[UO Herald] Publish 77.0 Comes to TC1

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
So really the thing to do is go and buy a bunch of faction items tonight since they will roll over to these new types....done.
Won't all of them disappear in 30 days anyway? The way I read it, it isn't 30 days of play time but 30 days period. I'm not sure which option is worse for multishard pvpers... Needing to rebuild suits to replace faction artis or needing to try and maintain 250k silver on each shard to buy new faction artis every month on 5 or 6 or more shards.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 28, 2009
Philadelphia/Chesapeake/Catskills
Wheres the trammel template that has to be maintained every month to be used?
Your temp doesn't have to be maintained your free gear does. Gear that you bought for far far less then the real thing. Gear that is better in many ways then the real thing. So if you want gear you don't have to maintain that is easy just get it like everyone else. If you want it differently then you have to pay the price on it. Its simple and fair.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nov 4, 2011
Curitiba, Brazil
I believe all my bod turn-in will be done in Trinsic soon.
I am okay with that.
I also hope that the turn in rate for the resources will be reasonable so I can regain venerated status in Trinsic with my mage...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I'm probably too naive to understand, but won't folk fight more to gain rank so that their artis don't cost as much? and getting the silver to pay for it as they do?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
I'm probably too naive to understand, but won't folk fight more to gain rank so that their artis don't cost as much? and getting the silver to pay for it as they do?
Dont use common sense!

Won't all of them disappear in 30 days anyway? The way I read it, it isn't 30 days of play time but 30 days period. I'm not sure which option is worse for multishard pvpers... Needing to rebuild suits to replace faction artis or needing to try and maintain 250k silver on each shard to buy new faction artis every month on 5 or 6 or more shards.
250k Silver? So I guess you are planning on staying rank 1 every month?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
Just a thought... maybe cost should also scale based on towns owned as well, and that sort of thing. Might give a reason for base fighting? i dunnoo.....
Promote Cetric to UO Dev!

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
UK
Your temp doesn't have to be maintained your free gear does. Gear that you bought for far far less then the real thing. Gear that is better in many ways then the real thing. So if you want gear you don't have to maintain that is easy just get it like everyone else. If you want it differently then you have to pay the price on it. Its simple and fair.
Its fair to you maybe but its unfair to people in factions we pay the price with stat loss for 20mins free gear?

and some templates are only possible with faction gear i dont dispute the items should be handed on a plate but a pvp system shouldnt have to involve pvm to maintain.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
UK
Also i might add mages are also screwed over again with their items costing far more than a dexxers requirements however the rank of the equipment is all the same rank.

Reactions: Martyna Zmuir

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
That is the deal. It does not have to involve PvM, That is a choice you make for faction artifacts. You can certainly choose to use other items.

Most everyone knows how I feel about vending machine artifacts. I think this is a good compromise. You folks that feel entitled to faction artifacts can still maintain them, if you so choose.

Reactions: legendsguy

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 28, 2009
Its fair to you maybe but its unfair to people in factions we pay the price with stat loss for 20mins free gear?

and some templates are only possible with faction gear i dont dispute the items should be handed on a plate but a pvp system shouldnt have to involve pvm to maintain.
So your also in favor of moving all the scrolls to trammel as well as there is no reason for pvmers to be forced to pvp either.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
Also i might add mages are also screwed over again with their items costing far more than a dexxers requirements however the rank of the equipment is all the same rank.
Heres a question: Are you rank 10 right now?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2007
Skara Brae
www.raptor85.com
the amount of silver you get from kills in pvp is tiny, you get 40 per unique kill (can't get more off the same person for some time, i forget how long, they're in stat anyways so it doesn't really matter unless you're trying to abuse it) plus once the person killed goes into a defecit you don't get any silver for the kill. In normal pvp you're talking MAYBE 100-200 silver a hour as most kills will get you 0.

Silver will still be coming from the same place it has been on most shards...the afk naked tamer in fire level2 auto-BOS'ing every 5k silver while stealth, just now even more profitable. Unlikely too people fighting more to get the items cheaper, you lose a lot more when you die than whan you score a kill so people will probably keep the points on a faction thief or somesuch and just point transfer when they're ready to buy more stuff.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
UK
So your also in favor of moving all the scrolls to trammel as well as there is no reason for pvmers to be forced to pvp either.
are you telling me no pvmers get scrolls? because i login early mornings and despise is always full of blues....

And no im not rank 10 because its nearly impossible to achieve / maintain

And if i dont pvm i cant aquire faction artifacts and maintain them because it would be near impossible thru normal pvp.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
are you telling me no pvmers get scrolls? because i login early mornings and despise is always full of blues....

And if i dont pvm i cant aquire faction artifacts and maintain them because it would be near impossible thru normal pvp.
Ok, and this new program will LET you actually get your artifacts.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
They only need to purchase the artifacts once... So farming/buying the silver isn't a huge issue. Most the people that pay attention to the faction part of this game probably have their old faction gear laying around so 50% or more of the people won't need rank for anything. The only thing you gain rank for would be ego, because after you have the gear it's irrelevant.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
UK
I mean im not saying pvpers shouldn't have to work for it but this system will be very tough to keep up with however if the faction towns / bases could be brought into play and supply more silver or help with costs then so be it but there isnt enough pvp to do this deffo no on europa so even if a system was made it would require pvpers from diff factions on the shards at the same time which rarely happens.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
Ephemeral, Moonbound, always more mods and they were not even added to the EC tool that gives the description of it (that should contains every mod in the game)...

I'm still against the faction arties, even if now the faction people cannot exit from felucca without destroying their items :p

Actually I don't care about loyalty since I can't log everyday with every character of every account to keep it, so still useless to me...

The fishing tool for EC is just 1 year and half late...

The reset windows locations for EC can be translated in: bring everything in the top left corner :D

Communication crystals, really? with ventrillo, skype, team speak, etc...? Welcome to Middle Ages.. :coco:

At least 2 historical bugs have been fixed (quiver of infinity and item disappearing), but the client still the same so nothing exciting for me... :next:

Reactions: Sauteed Onion

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
Not true - All Faction Arties will have a lifespan of 30 days.
Guess I should read more. Is that what the moonbound thing is? I get annoyed reading pub notes, seeing new mods and getting 0 explanation as to what they do. So I quit checking up on stuff :/.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
UK
Guess I should read more. Is that what the moonbound thing is? I get annoyed reading pub notes, seeing new mods and getting 0 explanation as to what they do. So I quit checking up on stuff :/.
Its explained in the patch notes.

Faction artifacts have a new Item Property: Moonbound
  • Moonbound items are Indestructible when in a Felucca ruleset area. They will frequently repair themselves to maximum durability, and will not lose maximum durability.
  • Moonbound items are Ephemeral when in a Trammel ruleset area. They will lose 1 point of maximum durability per six minutes spent in active combat.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Communication crystals, really? with ventrillo, skype, team speak, etc...? Welcome to Middle Ages.. :coco:
For you, perhaps, but for RP it will certainly be better to have the option for such things to be 'in game' than reliant on something completely external.

May also have uses in events as well......

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
For you, perhaps, but for RP it will certainly be better to have the option for such things to be 'in game' than reliant on something completely external.

May also have uses in events as well......
You know, you can also rp by speaking, have you ever played dnd? in that game noone put over his head a piece of paper to speak :D

Adding some way to allows EM to speak instead of write would be much better :p

But sorry if I live in 2012...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 28, 2009

And yet they still have to come to fel. No one playstyle is superior to the other. If you want to do one and only one expect to have to trade and purchase things. Its called an economy. For to long folks were allowed to bypass that but it is a good thing everyone is being put in the same place. Honestly they should probably just drop faction arties altogether but at least this means you have to keep working to use them which is fair.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 26, 2004
You know, you can also rp by speaking, have you ever played dnd? in that game noone put over his head a piece of paper to speak :D

Adding some way to allows EM to speak instead of write would be much better :p

But sorry if I live in 2012...
And you can RP a communication device across a distance in UO by .... err... Skype, or ICQ? Or maybe you'd suggest waving a piece of paper over your head for that too :) The existing comm crystals are not particularly helpful..

It adds something for people who can make use of it - sorry if you can't find a use for it, but I certainly can... and the idea of EMs being able to speak to certain locations across a whole shard without needing everyone to agree on a messaging system, or them using global announcements to every player, has some uses. Co-ordinating things in a couple or more locations simultaneously is something I can certainly find a use for... and it being an in-game system is something I always prefer to external options.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I keep reading about the communication crystals and thinking 'why?' 'why now?' Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion that there's more to this than meets the eye. I look forward to seeing further developments.

Reactions: Mirt
S

Sevin0oo0

excuse my ignorance but can't silver be looted? seems all them AFK 'silver' farmers would be sitting ducks to 'pvp' farmers.

Reactions: Bleak_Mythic

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I keep reading about the communication crystals and thinking 'why?' 'why now?' Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion that there's more to this than meets the eye. I look forward to seeing further developments.
Don't read too much into it. We basically built a new public-address system for use by Event Moderators, because existing com crystals have some problems and they're a pain to set up and maintain. It was all about making sure everybody can see all the important text at large events, and building something that would be fast and easy for EMs to use.

Then we decided that a scaled-back version of that would be a nice improvement to com crystals. The new ones have some fun options, like "spy mode". More details will be available later, when we make a user guide available.

At the very least, it'll give some new deco options because you can craft them in metal hues.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I dunno Phoenix... give the masses a little time and I will bet all sort of inventive uses can be found for the crystals.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I dunno Phoenix... give the masses a little time and I will bet all sort of inventive uses can be found for the crystals.
I wonder if they'll work while in a pack animal's backpack. I'm not saying whether or not they should, I'm just curious about whether they will.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Don't read too much into it. We basically built a new public-address system for use by Event Moderators, because existing com crystals have some problems and they're a pain to set up and maintain. It was all about making sure everybody can see all the important text at large events, and building something that would be fast and easy for EMs to use.

Then we decided that a scaled-back version of that would be a nice improvement to com crystals. The new ones have some fun options, like "spy mode". More details will be available later, when we make a user guide available.

At the very least, it'll give some new deco options because you can craft them in metal hues.
I'm interested to see how they work. I rather gathered the meaning of the use since our EM's on GL's have attempted to use com crystals in the past and haven't had much luck with them..... I think this is VERY nice. I myself have used com crystals in RP to "throw" my voice. Especially when having a "statue" speak. So this might be an even nicer crystal to use. I'm actually fairly excited about it. As for the "spy mode" the only thing wrong with the old crystals was control/shift.... allowing folk to "see" hidden ones.

I'm rather hoping "spy mode" means I can set it somewhere and it can't be "seen" ..... unless someone looks. As in if they control/shift they aren't going to see "a communication crystal".

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
excuse my ignorance but can't silver be looted? seems all them AFK 'silver' farmers would be sitting ducks to 'pvp' farmers.
If they can be found and killed before they send the silver to the bank, yes.

What I think will be most interesting to see is the election situation and how many factions infiltrate enemy factions and get one of their characters elected as CL so the tithing rate can be set to zero. That's a really good way to aggravate your enemy.

Reactions: Sevin0oo0

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I'm interested to see how they work. I rather gathered the meaning of the use since our EM's on GL's have attempted to use com crystals in the past and haven't had much luck with them..... I think this is VERY nice. I myself have used com crystals in RP to "throw" my voice. Especially when having a "statue" speak. So this might be an even nicer crystal to use. I'm actually fairly excited about it. As for the "spy mode" the only thing wrong with the old crystals was control/shift.... allowing folk to "see" hidden ones.

I'm rather hoping "spy mode" means I can set it somewhere and it can't be "seen" ..... unless someone looks. As in if they control/shift they aren't going to see "a communication crystal".
I'm guessing spy mode may just mean you can turn off the glow.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I myself have used com crystals in RP to "throw" my voice. Especially when having a "statue" speak. So this might be an even nicer crystal to use.
It will. The EM version has a "spoof mode" which barks your speech without a prefix indicating it comes from a crystal.

As for the "spy mode" the only thing wrong with the old crystals was control/shift.... allowing folk to "see" hidden ones. I'm rather hoping "spy mode" means I can set it somewhere and it can't be "seen" ..... unless someone looks. As in if they control/shift they aren't going to see "a communication crystal".
They'll pick up speech from inside a container or when being held by a player or a pet. Or a vendor (they can be set "not for sale" for this purpose).

I am curious to see what creative uses people will find for these. :)

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2007
Skara Brae
www.raptor85.com
ug, guessing they can use a Bag of sending, for immediate and worry free collection?
yes, and most "emergency" send it the second someone is around so there's not much you can do about it, the second you're not camping one of the tons of areas it's done in they're right back farming it again, lose nothing on death, no points for the kill :/ It doesn't have to be looted either so they do it fully stealth, generally not in the room it's being farmed in (it falls to your pack). The only time I ever actually got anything from killing one was because, hilariously, he'd forgotten to take a ship key out of his pack which led me to 3 of his accounts simultaniously scripting skills out on the tokuno waters...got 2 free ships, free armor, and a decent amount of loot from the ship holds he had in there for some reason :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Does this also mean that moonbound artifacts will be indestructible on all of Siege?
Moonbound items are Ephemeral when in a Trammel ruleset area. They will lose 1 point of maximum durability per six minutes spent in active combat.

Siege – Faction kill points will now be awarded on all facets in addition to victims receiving stat loss penalty.

Just wondering... This question was posted on Siege forums.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
Although I am glad they are attempting to "fix" factions this is NOT a fix, it is the same ole crap different day. Sadly I don't really know if there is a fix. I understand they are attempting to get the players in factions to be in Fel more by making the items last for 30 days and costing more silver, but come on man! If a faction player is going to farm silver they will be doing so on a PvM character to get the max "silver per hour". The majority of people who are in factions for PvP don't want to go to the deamon temple to kill one sampire farming deamons, they want real PvP.

Maybe if they would make it so faction arties are only good for 30 days, and you can only buy the arties IF your faction controlls 3 or more towns. Of course keep the silver cost the same.

Or how about getting rid of faction monsters and making it so you can only get silver by PvP.

PLEASE I AM BEGGING THE DEVS TO DO SOMETHING TO ADD SOME "SPICE" TO PVP. PLEASE GIVE ME A REASON TO REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT.

S

Sevin0oo0

so... scripted and BOS, silver can NOT be readily looted, is that what I'm hearing? I call BS

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
so... scripted and BOS, silver can NOT be readily looted, is that what I'm hearing? I call BS
Ummm...well, not everyone gets their silver by having their pets kill opposing faction monsters while their tamer is hidden.

Assuming the Commanding Lord for your faction hasn't set the tithing rate to 100%, you can get silver by:
  • Killing enemy faction characters in Felucca (if you or your trap haven't killed them too recently).
  • Killing faction monsters in Felucca (demons, ogre lords, silver serpents, or wisps, depending on which faction you're in).
  • Removing faction traps placed by an enemy faction.
You use silver for various things, such as creating certain faction-hued craftables, faction trap removal kits, or faction trap deeds; buying a faction war horse; or buying faction artifacts or consumables.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2007
Skara Brae
www.raptor85.com
Ummm...well, not everyone gets their silver by having their pets kill opposing faction monsters while their tamer is hidden.

Assuming the Commanding Lord for your faction hasn't set the tithing rate to 100%, you can get silver by:
  • Killing enemy faction characters in Felucca (if you or your trap haven't killed them too recently).
  • Killing faction monsters in Felucca (demons, ogre lords, silver serpents, or wisps, depending on which faction you're in).
  • Removing faction traps placed by an enemy faction.
You use silver for various things, such as creating certain faction-hued craftables, faction trap removal kits, or faction trap deeds; buying a faction war horse; or buying faction artifacts or consumables.
Tina, the amount you get from pvp and traps is so patheticly small it's not even worth considering, you get more as a side bonus when simply doing a baracoon spawn (last level has silver serps) them from hours of those. (Faction traps can only lay 15 per faction total so even if you spend all the time hunting down and diffusing them all, assuming anyone bothered to lay them anywhere you can find, you spend a good few hours to get what....300 silver or so for all of them? Same with pvp, you get very little per kill, cant get more off the same person for some time, and don't get ANY if they have a kill point defecit, amounts gotten from pvp just get tossed in the stack, and basicly amount to a free faction rune or potion every week or so.

Anyone not afking it too (there are a few I know who do go down and hunt, they generally do serps instead since they're a little bit fater but can't really easily be afked due to them spawning in a less contained area.) is going to be using a near naked mage or tamer template, generally stealth, but still the same, with the time taken and amounts of silver required even now everyone BOS's the silver as they gather it so you won't be looting any on a kill, aside from the rare case when you catch someone leaving and they decided to, for whatever reason, save that last BOS charge.

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Faction commanding lords will now be billionaires since they can control the flow of silver at will. Faction commander goes to base and sets the silver rate to 100% to player when he or she wants to farm. After farming, he or she returns to the base and sets the silver drop to 0% to players, effectively cornering the market. The four commanding lords then turn around and sell silver to the 99% of remaining factioneers for ever increasing prices, as demand is sure to increase. Good times for all you folk trying to get silver every month, good times indeed. Please commanding lord sir, can you increase the drop rate to at least 1%, please!!!!???

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 4, 2012
What about adding a faction Breastplate of the Berserker and faction Insane Tinker Leggings? Seems like these and a faction Tangle would be good adds for completeness of the faction artifact selection.
talk about super easy mode to make a whammy champ killer on any shard u want. thumbs down

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 19, 2002
If you want free artifacts, then work for it.
Thus negating the idea that they're "free," I would think. ;)

I'm not a factioneer, but I'll be honest, I think the cost for 30-day items is high, particularly since their usefulness in Trammel has also been curbed. It sort of seems like a three-front hit when only two fronts might have been needed. I too would suggest revisiting the actual cost of the items at least as time progresses after the change. They shouldn't be "free," but on the other hand, placing their cost too high makes them sort of undesirable. I get the argument that "Factions is about PvP, not gear," but... not to put too fine a point on it, just when in UO's history has PvP not been about gear? Back in the earliest days of UO, the PvPer who had the Supremely Accurate Longsword of Vanquishing was the one who typically kicked your butt (and he most likely got it from a PvEer who couldn't have PvPed out of a paper bag).

I do like the tiered pricing as it makes seeking rank important, but with silver coming from farming not through PvP, the high silver costs seem a bit too high.

Reactions: Nyses and PJay

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Tina, the amount you get from pvp and traps is so patheticly small it's not even worth considering, you get more as a side bonus when simply doing a baracoon spawn (last level has silver serps) them from hours of those. (Faction traps can only lay 15 per faction total so even if you spend all the time hunting down and diffusing them all, assuming anyone bothered to lay them anywhere you can find, you spend a good few hours to get what....300 silver or so for all of them? Same with pvp, you get very little per kill, cant get more off the same person for some time, and don't get ANY if they have a kill point defecit, amounts gotten from pvp just get tossed in the stack, and basicly amount to a free faction rune or potion every week or so.

Anyone not afking it too (there are a few I know who do go down and hunt, they generally do serps instead since they're a little bit fater but can't really easily be afked due to them spawning in a less contained area.) is going to be using a near naked mage or tamer template, generally stealth, but still the same, with the time taken and amounts of silver required even now everyone BOS's the silver as they gather it so you won't be looting any on a kill, aside from the rare case when you catch someone leaving and they decided to, for whatever reason, save that last BOS charge.
Well, I never once got silver by farming it AFK or using a stealth tamer and I can't recall even bringing a BOS along either. If you wanted to find my characters, they were pretty darn easy to find and kill. But then again, I never had much silver, just enough to keep my trap removers stocked with trap removal kits and to keep up a supply of trap deeds. (When I started playing in factions, silver was mostly used to make trap deeds and trap removal kits and when someone wanted to buy a faction horse.) The only faction artifacts I've ever bought were a pair of stormgrips each for two pally faction archers on an account I later gave away to a guildmate. (I think I bought one or two bottles of the powder too.) All the changes made to factions in 2008 pretty much killed my interest in it, although I still have characters (mostly thief/trap remover/tracker/detector characters) in factions on Baja, LA, Legends, Napa, Origin, Pacific, and Sonoma. I wish the artifacts were just gone and factions would go back to being what it was, a fun team-based. cat-and-mouse, "capture the flag" type game. I don't expect that'll ever happen though. The arties ruined it for good.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 19, 2002
Just a thought... maybe cost should also scale based on towns owned as well, and that sort of thing. Might give a reason for base fighting? i dunnoo.....
It's an interesting idea, but I'd sort of say it would need to be an inverse thing. The more towns controlled, the cheaper it got for people who didn't control towns. Which is why I'd avoid it altogether.

Essentially if you based it on town control, then the people who controlled the most towns would become artificially more powerful for having done so -- which on an RP sense makes sense, but for PvP equality burns the equality bridge immediately -- which is sort of the obverse of leveling a PvP playing field.