• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im still shocked that they let the mythical tokens go onto siege.
i know it helps build the community there but man did i waste MONTHS of time building up my toons there when i could have just waited and did it instantly with a token.
*sigh*
i dont think people realize how hard it is to work up a skill from 0 when you cant even get the jump up to 40 since on siege you cant buy skills from NPCs.
and the ROT..... ughhh
but then a mythical token wont replace the memories that where build there while playing i guess.
the glass is half full.... the glass is half full.... the glass is half full..... of tears!
no no, half full, half full, half full.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While losing items and money sucks (I just lost over 150 million in gold and items in my VERY first time using Atlantic's marketplace) there are people who lost their characters. Anyone who transferred over in this time just lost their characters. They didn't reappear back on their home shards - Which is what the devs should have been focusing on.

Think about all the armor, powerscrolls, items and time invested in training on just one character. All gone.

These are the people I feel got screwed royally. There should have been something done to replace lost characters.
Should have been? Past tense? This thing is still ongoing, and will be for some time. Those characters possibly can be restored - but not by flipping a magical switch somewhere! Sorting this out isn't going to be a 5 minute job, it's going to take hours and hours of dedicated darn hard work. Let's be patient please people. I'm sure the devs will do what ever they can to put things right, but they don't have magic wands. It's going to take time.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Database corruption can have multiple causes - hardware issues, like faulty memory or disk subsystem, software crashes, system overload, operator errors, hacker attacks ... (And wasn't that essential maintenance on 5th, could this have introduced the issue?)
So the possibility, that there is really a dupe to blame for this, is relatively low.
*Salute*
Olahorand
Yes, they reverted back to when they did the hardware upgrade so I'm inclined to think it was that and not a dupe. Trillions were duped before with no reverts and this was just 1 server.

In reply to some:

Right now there are 3 groups of people.

1) Everyone who plays Atlantic was affected and lost 2 weeks of play.
2) Everyone who transfered TO Atlantic in those 2 weeks and lost gold, items and characters.
3) Everyone who doesn't play or xfer to Atlantic.

Atlantic HAD to be reverted, it was probably a last resort and is a done deal. If they were to now revert the rest of the servers you would only improve things for the people who transfered to Atlantic. It wouldn't get Atlantic players their 2 weeks back. However then you take all of the unaffected players and put them in the same boat as the Atlantic players. The number of people who transfered to Atlantic are VASTLY outnumbered by the number of other players who would lose 2 weeks.

A lot of old friends have come back recently, my shards population has actually increased for a change. A revert would leave them homeless with nothing again, and I seriously doubt they'd stick around after that.

Narval

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My god!! I lost my dexer character in my account, full trained, full suit with mysthic token in it, gold etc... 30 days it not compensated my lost.

Please fix it !

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, I appreciate your enthusiasm but I don't know how you can defend so heavily a company that is generating over a million dollars revenue per month off of its subscriber base. This situation has been handled horridly and unprofessionally thus far. The producer has to be held accountable and perhaps changes within the company need to be made. People pay a subscription and entrust this company with their virtual property. It is a deeper issue than one shard, it is game wide and it shouldn't simply be abandoned until a following business day. The game as a whole should be addressed at once. Do you honestly think other companies would treat it the same? Not a chance and placed in the same situation I would never let my customers down. I understand they are your friends over there but the bigger picture involves the people paying real money for a product and quality assurance that they simply have not been receiving for years.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if it truely is caused by data corruption when the hardware upgrade took place? How is that the producer's fault?
I have faith that the team will do what they can to sort this out. I merely ask that people are realistic in their expectations of how long it will take, and also possibly think that if that they can't work on it and post boards at the same time.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This situation has been handled horridly and unprofessionally thus far. The producer has to be held accountable and perhaps changes within the company need to be made...
I think that may be a premature judgement. The devs and producer are no doubt tearing their hair out over this (and putting in some unplanned overtime). They can't tell us much more until they know exactly how and why this happened and how they can fix it. As Petra said, there is no instant "magical switch" they can pull to make their work go faster.

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if it truely is caused by data corruption when the hardware upgrade took place? How is that the producer's fault?
I have faith that the team will do what they can to sort this out. I merely ask that people are realistic in their expectations of how long it will take, and also possibly think that if that they can't work on it and post boards at the same time.
Backup should be run every morning during maintenance, for every shard. There should be an up-to-date shard backup every single day and it should be with confirmation of no file corruption. It is a big responsibility but these are the important tasks that employees are paid for. Why did the revert have to go back as far as December 5 and not December 14? The ball was dropped too long ago.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2 cents:

There is only ONE way to handle this mess without making ALL non-Atlantics victims of this terrible crash: Compensate the Atlantic folks generously (and I mean: REALLY generously). And leave all others alone.

Everything else is unfair!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
STOP for minute and imagine they had no reliable fresh backup copy at all. Imagine everything was corrupted.
Imagine its very lucky they had complete hardware copy of server before migration to new hardware and it was just 12 days old and it was in good condition.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The producer has to be held accountable and perhaps changes within the company need to be made. People pay a subscription and entrust this company with their virtual property. It is a deeper issue than one shard, it is game wide and it shouldn't simply be abandoned until a following business day. The game as a whole should be addressed at once.
While we all wish the best for our players, don't forget that such demands could be a double edged sword. If EA thinks, that the game revenue is no longer worth the troubles to handle it or its customers, they could also decide to pull the switch for Ultima Online at all, oldest MMORPG or not.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can people who did more recent transfers check their translog.txt file and throw out some ROUND numbers for their Transfer IDs (don't put the exact ones on here, please!!) so we can kinda get a feel for how many transfers and character copies to Test Center are happening during a specific time frame, e.g., a month, a week, etc.? I really don't think the actual number of transfers happening per month is some astronomically huge number, nor do I think the ones that end up going to Atlantic is that big either. Which leads me to think that the number of actual transfers that ended up on Atlantic between December 5th and December 16th is more than likely a number in the low hundreds, if that, and something that EA should be able to reproduce for people, given adequate time and resources to do so.

Date: Thu Dec 06 16:17:25 2012
Account:********
Server: Europa
Character: ****************
Transfer ID: 567128

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came back to this game about a month ago after being gone for almost two yrs.
I transferred my favourite char to Atl from Chessie on Dec. 13. Since the rollback was from Dec 5, you'd think I'd be okay, right? Wrong.
He's gone.
I had packed up everything of value from every shard that I had it on and sent it all to Chessie then went to Atl on my main.
The house that I placed on Atl is no longer there, but another one is and it's not owned by me.
250 mil in gold that I worked hard for is gone.
All my whispering roses from my friends and family, none of whom play anymore, are gone.
All my soulstones are gone along with the skills that were on them.
My pigments, scrolls, resources...all gone.
My robes and cloaks are all gone (umbra, hooded shroud, event) and multiple rares and items too numerous to name with sentimental value of better times in UO.
All I have left is junk and some seriously neglected chars that need a lot of work to get going again.
A month of free game time play can in no way compensate me for this, at least as far as i'm concerned.
I did what Tina Small said, found my translog file and made a copy. I will be sending it to Mythic on a regular basis for a while until I either get my char back or I quit.
I've been reading this thread since I got up and 3 coffees later I'm still only on post 287 (please will people stop posting because I'll never get to the end of it at this rate and me stopping to type this ain't helping neither!), anyway, I'm not even entertaining the thought of what I've 'lost' on Atlantic with this fiasco, will only amount to about 20-25m (which is actually a lot to me) and nobody really cares so sod it.

However, your post stuck out to me for some reason and to cut what's turning into a long, dull story short, I had the fortune on Chessy to get an infested tree and the plant in the bag was from Mesanna which I assume will be worth a bit, so please feel free to let me know if you want it to sell, so you can at least get yourself going again on Chessy whilst you wait for what I hope will be a favourable outcome to your crap situation.

Alternatively, if you wanna start a new character off on Atlantic again (yea, but you might be a masochist for all I know ;)), I can set you up there too.

Good luck and let me know if you want a hand.

P.S. Dear Mythic and to a lesser extent EA, UP YOURS if you think for one minute I'm re-organising all those chests that were in a complete mess on the second floor of my house that I'd been avoiding doing for MONTHS until last week.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2 cents:

There is only ONE way to handle this mess without making ALL non-Atlantics victims of this terrible crash: Compensate the Atlantic folks generously (and I mean: REALLY generously). And leave all others alone.

That makes no sence, I dont play Atl but lost a bill in gold over this. There are allot of people that when they sell stuff take payment on Atl. So there are a hell of allot more people who have been affected besides Atl. I say every charecter gets a transfer token in there pack across the board. That will more than compensate for allot of us. If you like this idea try and spread it along and maybe it can get done.

Last edited:

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2 cents:

Everyone raise your hand if you don't have at least five characters on Atlantic. It isn't my main shard,but I do play there on occasion. What "reward" would you suggest?

I want to just toss this out for all those that were begging for a "classic shard". Well here you go. A good three-week revert,and alot of down time. How does it taste?

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All very well about the transfer log but from searching doesn't seem to be one for the EC. Which I guess is my bad for using a newer client

If anyone knows the whereabouts or file name I would be happy to post details

I've lost a newly created char transferring from euro to atl. They have lots of items including my shard shield deeds....I paged a GM last night but I'm still waiting for a response

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to think that way too Kelmo. Then I talked in depth to a few people.... there is a certain percentage of UO players that for them... this game IS their life.

Just sayin'
If you went into work and they said -

Hey all the work you did the past 12 days is gone and worthless and on top of that not getting paid for it. How would you feel?

It may just be pixels, but its also time spent playin and whatnot. That TIME you won't get back. My time is very limited these days due to work. When I can play, my time is valuable.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone raise your hand if you don't have at least five characters on Atlantic. It isn't my main shard,but I do play there on occasion. What "reward" would you suggest?

I want to just toss this out for all those that were begging for a "classic shard". Well here you go. A good three-week revert,and alot of down time. How does it taste?
I don´t understand this reply... But I don´t have to. All I wanted to say is what many others did: You can eradicate Ebola-Virus by throwing a Nuclear Bomb on the outbreak-area. But this will kill many people which have nothing to do with the outbreak. Is that your kinda therapy? Thanks alot!

Nah, Altantics are suffering and EA has to help them. But why delete the loot I gathered on Drachenfels for the last two weeks? Why delete my training results and the new chars I created since Dec 5?

I am not denying that there should be a major compensation for players that lost gold, items, chars. And I am supporting everybody who says: Give them more, way more than 30 days of gametime. Whatever... Dry their tears, even though it´s only pixels for me...

But don´t make us all victims - no sense in that...

Last edited:

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of that 30 day game code how about they throw a transfer token in everyones back pack. Maybe even on top of the 30 day code. I think that would more than compensate for everyones losses. Yes there would be allot of people who gain from this who have lost nothing, but the majority of the people who lost tones this would be pretty good compensation. Allot of people lost allot from this besides people who play Atl as well. The only people I can see apposed to this are the greedy people who will think that the people who have not been affected should get nothing and the people who have been selling them at 59m a pop.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way: I traded Christmas Gifts between Atl and Drach last week. 5 boxes there for some boxes at Drachs. The nice person that traded the boxes to me might please contace me: I will compensate you!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it help if we made a list?
Name of char
shard of departure
date of departure
approximate time
Current status of character (lost or moved to [shard])?
I could start a google doc spreadsheet.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2 cents:

There are some of us who dont primary play Altantic. Since I came back to UO, I was last on GL and now established on Siege. I was in the process of working on a character on ATL as well as I have a char on LS I am working to make it like my old account wit characters on each shard. Call it bad timing, but I lost everything I had done on ATL. I won't find that person I traded my gold with, I wont get back my trained skill, I am back to a complete newbie character. I don't even know if I wanna bother again with making a character on ATL. Its a damn good thing I didnt buy an X-FEr token like I was plannin and moviing one of my GL Chars over.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Would it help if we made a list?
Name of char
shard of departure
date of departure
approximate time
Current status of character (lost or moved to [shard])?
I could start a google doc spreadsheet.
Also if there is a documented transfer? I have never transferred a character, is there such a "pixel trail" with tokens and shield rewards?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets be realistic about this demand for a total reveret of all shards. For all shards you are now talking of 13 days and increasing. That is already 13 days of work and trading for EVERY player, nobody can seriously consider inflicting that on the players. For my own part I would only lose a few small items from champs and a fair amount of training on some pets. However I did recently help a guildie obtain their first GD which obviously gave tremendous satisfaction. To snatch that away unnecessarily cannot be justified. There will also be new players who have managed to place their first house. Small losses to small players mean as much to those who trade in billions so the argument to increase these losses xEVERY player has no validity, it is unjust. One can feel tremendous sympathy for those who have lost but something like this might well be expected after 15 years. Have you never been out in your car and had it breakdown? Thats what mechanical things do unfortunately. Regular servicing helps but cannot prevent. What you have to do is accept and move on. It's the only way.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In CC there is, Tina posted about it. In EC I don't know - client side. I have no idea at all what records there are server side, but if push comes to shove, if they know which character moved from where and when maybe a back up of the shard of departure would allow for replacement of the character and all it transfered with?

I don't know what resources the team have available to them, I'm just trying (slightly desperately) to think of ways we, the players, might be able to help.

An all shard revert is neither feasible, nor I believe, necessary. Someone posted about 'the needs of the many'. Well the 'many' are the ones who play other shards and are currently not affected. While some people may believe that every player in UO regularly transfers characters to Atlantic, it's not even remotely true.

Last edited:

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don´t understand this reply... But I don´t have to. All I wanted to say is what many others did: You can eradicate Ebola-Virus by throwing a Nuclear Bomb on the outbreak-area. But this will kill many people which have nothing to do with the outbreak. Is that your kinda therapy? Thanks alot!

Nah, Altantics are suffering and EA has to help them. But why delete the loot I gathered on Drachenfels for the last two weeks? Why delete my training results and the new chars I created since Dec 5?

I am not denying that there should be a major compensation for players that lost gold, items, chars. And I am supporting everybody who says: Give them more, way more than 30 days of gametime. Whatever... Dry their tears, even though it´s only pixels for me...

But don´t make us all victims - no sense in that...
What I am saying is that I'd guess that the vast majority of UO players have at least five characters on Atlantic. Even if it isn't their main shard. Would that mean that we all get a free 30 day gametime code?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some nice bug fixes, but it seems the bugs it CREATED were so much more devastating.

Whose bright idea was it to not have this Publish tested at all?

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*mental note to self don't ever xfer on the EC again* Im taking a guess that No log = no fix.

Name of char: Luck (how ironic)
shard of departure: Europa
date of departure: 15th or 16th Cant remember for sure
approximate time: again not sure
Current status of character (lost or moved to [shard]) Lost in the move to Atlantic

I think my issue is i created the char purely to move my items and transferred on the same day which is why I guess there is no record for them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't despair. We don't know what resources they have - at the very least they have several slightly iffy backups of Atlantic - while they're not stable enough to be playable properly, they can be used for data retrieval I'm guessing.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have been? Past tense? This thing is still ongoing, and will be for some time. Those characters possibly can be restored - but not by flipping a magical switch somewhere! Sorting this out isn't going to be a 5 minute job, it's going to take hours and hours of dedicated darn hard work. Let's be patient please people. I'm sure the devs will do what ever they can to put things right, but they don't have magic wands. It's going to take time.
Weeks and maybe months. It is going to take a long time.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to throw this out there.......Anyone made contact with a GM yet?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some nice bug fixes, but it seems the bugs it CREATED were so much more devastating.

What did my thread about Pub 80 have ANYTHING to do with the ATL incident?

Good Job

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I am saying is that I'd guess that the vast majority of UO players have at least five characters on Atlantic. Even if it isn't their main shard. Would that mean that we all get a free 30 day gametime code?
Right. If they go by who's logged into atlantic to get the free 30 days gametime then you're also going to have EVERYONE that xtraded christmas gifts on atlantic.

Someone is going to get ye olde butt chewed at the morning meeting i'm sure.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issue has been resolved *few* i xfered a load of stuff and for escafolwnn aswell last week to atl and my char wasn't showing up on atl or europa, iv been up all night but my char seemed to be in limbo and was finally put on atl as if he had just arived [moving create window] all items were accounted for thank god as escaflowns are up to four auction and worth 4 times what i thought id lost.

On a positive note when my char arrived it had both xfer tokens that i used to go there and back [bonus :) ] and something doesnt seem right as i have doubles of the cursed/cnbr/brittle items i was wearing [just crappy suite for traing in] but non the less its seems odd that those items are still on atl from before i took them and in my pack when i brought it all back.

To people that are still fretting about the possible loss it could be the same that your chars are in limbo aswell, as from my experiance it seems that i was registered on atl as leaving and registered on europa as arriving and vicer versa. So i think there must be a transfer server completly independant from shard servers, i.e. to get from A to B you take a route. shard > transfer server > shard. That would explain why i had both tokens still.

EDIT from my post from rares forum, have you repatched UO since the revert? as you now currently back on day 5th dec, i had to repatch after it crashed. not sure if that could be a factor, but for mine to appear on atl they could be going through all the xfer'd char and looking into it as they would have to do it one by one. And by the amount of posts that could take some time.

Thunderz

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something doesn't add up, I transferred to Atlantic on 12/7 the revert was 12/5 however my character was on Atlantic waiting for me to unpack last night when i checked. I'm happy at this point all I've lost is some time but maybe they are going through and reconciling transfers?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An update, and hope for others.

A week and a half ago I contacted CottonEyeJoe because he was xfering from Chessy to Atlantic and i wanted to see if I could hitch a ride for some items (my plan was to eventually take the rares and some gold from Atl to the rares fest) he was gracious enough to take them for me free of charge. He did the xfer on the 8th. After the revert today, I had counted those items as lost. He contacted me to tell me that he was able to page in game, and have that xfer completed! He then gave me my items back!

**I was just now contacted by Outcry, whom i sold an item to on Chessy for Atlantic gold. He went way out of his way to pay me on Atlantic again, as the payment had been reverted.

These 2 outstanding players went out of their way to make a horrible day immensely better. I literally can not sing their praises enough. I know that there are people on these boards that look down on the "rares community" but I can tell you right now, it contains some of the most honorable people you will ever encounter. I am now only one transaction away from having the majority of the gold/items i feared lost returned. Way better than 30 days gametime. Thanks again Cotton and Outcry, you guys rock!!!

thats why cotton is in the P@IN and WAH guilds with me. Cause hes a 1st class individual, as are the rest of my crew.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May be the admin team "simply" recovered all incoming transfers in that timeframe (which could be done by setting a flag in the appropriate database), that would explain, why you see the temporary lost characters now.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even so, just because I am now reasonably OK, there are a lot of others who are being forced to pay for something out of their control. I am amazed by the selfishness and callousness posted by some people directed towards those players who have lost masses of stuff.

This is a sad day for UO and the response to revert just one shard when all shards are now so interlinked was a very poor move on behalf of the UO Team. It is a bad decision that followed a bad breakdown and just made it worse.
Everyone who does not agree with a total revert is being selfish ? Why because we dont want to lose items , chars , gold and ect from the last 12 days ? You know the same things that have been lost by the people calling us selfish because they want part of their stuff back ... So just to be clear me wanting to keep my stuff is selfish ...You willing to take everyone elses so you get part of your stuff back is not ...

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My vendor had 900 million yesterday, now it has 300 million today. The items that I sold on other shards aren't currently there anymore. What am I to do? Hope that the people who bought my items will do the right thing and pay me it again? :( It is upsetting but we all must remain patient and understanding. There are more important things in this world that are going on than pixels. I am very much hurt, but I need to constantly remind myself it is a game, not real life!

Strawberry Pie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi,
I play Atlantic, I have a question.
I was just on Atlantic and at that time was told that there had not been a server downtime yet, no one knows for sure if we have patch 80 there or if its coming, at least by what responses I got in general chat.

This revert so I got it right put us back to before the duping (most seem to suggest that here), so then if I got this right is it possible that the devs or whoever are fixing the problem are doing this.:

They stopped the current game saving
reverted
taking the saved information picking thru it to find the problem
fixing it
then UN-reverting back to a safer time to where we are now

You think this is possible?

Thank you for your time :)

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet another person who doesn't grasp the scope of the problem.

I won't say there is no better solution, I only say I have yet to think of or read a better one. For now it's very easy to see both sides of the issue, but really the only logical course of action is the total revert. No amount of weak analogies is going to change that. I dread the coming few days, but ill admit I look forward to all the "laugh it off" people changing their tune when they actually lose something, virtual or not, that they put time and effort into.

Thanks for the post Poo, you always seem to calm me down when the children push my patience to its limit.
You`re wishing bad on people in game and out ? I think I finally grasp the problem ...
You have been asked many times to explain why a total revert would be the best thing for everyone not just the people affected but everyone considering your solution affects everyone.....
As I have stated before I am sorry for the losses but I just dont understand why everyone should lose ....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so, im on days off.
went to bed, just got up.
so im bright eyed and bushy tailed.

im catching up on my reading here.
and i know none of us know what going on, thats a given, but one thing im interested to see is how they are gonna figure out whos a ATL player if they dont have the last 2 weeks of the server to go off of?
how do we compensate atl players.... or better yet how do we figure out WHO is a alt player?
ive got 21 active current toons on atl.
i have another 21 that are also done but i dont play on them much.
but ALL are done, scrolled, trained, fully color coordinated and looking goooood.
but i dont PLAY on atl.
now, that said, i also have 2 houses on atl.
but i dont consider atl my home shard and while there are times when it turns out i play on there more then my home shard when the pvp bug takes me or a good faction fight breaks out, but in a nut shell im a Sonominite (that just sounds strange)
so how do they figure out if I was on atl in the last 2 weeks?
i know i was because i lost a house and sold off one of my others and did a big house move and made a new luck suit and blah blah blah.

of course none of this matters any because we have no idea what they are thinking for compensation.
and as well they shouldnt even be THINKING compensation yet because this is still ongoing from what im gleaming.
and i think we all know whats gonna be doled out.
everyone gets a 30 day token and shirt that says "i was here when the lights went out on atl" and we carry on.

so at what point will this 'event' be over.
at what point do i not have to worry about a revert?
at what date can i log in and not have to worry about loosing anything or loosing my time?
i realize what happened, but when will you get back ups done and working and such, cause i really dont wanna do anything in game until i KNOW theres a back up once again.
for me the lost items arnt a game ender, i lived through dial up and daily reverts 15 years ago i can take this one.
but i wanna know when the games saftey net will be back up and when can i again start to play and not be constantly wondering if what i do will be there when i get back.
cause a 2 week revert hurts.
but to do it again would hurt even more 2 weeks from now, no?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh man.
i just totally figured out how messed up i am on this.
so i had a nice big house on atl, i picked up a keep, sold my big house, then traded that keep to my account that was holding big house that i sold.
ok, not bad.
but keep up with me now.
the account i picked up the keep on i went and placed a house on a HK shard.

so..... i was just contacted by the fella that i got the keep from, he wants to meet up to get me the keep again... but now that account is holding a house on a HK shard.
will i even be able to take the keep again since ive placed a house on that account in the last week?
ugghhh!

so drop the HK house, take the keep back, sell off the big house, transfer the keep back over to my other account then go back to the HK shard and replace the house i had to drop and hope that no one notices that prime spot left open while i do this.

hehehe, well if it wasnt for challenges like this life would surly be boring, no?

but here again the ugly question beast raises its head..... is ATL fixed enough that i should even worry about doing all this?
cause while doing it a 2nd time sucks, having to do it a 3rd or 4th time if they havnt fixed the issues would really suck!

Last edited:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And Poo states the point very well. A little "here's what we know, and here's what we don't "know" but suspect, and this is the conclusion we have come to, and this is the process for working things out." Would go a long way about now.

Because until we hear "No, no total game revert." Or, "Well this sucks, but..." there is not one damn point in logging in unless you are an affected player and you need to get in game to make reports, and/or check to see how you were affected. Limbo is the worst thing right at the moment. But having said that, the exercise of a little patience, trusting that we will get word of some kind before the end of the day today, is the only prudent and logical course of action for players.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I've discovered about 5 bugs in pots and spell casting alone that are either new, or old fixed issues that have now resurfaced. Some bug fix huh?

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO is it safe to play? The rest of us would like to know if there is going to be a full
shard revert? And maybe shed some light on to what happened...I play on Atlantic as well as
my home shard and
lost a few items I had bought, not like some of the other players..but play time is limited
and I am sure most of us would not like to redo it. So please Mesanna at least say
yes or no to a shard wide revert.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.