• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I contacted a GM explained my situation and he said this..

We cannot give any items back for that we are sorry..but we can however give you 30 days free time :)

I said we'll is there no way to check what rewards have been claimed in my history to see that I'm not lying about an account bound item

He then replied I can apply the 30 days free game time to this account and it takes like 2 weeks or something to show up

I said ok well what about my soulstones

He said anything else I can help you with today

I said yea tell me what to do about my soulstones

He said ok well safe travels and thank you for playing Ultima Online and prompty ended gm chat

*slow clap* well played!!
So that is how they are gonna hand out 30 day codes? Thats real effective!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've paged in game several times, I've sent emails to the DEV team.. and I've yet to hear one damn word back about my missing char and items. Heck I can't even get the free 30 days apparently. LOL

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've paged in game several times, I've sent emails to the DEV team.. and I've yet to hear one damn word back about my missing char and items. Heck I can't even get the free 30 days apparently. LOL
An your surprised?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Should have been? Past tense? This thing is still ongoing, and will be for some time. Those characters possibly can be restored - but not by flipping a magical switch somewhere! Sorting this out isn't going to be a 5 minute job, it's going to take hours and hours of dedicated darn hard work. Let's be patient please people. I'm sure the devs will do what ever they can to put things right, but they don't have magic wands. It's going to take time.

I'm sorry, but where do you see that this is still an ongoing issue? The only official word on this was Mesanna offering nothing but a canned apology and an unacceptable compensation offer.

I see no mention of anyone continuing to work on restoring anything. No plea for patience while they attempt to recover lost items or characters. Nothing.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
All i can actually say you realy need to give them some more time - this is a BIG issue and i am 100% sure the Team spent the last 24 hours together to determit the problem, damage and what solutions they have for it - so please give them a chance....even they dunnot reply yet to anyone and give out any update whats happening next...it needs time...

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You seem to associate your own ineptitude as being the property of everyone aside from yourself. My source? Your own effin guild. Try again trollski.
You don't know me or my guild. You should prolly check your compass there sport.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woow this topic has now almost had 10k views in 24 hours. Hot stuff!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but where do you see that this is still an ongoing issue? The only official word on this was Mesanna offering nothing but a canned apology and an unacceptable compensation offer.

I see no mention of anyone continuing to work on restoring anything. No plea for patience while they attempt to recover lost items or characters. Nothing.
Try reading back a bit. Several people have now had characters that were lost restored. No, Mesanna's not here talking about restoring things. She's out there doing the darn restoring.
Which would you class as the priority? Restoring people's characters or sitting on the message boards talking about it?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try reading back a bit. Several people have now had characters that were lost restored. No, Mesanna's not here talking about restoring things. She's out there doing the darn restoring.
Which would you class as the priority? Restoring people's characters or sitting on the message boards talking about it?
I don't suppose we have word yet for these types of losses as to the best course of action to take to get on "the list", or is the team just going back through the logs currently and handle this as they find them in the logs?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about letting people know what's going on.

I don't know that transfers are being restored. Mesanna or someone from EA can't take a few minutes to address the biggest blunder in UOs history and talk about what action they're going to take regarding transfers? Gimme a break...

Last edited:

TaiRosa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand what you are saying Petra but I do agree with everyone else. They are a company and all of the players they still have are loyal players which is why they have their jobs, I am sure someone somewhere in the company is in charge of PR so even if it is another canned response they need to make an update of some sort.

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you ******* kidding me?????​
I just put 200 mil into a suit. During that same time I transferred a fully scrolled out mage from Great Lakes to Atlantic. All of that is gone? Are you kidding me? 2 weeks? What the **** is wrong with you. Fix it, compensate me. This is unacceptable.​
lol

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for 15 years they don't do anything if somebody is hacked and their characters deleted. The people that paid THEM for character transfers lost REAL LIFE money.

Now they screw up, dupe a bunch of characters and people say they're restoring. :D

The only person that should speak for Mesanna is Mesanna. Petra, you talk like you are her. Are you on Mythic payroll by chance? How can you defend their argument? No other gaming company would let an atrocity such as this happen in any part of the world. I am posting this as a valid question.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It only takes 5 mins out of your working day to let everyone know what's going on, the other 7 hours 55 mins can be spent on rectifying the problem. Not asking much is it?

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You realy want someone step out, test the micro, and exactly report to all of us the steps they are just going through etc.. provide a timeline what happens next..etc..
I work in a hughe company and we had problems like that before that are compareable - first time you go public, especially using PR, will happen earliest 24 hours after the incident if even..
And it IS a LEGAL thing thats for sure - people, sorry for that, have no clue what has to been done if something like this happens if they havent been into this before...

We have to give them time and be patient - nothing will change the more the arguing and anger goes on, realy nothing...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for 15 years they don't do anything if somebody is hacked and their characters deleted. The people that paid THEM for character transfers lost REAL LIFE money.

Now they screw up, dupe a bunch of characters and people say they're restoring. :D

The only person that should speak for Mesanna is Mesanna. Petra, you talk like you are her. Are you on Mythic payroll by chance? How can you defend their argument? No other gaming company would let an atrocity such as this happen in any part of the world. I am posting this as a valid question.
No, I'm not presuming to speak for Mesanna, and no I'm not on anyone's 'payroll', anywhere. All I can do is read and draw attention to the postivie things that people are reporting and try to get people to have patience.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I have a portion of this too...were do i sign up for free 30 days...[Lost some stuff]

TaiRosa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is expecting them to report exactly the steps they are going through. I think at this point everyone just wants a "Hello, to our loyal players. Just to let you all know we are still working on the problem. Thanks for your patience we will update you again soon" WOW that was so simple!! It comes down to being courteous and acknowledging their loyal customers.

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm not presuming to speak for Mesanna, and no I'm not on anyone's 'payroll', anywhere. All I can do is read and draw attention to the postivie things that people are reporting and try to get people to have patience.
If the game were free to play I could see justification for their antics, but they have a paying customer base and things should be handled better. There are companies such as Blizzard that take the same subscription cost and provide a better product with better service. UO is not even competitive in the market anymore. The subscription cost should be scrapped or lowered.

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the game were free to play I could see justification for their antics, but they have a paying customer base and things should be handled better. There are companies such as Blizzard that take the same subscription cost and provide a better product with better service. UO is not even competitive in the market anymore. The subscription cost should be scrapped or lowered.
Wasn't we sold on the notion a few yrs back that our increse in subscription cost would be used for better support? Wonder where that support is now?

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no legal steps. It's in their Terms of Service. They don't have to do anything at all and can terminate service at any time. The fact that they don't do much shows that they are ungrateful as an organization toward their thousands of paying subscribers and/or have a lack of talent in their organization to take necessary steps to resolve a problem.

TaiRosa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a company like EA is, you have to go through all legal steps first until you official post whats going on.

You have to be patient...
Yes, I understand they must go through legal steps first until an official post is made about whats going on. However the lawyers and the PR people are not working on fixing the problem they are there to do their own jobs. So why are they not doing them? Obviously everyone there has no clue what happened that much is clear but make a general "we are still working on it" post. How many legal steps does that take? They would not be disclosing any information other than a simple general update to show they care about their customers.

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It only takes 5 mins out of your working day to let everyone know what's going on, the other 7 hours 55 mins can be spent on rectifying the problem. Not asking much is it?
I'd be shocked to find many technical resources at EA who only work 8 hours a day.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure I don't. Tell you what *sport*, I will be the guildie who doesn't talk to you tonight...mmk?
GL with that... There is only one other person in my guild... And I am married to her. I am certain it is not you.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paged 2 hours ago regarding my xfer token, still no game response. I don't have the email anymore so I can't look-up the code. I delete emails after I read them.
Are we going to pvp tonight?

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just checked my user data file on EC and my char arrived on Atlantic ‎14 ‎December ‎2012, ‏‎18:56:20 created on Euro 13 ‎December ‎2012, ‏‎23:52:57 this char has gone.....but another transfer I made on the 12/12/2012 18:09 made it ok....work that one out!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you feel so strongly on the issue then call EA customer service and argue your point and see if they will adjust your monthly sub for poor quality service and see how far that gets you. You may be lucky and get some extra free game time. Arguing that point here wont solve anything.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I do in my email accounts is always have a save folder made in the email account. Why?

1) I can put my important emails I need in there.

2) I can put any game emails in that same folder.

3) Even if I use a code the same email goes in that folder for personal references.

I see to many comments when things like this happened in UO that people dont save their emails. A digital purchase online email confirmation is really the only documentation of the transaction that you can call a receipt. Save it no matter how old it is. I still have old UO emails of purchases from the game code store 4 years ago.

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So.....should I waste my time playing right now, or what? I don't want to invest anymore time that is going to vanish due to a lack of risk assurance by the game provider. I'm sorry, I know that catastrophes happen....but two weeks is just unacceptable.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Belongs it to the plan that no X-Fer is possible from Atlantic to DF with Shield? "the selected destiantion shard is unavailable"....

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Dont think any offical will tell you to not play.

If you want to be 100% save, imo, wait for official statements if its save now...

If it comes to "high end" things like moving rares, placing houses, replacing houses etc.. i wouldnt risk it actually, if i was you...

just my opinion...

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow 2 weeks revert!! Atlantic is my main shard but I would not have notice there was an revert before reading it here lol (I m either senile or dont have much time to play at the moment ) :p

I hope EA compensate all you people that lost alot in this revert

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Sips a glass of Moonglow Red and waits patiently for things get to get worked out on Atlantic*

*stokes fire*

*Contemplates "well I have been enjoying Ultima for 15+ years now. A few weeks gone and a challenge to redo my work at a higher level. This opportunity at a do over does not come along often*

*Dashes the rest of the wine on the fire and puts it out**

*Gathers the appropriate ingredients black Pearl, Mandrake Root, Sulfurous Ash*

Vas Rel Por! *With a florish*

*Steps through the Shimmering blue gate and into another land*

Opportunity awaits!

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sips a glass of Moonglow Red and waits patiently for things get to get worked out on Atlantic*

*stokes fire*

*Contemplates "well I have been enjoying Ultima for 15+ years now. A few weeks gone and a challenge to redo my work at a higher level. This opportunity at a do over does not come along often*

*Dashes the rest of the wine on the fire and puts it out**

*Gathers the appropriate ingredients black Pearl, Mandrake Root, Sulfurous Ash*

Vas Rel Por! *With a florish*

*Steps through the Shimmering blue gate and into another land*

Opportunity awaits!
Does that shiny blue gate take you to WOW or Guildwars 2?

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
GL with that... There is only one other person in my guild... And I am married to her. I am certain it is not you.
My sincerity (towards you) ended the moment you first hit "post reply". Why? I feel entitled to don a set of fresh troll pants when someone mistakenly says something stupid and then fails to recant said stupidity.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter what happens because it's human nature to make up stories exaggerate blah blah I'm sorry to the people who lost things I lost things..probably not as close to some people but regardless I worked for them they still mean something to me..we will NEVER get any items returned to s that's UO policy an always has been do not hold your breath for one second in hopes of getting anything back unless its a item bought in origin store or vet reward they can trace because as far as they are concerned you could just be saying you lost 50 mil 100 mil or whatever your claiming ..some in the 1-2 bil area..fine maybe u did maybe u didn't but tomorrow is another day we all have suffered time to move on..yesterday I was pissed and was raging I was going to quit..beh I'm not quitting it was only a few pixels no big deal ill just have that much more stuff to farm :/ but I digress take your 30 days with a grain of salt because honestly I'm super surprised we even got that and not some stupid hamster wheel to coincide with our hamster container..you save $12 some people with 5-10 account alot more..it sucks but life in and out of UO will go on!! We need to urge them to go through a better line of testing..exactly why I brought up the idea for incentive testing but that's a differnt point ..anywho happy travels and again if you decide to quit PM me so I can has ur stuff :)

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter what happens because it's human nature to make up stories exaggerate blah blah I'm sorry to the people who lost things I lost things..probably not as close to some people but regardless I worked for them they still mean something to me..we will NEVER get any items returned to s that's UO policy an always has been do not hold your breath for one second in hopes of getting anything back unless its a item bought in origin store or vet reward they can trace because as far as they are concerned you could just be saying you lost 50 mil 100 mil or whatever your claiming ..some in the 1-2 bil area..fine maybe u did maybe u didn't but tomorrow is another day we all have suffered time to move on..yesterday I was pissed and was raging I was going to quit..beh I'm not quitting it was only a few pixels no big deal ill just have that much more stuff to farm :/ but I digress take your 30 days with a grain of salt because honestly I'm super surprised we even got that and not some stupid hamster wheel to coincide with our hamster container..you save $12 some people with 5-10 account alot more..it sucks but life in and out of UO will go on!! We need to urge them to go through a better line of testing..exactly why I brought up the idea for incentive testing but that's a differnt point ..anywho happy travels and again if you decide to quit PM me so I can has ur stuff :)
I want people's stuff, if they leaving.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am selling ISrvivdAtlRevert in Luna on the other shards to make up for lost gold.

Considering I found 6 infested trees on my accounts, all on non-ATL accounts, I will be happy to go see if I get one there now :)

So how do I get my 30 day game-time?

Jo

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My sincerity (towards you) ended the moment you first hit "post reply". Why? I feel entitled to don a set of fresh troll pants when someone mistakenly says something stupid and then fails to recant said stupidity.
I guess you should be trolling yourself.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard Transfers look like they have been taken offline....perhaps they are working on getting all our stuff back from the limbo transfers....well one can hope!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard Transfers look like they have been taken offline....perhaps they are working on getting all our stuff back from the limbo transfers....well one can hope!
3 of my guildies poofed And that was taken care of promptly by the GMs unfortunately one also lost bet rewards and that seems to be a lengthier process..which seems odd but eh

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you get your gear back. I did a transfer on the 6th to alt with 3 pvp suits and 70 mill in gold, then 3 days latter the 9th i did a transfer back to Europa. So i still have my character, but the stuff i took to alt is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.