• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xfers to Siege?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think character xfer could be explored

Right now I'm against the idea but thats because I just finished RoT hehe

Can you explain why a character transfer would have to come to Siege naked in order to allow the transfer?? No soulstones even?? To me this sounds like Siege is worried about an infusion of competition rather than just happy about an infusion of extra players on Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could bring soul stones, but only if they were EMPTY.

Simply because, siege is a 1 character rule shard, and the other shards are 5 characters, and soul stones work with trading skills between characters, so you can use other characters kind of like we use soul stones here to hold skills, so you dont really need more than maybe a couple or handful of soul stones on any given shard to transfer skills between characters to save them.

its just all the hard work that has been put in by siege players, i mean ill give up all my time and hard work to get some more people here with 7x or 6x120 templates but i dont want some scripting proddy shard trammie transfering every skill to our shard that they didnt even have to work for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think character xfer could be explored

Right now I'm against the idea but thats because I just finished RoT hehe

Can you explain why a character transfer would have to come to Siege naked in order to allow the transfer?? No soulstones even?? To me this sounds like Siege is worried about an infusion of competition rather than just happy about an infusion of extra players on Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

A grown up char with Trammel shard attitude is a pain.

On Siege the color of a char don't tell anything about the honor of the char/player.
It take time to learn about the community on Siege and a newbie char with trammel shards attitude do less damage to the community than a scrolled char.

K

Khaza

its just all the hard work that has been put in by siege players, i mean ill give up all my time and hard work to get some more people here with 7x or 6x120 templates but i dont want some scripting proddy shard trammie transfering every skill to our shard that they didnt even have to work for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand exactly what your saying GoodGuy.

In perfect circumstances it would be ideal to have everyone work up their chars on Siege...experience it for what it is and learn to love UO at it's basic form again. If Siege was nice and busy with active players then it would not be an issue. Since it isn't what would be considered a worthwhile sacrifice??

Unfortunately, a lot of vets from production shards would and do view it like this. They have played UO for 6-10 years.They like the idea of Siege but with RoT its tough to wait a couple of months before you can really start to play. Then when you have the skills to compete...it hard to match up with the "cursed" gear and soulstoned char's of some of these guys.

My question is with the ability to only Siege Bless one item would it really make a difference if people brought over some items so they can effectively join the community as soon as they get here.

G

I don't want the devs to go anywhere near Siege transfers. Virtually everything they do is beset with oversights and bugs and you can be pretty sure that this would be the case here. And account transfers have a history of duping exploits as it is.

It would only take one small error that runs for a day or so, like overlooking a blue beetle that a character may be riding, and the dynamics of the Siege economy would be changed forever.

Besides, at the moment we can't even get them to acknowledge that a change to ROT may be considered. This would require the most trivial of code changes compared to that of allowing naked Siege transfers.