• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE EM CHRISTMAS GUARD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tried toy chest with no luck. Timer says 155065 seconds (2584 min or 43 hrs) not sure what is going on.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think unless the EM comeback to fix this this toy box is gonna go poof ...still unable to get the toy gift.....box goes poof in around 3 -4 hours!!!! dohhhhhhhhh

Better still mesanna herself ...maybe needed to sort this out...ive pmed the dark lady...but iam guessing a 50 people have already done so!! can only keep fingers crossed on this one..off to work back in 11 hour..think i will miss this.....uhmmmm

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im there with 3 chars. I clicked the chest like 5 min before it dissapered. I was hidden and all of a sudden a statue apeared infront of my feet just to pick up. weird way to distribute them i thought and logged in the other two but got nothing

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uuugh,

hopefully the old toy box is gone because it doesnt work.
After server up maybe there are a brabd new you box that works perfectly.

Yepp,
Im crazy optimistic. but its christmas after all.

THP,
if I manage to log in when the box is working I will give you a toy.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The box dissapered infron of our eyes and kongomongo that was there said he got a message from the EM saying he now knew what was wrong and needed help from "above" Due to time zone differences he could not do more right now. Poor EM he really tries.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3:24 AM Pacific standard time the chest is gone !!!!! what a total joke

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Poor guy didnt even know of the problem. Seems like a lot complained into their beards yesterday which is, well, not too helpful for the EM.

I emailed him an hour ago and received a prompt reply where he told me all was in order from his side. I explained the problem again and linked to this thread here.

Then he proceeded to get it fixed: http://arirang.uoem.net/?p=3872

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I guess we just gotta wait for Mesanna to wake up and fix it. We'll get our toys..

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

talking only for myself I say that we behave like kids.
:(

If noone told him, including myself ,we really should keep the blame stick ourself.

Regards
The Scandinaian

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Poor guy didnt even know of the problem. Seems like a lot complained into their beards yesterday which is, well, not too helpful for the EM.
If noone told him, including myself ,we really should keep the blame stick ourself.
Kongomongo (and Scandinavian), I really don't agree that noone was reporting a problem... This thread exists, I and others paged multiple times, I @ mesanna'd a post here, it was being stated often in Arirang's general chat - I and others did try asking for him there without response - plus there were at least a dozen people standing at the toybox all day and night saying it didn't work - the EM never looked in to see if the toybox worked. I'm prob just not seeing it, but I don't see an email address for him on http://arirang.uoem.net/

Personally, I think all normal means apart from email for contacting EMs/devs/Mesanna were tried. Imho, this is entirely on the EM's shoulders; there's no way he shouldn't have known it was broken, esp with him placing it at 8 am EST Jan 27, and claiming to not know it was broken until 5:30 am EST Jan 28, with only 2:30 left before the toybox disappeared (though I gather it poofed earlier than that?)... unless he placed it and just never bothered to test it or check to make sure there weren't problems.

Brian

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Sorry brian but I have to completely disagree here. Do you report to your electricity company that lights are out by talking to your neighbours or the police? (Sorry for the analogy but i feel it fits)

I wouldnt ever assume an asian EM that states he has a problem and has to cut his quest to monitor a stratics thread 24/7 at a time he should be asleep due to his timezone. GMs? Not sure how they could help. Mesanna was mentioned in a thread, ok thats good. Still not something I would expect a direct response from.

In my discussion with the EM it was obvious he was unable to replicate the problem. Only by pointing him to others that also had the problem he was seeing that there definitely was something up.

Tldr, sorry. Im just always a fan of reporting things thoroughly and directly if i want stuff fixed. Not directing this at anyone, but the amount of throwing unconstructive complaints out is mind boggling at times. The first threads are always like "wtf have the devs fxceked up this time???? How dumb you gotta be????" And stuff like that, without even knowing details. I always think "are they really thinking this helps anyone?"

/rant

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
kongomongo, my issue with your reply is that it took whatever blame should be given, and put it on us for somehow not reporting the problem to the EM. Sorry, but you've skipped over some of the things that were tried; at the least, paging the EM in g-chat and events chat and over a dozen people standing near the toybox reporting it not working. I can confirm that these things were done throughout the day, from at least 11:45 am EST through until 2 am EST.

Additionally, stratics is the official forums for UO. We weren't just posting "at a time he should be asleep due to his timezone"; the posts about the toybox not working started with Tina's at 10:30 am yesterday morning and went throughout the day. Indeed, that was why we hoped server up time would make a change, either through the server up fixing it, or simply, it being morning his time for him to be able to fix it.

Apart from all these ways we tried to contact the EM, nowhere on the EM site is there a contact field or email address, so far as I can find. It simply seems to me that the EM dropped off the toybox, logged out, then never looked at the official forums nor logged into the shard.

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
kongomongo, my issue with your reply is that it took whatever blame should be given, and put it on us for somehow not reporting the problem to the EM. Sorry, but you've skipped over some of the things that were tried; at the least, paging the EM in g-chat and events chat and over a dozen people standing near the toybox reporting it not working. I can confirm that these things were done throughout the day, from at least 11:45 am EST through until 2 am EST.

Additionally, stratics is the official forums for UO. We weren't just posting "at a time he should be asleep due to his timezone"; the posts about the toybox not working started with Tina's at 10:30 am yesterday morning and went throughout the day. Indeed, that was why we hoped server up time would make a change, either through the server up fixing it, or simply, it being morning his time for him to be able to fix it.

Apart from all these ways we tried to contact the EM, nowhere on the EM site is there a contact field or email address, so far as I can find. It simply seems to me that the EM dropped off the toybox, logged out, then never looked at the official forums nor logged into the shard.
Then I'll simply let you think that and not disrupt any further.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
EM Takako is currently on Arirang and working on fixing the toybox. It has been removed from the snow cave at the moment

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Gah got up at 5 am for nothing, oh well atleast I will be able to mess the tailors up first this week ;o)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks Kolka. :) Anyone who parked in the snow cave, there is an EM gate back to luna at the moment to save you time getting back. EM Takako says that the toybox is currently being fixed, and will be placed in a bank once it is done. He also says that Balhae has no EM to place a toybox, but that he will pass the message up to see if Balhae can possibly get one.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
So maybe now would be a good time to thank the EM who made the toybox an event on his/her home shard players, progressively made it easier as the week went for the non-Formosa players, then came over to Arirang to try and resolve their malfunctioning toy box, aaaaaaannnnndddddd will try and see if the abandonded Balhae shard can get a toybox?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do hope some of you know there are faster and better ways of contacting issues with the game instead of hoping a Dev may see it in a thread title that doesn't really show an issue.

I would of started another thread with the actual issue on what shards in the title on the forums so a Dev could of seen it. Remember it is the holidays still for some and the devs may have taken some time off till the end of the year.

Twitter

@MythicNews

@UOHerald

@UltimaOnlineEA

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/UltimaOnline

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought that EM's have Mesanna's Cell Phone #. Just saying so if one of them is on it then I'm fairly sure she's already been contacted. However it would be nice to have some sort of return info saying don't waste your time we'll be back in the office on XYZ date and will fix it then..... but that might be asking too much.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
EM Hanarin said he sent word to his boss(es) in the US, but he kind of thought they might be out of the office for the holidays. He did say he'd be trying to get a fixed toybox up, but didn't know if or when for certain. He said he'd keep us posted in the Arirang EM forum. EM Takako (Formosa) and EM Hanarin (Arirang) both also said they'd been surprised; they didn't realize that there were any people collecting the toys other than for any given player's own main shard.

EM Takako also clarified that for Formosa, it was an event he'd planned for a good while - makes sense, as it was posted on that shard's EM page for a while prior to the toyboxes coming out. When the toyboxes did come out, he'd added the Formosa one as a prize at the end of the already-planned event. That was why it was so difficult at the beginning (never planned with newbies in mind) and also why it was in a place only SA-enabled accounts could go (the maze was planned long before the idea of a shard(s)-wide gift being a part). He said he'd keep both in mind next time - he'll likely still have difficult puzzles, but if he thinks newbies may be trying to attend in large numbers, he'll try to scale difficulty down over time so we still have a chance, and if there's a shard-wide gift, he'll try to avoid places that require specific expansions.

Both EMs also had at least a handful of Balhae players asking where their toybox was. EM Takako's going to be passing the request to his bosses, but no promises.

Brian
ICQ 23573865

P.S.: I leave for vacation tonight. I'll have limited net access the next few days, then I'll be at sea until the 13th. For anyone who wants a lift for their toys, please take the next couple weeks to check and make sure that you've not forgotten to drop any off to me. I'll be collecting toys again Jan 13 - Jan 15th. No late dropoffs this time, please; I'll be pushing to get shards packed and moved starting the 16th, plus I have to have bags ready on the 16th for those helping on shards where I don't personally have a token. If you have friends who need a lift, and they don't use ICQ, please collect theirs with yours, to give to me and catch a ride. We now have coverage for every single shard which got a toybox, plus Arirang if that toybox ever does get fixed. Dropoffs will first be on Chessie for those who can, hopefully by the end of the month, then immediately after, on Atlantic, for everyone else. More info at http://stratics.com/community/threads/how-to-get-your-toy-soldiers-home.309345

Last edited:

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
He put a guy next to the Luna Banker that just gives news about the box, just say news ;o)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the guy at the bank says not....still ongoing...like above just say ''news'' at the bank nd u will be informed/updated

GL Trader

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would be interested in trading LRC suits and full spell book with anyone who wants one on Great Lakes for one on their shard to help with getting around to get these gifts we all try to get with new chars.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would be interested in trading LRC suits and full spell book with anyone who wants one on Great Lakes for one on their shard to help with getting around to get these gifts we all try to get with new chars.
Most of the toy chests are now gone

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the box on Formosa gone now? I was away for christmas and went to the em hall there. there is a bunny saying "Last chance to get the Holiday Toy before it is gone, gone at server time, HuRRy!!!" but i cant seem to find the box (no hole to step in, standing on the bunny doesnt do anything)

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Takako responded in game within minutes of me posting that to remove the bunny. Apparently the box was gone right after christmas. If anyone has an extra Formosa toy for sale.. please let me know.

(again thank you Takako for the speedy response, it was nice talking to you)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Jack, talk to me when I get back; I snagged only 2, earmarked the spare for you when I noticed you were afk. :)

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Kolka. :) Anyone who parked in the snow cave, there is an EM gate back to luna at the moment to save you time getting back. EM Takako says that the toybox is currently being fixed, and will be placed in a bank once it is done. He also says that Balhae has no EM to place a toybox, but that he will pass the message up to see if Balhae can possibly get one.

Well was just able to log on since I left to visit family. Apparently no toy box on Arirang. Oh well, that happens. Does anyone know of any current way to get newbie characters off ice island on Arirang? The EM gate is down.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well was just able to log on since I left to visit family. Apparently no toy box on Arirang. Oh well, that happens. Does anyone know of any current way to get newbie characters off ice island on Arirang? The EM gate is down.
help option on paperdoll character stuck option
oh and you didn't hear that from me I'll deny it :D

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
??? said:
help option on paperdoll character stuck option
oh and you didn't hear that from me I'll deny it :D

Hehe. Oh my, you know you are tired when you don't even think about the stuck help option. And I'm not even sure why I just thought about it now -- some unknown birdie perhaps.... I was stuck thinking about the various crystal portals and was hoping there might be a known one on the island.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe. Oh my, you know you are tired when you don't even think about the stuck help option. And I'm not even sure why I just thought about it now -- some unknown birdie perhaps.... I was stuck thinking about the various crystal portals and was hoping there might be a known one on the island.
I can gate you off if you're still there and haven't used help yet.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can gate you off if you're still there and haven't used help yet.

Thanks Tina. I am still there. I figure I can use the help feature anytime. Would love a gate, if you are still available. I'll keep this page open for awhile to see if you respond. I can always check in general chat to see if anyone is available to send a gate to the island.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tina. I am still there. I figure I can use the help feature anytime. Would love a gate, if you are still available. I'll keep this page open for awhile to see if you respond. I can always check in general chat to see if anyone is available to send a gate to the island.
On my way!

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
News from the Arirang EM site:
Dec​
Christmas Gift emergency

Categories: Announcements , Event News
Hello, EM Lynn is one.
Christmas gifts are received by that part of the problem and to receive e-mail was confirmed when the problem is found in the fact of such measures for some time, but it may delay the issue is resolved as soon as this part of the re- I will re-announcements. For the inconvenience Sorry for the mentioned parts. Happy New Year and Christmas coming to spend time on this issue, which caused more reluctant about that throw.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Strange, EM Hanarin posted that there wont be gifts for Arirang and Balhae.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Hanarin has been really hard on himself /herself over this issue. The town crier announcements and his posts on the Arirang EM website make me feel so bad for him, because he's apologized profusely for wasting players' time and has tried so hard to put all the blame on himself for what happened. I would like to reassure him that the explanations given are more than satisfactory and I harbor absolutely no ill will over this incident. It's clear that he had something fun planned, through an unfortunate set of circumstances it didn't work out as planned, and he tried to make things right but couldn't. I sincerely hope that this does not put a damper on his enthusiasm for being an EM or cause him to lose his job. I hope he will be able to consider it a learning experience and move on. And as players, I hope we all consider it an opportunity to show some empathy and don't make a big deal out of it.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
EM Hanarin has been really hard on himself /herself over this issue. The town crier announcements and his posts on the Arirang EM website make me feel so bad for him, because he's apologized profusely for wasting players' time and has tried so hard to put all the blame on himself for what happened. I would like to reassure him that the explanations given are more than satisfactory and I harbor absolutely no ill will over this incident. It's clear that he had something fun planned, through an unfortunate set of circumstances it didn't work out as planned, and he tried to make things right but couldn't. I sincerely hope that this does not put a damper on his enthusiasm for being an EM or cause him to lose his job. I hope he will be able to consider it a learning experience and move on. And as players, I hope we all consider it an opportunity to show some empathy and don't make a big deal out of it.

Could not agree more. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.