• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Shard #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny stuff indeed; Answer just one question for us all... What's the highest number of simultaneous log ins that the EvE server has seen?

The answer can be found on the EvE wiki, and it's not quite as impressive as 300k. It's not even much more than UO can expect near it's peak to be providing for either, when you compare like for like.
Simultaneously 45000 players at the same time broken.. Remember - it's only one server.
So yes, EvE has more subscriber numbers; but it also has the ability to pay for accounts from the in game currency, and with only one character per account, it rather puts the actual number of played accounts at any one time into a wider perspective...
You can have 3 characters in EVE.

Get your facts straight..

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I think the problem is that they have no way of knowing whether a few thousand or barely a hundred will show up, it could go either way, I mean from a business perspective anecdotes don't cut it regardless of how many of us say we know x amount of people would come back, it's very shakey ground on which to make such a decision.
Of course, I am dealing in assumptions here...but so is everyone else. I would be surprised if less than 1000-2000 players jumped on board, just based on the numbers of people posting here, the number of people that signed the online petition, and the number of people playing free shards. I don't necessary subscribe to the point of view that a Classic Shard would instantly empty the existing shards, and I don't necessary believe that tens of thousands would sign on to it, but I am just trying to be somewhat realistic. You could be right, they could launch the shard, and like 43 of us show up to play it. That would not be good :)

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the problems we had with that protest, was that we damanded things =( Even though there was a zillion of us, EA will never give into demands... Guess the Terrorist approach was not the right nove on our part :sad4:

E

Evlar

one mans terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter...

...can't remember who said that now.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one mans terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter...

...can't remember who said that now.
Probably someone sitting in a secret prison for the rest of their lives... but still, they have a good point.

-Derium the freedom fighter

A

allerk

Just a quick look at numbers, regarding if the classic shard would have enough players and if the shard could be "healthy" even without "newbie" players.

Starting by this: http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart2.html
In 2008, UO had around 75000 active subscribers. By looking at the decline from 2007 to 2008 (from ~115k to ~75k in one year) it seems fair to assume that the total number of active subscribers has decreased. But lets just ignore that since people will say "but it might have raised to 300k! you used wrong info!" if we don't.

The six most populated freeshards (all Pre-T2A) have a total of 3601 number of online players at peak (all shards together), with the most popular one having 1600 players online (peak) alone. I'm only counting American and European shards here.
If we divide the number of subscribers by the number of shards, we'll have 75000/27 = ~2800 players per server. Of course the player base is not uniformly distributed, and we'll have this in mind.
With those numbers it is reasonable to assume that if we take --the number of players that are online during peak--, on the 6 most popular freeshards together, we'll have 29% MORE than the average number of TOTAL players per OSI shard. Please keep in mind that we're only counting the number of ONLINE PLAYERS at the same time from freeshards, purely because we don't have access to "how many people play there" - specially because there is no subscriptions. But it is fair to say that we're only counting around half of those freeshards playerbase - again we'll just ignore that (for now).

Just a little piece of information here, regarding the Pre-T2A ruleset in specific (since some have been saying that a really small minority enjoyed that ruleset). As I said, the most popular American/EU freeshard has 1600 players during peak, and now compare it with the number of online players (peak) of the most popular post-T2A freeshard: 240. C'mon guys, people play T2A because they want to, not because it's free. There's plenty of people who still stick with Pre-T2A even when freeshards keep coming and going and a lot would gladly pay to play in an official classic shard in order to avoid item malls, server downtime, lack of new (but LOYAL) content, bugs, etc.

About the shard being healthy or not.. Well all I can say is, check the situation of those freeshards by yourself, if you're curious. If you're too lazy to do so:
They're healthy

Conclusion:
Based purely on numbers, and keeping as free from assumptions as possible, we see that the 6 most populated freeshards have a number of maximum online players at the same time equal to 4,8% of UO's active subscriptions numbers, and 28% more than the average number of players per OSI shard.

Now lets just go ahead and do some assumptions and use more data. Remember that all the calculations here aren't as loyal as the basic info we managed to get without assumptions. All assumptions will be mainly based on reason and statistics, though.
Back to the chart, let's now assume UO has around 60.000 active subscribers, based on the decline that started mid 2006.
Now there are plenty of Pre-T2A freeshards with around 100 players online (peak). Counting 14 of these, plus the 6 most popular ones, we'll have 20 shards with 5000 players online (peak). It is fair to assume that the number of players online during peak is around 40% of the amount of people who play on that shard often (I got the 40% from Dark Age of Camelot data - they both displayed total number of players online and released their subscribers numbers, and I used that data in the past). With that we'd have around 12.500 people who play often on these 20 Pre-T2A freeshards - which is 20% of the total predicted number of subscribers.

tl;dr: some of most popular Pre-T2A freeshards together have between 4.8% and 20% of the number of UO subscribers

L

Lanth

Nice information thanks for sharing all that =D.

Oh i just wanted to know how everyone felt about this. Looting of houses like back in the day when you caught a newb with his house key! Would most of the older players still like this? i for one heck yes looting a persons who made me feel like a big villian, who later got chased down and killed lol. MAN give us a server already 'starts to twitch".

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Just a quick look at numbers, regarding if the classic shard would have enough players and if the shard could be "healthy" even without "newbie" players.

--snip--

tl;dr: some of most popular Pre-T2A freeshards together have between 4.8% and 20% of the number of UO subscribers
You present some interesting numbers here, and I do believe that they are somewhat valid, but let me beat the naysayers to the punch here...

...these numbers include a couple of types of "online" players that probably would not participate on EA servers.

1. Multi-account/multi-client players. Freeshards generally don't police the number of active accounts users can have, or if they do, the limit is usually pretty high (3-10). Some of the players showing as "online" are likely people macroing on multiple accounts at one time...and this could also include scripters.

2. There actually are some people that sign up for freeshards because they are free. Some, not all, of these players would probably not pay a subscription fee for something they are getting for free. I am aware of all of the arguments for leaving freeshards and going back to EA shards...but some people simply won't do it.

With all that said, I don't mean to imply that your numbers are off or wrong or misleading...but I think they might be a tad overly optimistic.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Nice information thanks for sharing all that =D.

Oh i just wanted to know how everyone felt about this. Looting of houses like back in the day when you caught a newb with his house key! Would most of the older players still like this? i for one heck yes looting a persons who made me feel like a big villian, who later got chased down and killed lol. MAN give us a server already 'starts to twitch".
House security (and by extension house looting) has been sort of a point of contention in these discussions. Some players seem to want this back, others don't. I think that if a Classic Shard has any hope of drawing anything but hardcore PvPers and griefers, house security needs to be addressed. Would I play on a shard that had house looting? Sure, I remember how to keep my house secure. I just think that not having secure housing will ultimately lead to players being unhappy, players complaining a lot, and players quitting the shard.

Then again, one could argue, if you don't want to play by classic rules, don't sign onto a classic shard.

L

Lanth

You do know it was the carebears who ruined the house looting and pk system right :). I probaly should not point fingers, sorry heeh. But man can u imagine if origin never sold and EA didnt turn it into a pverpg thing :p.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You do know it was the carebears who ruined the house looting and pk system right :)
Not really...

...in my opinion it was the PKs and House Looters that couldn't show any restraint whatsoever that forced the devs into taking heavy handed, ill conceived, steps to stop their behavior.

Putting the blame on the victim is just low.

I know for a FACT that PKs at the time were well aware that people were quitting the game, and I know for a fact that they knew that the devs were considering harsher actions against them...they just didn't care to look beyond the moment...and so the game was ruined.

You can't vandalize someone's car every single day for a month and then complain when they put the car in the garage.

But man can u imagine if origin never sold and EA didnt turn it into a pverpg thing :p.
I am not sure I can even imagine what a "pverpg thing" means :)

A

allerk

You present some interesting numbers here, and I do believe that they are somewhat valid, but let me beat the naysayers to the punch here...

...these numbers include a couple of types of "online" players that probably would not participate on EA servers.

1. Multi-account/multi-client players. Freeshards generally don't police the number of active accounts users can have, or if they do, the limit is usually pretty high (3-10). Some of the players showing as "online" are likely people macroing on multiple accounts at one time...and this could also include scripters.

2. There actually are some people that sign up for freeshards because they are free. Some, not all, of these players would probably not pay a subscription fee for something they are getting for free. I am aware of all of the arguments for leaving freeshards and going back to EA shards...but some people simply won't do it.

With all that said, I don't mean to imply that your numbers are off or wrong or misleading...but I think they might be a tad overly optimistic.
I completely agree with you on most of the aspects you mentioned, Morgana. Specially about the fact that some people simply won't pay to play Ultima Online, even if they made a classic official shard.
On multiclient players, however, I have to partially disagree. I've played freeshards for years (all types of rulesets, but mostly pre-T2A) and it is indeed true that a lot of freeshard players do multibox, but from my personal experience I'm basically yet to see someone who really multiboxes often on Pre-T2A shards in general. Without BoDs and safe farming, most people only use scripts for skill training and misc stuff like auto-healing, auto-chugging, etc.
There is virtually no efficient way to script farm on Pre-T2A shards either because of the risk of being killed without any kind of resistance. The only ones I've known who multiboxed on Pre-T2A were IDOC hunters who kept one player hidden to place the house and the other defending the spot.

I'm sure that many of the Pre-T2A players wouldn't come to an official classic shard because of the monthly fee (and also because many don't trust EA anymore). My point was to show numbers that really indicate how wrong two claims were:
1 - that no one likes Pre-T2A, people just played it because there was nothing better
2 - that if they made a classic shard, it would be full of griefers

The fact is, the target consumer exists. There are many people out there who enjoy classic shards and play on old rulesets. But I also think that EA waited way too long (that is, if they indeed make a classic shard). The amount of freeshards and emulators out there is sick. If they had a classic shard already, maybe there wouldn't be so many freeshard players out there. Check out other games for example - freeshards only exist when there is a reason to. They're specially popular in korean grindfests (Lineage 2, Ragnarok, etc) and most of those freeservers have a high exp multiplier rate. SWG servers are also somewhat popular, and most of them emulate the Pre-CU era. This is no coincidence, but some people already have settled in freeshards that have been created 6+ years ago and are still up. Some people would preffer an official classic shard but wouldn't pay just because its EA.

Not all this of post is directed to you, Morgana, as I'm sure you know most of this. Just a reply to you plus something I felt like adding to my initial post.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thoughts..

Classic shard will get a few thousand new resubscribers

When there is no new content people leave

During the KR client development when there was no content for long periods, UO lost 40 000 [estimate based on figures by poster above] subscribers. Was it actually 40 000? I dont know, but it was definitely a significant drop in population

I think it you put 2 + 2 together, you can see that a big and ongoing project such as a EA Classic shard is not a good idea.

imo PvP and PvE only servers would get better results.

A

allerk

Thoughts..

Classic shard will get a few thousand new resubscribers

When there is no new content people leave

During the KR client development when there was no content for long periods, UO lost 40 000 [estimate based on figures by poster above] subscribers. Was it actually 40 000? I dont know, but it was definitely a significant drop in population

I think it you put 2 + 2 together, you can see that a big and ongoing project such as a EA Classic shard is not a good idea.

People who are used to post-AoS, yeah probably would leave after some weeks. The ones who are used to Pre-T2A, on the other hand, probably would stick to it as long as it keeps populated.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People who are used to post-AoS, yeah probably would leave after some weeks. The ones who are used to Pre-T2A, on the other hand, probably would stick to it as long as it keeps populated.
I take ANYTHING but the item based game AoS made it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You keep saying this, but you don't explain what you mean. Are you suggesting PvP and PvE classic ruleset shards??

If so, how does this address your point about lack of new content?

If you are talking about using the current ruleset, you already have that...there are 24 shards that are pretty much PvE only, and then 2...Siege and Mugen...that are PvP.

So what exactly is it that you want?

Seems to me, you keep dropping this just to troll the thread.

This issue is only partially about PvP vs. PvE...this issue is about content, ruleset, and game mechanics...not just one thing.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really...

...in my opinion it was the PKs and House Looters that couldn't show any restraint whatsoever that forced the devs into taking heavy handed, ill conceived, steps to stop their behavior.

Putting the blame on the victim is just low.

I know for a FACT that PKs at the time were well aware that people were quitting the game, and I know for a fact that they knew that the devs were considering harsher actions against them...they just didn't care to look beyond the moment...and so the game was ruined.

You can't vandalize someone's car every single day for a month and then complain when they put the car in the garage.
I normally agree with you but here I disagree strongly, the thing I liked the most back then about house security is that it was on the player to make sure their home was safe, just as it was on the player to make sure their packs were secure from thieves.

I'm sorry but if I pk you and you have your house keys and a rune to your house on your person, you deserve the looting that you get. The only exception is if someone used a cheat or exploit to get into your home. I can't recall how many houses and boats I looted just because people basically handed me the keys to the kingdom and a map to go with it.

I used to keep my house runes in my bank box along with the keys and I would only take the keys out when recalling to the house, still a minimal risk as you could get randomly jumped but a much lesser chance.

I don't complain when they put the car in the garage, I simply start working on a way to get inside the garage and take the whole car next time. :p

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Like I said, I remember how to keep my house secure. My old guild house got looted once because a Guildie got killed with the rune and key.

I'd actually prefer the house security system that was between the one key for the house and no way to re-key the door era, and the current one.

Somewhere in there, and I don't remember when exactly, you had a certain number of secures and lockdowns, but you still had to lock the front door...there was no public or private and no access lists. You could ban people by saying "I ban thee", but that was about it as I recall.

In an open PvP environment, I think having less secure houses is fine...I do think there should be SOME lockdowns though. If you ever set up chairs in a guild hall, and had some *$#@head move one of them...you'd know why! :)

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said, I remember how to keep my house secure. My old guild house got looted once because a Guildie got killed with the rune and key.
I don't doubt it but I got rich off of a lot of people who didn't do so and I enjoyed teaching that particular lesson, surely enough I never was able to loot the same persons home twice. :)

Somewhere in there, and I don't remember when exactly, you had a certain number of secures and lockdowns, but you still had to lock the front door...there was no public or private and no access lists. You could ban people by saying "I ban thee", but that was about it as I recall.
I remember hiding in some houses and waiting for someone to release chests and then grabbing them and getting what I could before having to make a break for it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I remember hiding in some houses and waiting for someone to release chests and then grabbing them and getting what I could before having to make a break for it.
I had someone do that once. They didn't get far though, I was on my tamer and had left my dragon outside. I guess they didn't see her out there, because as soon as they hit the steps, and I yelled All Kill! they saw black and white! :lol:

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

Here's my thoughts on the whole thing... I've been off EA shards for quite some time now and heard they might open a classic shard.

1) It could be too little too late for a lot of people. Sure, it will be cool if this shard comes into play, but I don't know that I would come back or not. It would be something I consider greatly simply because they would still want us to pay a monthly fee for something that is free elsewhere.

However, free isn't always good. That leads us to #2

2) One of the benefits to an official classic shard is more control. One of the bad things about free shards is that they are 90% out of control. Racial and religious slurs left and right, the shards are filled with some of the planets scummiest people who are simply out to kill everything that moves rather than experience the game as it was. They have a lot of pent up frustration as there have been few mmos out there that offer sandbox style, limitless play to do what you want like UO has.

3) There would be less cheating/scripting. One thing most all T2A shard have in common is that you're permitted to macro your skills. With the new anti-3PP EA is working on, that MIGHT take care of the issue, but it also might not. We'd have to see. However, it means macroing would once again be a banable offense.

4) One thing that is bound to kill a T2A shard off though is that it would become stagnant. Without progress, a game will wither, people will get bored once they have "won the game" by doing all there is to do. This is one reason that freeshards cycle through so many people. However, more people will stick around if they have something to lose... mainly, a monthly fee.

It could really go either way... 5 years ago, I would have loved to have seen a T2A shard. But now, I dunno that I would come back for it.

E

Evlar

You keep saying this, but you don't explain what you mean. Are you suggesting PvP and PvE classic ruleset shards??

If so, how does this address your point about lack of new content?

If you are talking about using the current ruleset, you already have that...there are 24 shards that are pretty much PvE only, and then 2...Siege and Mugen...that are PvP.

So what exactly is it that you want?

Seems to me, you keep dropping this just to troll the thread.

This issue is only partially about PvP vs. PvE...this issue is about content, ruleset, and game mechanics...not just one thing.
Nope, he trolls his anti-classic ideology in other threads too. In another, he mentions the Markee Dragon "fanbois" who hope for a classic shard to farm gold to sell for lots of real $$$. Has that ever been a problem on Siege ruleset? Although they have AoS there, you can't do character and shard transfers, which pretty much solves that problem. Farmers don't like their bots getting whapped on single facet shards. That's why they love the prodo shards.

But, he also continues to spout his "facts and figures", as if he's the authority on all things statistical. Again, pure horse crap.

Best suggestion in this thread, just ignore him. He's persistent enough not to go away, but by not responding to his crap, you don't give him any string to pull. :thumbup1:

E

Evlar

Here's my thoughts on the whole thing... I've been off EA shards for quite some time now and heard they might open a classic shard.

1) It could be too little too late for a lot of people. Sure, it will be cool if this shard comes into play, but I don't know that I would come back or not. It would be something I consider greatly simply because they would still want us to pay a monthly fee for something that is free elsewhere.

However, free isn't always good. That leads us to #2

2) One of the benefits to an official classic shard is more control. One of the bad things about free shards is that they are 90% out of control. Racial and religious slurs left and right, the shards are filled with some of the planets scummiest people who are simply out to kill everything that moves rather than experience the game as it was. They have a lot of pent up frustration as there have been few mmos out there that offer sandbox style, limitless play to do what you want like UO has.

3) There would be less cheating/scripting. One thing most all T2A shard have in common is that you're permitted to macro your skills. With the new anti-3PP EA is working on, that MIGHT take care of the issue, but it also might not. We'd have to see. However, it means macroing would once again be a banable offense.

4) One thing that is bound to kill a T2A shard off though is that it would become stagnant. Without progress, a game will wither, people will get bored once they have "won the game" by doing all there is to do. This is one reason that freeshards cycle through so many people. However, more people will stick around if they have something to lose... mainly, a monthly fee.

It could really go either way... 5 years ago, I would have loved to have seen a T2A shard. But now, I dunno that I would come back for it.
It's always likely there will be a rush through the opening doors, followed by a levelling out of population. Same thing happens with any game, or anything "new". Same thing happens upon the release of every new expansion UO has ever released.

Likewise, I don't particularly see why a classic shard should have to be stagnant. I would hope there are EM events for one thing, with continuing fiction.

C

Connor_Graham

I don't doubt it but I got rich off of a lot of people who didn't do so and I enjoyed teaching that particular lesson, surely enough I never was able to loot the same persons home twice. :)

Congrats on finally reaching Legendary eBully. It's well deserved......:loser:

E

Evlar

Congrats on finally reaching Legendary eBully. It's well deserved......:loser:
Jealous someone else might want to take your forum mantle from you Connor?

:sleep2::lame:

C

Connor_Graham

Jealous someone else might want to take your forum mantle from you Connor?

:sleep2::lame:
Not particularly, especially when you consider the fact that I wasn't even talking about the forums.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on finally reaching Legendary eBully. It's well deserved......
Legendary eBully? I played my thief once in a while and made some good house loot but I hardly think that qualifies me for such a prestigious title as that.

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's....Captain Self Righteous!

:flame:

N

northwoodschopper

Talked to a few of my friends from the pre-UOR days, they're not going to pay to play pre-UOR as there is free shards with T2A rules when they get the urge. They basically said they aren't going to pay more than $5 a month for an account for a game whose heyday was in the late 90's.

Granted that's only about 6 people's opinions. Most have grown up and don't nearly have the time to invest in a game that requires too much free time to stay competitive.

DAOC did had some success with a reverted realm, so who knows.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DAOC did had some success with a reverted realm, so who knows.
That was not a reverted realm - It was a realm without one expansion in it (Trials of Atlantis). It had all the new classes and other features from every expansion every other server got, just not anything from that one expansion.

Talks of a true classic realm (They called it the Origins server.. Irony?) quickly fizzled after they said "We're talking about it."

Just like now with UO.

B

Babble

That was not a reverted realm - It was a realm without one expansion in it (Trials of Atlantis). It had all the new classes and other features from every expansion every other server got, just not anything from that one expansion.

Talks of a true classic realm (They called it the Origins server.. Irony?) quickly fizzled after they said "We're talking about it."

Just like now with UO.
Is why I doubt there will be a classic UO server from EA.
There just has not been any successful 'classic' server.

And I doubt it would fail because of the ruleset, but because EA just cannot get enough content out. And I am still puzzled why it is not possible to get more content out for UO.
:)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Is why I doubt there will be a classic UO server from EA.
There just has not been any successful 'classic' server.
To my knowledge, no other game has so radically departed from their original concept ... or ran as long ... as UO.

No other game has successfully done a classic shard because honestly, they didn't need to. The non-classic versions of those games are just more of the same.

The point with a UO Classic Shard is to get back to basics. Ultima Online was slowly changed from a virtual world with open PvP...a sandbox...into an online game with consensual PvP that is an item-based grindfest.

The other games in question were pretty much online games with consensual PvP that were item-based grindfests from the start.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point with a UO Classic Shard is to get back to basics. Ultima Online was slowly changed from a virtual world with open PvP...a sandbox...into an online game with consensual PvP that is an item-based grindfest.

The other games in question were pretty much online games with consensual PvP that were item-based grindfests from the start.
This is why to my mind trammel cannot be considered classic, it simply changed to much about the very nature of the game to be considered a classic era, in fact it did exactly the opposite and ran in a new direction, to me and I think this is reasonable trammel marked the end of one era and the beginning of a new one.

magicmule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I definatley support a classic shard. I haven't had the time to read everyones post. but from what few I have read it seems everyone is fantasizing their own ideas on what they wan't this "classic" shard to be. In my opinion you may as well try make your own freeshard and put your ideas into it. I dont wan't to see a classic shard based on everyones Idea and dilude it with bits and parts of the current uo. simple classic shard please.rolleyes:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I dont wan't to see a classic shard based on everyones Idea and dilude it with bits and parts of the current uo. simple classic shard please.rolleyes:
Well, a couple of things to note here:

- A lot of the ideas being discussed are just for the sake of discussion.

- It might be good to know what you consider "classic". So far, it would seem that "classic" means different things to do different people. Personally, I consider anything before UO:R to be "classic"...but there were a few things that came after that I didn't hate.

In the purest sense, "classic" should mean day 1 launch...but then you start getting into bug fixes, features...like bank boxes (yep, in the beginning, your bank only held gold...no items, and you gave the gold to NPCs...there was no actual box)...that came later. Are those not to be considered "classic"?

That's the point of most of the discussion here...to determine what should and shouldn't be considered acceptable on a "classic" shard. Care to join the discussion? I'd like to know your thoughts on the subject.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we the silent majority of the players have set back and let the tail wag the dog to long. So its my time and others to step up and say not just No but Hell Now most of these idiots making these posts dont play. Mite have one time but its questionable I have 7 accounts and also pay for grandsons. These accounts are active and working I play Tram i also go to Fell if I feel like it but a Revert isnt what i want or the majority wants u can get that on ure illegal shards. Socalled free ones we like it how it is we like what we work for and beleive me it is work i dont play one or 2 hrs aday I play up to 12 or fourteen hours aday working my char. I am blessed I am retired and my Wife and I enjoy hunting making stuff and many other various things. I dont want to play pvp when u have done that in real life u dont want to do such(Rvn Vet) 30 yrs Postal little kyds running around yew aint my game . U will be hering from me on strats cause I cant be silent anylonger. Good Day

E

Evlar

Well we the silent majority of the players have set back and let the tail wag the dog to long. So its my time and others to step up and say not just No but Hell Now most of these idiots making these posts dont play. Mite have one time but its questionable I have 7 accounts and also pay for grandsons. These accounts are active and working I play Tram i also go to Fell if I feel like it but a Revert isnt what i want or the majority wants u can get that on ure illegal shards. Socalled free ones we like it how it is we like what we work for and beleive me it is work i dont play one or 2 hrs aday I play up to 12 or fourteen hours aday working my char. I am blessed I am retired and my Wife and I enjoy hunting making stuff and many other various things. I dont want to play pvp when u have done that in real life u dont want to do such(Rvn Vet) 30 yrs Postal little kyds running around yew aint my game . U will be hering from me on strats cause I cant be silent anylonger. Good Day
Much as we respect your opinion, you have what you want in the game - as it is now.

Most of us here have paid their way and are simply asking for an option they would prefer. Likewise, many of us have been silent for too long.

We're not asking for a revert of all you hold dear in the production shards. Far from it, because we know that's not what the population of players there these days wants, in the slightest. We're asking for at least one separate shard, where we can enjoy the era of gaming we enjoyed, whilst you have many shards to choose from.

Does that seem entirely unfair? It certainly seems unfair to us, when we too have paid for changes in the game we didn't ask for, but have kept playing, kept supporting the game. We just feel it's about time that we at last get, what many have been asking for, for a long time.

Thank you :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

but a Revert isnt what i want or the majority wants u can get that on ure illegal shards.
You understand that no one is suggesting a "revert" of the current shards, right?

Also...

most of these idiots
I think it might be better to avoid calling people idiots when you use terms like "mite have" and "on ure illegal shards"

...just FYI.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we the silent majority of the players have set back and let the tail wag the dog to long. So its my time and others to step up and say not just No but Hell Now most of these idiots making these posts dont play. Mite have one time but its questionable I have 7 accounts and also pay for grandsons.
With all due respect pops you are the one who sounds idiotic at the moment, if you don't like a product you don't pay for it do you? but that doesn't exclude you from campaigning for a change in the product that would attract your business.

These accounts are active and working I play Tram i also go to Fell if I feel like it but a Revert isnt what i want or the majority wants u can get that on ure illegal shards. Socalled free ones we like it how it is we like what we work for and beleive me it is work i dont play one or 2 hrs aday I play up to 12 or fourteen hours aday working my char. I am blessed I am retired and my Wife and I enjoy hunting making stuff and many other various things. I dont want to play pvp when u have done that in real life u dont want to do such(Rvn Vet) 30 yrs Postal little kyds running around yew aint my game . U will be hering from me on strats cause I cant be silent anylonger. Good Day
Good for you and nobody is talking about switching your shard, we are asking for a shard of our own that has nothing to do with you. While I completely disagree with the tone you have set with your post I would like to thank you for your service to our country.

E

Evlar

Well, I don't mind someone calling me an a$$ for supporting classic shards, or bringing them into conversation in other threads. If they regard that as trolling, that's up to them to deal with.

Yes, I've popped the "classic" into certain threads, with humourous intent... sadly there are those who fail to understand "tongue-in-cheek" comments, even when blatantly followed by a Monty Python sketch from YouTube. Thing is though, a lot of the time, things I post are entirely relevant to the topic of conversation. Doesn't seem to take long before the pitchforks and braziers are being waved by some of the locals. I feel a bit like Baron Frankenstein, having created a monster.

Problem is, when they get all serious, I'm sat here on the other side of the screen laughing, whilst also feeling pity for their lack of humour.

When all's said and done, we're on an internet forum for an online computer "game", talking about that "game" and what we like or don't like about said "game".

I mean, it's not like it's hard pressing matters relating to the geopolitical situation around the world we're discussing, is it... ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me, sorry, I meant to come post but I got involved in something else.
It took me 2 hours last night to update one entry on hunter's guide. Tonight I haven't even managed to start one. Doh!

R

Renyard Foxenwyle

So whats next on "What shall we discuss while waiting for a bone from the Devs?"

I'd kind of like to flesh out a working "Jail" idea for PK's who have been killed as opposed to extremely harsh stat loss and convenience penalties. As I've been playing around on some free shards in what free time I have here, I've noticed one thing about the PK's on a lot of these t2a era shards. They hate to be embarrassed. They love people to know their name and fear them. Maybe for jail, they should be pilloried after they've been killed for however amount of time it takes them to become blue again. Trash barrel's would be placed strategically nearby so people going by to look at the latest crop of reds that the anti-pk's have put down can throw rotten fruit at them. I think I threw this out earlier, I can't remember and my net here is so crappy I can't even pull up my own posts =(. I do feel that this method would reduce a lot of the wannabe ganker PK's, while leaving true PvPers who play within the consensual systems free to play as they wish.

For those who do not know what a Pillory is, just follow the link to Wikipedia to learn a little about it. I think embarrassment and ridicule will work wonders to keep the population of those fabled "13 year old leet kiddie trash talking gankers!" down. Give them a taste of their own medicine I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.