windows 7 problem

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

mustafa

hi ok i know there prop a post here somewhere but i cant find it so see if anyone can help. Ok went from xp to windows 7 and had the over hang loading screen i found out how to fix this on this strats bit so cheers but since i went to windows 7 i get a bit laggy now which sucks is there a way round this ?? i was running magic on xp and now think to myself why did i change it sucks

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 19, 2008
Lake Superior & Catskills
www.aschulze.net
hi ok i know there prop a post here somewhere but i cant find it so see if anyone can help. Ok went from xp to windows 7 and had the over hang loading screen i found out how to fix this on this strats bit so cheers but since i went to windows 7 i get a bit laggy now which sucks is there a way round this ?? i was running magic on xp and now think to myself why did i change it sucks
Hmmm this is a little tough to troubleshoot. Which client are you using? Do you use any approved 3rd party applications like UOAssist? If so I find running in admin mode always helps out. Are you using the 32 or 64 bit Win 7 install? Have you updated your drivers after the upgrade? (don't assume that Windows update will make the right decision). I would go directly to your video card manufactures site and get their Win 7 drivers and the same for your sound card.

Those are just a few suggestions. There are a number of Win 7 threads in this forum that may have other tips and tricks to try.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2009
Your processor probably can't handle w7...revert to xp if you want to reduce lag.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Awards
McMinnville Oregon
I run windows 7 and have no problems at all!
with that said how much ram do you have? what proccessor,have you defraged,if running EC have you tried turning graphic settings down,do you have current drivers?,is there something running in the back ground that could be lagging you? such as updates? etc