• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE EM CHRISTMAS GUARD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I can't find the Toybox in Luna on Oceania, did the EM move it again?
Yes, for the THIRD TIME it has moved. He moved it over to new magincia, north of the isle for the xmas party, not sure if he moved it back to luna yet or just left it there. If it isn't back in Luna, try new magincia.

And I just went and checked it is left in new magincia.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of about an hour ago, you could probably get through the first half of the hall of death on Formosa without major problems (only one spot in the first half that hits you for about 40 points of damage if your character is lightly clothed). But there is a spot in the 2nd half where you're forced to be bombarded with boulders if you're trying to stay close to the path from the compass. I tried it twice with my carpenter there, but her suit is crummy scrounged LRC and I just don't have enough insurance money in her bankbox nor the time right now to keep trying it over and over. And the toy soldiers just aren't important enough to me to pay to turn on other accounts that have better characters on Formosa when I figure that I'll just fritter away a few more hours I really don't have to spare trying to get one or two of them through there. Just isn't worth it.

Regarding Balhae: I have a suspicion that whoever sets up the toy chest on Arirang may do the same thing for Balhae on the 28th. I checked out the "hall of death" in the Underworld on Balhae in case EM Takako is handling Balhae but there was nothing unusual set up there.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got mine and got it stolen before I could put it in the bank, welcome to Siege. No wonder no one wants to go there or play there.
Ouch. When I logged in there were two "grandmaster shades" waiting around. I grabbed mine then just used Siege bless on it then walked back to the bank.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My formosa chars have 50 mage, 50 steath, 20 hide and no armor at all, do they stand any hope, if not I will not bother, I have 496 gold on the chars so can't buy anything.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My formosa chars have 50 mage, 50 steath, 20 hide and no armor at all, do they stand any hope, if not I will not bother, I have 496 gold on the chars so can't buy anything.
That sounds like same as mine.. bought some npc leather armour..which is as good as been naked..and ive asked in general for cheap/free throwaway armour with no success.....kinda pissed off to be fair that i wont be making the set due to some EMs sense of xmas humbug fun...shame...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might be until you fizzle casting greater heal like I did. I then made another char with 50 healing and this was just to slow to heal.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got mine and got it stolen before I could put it in the bank, welcome to Siege. No wonder no one wants to go there or play there.
Sorry to hear you got yours yoinked off you before you got it in the bank. It never crossed my mind mine would get yoinked off me. I was to busy saying to myself don't kill me don't kill me over and over.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I took my poor little carpenter on Formosa hunting to get spined leather and made her a very basic LRC suit with high physical resist to replace the awful one she was wearing. But it didn't help.

The EM (or maybe a kindly player) has laid down regs to show you the way through the path. However, if you are trying to keep yourself healed and also watch the map to avoid missteps (I'm sorry, but I don't really trust the reg path!) and have a lot of lag to boot, the towers shooting at you make it impossible to stay healed. I made it to close to the end but just don't have the time to deal with getting a pet rezzed now (getting the stupid message about pet lacking cohesion that never seems to clear) and don't have that much gold in the bank to keep trying this again.

Screen shots show the gate in luna that takes you to the hole in the ground in Britain; the hole in the ground; where you pick up a compass for navigating the maze; first part of the maze, the second half, and the rez area.

Have fun with it.

formosa 1e.jpg
formosa 1f.jpg
formosa 1g.jpg
formosa1a.jpg
formosa 1b.jpg
formosa 1c.jpg
formosa 1d.jpg

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i certainly hope this is not the.....made easy bit!!! lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a heads up....I just went back to confirm something about the regs. They aren't locked down. So I'm guessing a player put them down and that they will disappear over time and that someone with a mean streak could easily move them around.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
...I'm guessing a player put them down and [...] they will disappear over time...
Yes, another player started this earlier, and I complemented & refreshed them four hours ago, so I guess they are gone by now. However, this only helps half the way - there are still the five Paragon Bunnies to choose of in the cave you get to if you reach the hole at the end (two of them will teleport you back, two to another room in the underworld / EM cave and one to the final cave with the box).

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOOOOO Just the 2 koreean shards not got a box??? SHAME they dont get at least a uo team box...or any friendly EM could have stepped i and dropped one for them.....only 2 days left............
arirang [nothing]
Balhae [ nothing]

am i right saying there is only 2 koreean shards.. and the rest of the east are japenase???

Alas siege/mugen...[odd balls as we cant transfer these out but both live]

formosa...??? [omitted by the EM up to press to all noobs...need a 70 suit and high hit points or doomed]

Last edited:

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Siege is Siege and the Thieves don't bother us. Actually sometimes the Thieves let us buy back the things we had. Its all about how you approach the situation with them sometimes...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as soon as you get it pick it up and just hold it on your pointer as you walk
do this and walk to the bank... they cant steal whats not in your pack...worked a treat...thanx 4gregu

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
update formosa......just made a new stealth/ninja char on a old account....aka wiped a old char out to make a newer one.... as iam told thats the best way for the maze....and the bloody hole to the event dont work anymore.. this is getting really annoying.....

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone please post a screenshot of the Atlantic Orc spawn? Are people just overreacting on the normal spawn in the cave? Unfortunately nothing unusual happened for the time i was watching there, though i was very much looking forward to some fun spawn :(

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATE.... on Formosa...... the green EM gate as gone from Luna and the hole dont work anymore at the EM house..... anyone got info were its maybe being moved too???

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATE.... on Formosa...... the green EM gate as gone from Luna and the hole dont work anymore at the EM house..... anyone got info were its maybe being moved too???

Formosa should have just finished its daily server maintenance cycle. I suspect that the maze in the Underworld changes daily. So the EM is probably right now in the process of replacing the towers that cause damage to players characters and/or placing obstacles to fit the new maze. You could try going to the Underworld and running to that area; however, I suspect that you won't be able to reach it because on my previous visits it looked like he had blocked all entrances to that area with flowstone or something else and put up signs that those access points were temporarily closed for an EM event. Wait a bit and see if the hole by the EM hall makes a return.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Formosa is back up. The hole at the EM hall is still there and I just layed down new regs (new path!) in the passageway. You can still reach the chest.

Last edited:

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just had a friendly chat with Em Takako he told me that tomorrow he will remove the towers to make it easier to get to the chest -- still better to go through there with 5000 hit points

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The EM on Formosa is quite nice. He has removed those terrible towers that shoot at you in the hallway. Once you make it all the way to the end and into the hole, the only thing left is to run over the correct rabbit, and you will end up at the chest. (this did take me quite a few attempts) the wrong rabbit you could start over or end up dead but there are healers !!.....good luck and Happy Holidays !!

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As promised EM Takako removed the towers its a cake walk to the hole now just which bunny????? oh and expect to be shot at so make sure you have all your strength before going in the hole to the bunnies I made it once to the chest with a newb character and I have the dextarity of a tree so this is just patience and perserverance

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my toy soldier on Formosa! Thank you to everyone who was helping out there tonight. I was randomly teleported to odd places the first two attempts (an EM-built place the first time and over by Vernix with the goblins the second time). But the third time picked the correct rabbit and got to the chest. Didn't die at all, but did get smooshed by boulders a few times and peppered with arrows.
formosa 2a.jpg

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
strange, i went in on all my account and did the maze but my one account cant go down into the hole to get to the maze?

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Mojo, it is in the Abyss, so maybe dont have SA on that account/

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Special Thanks to Lyssa of Formosa , who not only helped people all day to get the toy by finding rabbit and marking for people when they got down the rabbit hole, but for coming up with the best template to make it through the maze safely by having Ninja, Hide, Stealth on your newbie char :thumbsup::cheerleader:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want a very basic spined leather LRC suit on Formosa, I made up 2 male suits and 2 female suits, as well as some jewelry sets (ring and bracelet each with +13 magery, ring and bracelet each with +13 stealthing). They're nothing fancy, but I will hand them out to the next 4 people who find my carpenter in Luna on Formosa. Her name is Virginia.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did the maze naked ....and was a piece of cake...make sure u click the golden compas and u really cant go wrong following arrows...... a Formosa player helped choose the bunny..so thankyou Lyssa...was a huge help!!...when u drop down the hole its doesnt matter if u die..u can still stand on the bunny..and get a rez next to the toybox....and a gate back to britian...........

On a negative u cant do this toy box if u havent got the SA upgrade which is kinda cruel...as i run 2 accounts and one as it the other does not... and a toy aint worth the price of upgrading.. still ive got one for my collection...my freinds will have to buy the formosa one to complete there set [end].

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did the maze naked ....and was a piece of cake...make sure u click the golden compas and u really cant go wrong following arrows...... a Formosa player helped choose the bunny..so thankyou Lyssa...was a huge help!!...when u drop down the hole its doesnt matter if u die..u can still stand on the bunny..and get a rez next to the toybox....and a gate back to britian...........
Just gonna give this another try now. Is it any particular bunny?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes lyssa is there or was 30 minutes ago...but if u look at the bunny screen shot above...[look above]... its correct

Remember your account need SA which is cruel and 12.99 english pounds ..........thats 20 dollars to be able to get this toy!!!.....not really playing ball this...its excluding people for enjoying the festive fun

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe we need to turn our attention to the missing two koreeaan shards.....will/wont they be getting the box...gonna have a quick scout around....
NOT FOUND YET
arirang
Balhae

Last edited:

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolutely wonderful people down in formosa especially Lyssa without whose help I am sure I would have ended up in the loony bin this is what UO is about

GL Trader

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
it also helps to rove path finding while doing the hallway of death. so you don't step off the path and ... die.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Made it to the end room then died to a snake!!!
IT DOESNT MATTER IF U DIE WHEN U FALL DOWN THE 2ND HOLE

stand on the right bunny as a ghost!!! u can rez by a healer next to the toy box then collect the toy..then use the moongate to britain bank

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe we need to turn our attention to the missing two koreeaan shards.....will/wont they be getting the box...gonna have a quick scout around....
NOT FOUND YET
arirang
Balhae

All i found with a quick scout around...think the same EM as Formosa services both these shards???
arirang...no xmas deco anywere...no one talking in chat either....town crier banging on about something on the 28th decemeber
balhae...no xmas deco anywere...no one talking in chat either....town crier is quite

Status
Not open for further replies.