• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wizards 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Little Sadie

Does anyone know how to even find a screenshot that was taken on Vista? I think I took a screenie. I hit print screen and it told me where to find it. I still cannot find it!

K

krisski

I also found Wizards while I was between Toontown memberships and ended up buying a month so I could go further. I started six wizards, but only really play with Alia Thunderglade (Life School level 24-ish). I'm glad I'm not the only one who got hooked on both games!

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

On my desktop, I use the snipping tool to take screenshots. On my laptop, for some reason, I am without the snipping tool. My wizard is now a level 28 and just finished defeating Krokopatra with the help of Little Sadie. Thanks.

G

Granjell

Besides, I couldnt figure it out at all. I am a level 2 something or other and have no clue how I got off level one!! :blushing:
:twak:
LOL - you leveled up just from talking to the first Wizard City guard! I thought that was kind of cool.

My Life wizard has now reached Dragonspyre (the 5th world) and is level 46 -- the max is level 50. Each world is a little harder than the one before, and I think this one is kicking my butt just now. I've heard rumors of a new world being added this summer and I hate to think how hard that one will be!

R

ROSIE T

So when or how do you get the ability to heal others? Is it a spell you buy or do you have to train for it?? I hate being in battles and watch a wizard loose their health and stand there with their head spinning, waiting helplessly for someone to heal them!
Also, I curious what everyone's stategy is when setting up their deck of spells. My deck was working well for me and then yesterday I couldn't draw a spell needed for anything. I've read on different ways people set their decks up but was curious what any of us have found that works.
Woo-hoo, made it to level 24 this weekend (thanks Terri :D).
I'm with Sally B. though, I never see when I level up, it just seems to happen and I miss it. AND it is lonely on TT lately, I even got into River one day at 8am eastern without having to hitch a ride!!!

L

Little Sadie

Rosie, are you a life wizard? I am fire/life and used my points to buy the spells that heal others. If you go to life school it will tell you at what level you will be able to get it. Since I am a level 32 I have been able to buy up to Satyr. I will never get the unicorn spell because that is only available for wizards that have life as a main school.

I set my deck to carry mostly high level fire spells with enough heal to help and very few high level life damage cards. I make sure to carry a wand that has ice cards so I can use it without taking out fire traps. Other then that I pack as many shields, trap, blades, converts, and prisms as I can.

Make sure to keep buying a bigger deck when it becomes available. I won my 40 card deck the other day so that has helped me in how many things I can carry.

G

Granjell

Unless you train the first few spells of the life school up to Sprite, you have to buy healing cards from the Librarians in Wizard City or the Oasis (or get them from a friendly Life Wizard who has extras for trade). That is the only way to heal another player. As to decks, I usually set up my deck based on what type of enemies I intend to fight. Usually before a boss battle you can take a minute to check the bosses' type and plan your deck accordingly. I carry a few different wands that give zero rank spells in the different types, so that I can change to the opposite school to get the boost. I also bought three amulets in the Oasis that give me shields of different types, so I change my amulet to give me the right types of shields. Wearing things that give you cards adds to your basic deck without you having to learn those spells from a teacher.

Also, you can buy a Balance card (or learn the spell from the Trainer in Colossus Blvd if you are high enough level and have a spare training point) to Reshuffle your hand. I try to keep one, as well as a couple Tough and Keen Eyes treasure cards, to draw during battle. If things aren't going your way, you can sort of start over. It takes three pips, though, and wastes a turn, so I don't do it often. I've only actually used Reshuffle a couple of times during truly difficult battles when I've run through my whole deck. You can tell you've done that because no cards come up to fill it out and you HAVE to draw treasure cards at that point.

What is funny is hearing Wizards saying in battle, "You need a toon up." I saw that twice yesterday.

R

ROSIE T

Terri and Marge! LOL, are you kidding me? Can you translate most of what you said to English and not wizardry for me?????
OK, I'm a fire wizard, that I know. What the heck is the second wizard you asked about? And where/how would I know what the second school I'm training in? Which obviously means I'm NOT training in a second school!!! AND training points??? Okay, now on the decks, how do you know when a new deck is available?
I thought I was catching on and moving along but now I'm more confused than ever! LOL

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

The second school, pick what you want, go to that school in Ravenwood and train up. Training points you seem to earn by completing tasks. My wizard is storm/myth. I usually keep the most powerful spells of each that I can. My wand gives me 6 other cards of other schools, (all 1 pip cards.) I dont usually set up my deck for what I am battling, maybe that is what I am doing wrong.

As for healing people, My hat, Amulet, and Cloak, all give me a different heal card.

S

SSniffleslam

Well, I made it to Mooshu last night. The tower was really long and I was up til about 2 am, but I got through! I don't think it's fair though! I took Savanna's character along with me because I knew I couldn't do it by myself, and she got a funky little dressed up rat for a pet reward. He's so ugly he's cute. I didn't get a pet out of it dern it! :(

R

ROSIE T

Thank goodness for Savanah's new pet because that man of hers was a little creepy!!!!

S

SSniffleslam

LOL! Sorry Terri, but you'll have to deal with Savanah's creepy little man - I was talking about my daughter's character not the Savanah we've played with. My daughter's character has gotten two pet rewards now and I've yet to get one. I almost bought a ninja pig today, but I can't make up my mind if I really want one.

S

soupandquackers

You get training points from certain quests. Also you get them every four levels up until level 20 I think, then it is every five levels. On the healing of other wizards subject, i bought a really exspensive hat that came with a sprite card and that helps but not much.

G

Granjell

Rosie - you can buy new decks in the shops, or sometimes -- very rarely -- you get a special deck as a boss drop. There are players who keep several decks in their pack, set up for whatever, with the theory that smaller decks allow better control over what cards will come up. So if you wanted a small deck with all high power cards, you could do that. Keep in mind though, that once you place a treasure card into a deck, it is not available to other decks or for trading. Some decks are just for certain schools though, so if you get a deck from a boss, check to make sure you can use it.

I finally got a pet drop at level 46, a Treant (little living tree) from a boss called Oakheart, which was just the pet called Lady Roscoe, no card or anything. Then I bought myself a Jade Oni, which gives me a 4 pip Jade Oni balance card, on Dragonspyre. Now I am broke again.

R

ROSIE T

You get training points from certain quests. Also you get them every four levels up until level 20 I think, then it is every five levels. On the healing of other wizards subject, i bought a really exspensive hat that came with a sprite card and that helps but not much.
Maybe I'm not training right because at level 24 I have no taining points! And last night I went to every school in Ravenwood to figure out what my second spell is or to pick a second and couldn't pick anything to train.
But I get called back to the fire school to train new spells???

LOL! You dumped your BF already? He did talk too much. LOL!
Yes sorry to say I had to dump him, the most he said was "be my girl, yes or no"! Why he gave the option of yes or no I don't know because he wouldn't stop until I said yes! AND THEN he was hitting on you, the two timing little creep! LOL

G

Granjell

Rosie if you are totally confused about where you spent your training points, just look at what lower level spells you learned. When you have a "second school" you have trained in that school up past just the beginning couple of spells. What you probably did was train a spell here and a spell there rather than just going to one other teacher besides fire.

If you want to trade in the points you used, you can go see Mr. Lincoln in the Golem Court and he will charge you crowns to "sell back" those points and you can then choose a second school and re-train how you want to. It costs more the higher your level, so do it sooner rather than later.

My second school is Balance, but a lot of people choose Life or Death or the opposite from their main school.

L

Little Sadie

Yes sorry to say I had to dump him, the most he said was "be my girl, yes or no"! Why he gave the option of yes or no I don't know because he wouldn't stop until I said yes! AND THEN he was hitting on you, the two timing little creep! LOL

LOL! I told you, I only date Grand Masters. He was too beneath me.:D

S

SSniffleslam

You will also get a training point if you take Prospector Zeke's find the "whatever" tasks. It's the smiths in Wizard City, the beetles in Krok, the cats in Marley, and blue oysters in Mooshu. I have gotten enough training points to train a third school. I'm now Death, Fire, and Storm - Storm is only at third level spells though.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

You will also get a training point if you take Prospector Zeke's find the "whatever" tasks. It's the smiths in Wizard City, the beetles in Krok, the cats in Marley, and blue oysters in Mooshu. I have gotten enough training points to train a third school. I'm now Death, Fire, and Storm - Storm is only at third level spells though.
Is that why I got so many extra training points sitting around?

Convinced Pinky and Moondust to do some PvP battles today. I guess Pinky doesnt like it. It takes some getting used to. I made some nice high level friends doing it. I also made some high level enemies. Rachel Moondust and myself got absolutely slaughtered in a 2 on 2 ranked match. We were sent back to the playground before we were even able to attack them.

S

SSniffleslam

Is that why I got so many extra training points sitting around?
Probably! I only have one more fire spell to learn and I can't do it until I'm a level 42, so I started training storm - no need to let them go to waste :)

I haven't tried the PvP yet, but I want to - I'm just scared of having my rear handed to me.

L

Little Sadie

I believe you get 17 points total. I am going use most but leave some open in case new ones come out.

G

Granjell

I have only tried PvP a few times, and twice the other wizard left before the match was over, I think because they were losing. I didn't see the attraction of fighting a fellow wizard rather than some monster or boss. I felt kind of bad about it, thinking that it was some little kid whose dream of victory I was crushing.

S

SSniffleslam

I have only tried PvP a few times, and twice the other wizard left before the match was over, I think because they were losing. I didn't see the attraction of fighting a fellow wizard rather than some monster or boss. I felt kind of bad about it, thinking that it was some little kid whose dream of victory I was crushing.
Well, I finally tried it, and I won two matches - one I actually won, the other one, the guy left. I think he might have been offended getting beat up by a girl lol! I got bored with it after those two rounds though. I mean, what do you get out of it, other than improving your ranking?? I don't really feel bad about beating others, since after you fight, you're returned to the arena with full life and mana. I don't really see the point though - I'd rather take on monsters any day!

L

Little Sadie

I think the dueling is fun though I am no good at it. As Sir said, we were taking out in seconds. I was gone on the first turn. The two we played against made fun me as soon as I pulled out my noob wand. I knew we were in trouble! LOL!

Poor Pinky had no fun at all. She didn't want to be there so I sent her butt back to the playground. Sorry Pinky.:p

The only time I did win was against Sir in the first duel. He sent me and my minion packing on the second duel. Sir, we need to do this again soon. I just wish TT had this option of battling each other. There have been many a toon that I would love to drop a Toontanic on or see get run over by a train.:thumbsup:

S

SSniffleslam

Can anyone tell me where the blue oyster is in the "Tree of Life" in Mooshu? I can't find it! It's my last one, and I have looked everywhere (I think) but I still haven't seen it. :)

Oh, and Marge, I finally got a treant pet - it took me about 20 repeat fights with Oakheart to get it, but I got it this morning!

G

Granjell

I think I was extremely lucky to get that pet on the first try. The oyster is along the wall of the central temple, as I recall, you've got to run the whole perimeter to find it.

Congrats and welcome to Dragonsypre!

S

SSniffleslam

I just liked the treant because it reminds me of LOTR. :)

Thank you!!! I finally found the oyster - it blends in with the wall really well, and I had run all along the outside and couldn't find it, and all around the tree itself, but I hadn't run the length of the inside wall - and there it was! Now on to Dragonspyre! If I don't go back and fight the jade oni a few more times - I want the last ninja pig statue. If you haven't seen them, they're cute. I have two of them - the jade oni will sometimes drop the statue as a reward (I think there's three altogether??)

Oh, here's a picture of the ninja pig statue. Aren't they cute?

Ninja Pig Statue.JPG

G

Granjell

I'll fight bosses more than once to help friends, but not just for fun. I have no luck farming them so I gave that up. But you are totally right about those Ninja Pigs. CUTE!

L

Little Sadie

WTG Sally! You have blown past me at record speed. LOL! I am still stuck in MB on Rachel. On a side note, look how many views this thread has gotten compared to the TT threads. :thumbsup:

S

SSniffleslam

lol, my daughter says it's because i'm bored and I have no life - which is probably true. :)

T

toontownhappy

Well, I, too, have jumped on the Wizards 101 bandwagon.
I am now (don't you dare laugh) Calamity Rubyriver, level 2 necromancer extraordinaire. Still on free trial, but it looks fun so far! I can't get onto Cyclops Lane, though...do you have to pay to access that part? And how do I buy things? I haven't read the players' guide, I figured all of you know more than it does at this point :)

G

Granjell

OMG Deb - I love that name - why does every other person seem to become a necromancer? Anyway, you can't get to Cyclops until you pay the piper. Or you can port to a handy friend waiting there on the street for you.....

There is a whole shopping district where you can buy stuff, and sell the stuff you've collected that you can't use. Use your map.

T

toontownhappy

Well, that's weird...you have pay to access certain places by yourself but you can get there anyway if you have a friend inside? Seems to me that's a tad counterproductive, but I'm not complaining! lol
Thanks for telling me! Hope to see you around in there.

R

ROSIE T

HI Deb, I also have a wizard, level 26-ish, it would be great to meet up. I don't think codes work on the free accounts but if you do buy an area I wonder if they will work then? I will pull one just in case and pm to you.
Good to see you back again!!!

T

toontownhappy

I just bought a month pass, so PM away! :thumbsup: And thanks!
Update: Well, I still can't get onto Cyclops Lane or any other subscription-only area. I restarted both the game and my computer...thoughts? Am I missing something?

L

Little Sadie

You will need to progress through the game to get to Cyclops. It takes a few quests to get there. You eventually open up new parts of worlds as you level up.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

You will need to progress through the game to get to Cyclops. It takes a few quests to get there. You eventually open up new parts of worlds as you level up.
as stated before, you can port to friends in places you dont belong.

L

Little Sadie

as stated before, you can port to friends in places you dont belong.
Yes, but I thought she meant just on her own. I had no idea that I couldn't get to other places once I paid unless I ported to friends. It took me a bit to figure out that I would have to open places up on my own in order to get there on my own.

T

toontownhappy

Summer break is starting soon here, so I might be on W101 more frequently.
PM me with/for a code if anyone wants to. Don't know how much of a help I'll be, though, as Calamity got into Krokotopia just last night (I feel so slow compared to all the rest of you :blushing:).
I'm really liking this game!

craze49

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already celebrating? I don't celebrate until after the finals.;)

G

Granjell

Victoria Willowdreamer has maxed her experience and is now a Grandmaster!

L

Little Sadie

Victoria Willowdreamer has maxed her experience and is now a Grandmaster!
WTG Marge! I am not far behind you but you still beat me. LOL! I hope to make it to level 45 tonight if I find time to get on.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Congrats Marge!! So now what do you do? Start a new wizard? Come back to TT?? LOL Is it like TT where once you are maxed your toon is pretty much done or is it that you maxed your spells but you still have the bosses to fight?

G

Granjell

Yeah, it's like I maxed all my gags but I still have tasks to do in DDL. I haven't beaten the top boss yet, still working on that, but I cannot gain any more experience points.

S

SSniffleslam

At least not until Grizzleheim comes out! I maxed mine a while back, but I still don't know how to fight Malistaire. I wandered around in his lair for a while, but the door to get to him is locked. I gave up and made a new wizard. :)

A

ATIV7220

Add me to the list of players here. I'm Alexander MythHunter, level 22 Conjurer.

Status
Not open for further replies.