• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wizards 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Little Sadie

Anyone know anything about this game? Is there a website like TT where you can go and test it out or at least get info on it? I am seriously bored with TT and want to try something new. I just can't get into PoTC or WoW. I have heard from friends that is pretty neat and want to check it out myself. Thanks!

S

soupandquackers

They do have a website and can try for free. Dont know the exact name but try and google it. Couldn't get it to work but i dont want to stray too far away from TT anyways. You cant get addicted to WoW? Never heard that one before.

C

Crazy Fireball

They do have a website and can try for free. Dont know the exact name but try and google it. Couldn't get it to work but i dont want to stray too far away from TT anyways. You cant get addicted to WoW? Never heard that one before.
I havnt eather, i tryed the 10 day trial and got addicted! I hit the trial max (level 20) twice!

L

Little Sadie

I signed up for Wizards last night to see what it was about. It seems to be a cross between WoW and TT. Pretty neat actually. I am now Rachel Moondust, a pyromancer. LOL! I'm liking it!

G

Granjell

Hey Terri - if you need help, give me a shout. They allow true friends in Wizard 101 just like here. I'm Violet Dreamwillow, currently a level 37 Theurgist (Life School wizard) so I can definitely be of assistance. I just made it to the fourth world. (Sorry, but that's where I've been all week. It's my daughter's fault, really!!)

I called it a cross between Harry Potter and Toontown. You get sorted into your "school" and go meet the headmaster. He starts to introduce you to things (kind of like Flippy) and then the Evil Wizard appears to shake things up. Then your quests/tasks lead you through gaining experience, talking to people, learning spells, etc. When you defeat enemies, they drop gold and sometimes other items like spell cards and clothing.

It's actually a pretty rich game, with much to see and do. And just like Toontown, you'll need friends to defeat some of those bosses!

S

Squeaker

We tried it when it was still in beta and absolutely loved it! But, when they went to regular - they deleted the characters and my daughter was so mad, she didn't want to stay. She had worked so hard and I forget how high she was (quite high) but it didn't go over well... She's now on potc (thanks for getting her hooked on that one Bob!) and tt.

L

Little Sadie

Thanks for the offer Violet! LOL! I am still reading and trying to figure out everything. The whole game seems to be a lot more involved then TT. The graphics are amazing compared to TT.

I will pm you with questions! LOL!

C

Crazy Fireball

Thanks for the offer Violet! LOL! I am still reading and trying to figure out everything. The whole game seems to be a lot more involved then TT. The graphics are amazing compared to TT.

I will pm you with questions! LOL!
Lol i herd the graphics are good, i dont want to try any new games because i get hooked and cant play them all!

Good luck!

L

Little Sadie

I love it! Been playing it most of the day and am up to apprentice 7. I have earned a closet full of adorable clothes too! Can't get shoes on TT but have like 15 pairs on W101 so far. And all dyed to match my cute outfits! I bought the monthly plan for now but if I really become obsessed then I'll go longer. Thanks to Marge, a grand poobah over there, she has taught me a few things. :thumbsup:

C

Crazy Fireball

I love it! Been playing it most of the day and am up to apprentice 7. I have earned a closet full of adorable clothes too! Can't get shoes on TT but have like 15 pairs on W101 so far. And all dyed to match my cute outfits! I bought the monthly plan for now but if I really become obsessed then I'll go longer. Thanks to Marge, a grand poobah over there, she has taught me a few things. :thumbsup:
I Have no clue what any of that means ;)

But... glad your having fun!

G

Granjell

Hardly a grand poobah, just playing longer than you. I'm sure you'll catch up to me in no time! I do like the variety in clothing styles and pets. They are planning to add housing choices for players over level 10, so there will be lots more to see and do soon.

L

Little Sadie

That sounds great Marge. So far I just have a cheap dragon as a pet. I want a unicorn but don't know how I get that yet. When you mean level 10 what does that mean? Is that like a Master something level 10? What is the highest level there as far as name. Like robber baron sort of same as Master? I am almost finished with apprentice 9. Is there a place that tells you the suits and levels so I will know how far to go before getting to the next level? Oh and I beat that Harvest lord all by myself too. LOL!

G

Granjell

Basically the levels just go numericly up to the highest of 48 (I think). But there are different "Badges" that you earn and can "wear." Under your name it will show either your current level and school, like you are an Apprentice Pyromancer and will advance to Journeyman Pyromancer next. I am a Magus, but I think the top level is Grandmaster. Or you can choose to wear your "Badge" of "Three Streets Savior" or "Golem Tower Champion." You get more badges by defeating more of each type of enemy.

As for the pets, some of the Bosses "drop" them, like the snow serpent and dark fairy. Someone told me that fighting the Gobbler King's minions got them a snow serpent, but I fought those guys repeatedly and never got one. Maybe you have to be Ice School. I did get a dark fairy, but I like my Death Leprechaun better because he adds a card to my deck. He only cost 21,000 gold. Each world has someplace you can buy pets. Hopefully they will be able to do more in the future.

There are fansites that have guides and stuff, just like Stratics. I signed up on Wizard101central.com because it seemed pretty well organized and I found some good info. Lots of kids post there though, so some of the posts are a little wacky.

Anyways, you know you can share stuff that you get but cannot use with the other characters on your account? There is a Shared Bank which is like gifting to the other character. So if you get ice stuff and your daughter's wizard is ice, you can put it in the shared bank and her character can get it out. I thought that was a pretty clever idea. Players can't gift each other though, only trade treasure cards.

Sorry if this is too much information, but I get carried away I guess.

S

soupandquackers

Its sounds fun so i may download it just for the weekend to try it out. It sounds an awful lot like WoW, my sister and her boyfirend play WoW along with other older couples i know. So is there a free trial or do you have to pay like one month or so?

L

Little Sadie

You can play for free forever but are limited to the initial area just like on TT. It does give you enough to decide whether you like it or not. There are plenty of boss battles and tasks to be had on the free account. Try it out. I played today and really like it. I am up to level 11 so have a long way to go. I just need to figure stuff out though. It is more complicated then TT.

G

Granjell

Yeah, it is more complicated because there is so many more variables to calculate. Your attacks are often not a set amount of damage, but somewhere in a range, and then there are multipliers like shields and traps. Plus the different schools get boosts or resists from different type of damage.

A lot of people say it's like WoW, but since I've never played WoW, I couldn't say. Maybe it's WoW for kids? Some of the stuff looks very Halloween-y, but some of it is quite sophisticated.

C

Crazy Fireball

Yeah, it is more complicated because there is so many more variables to calculate. Your attacks are often not a set amount of damage, but somewhere in a range, and then there are multipliers like shields and traps. Plus the different schools get boosts or resists from different type of damage.

A lot of people say it's like WoW, but since I've never played WoW, I couldn't say. Maybe it's WoW for kids? Some of the stuff looks very Halloween-y, but some of it is quite sophisticated.
WoW is a teenager game, its probally bloodyer, and you can say quite a few curse words.

S

soupandquackers

WoW isnt a teenager game, its an everyone game. I will give this a shot but i have to stop neglecting my weaker toons.

G

Granjell

Kids find ways to swear and be mean in every game. And sometimes, not even kids. We all know that!

C

Crazy Fireball

Yeah, they do swear alot, and i ment to type WoW is not a childenens game. WHoops.

R

ROSIE T

So is this where everyone is hiding this week? LOL, if so keep an eye open for sydney nightflower!

G

Granjell

We found Sir Bumblenoodle in Wizard101 (at least Terri did) and Pinky was playing yesterday. They just loaded the housing and voice overs for the latest worlds.

L

Little Sadie

We found Sir Bumblenoodle in Wizard101 (at least Terri did) and Pinky was playing yesterday. They just loaded the housing and voice overs for the latest worlds.
I can't wait to see the houses! I haven't been able to log in yet so must still be down. Sir Bumblenoodle is in DockersDiner with me. I think it all started with one person over there suggesting Wizards to us and we all flocked over there at the same time. LOL! So far I think I have 12 former TT players that have started playing Wizards now. We are getting a nice group up. That game is a lot of fun. I have only been on TT once in the last 7 days and that was just for the Sunday runs. LOL!

G

Granjell

Rosie wants us to start our own forum for the Stratics Toontown Wizards. Welcome Kendra, I'll pm you a code when the loading stops and I can actually log in....

Terri, what is DockersDiner?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless my skimming missed some people, we have a total of four posters posting in this thread who play the game. Four posters does not a forum make, but if this thread picks up I'll definitely suggest to Den the Man a section in the Stratics Game Roster section.

L

Little Sadie

Rosie wants us to start our own forum for the Stratics Toontown Wizards. Welcome Kendra, I'll pm you a code when the loading stops and I can actually log in....

Terri, what is DockersDiner?
www.dockersdiner.com

I don't think we need a Stratics Wizard board. There is an awesome one that I go to that is full of information and no drama! The game itself has a board but I prefer this one here. I am RachelMoonDust on here.

http://www.wizard101central.com/

S

SSniffleslam

OK, I read all of the posts and decided to try it out for myself. I am Katherine Goldenthistle - Level 13 - Death School (Fire School secondary). :)

L

Little Sadie

OK, I read all of the posts and decided to try it out for myself. I am Katherine Goldenthistle - Level 13 - Death School (Fire School secondary). :)
Great! Send me a code next time you get on. There are a lot of us TT refugees over there. You have leveled up quickly. I will be a level 24 tonight and Judy is already a level 22! The woman doesn't sleep. :coco: LOL!

C

Crazy Fireball

If i try it will i get hooked?

I dont have enough time in my life to get hooked anymore lol.

S

soupandquackers

You most likely will get hooked on it. I have been playing it alot because it is really fun, i just dont want to have to pay for another subscription.

L

Little Sadie

You most likely will get hooked on it. I have been playing it alot because it is really fun, i just dont want to have to pay for another subscription.
So you decided to try it? What is your character name? After playing TT for two years, it is nice to get excited about playing a game again. TT was really getting mundane for me.
You know you can get gift cards to pay without having to do monthly subs on credit cards. If you want to explore the game a little farther then what a free sub gives you can get a $10 gift card and buy a month. Rite Aid and 7-11 sell them.

S

soupandquackers

My main character is Blaze Deathwalker Level 10 necromancer. I would be a lot farther i just cant do anymore tasks.

S

SSniffleslam

Well, I have to say I'm truly addicted - Savanna too! We played until about midnight last night and I'm up to a level 21 Necromancer - Savanna is a level 14 Necromancer (Her character is Esmee Jade). There's just so much to see and do with this game. I love the Egyptian theme of the second world!

L

loadexfa

Hmm, no time to play yet I'm tempted to try anyways. Arg, no Mac client. That sucks.

Josh

L

Little Sadie

Well, I have to say I'm truly addicted - Savanna too! We played until about midnight last night and I'm up to a level 21 Necromancer - Savanna is a level 14 Necromancer (Her character is Esmee Jade). There's just so much to see and do with this game. I love the Egyptian theme of the second world!

I love the graphics of the whole game. They are so much richer then TT. I don't care for the second world theming and am happy to almost be out of it. Tired of looking at all that fire! LOL! After going to the other worlds from hitching rides with friends I think my favorite is Marleybones. I love the permanent night time theming, aka Dreamland, and the whole UK feel to it. The Golems on the rooftops are beyond creepy and really cool! Mooshu is really pretty with it's Asian influences too. Either way, the entire game is really well put together. I am almost a level 26, and hopefully on my last quests in Kroc.

R

ROSIE T

Been neglecting my piggy in TT the last week or so myself! Sydney is a level 16 now and I can't stay away from it. Pretty bad when I want to use a sick day to stay home and play but isn't that what the company gives you days off for, it's not really for when you are sick???
How about we have a post with player names/tt toon/ and wizard name, etc so we have a contact list we can pm, and hook up with? Kinda like what Wolfie did with his little wolfettes.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

I just made level 22 last night. My character is Chase Boomslinger. For those that want, feel free to send me a code. I JUST cancelled both my toontown accounts for now.

L

Little Sadie

I just made level 22 last night. My character is Chase Boomslinger. For those that want, feel free to send me a code. I JUST cancelled both my toontown accounts for now.
You canceled both? I still will have one. Couldn't bring myself to taking Sadie away. WTG on level 22! I hope they send you home from work and you feel better.:hug:

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not bad on graphics. There not as much lag on this game verse toontown. I might wait this summer to pay for it. i have one lvl 5. I cant use him still i pay for the game.

G

Granjell

Hi James, you can continue to level up by battling the bosses on Triton Avenue over and over. They will still drop good loot for you, and you will gain experience if you use as many spells as possible, like traps, blades and shields.

S

SSniffleslam

Maybe I should go back and do that! I made it to Marleybone, I'm a level 29 Necromancer, but I still keep getting defeated if I'm in battles alone. Well, I take that back, I don't usually get defeated in the street, but I can't do any of the bosses alone.

L

Little Sadie

I just brought two more TT friends over to Wizards! I hear that Sally B has also come over to the darkside herself. LOL! See you all in W101!:thumbsup:

We should keep updates here for our wizards and maybe screenies of them. I don't have a screenie of mine yet but she is now a level 32 Pyromancer. I will have to see where screenshots hide on this game. Anyone else want to update?

craze49

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'll give it a go you guys. You guys make it sound irresitable.:danceb:

L

Little Sadie

I think I'll give it a go you guys. You guys make it sound irresitable.:danceb:

It takes a bit of getting used to. You really need to think a bit more on Wizards. Instead of gags there are spells. There is health instead of laff and mana instead of a bag of gags. There are quests instead of tasks. There is no endless task of merits, bucks, and so on. You work on quests all the time and can do many bosses in one day. You eventually move onto higher worlds as you do all the quests in a world. I think the best part is the clothes! I can shop and even dye them the way I want. You can also fight bosses over and over without needing that dreaded "key" and you get nice prizes for doing it. It really is a lot of fun.:thumbsup:

craze49

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay. Thanks for the information.

I can't play! :sad3::sad3::sad3: Whenever I get on, I get disconected! I can't even get past the beggining part! :sad2:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I just brought two more TT friends over to Wizards! I hear that Sally B has also come over to the darkside herself. LOL! See you all in W101!:thumbsup:
LOL Sally B just tried it to see what it was like after you guys were talking about it and I was lonely now that I am TT friendless!! I don't have time to play TT let alone start a new game. Besides, I couldnt figure it out at all. I am a level 2 something or other and have no clue how I got off level one!! :blushing:

It is really quite amusing that I have been asked for codes and given codes after telling one person I tried it!! I am not subscribing so I don't think I could use them anyway. It would be fun to get on with you guys so you can laff at me though!!
:twak:

Status
Not open for further replies.