• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xfers to Siege?

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In all honestly how many would be would be opposed to allowing one char per account to xfer to Siege? The only thing that would be allowed is the naked char and their skills. I'd be money the population of Seige would double over night with active players if people could bring their chars here. I understand it takes people months to finish their chars and some might feel negative against an idea like this but would you rather be able to say, "I spent 5 months making my legendary char." or "Wow... there are actually more than 50 people around during primetime..." I for one would welcome a xfer to Siege if the chars would only come with their skills and chars COULD NOT be xfered off.

N

Nico-SP

like i said before they would have to be naked and no gold plus how hard would that be and time and manpower for them to have ppl do that to make sure there naked and no items i dont see it happening but the rot fix would help alot trust me...and probaly the easiest for them to do...

M

Midnight Rambler

I'm all about changing RoT and harassing the Devs on a near daily basis but I don't think transfers are the way to go in any capacity. While I want as much people on this shard as possible I think transfering is a problem.

For one, people here would still have to deal with RoT and everything else as they trained their new skills while some other player can just macro up everything to 120s and shoot over here. Hell, if they were rich enough they could just delete their char and make a new one right away on their other shard and get over here again. It will make training skills here obsolete and we'd all be forced to do the same thing or be out of luck...

Which goes along with my other favorite thing about Siege. Here everyone knows who everyone is which makes it feel more like a community and keeps people accountable. Hardly anyone is out there buying name change deeds so we can keep track of who's who, here on the boards and in game. If we allowed transfers people would constantly be changing names and we wouldn't know what was going on.

I

imported_Soul'Ess

<blockquote><hr>

Here everyone knows who everyone is which makes it feel more like a community...

[/ QUOTE ]

Our community would unite against the "invading" prodo peeps, if this scenerio would occur.

We'd have a huge zerg, I betcha, I just betcha...

G

Anything that would give more ppl to siege.No item from other shard tough.Money i dont mind.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh.... How does working a system in which gains are garenteed and no matter how hard you work at it you wont finish for 5 months, "growing a pair"? Thats the attitude that keeps new people from coming to Seige.

I

imported_mo'gluk

bah I don't care let em kum meeb need oomies tu klomp....

N

Nico-SP

<blockquote><hr>

grow a pair and train your guy like the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its obvious nobody wants to grow a pair,now what genius?Oh ya right enjoy your dead server...fix rot slowly ppl will come because by your advice of training its not working hows your pvp going in luna?oh ya right its dead huh?Do you enjoy fighting none for sigs?Oh ya right if you had competiton it would be no fun huh?So just brag about getting your sigs with nobody fighting you for it and brag about you trained your skills as the server slowly dies i came on this server in 2001 and its DEAD...and i know who oldfoe is and hes old school too and as for growing a pair you wanna duel him?I think not what you need to do is get outta luna and start pvping or getting more ppl for this server instead of giving HORRIBLE advice...

N

Nico-SP

healing salve that away...--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&gt;

I

imported_SavageSP

I think we need just 2 things, a Rot tweak #1, so it takes about 2 months to fully 120X6 a character, and #2 Put Siege in the Shard listing from Day one a guy/girl loads Ultima on their Computer, and List it as a Felucia Only Shard so the people who want to pvp will come here first, before they get set up somewhere else.

X Sharding will bring nothing but trouble.

I

imported_Soul'Ess

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We would be swarmed with issues.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We would be swarmed with issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

And tissues, I would bet.

I

imported_Bishop_Hell

Thought I would put in my 2 cents. I have played siege part time for years. I have an elder smith/master mage. Its understandable why people on siege dont want transfers, but most people actually have to work. Some people also actually have a life outside mmorpgs and dont have the damn time to build up a character the slow ass sp way. Dont get me wrong I have played uo since beta and love siege because its more like old school. Its just hard to find the time when I can log on to spend 5 months building up a toon when I can build one up in days. Not trying to insult siege or the players just wanted to share my opinion.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Uh.... How does working a system in which gains are garenteed and no matter how hard you work at it you wont finish for 5 months, "growing a pair"? Thats the attitude that keeps new people from coming to Seige.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose they should instead be able to X-Fer an uber char it took like 2 days to make here instead, complete with all their stuff? No you should have to make your guy here like youve always had to. Change ROT and im behind you 100% but X-sharding is not very Siege. Also the type of people that it discourages from coming here might be the very ones we dont want here to begin with....

G

A tweak to RoT will do it.
Growing up on Siege is a part of becoming a Siege player.

Z

Zippididooda

"chars COULD NOT be xfered off. "

no wavering on this point imho

G

If, perish the thought, transfers are ever allowed, have them be one-way, and naked.

"Help, help, I paid to bring my horribly hued suit here, with REAL cash! EA has an obligation to protect it! Insurance! Insurance! Insurance!"

*shudders*

G

It would be an interesting dilemma or nightmare if EA watching this shard's population dwindle, had offered us all instead, a time frame to transfer one existing character HERE to go to/transfer off Siege, to some other shard, with all their gp skills and items intact. I wonder how many here would remain and whom would be left here, then ?

ROT needs to be updated, and Siege seen on the shard roster list by everyone, which EA MYTHIC can do (probably quite easily or rapidly) to assist Siege their last shard to keep UO customers upon, or they can watch the population further rapidly dwindle here, and maybe even offer folks to xfer free, OFF of Siege one chr. of anyone's chosing with that chr's items/ gp/ unless Siege specific items, intact to another shard of UO.

G

Yes, transfers to Siege. You can buy an account, so who cares if you transfer someone in?

N

Nico-SP

coding problems...our pbd took 2 yrs...bugs etc...!@#$ transfers fix rot...

G

I'd be totally for it.

But, the key would be to make sure they come NAKED. If they come with all their duped arties, trammel-farmed gold, and artie suits, the siege economy will collapse within days.

However, I'd also like to see a ROT fix.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I suppose they should instead be able to X-Fer an uber char it took like 2 days to make here instead, complete with all their stuff? No you should have to make your guy here like youve always had to. Change ROT and im behind you 100% but X-sharding is not very Siege. Also the type of people that it discourages from coming here might be the very ones we dont want here to begin with...."

Do you lack reading compreshension or do you simply post what you feel without reading any of the original post? In the post I said ONLY NAKED CHARS. Last I checked naked chars don't dont come with all their stuff? Who cares if it took them 2 days to make a char?
If you put things into perspective its MUCH easier to make a char on Siege than it is on a production shard. Where else are you garanteed gains every 5 mins? I'm tired of hearing people saying how hard it is to make a char on Siege. Fact of the matter is that its EASY, its just time consuming. Everyone is talking about increasing RoT limits, if anything that will increase the ability to make chars much much much easier. Lets increasing RoT but also be open to the fact that xfers would benefit the shard. People dont want to spend more than a few weeks to make a char and you guys need to realize that. Its come down to two options, either hang on to the idea that you are cool cause you spent 3+ months working your char and allow the shard to die as it is, or allow people to finish a char here in 2 weeks/xfer in and watch the shard flurish.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In the post I said ONLY NAKED CHARS. Last I checked naked chars don't dont come with all their stuff? Who cares if it took them 2 days to make a char?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Siege players care. There is a reason we don't want chars made in 2 days or Xfers chars. It take time to get rid of the trammel habit and when a grown up char with trammel shard habit can do alot damage to our community. We tryed it once where we lost RoT and it took less than a week to build a char, it was a hell.
We want our new Siege players to grow up on Siege and we want it to take a while but not 3-6 months.

<blockquote><hr>

If you put things into perspective its MUCH easier to make a char on Siege than it is on a production shard. Where else are you garanteed gains every 5 mins?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about being hard but about having to take some time so new SP players can learn about the community before they can deal alot damage.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do understand the feeling about community. When I started Siege a few years ago before my break I remember fighting UND and Orcs. The roleplaying and sense of community was great. But lemme ask you an honest question, is the community that was on Siege 4-7 years ago the same community that is here now? What are the big roleplaying guilds? How many player events are there in a given week? Month? Community is great but in order to have a community you need players.... Siege is dieing due to lack of players. Every week you see a post asking the devs to give Siege love... If you were a developer would you drop everything for a shard that has maybe 1-3% of the subscriptions? I love Siege but in order to get this shard to thrive again we need players and might have to sacrifice some things to get the ball rollin...

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if more people play on Siege then maybe Siege related issues will get addressed faster due to the fact more of the uo population is playing Siege.

G

AoS did hurt Siege badly. It become a pain to replace items. GM armor and weapons just did not do it.
Now you need artifacts or items close to artifacts, you need jewery to. When you die it's a pain to put a useful suit together.
The changes to armslore and to runic do help but you still need a calculator and a house to everything in.

Originalt Orcs did not have a house, they was able to make everything they needed. Their playstyle was total ruined.

Devs are working to fix the bad effect of AoS but there are long way to go.

If you died before AoS, there was alot of vendors selling suits and weapons to a cheap price. Now vendor fee is 3x so expensive and and items are more expensive = more fee so most vendors are gone.

Also some of the new skiills are very imbalanced, we have to many tamers and to many stealth/ninja's

There are alot of factores, that together made players give up.

Right now, with the last changes, we need more players to bring the shard back to life. I rather die to gankers 5 times a day than I hang out in old Britainia 5 days without seing a soul.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think it goes beyond siege. since the height of subscriptions in all uo in 2003 of a whopping 250,000 its down today to aprox. 135,000 70,000 of which are japanese shards..... thats about a 40-50% drop in subscriptions in only 4-5 years

G

So true but we will salvage what we can and all we care about is siege!

And Freja your right i rather die many tim over to gank,then to be running with cursed arti all over the place (even doom) and not see a single person at prime time (is there such thing anymore)

G

glorypaxson

I agree that allowing X-fers would be dumb...

But I do think 1 thing needs to be fixed/added.

There needs to be some way to transfer any Vet Rewards you chose to another Shard.

For example...I am 9 year vet...I have 6 Red Soul Stones from Vet Rewards.

If I was allowed to transfer those Soulstones.... might already be in Siege full time...I am playing it now...but if I was able to use my Soulstones ...it would work out much better...

Obviously you would have to put a hamper on it as people could X-fer MANY vet rewards.

Like you are only able to x-fer the amount of vet rewards your account age allowed you to pick.

Ideas?

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So true but we will salvage what we can and all we care about is siege!

And Freja your right i rather die many tim over to gank,then to be running with cursed arti all over the place (even doom) and not see a single person at prime time (is there such thing anymore)

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to see a condensation of the shards, into less overall shards with the option of a one time transfer to the shard of your choice. Of course siege or some incarnation therof would have to exist(possible a faction only shard?), and we'd all loose our houses, but i see no reason why a packing crate couldnt be created to hold all your stuff, salvaging that much at least. Most people would get to keep all their characters and stuff but youd have to choose 1 for siege.

G

I fully agree something needs to be done, from a development standpoint to fix Siege, as do most Siege players. I believe fixing ROT is that answer, and allowing character transfers is NOT the answer. I see two big problems with character transfers:

1. Part of being a Siege player is the humility that you are not the best by way of getting your rear pk'd left and right while you are a new character. If all you have to do is macro train in trammel on pacific then transfer to Siege, you lose out on way to much.

2. If you allow the transfers in, suddenly you might have 1000 non siege players who just paid $20 each to have their characters transfered in, and now have a voice in the future of Siege. Then they'll all start complaining about why there is no insurance, why there is no trammel, and all of a sudden Siege will slowly start moving towards a prodo shard ruleset because of all the people who transferred in with the prodo shard mentality outnumber those with the traditional Siege mentality.

About the only other thing I *MIGHT* support in addition to a ROT fix is allowing the advanced characters here on Siege. It would bring $$ in for EA with respect to siege, and the more money because of siege the more attention it will get, and it would take out about a months worth of training based on current ROT limitations. I do not believe that the advanced character by itself can help, as the ROT fix is more important.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I would be absolutely opposed.

I see no reason whatsoever to allow transfers to (or from) Siege. :)

G

I to would like to see advance chars allowed on Siege. I can accept new SP players with skills in 70-80 but not transfered with 6x120

G

i would agree to this idea if it was A ONE TIME DEAL transfer to siege.

Cuase i would be worried about people loading up a character with 6x120, transfering to siege, then putting all the skills on soul stones, and deleting the character to do it again until they have a siege account with every skill trained, and that would just be unfair to some of us that have spent years siege soul stones were made to buid up this many skills on siege

Other than that, i would be completely open to allow a ONE TIME TRANSFER TO SIEGE PERILOUS WITH A NAKED CHARACTER OF JUST SKILLS AND STATS.

G

glorypaxson

You wouldnt even allow that naked transfer to have their vet reward soulstones...??

G

<blockquote><hr>

You wouldnt even allow that naked transfer to have their vet reward soulstones...??

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with GoodGuy here

K

Khaza

I think character xfer could be explored

Right now I'm against the idea but thats because I just finished RoT hehe

Can you explain why a character transfer would have to come to Siege naked in order to allow the transfer?? No soulstones even?? To me this sounds like Siege is worried about an infusion of competition rather than just happy about an infusion of extra players on Siege.