• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE EM CHRISTMAS GUARD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IT DOESNT MATTER IF U DIE WHEN U FALL DOWN THE 2ND HOLE

stand on the right bunny as a ghost!!! u can rez by a healer next to the toy box then collect the toy..then use the moongate to britain bank
OK I got to end, picked a bunny and got teleported to another random place (still in underworld near the flints logbook) then got killed! My body stayed there also and I had to run all the way back to the start.

Any way to know what bunny to step on?

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I got to end, picked a bunny and got teleported to another random place (still in underworld near the flints logbook) then got killed! My body stayed there also and I had to run all the way back to the start.

Any way to know what bunny to step on?
You can try this: bring up the health bar of a rabbit you are about to step on. Keep it up and when you get back pick another rabbit. If you are lucky you won't have 5 rabbit health bars up :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brian... i guess u will be missing the last few toy chests ....i cant get u a formossa as only one of my two accounts as got the SA upgrade....BUT i can give u a wakaku toy..........and maybe others what u have missed due to your power down problem.

Last edited:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I have an extra Formosa toy for Brian if he misses it

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Landed here somehow and got stuck! Had to help option out. =/
stuck.JPG

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HEY EVERYONE MANY OF THE CHESTS ARE ON THEIR LAST DAY (today 24th) I was advised that Atlantic chest has disappeared

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've crafted 5 more spined leather LRC suits on Formosa and will be placing them in various locations that should be easily accessible by low-skilled characters on Formosa. They'll be in small oak boxes. They will also include a check for a small amount (10k) to help cover miscellaneous expenses (e.g., insurance, since some of the random teleports of ghosts don't appear to be bringing your body, although I suspect the corpse is at the rezzing spot at the beginning of the maze in those cases). (The checks are courtesy of my generous guildmate, Poo.) Unfortunately, my supply of enchanted essence is almost gone and I don't have decent enough characters on Formosa at the moment to get more, so no jewelry this time around.

I will edit this post as I drop off the boxes! Get ready to run if you want one. And Happy Holidays to you all!

Location 1: The Bottled Imp alchemist shop in New Haven
Location 2: Near the bar at the EM Hall. (Use the teal gate at the bottom of the steps in Luna to go to the EM Hall. But don't step in the hole in the ground right as you arrive!!)
Location 3: By the ankh on the 2nd floor of the healer's building in Zento (just west of the moongate). The healer's building is named "Satori Healing Garden."
Location 4: On the floor between two beds in the building where Aurelia the Architect's Daughter paces back and forth. (It's just west of the Jhelom moongate.)
Location 5: On the floor next to two bookcases in the alchemist shop south of the Skara Brae moongate. The shop name is "Mystic Treasures."

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still 2 missing??? thats 25 out the 27 shards!!!

airirang..maybe the 28th as EM Event scheduled....strange why it would be late though...
balhae...no news on UOs quietest shard as yet..

Im guessing neither as a full time EM and will be serviced by Formossa maybe .....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still 2 missing??? thats 25 out the 27 shards!!!

airirang..maybe the 28th as EM Event scheduled....strange why it would be late though...
balhae...no news on UOs quietest shard as yet..

Im guessing neither as a full time EM and will be serviced by Formossa maybe .....
You have to remember, Christmas is not such a special day in most places in Asia. It is now Christmas morning ------ I live in Thailand and I just sent my son off to school, same as any day.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks for thinking of me guys! I'm completely touched! :D Merry Christmas to you all!

My power came back on an hour ago, and with it, amazingly, the net. I've managed to get all caught up; even got my 2 SA accounts through Formosa to the toybox - note to EMs... not everyone's account has every release enabled... I wonder how many Formosans had a good enough char to do this one on day one, but couldn't access because they didn't have SA?

Anyhow, hopefully the last two shards get toyboxes; if not, well... they're also 2 of the 3 I've not been able to get covered for us all getting our toys home, so that's maybe one less headache? :D

In any case, I noticed some of the toyboxes are down to 13 hours now; looks like time's about up - get them now, or miss them forever.

I'll be collecting drop offs again on the 26th and 27th; I leave the 28th and return the 13th. I'll spend the 13th-15th or so taking any more toys/etc while I unpack in RL, then around the 16th I'll run xshards as fast as I can, and get them all to Chessie. Then I'll pack them all up on Chessie, and get them to Atl. Anyone who wants a Chessie drop off - or who can (if, say, you have shields for both) - PM and let me know. 24 shards all headed to Atlantic, with 60 to 80 toys having already been dropped off to me per shard, means I need to drop off at least 20 from each shard, else it'll take more than a single token to get them all to Atl. :)

Thanks,
Brian

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to remember, Christmas is not such a special day in most places in Asia. It is now Christmas morning ------ I live in Thailand and I just sent my son off to school, same as any day.
Great isn't it! No rushing around to buy gifts, all shops open as usual and no fuss. I'm just hopping on the BTS to go treat myself to a full English breakfast!

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI: Formosa crashed for a bit earlier this morning. (2:10 AM CST here at the moment). Unfortunately, it crashed right after I got my first character through the maze of death. Thanks to Thoth it wasn't too bad once I got nightsight and had his aid. But the crash caused a loss of the Christmas item and it reset the maze so you have to get off the path again. I'm done for the night and will try to get on Formosa after server up, but Christmas is a very hectic time in my household. If I am able to get on, I hope my one character isn't told that he already has an item. I have two other accounts that I hope to take through the maze so maybe not a complete loss. Well anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other holidays.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya Brian and merry christmas... sems your icq is set to default and wont accept messages unless u have my name, telephone number,address , birthdate and bank code....just a heads up...no idea why icq does this somethimes

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how mnay typos was there..i got 3....
LA's ''chestlake'' Box
Wakakou's...''Kanata'sToy''
and the ''OY Box'' from Hokuto

maybe a bit too much xmas cheer when the EMs were naming them!!!:pint:

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
A bunch also are missing spaces, esp after the commas.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Formosa is real easy now just follow the arrows to the end to the toybox then go in the gate. Someone place coins down to follow, but some places are missing coins so watch the arrows

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yup; Arirang and Balhae. I'm not holding out much hope for Balhae... their last event was Dec 22, 2012, or about that.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arirang xmas event
Happy Holiday, travelers and adventurers! You will have a special quest at 28th December 2013. The quest starts at 10:00 PM based on KST and this event has no RPC or EM at all. You are free to start any time after 28th December 2013 10:00 PM till January 1st. To begin with, you need to find secret snow cave in northern Island where dungeon Deceit located. After you find it, begin talk with the man there by saying “Hello”! Then he’ll tell you something about the quest and what you need to do. Enjoy it!

Time/Date: 28th December 2013 10:00PM
Location: Secret Snow Cave in Britannia (Trammel) Snow Island in Northern Hemisphere where Dungeon Deceit located.
How to Start: Say “Hello” to someone in secret snow cave in the island. He’ll talk something to you. If you are not familiar with interact with NPCs or don’t know how to do it, please visit following button to get information!
Talk with NPC

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have finally manage to get the toy on Formosa.

Thank you Royal Phun for helping me get through the last steps.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just finished on all three accounts. I'm glad the crash did not knock out the one gift.
first day the chest was put out I got 1 after 10 times, after that the last 3 accounts was downhill got in the rabbit room died tried to step on the right rabbit but was to far away.LOL was so close was what I kept telling myself try again ( writes note stop listening to yourself ) kept trying til this morning when it made very easy to get.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Formosa was a big disappointment for a lot of people. While it may be funny for the EM who created it to laugh at people's misfortune on Christmas. If I were in charge of the program you would no longer be an EM ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been checking the "secret snow cave" on Arirang for a few days now and the chest is finally there. However, it doesn't seem to work yet. I suspect that is because it is not yet December 28th. Hopefully after Arirang has its server maintenance in another 8-10 hours from now, it will give out toy soldiers. Note: The chest currently says it has a lifespan of 1 day.

arirang chest.jpg

Balhae's secret snow cave is still empty, the town criers have no news, and the EM site's last news is from December 2012.

balhae snow cave.jpg

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been checking the "secret snow cave" on Arirang for a few days now and the chest is finally there. However, it doesn't seem to work yet. I suspect that is because it is not yet December 28th. Hopefully after Arirang has its server maintenance in another 8-10 hours from now, it will give out toy soldiers.
Tina i just signed in there now. How did you get to the island?

I just found a Luna house with a portal and got to ice island. Yep, chest not working for me either.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww, crud. The Arirang EM site says something about the gift only being available for one day. EM Hanarin apologized for not being able to do the quest as planned. I'm not sure why it didn't work for me and whether it's just not turned on yet or the availability period is over.

I went by there yesterday at 9:53 am Mountain Time (I have a screen shot of an empty cave) and there was nothing there yet. It is currently 8:42 am Mountain Time and now the chest is there but not functional, so the chest has not been there for 24 hours yet.

The Arirang EM website seems to be counting down to an event at 10:00 pm on December 28th. It currently shows 21 hours and 19 minutes to go. Also, it is currently very, very early in the morning on December 28th in South Korea. So, hopefully the countdown timer on the website is to indicate when the chest will become functional, i.e., in about 21 hours, and not when it is going to be turned off.

Edited to add: As DJAd noted, there is a shop on the west side of Luna that has a corrupted crystal portal that you can use to get to Deceit dungeon. I think the shop's name is something like "Mistletoe Shop." (Has been a while since I marked a rune there.)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very rough translation of EM Hanarin's note on the Arirang EM site:

"Good day, travelers and adventurers. EM Hanarin here. Originally I was about to giving you christmas gifts with a small quest. But by circumstances of my personal issues and unable to extend the reward giver, I decide to giving this gift without the any quest. You can directly get your gift from the certain location, which you can find from the picture above and you can have it only 1 day so don’t miss it. I apologize for the people who expected my event and I will do much better next year. Thank you for your understanding and I and truly sorry again for any inconvenience. I hope you had a wonderful Xmas and also happy new year.​
"Thank you for everything for this year.​
"Specific Location Coordination: Arctic Island Cave (127o 44′N 177o 24′W – Sextant Location)"​
There also appears to be a note from a different EM (EM Lynn?):

"Hello, EM Lynn is one. Quest Bondi form of a series of Christmas gifts will be available through the event but, personal circumstances and the overall compensation system, except in the event of a problem, due to the directly. Therefore, people participating in Arirang player on your Christmas gift to yourself in that place can be collected, and can only be collected today, but one day, so inevitably miss the time to avoid letting the moment take Exhibition Centre. Christmas is a special event you updates with the expectation that the word of apology appreciated, the next year the event will be better for it sincerely hope to make. We hope you have had a good Christmas, I will wish wish you a pleasant one.​
"Thank you.​
"Gift recipients Location : Arctic island cave (124o 44'N, 177o 24'W - sixth position)"​

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm at the Arirang cave now. Toybox is still there, but not yet functional. It still shows 1 day remaining. Arirang's server maintenance is at 6 pm EST - 5:15 hours from now. I'm assuming that the EM's countdown might actually be time until the box goes away, not time until the box works... The EM's site is at 19:13:46 now. Server up will be at approx 6:30 pm EST, from past experience. And saying "Hello" to every goblin in the cave does nothing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Arirang EM site now says in bright red that the chest is going away at 10 pm. It is 3 am in Korea right now (1:00 pm Eastern Time), so that leaves about 17 hours for it to stay up, minus whatever time is used up by server maintenance.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Has anyone checked the snow cave on Balhae?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Arirang EM site now says in bright red that the chest is going away at 10 pm. It is 3 am in Korea right now (1:00 pm Eastern Time), so that leaves about 17 hours for it to stay up, minus whatever time is used up by server maintenance.
i posted this above
http://arirang.uoem.net/?p=3866
Arirang xmas event
Happy Holiday, travelers and adventurers! You will have a special quest at 28th December 2013. The quest starts at 10:00 PM based on KST and this event has no RPC or EM at all. You are free to start any time after 28th December 2013 10:00 PM till January 1st. To begin with, you need to find secret snow cave in northern Island where dungeon Deceit located. After you find it, begin talk with the man there by saying “Hello”! Then he’ll tell you something about the quest and what you need to do. Enjoy it!

Time/Date: 28th December 2013 10:00PM
Location: Secret Snow Cave in Britannia (Trammel) Snow Island in Northern Hemisphere where Dungeon Deceit located.
How to Start: Say “Hello” to someone in secret snow cave in the island. He’ll talk something to you. If you are not familiar with interact with NPCs or don’t know how to do it, please visit following button to get information!
Talk with NPC
This event was suppose to have no RPC or EM at all. and we have til dec 28th to jan 1stso im wondering if this event here as nothing to do with the red chest.

I also notice that the toy soldier is also missing that stood by the red chest.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i posted this above
http://arirang.uoem.net/?p=3866
Arirang xmas event​
Happy Holiday, travelers and adventurers! You will have a special quest at 28th December 2013. The quest starts at 10:00 PM based on KST and this event has no RPC or EM at all. You are free to start any time after 28th December 2013 10:00 PM till January 1st. To begin with, you need to find secret snow cave in northern Island where dungeon Deceit located. After you find it, begin talk with the man there by saying “Hello”! Then he’ll tell you something about the quest and what you need to do. Enjoy it!​
Time/Date: 28th December 2013 10:00PM​
Location: Secret Snow Cave in Britannia (Trammel) Snow Island in Northern Hemisphere where Dungeon Deceit located.​
How to Start: Say “Hello” to someone in secret snow cave in the island. He’ll talk something to you. If you are not familiar with interact with NPCs or don’t know how to do it, please visit following button to get information!​
This event was suppose to have no RPC or EM at all. and we have til dec 28th to jan 1stso im wondering if this event here as nothing to do with the red chest.

I also notice that the toy soldier is also missing that stood by the red chest.
Yes, I know that is what the EM site was saying for the last week or so. However, the site was updated today and the latest information that EM Hanarin posted on the site (http://arirang.uoem.net/?p=3866) reads as follows:

"Good day, travelers and adventurers. EM Hanarin here. Originally I was about to giving you christmas gifts with a small quest. But by circumstances of my personal issues and unable to extend the reward giver, I decide to giving this gift without the any quest. You can directly get your gift from the certain location, which you can find from the picture above and you can have it only 1 day so don’t miss it. I apologize for the people who expected my event and I will do much better next year. Thank you for your understanding and I and truly sorry again for any inconvenience. I hope you had a wonderful Xmas and also happy new year.
There ‘s not much time to retrieve your gift so I recommend you to take it as soon as possible. I requested extension of reward giver but for the fairness of other shards, I assume, I could have only 1 day for distribution so by 10:00PM, reward giver might disappear. Therefore, I hope you move as soon as you see this announcement.

"Thank you for everything for this year.

"Specific Location Coordination: Arctic Island Cave (127o 44′N 177o 24′W – Sextant Location)"

And as of right now, which is approximately 5:30 am on December 28th in Korea, the toy chest still isn't giving out toy soldiers. (You get to see inside it when you click on it, but nothing else happens and you get the message, "You cannot use that." It still shows that it has 1 day left on it.) Hopefully EM Hanarin has been sleeping and will have a chance to do something to the box sometime soon to get it working.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still not working but i think its server down in 20 mins

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Sever up, and still "You cannot use that". Tried "Hello" again to the elves as well, no luck.

CORRECTION: We just got the "servers going down" messages; looks like they're running an hour late tonight.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, server maintenance for Arirang, Balhae, and Formosa is around this time in the winter months. At other times during the year, it seems to happen earlier, when the Japanese shards have their maintenance.

Edited to add: Still doesn't work.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just signed into Arirang. A big group of people in the cave but when you click on the box it just says "You cannot use that".

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earlier today I saw someone sort of speculating that it might need to be December 28th where you are in order for the Arirang toy chest to work. I still have another 3.5 hours to go before it's midnight. How about everyone else? Is it the 28th where you are and has the chest worked for you yet?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The Arirang EM said it was activated; we just hoped the server down might fix whatever is bugged. :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's now very early in the morning on the 28th of December where I am and the toy chest on Arirang still gives up no toy soldier. The message is still, "You cannot use that," although my character does get to see inside the chest and can put stuff in there if she wants to. The EM website for Arirang is showing 5 hours and 22 minutes remaining for the chest. :-(

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
5:17:42 on EM site; toybox still not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.