• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why shouldn't we consider a 2nd char slot?

Seriously?

• Yes, I want a 2nd char slot and it would expand my interest in this shard

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • No I do not want one because this is Siege

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
G

Goron

So, let me make sure I understand this. Because YOU have 5 accounts and YOU don't want to make new chars on a second slot you are voting NO to a second slot? That is just selfish. Not everyone has 5 accounts. Not everyone wants/is able to pay for more than one account. Think of the whole shard, please.

I vote for a second slot.
Imagine if you just bought an item in UO... let's say an orny. You paid 17million for it. Then, say a week later the devs proposed making orny's drop on ratmen. One in five ratment will drop one... would you not be against that? You made the investment to get an orny- just because not everyone had an expensive orny are you being really selfish for opposing the change?

And, as I posted previously, this will only DECREASE or maintain the total accounts in UO. People are not likely to say, hey, more char slots~! nice, I want to buy more accounts! No, rather they will consolidate into fewer accounts.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, let me make sure I understand this. Because YOU have 5 accounts and YOU don't want to make new chars on a second slot you are voting NO to a second slot? That is just selfish. Not everyone has 5 accounts. Not everyone wants/is able to pay for more than one account. Think of the whole shard, please.

I vote for a second slot.
Imagine if you just bought an item in UO... let's say an orny. You paid 17million for it. Then, say a week later the devs proposed making orny's drop on ratmen. One in five ratment will drop one... would you not be against that? You made the investment to get an orny- just because not everyone had an expensive orny are you being really selfish for opposing the change?
Actually... I'd think that was great. I'm all for useful items being more obtainable. I think one of the reasons people don't seriously monster hunt on Siege is because its ridiculous risks for meek and meager rewards.

We'd also be able to run more templates (how many chiv dexers do you really see out on the field?

We have a fluid economy... the problem is we're stuck on this linear prodo-style of play. Our doom, peerless, ingredients, etc. etc. drop rates are the same as those on shards with item insurance.

This faction thing is going to start a revolution on Siege... just you wait.

The greatest thing about Siege is that you loot your kills... now imagine if your kills had great stuff on it... most of the time. Whether faction/not...

How is that not a win win?

I would not be surprised if killing in virtue dungeons started leading to artifact drops (like virtue set) and if doom was dropping arties with every dead Dark Father...

Peerless dropping GOOD numbers of ingredients, ML arties and crimmys.

T-Chests having MULTIPLE cursed arties in them...

Our shard could handle it and then we could really enjoy playing with our stuff...

Our bickering is what's held this shard back from getting this stuff rushed in. And you wonder why things like [blessed] stuff takes years to fix...

seriously.

EDIT: I think just like with Crafting... people who seriously enjoy monster hunting but want PvP as an element in their gaming... would love it here so much more.

Win Win

add imbuing where crafters can customize suits

Win Win Win

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Goron- I might be a little pissed at first, but in the end its only pixels. If that change would make the shard better, than go for it.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we need a new thread with only YES or NO as answers.

I personally think the people who voted NO should look again at the current poll and think about the status of siege perilous and how this may help bring more people around.

DEV's need us to be united on this, so please if you voted NO try and reconsider, i mean if you are already paying for 5 accounts then continue to do that and now have 10 characters! its still a benifet to you guys either way

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goron and Black Rain,

You both have valid points on this..

I do believe that EA would lose some money on this, although I think they would also gain some (soulstone sales).

But more importantly to me, I think more people might consider Siege. I know I have tried talking some people over to Siege and there are two main things that keep them from coming. One is ROT (combined with the fact that they cannot move characters and stuff here). The other is the one character thing...

As Kat said, I had several accounts before I came to Siege. And even with an extra character slot I would still keep more than one account active (mainly for housing) and I happen to think that is the key. I think more people have multiple accounts for housing instead of actually needing more characters. When I played on Atlantic and Lake Austin I didn't have 5 characters on each account. I usually only had 1-2 per account. I had the other accounts for housing.

I remember that clearly because I didn't have multiple accounts until they restricted it to one house per account. I think that the actual number of account that get closed will be fairly small.

With the nice changes they are making, plus the addition of more skills (but no more skill points) I think it only fair that we have a bit more room to play with the changes.

I see your point Goron, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives in this case.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And, as I posted previously, this will only DECREASE or maintain the total accounts in UO. People are not likely to say, hey, more char slots~! nice, I want to buy more accounts! No, rather they will consolidate into fewer accounts.
1) Yes you are being selfish, you're saying "I can afford the 17M, I don't want people who can't to have one." Edit: And a poor analogy, Vortex makes a good point, I bet the multiple acct owners have a house for each account to boot?

2) I agree, it will most likely decrease the total accounts in UO, but we're talking by what? A couple hundred TOPS? Because not everyone who has multiple accounts is going to automatically close an account. Maybe they'll fill those other slots.

3) If UO loses a couple hundred accounts [in the scheme of things, .001% if you assume 200k worth of subscribers], but SIEGE GAINS 100 active players [Which is what 100%? 50%? Increase in active players] I see that as an overall win.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 20 years old, living on my own, with expensive hobbies. I don't have 75$ to spend a month on UO accounts. I'd like to have a crafter or PvM char, but it's not worth it to spend 15$ on.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
In my opinion, two characters per account would not draw many if any new players. It would dilute the current players. Speedy would get his crafter and not need Patty's. One step toward self suffunciency...

*sighs* I am just getting old I suppose. I have fought for many changes.
The PBD discrepancy.
Getting rid of blessed items.
many others...

I have never "voted" for something that would change the basic essence of Siege. I am not going to start now. *shakes head*

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that 1 character slot has always been a unique touch of SP......but times change.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*sighs* Oddly enough, I wonder the same thing.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not think this won't bring more people.

If UO is balanced and has things to do for all playstyles... we will see subscriptions increase.

I also think people here will be surprised how much our population increases when things become more fun rather than tedious and give purpose to playing different things.

and:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, I really doubt speedy would make a crafter.

I'm pretty sure he'd rather have a dexer and a mage PvPer (running good gear) rather than sit there and waste 1 slot on a char that makes items.

People play what they enjoy here. I don't know why people think 2 slots will get players to make characters they otherwise wouldn't enjoy as much... as that makes no sense.

The same reason why Speed probably has soul stones but hasn't devoted his time to training/stoning the skills... other stuff is more fun to him.

EDIT: God I think about what if they made hunting worth while... maybe one day having things that have the mods of... spirit of totem but as floppy hat. Things like heart of lion that look like studded tunic... we could customize our looks once again rather than everyone wearing school uniforms...

*drools*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Speedy said just a few posts ago...
I'm 20 years old, living on my own, with expensive hobbies. I don't have 75$ to spend a month on UO accounts. I'd like to have a crafter or PvM char, but it's not worth it to spend 15$ on.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how most of the yes votes come from relative newbies to Siege.

just sayin...la
Been here since day 1 after day 7 and the revert.

It's a unique thing about Siege, but you know what, with Soulstones & multiple accounts, who is really that interdependent these days?

I personally would make a PK char with a 2nd slot, but I certainly don't want my only account to be a red... nor do I want to pay $15/month to train a char that I wouldn't play all the time, but it's nice to have a change.

I think it would bring people in, I very well could be wrong too... I think coupled with the ability to place a house on siege & a normal shard would bring a lot more in though... :)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speedy said just a few posts ago...
I understand that... but if he does make a crafter... then it's because he wanted to.

So ugh... my next questions is why do you not fear other crafters coming here and stealing our crafters business?

**QUICK SHUT THE DOORS TO SIEGE**

The crafters will definitely still be the ones who enjoy, supply and do the crafting.
I believe it's ::no trammel:: that gives Siege it's community.

For sure it's not 1 character slot... And it won't be 2... either.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
When other crafters come from other realms, I will welcome them and assist them the best I can. I hope they will prosper. If Speedy, or who ever wants to be a crafter, fine. Be a crafter, be what ever you want to be.

I want to keep RoT, one character, no insurance, and no Trammel. I want Siege to be Siege.

The two character thing seems popular amoung many here. I still see no real evidence that relaxing our standards(mine anyway) will bring in an influx of new players.

Keep giving it away, and you will have plenty of new players... Just like the prodo shards. Plenty of new... fewer of the old. If that is positive change... *shakes head*

R

Rifanil

just sayin...la
I stopped playing regularly after Pub 16's changes to Siege, but left accounts open and stopped back in for a couple hours every now and again. Started playing again regularly a couple months ago, and started watching the forums here. Not sure what that means for my newb status. I sure feel like a newb sometimes with all the changes that have been made since then.

One character slot is part of what makes Siege Siege. And, yeah, I know that doesn't square well with multiple accounts. But the single character slot is still one of the the unique things about Siege play vs. what other games have to offer. Multiple characters slots just seems like an FFA UO shard, not Siege. But I guess a lot of what made Siege unique is gone already.

No, that's not a "I long for the old days" whine, just a comment. I obviously like what it is today well enough to come back and play. I don't play any free shards and this is the only MMO I'm playing today.

I think Petra's argument for multiple character slots is valid - it's difficult to play a dedicated crafter today on one character, and it will be full out impossible with the new skills. I don't think there's any good answer to that but multiple slots, but I still prefer a single slot.

Heck, I still miss having my equipment repaired at the smithy in Brit, but that's not coming back either. That is an "I miss the old days" whine :)

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck, I still miss having my equipment repaired at the smithy in Brit, but that's not coming back either. That is an "I miss the old days" whine :)
Holy Cow Turds, I forgot ALL about that until you mentioned it.

I remember sitting around Brit Smithy waiting for customers to repair. [My first char was Blacksmith, Miner, Fencing, Tactics, Anat, Healing, Resist] That was a lot of fun, thanks for the reminder.

And a lot of the old Siege is gone, Soulstones have permeated, and while I agree 1 char slot is definitely one of the defining characteristics of Siege, so is No Trammel, inability to sell to vendors and high NPC vendor prices. There are plenty of defining characteristics to Siege, and having 2 char slots instead of 7 will still be a defining characteristic.

And no, I'm not for 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 slots, but 2 would be very nice.

And for all you opposed to 2 slots, think about this: Tamer wars potentially could go bye-bye. As it stands Tamers are GREAT for PvM & PvP currently. So if you have 1 acct and 1 char, Tamer is a great choice. If you had 2 accounts you might see the tamers PvM and make a more classic PvP char.

Not saying it will happen, but it could. . .

M

meridus

I don't play Siege. Why? I'm too lazy. I don't wish to build a new character from scratch. A 2nd Char. slot does nothing to encourage me over to the shard.

And frankly I'm interested.

Now if they allowed me to transfer one character over naked, I'd be there full time for good.

uhm we need a second character slot ages ago. having one character is not what defines siege. The rule set is what defines siege. The fact that there is no insurance defines siege. The fact that there is no tram defines siege. Having but one blessed item defines siege. The only thing a second character slot would is add diversity and maybe a little more fun to the shard.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Folks... If you want two characters per account, cowboy up and say that. It because you want it.

Of the reasons I have seen over the years, one charcater is much lower on the list than housing, RoT, insurance, etc...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks... If you want two characters per account, cowboy up and say that. It because you want it.

Of the reasons I have seen over the years, one charcater is much lower on the list than housing, RoT, insurance, etc...
The devs offered it to us for SA and our poll didn't meet their standards to justify it.

Were looking a gift horse in the mouth...

Doesn't matter where on the list the damn things falls, we should be taking freebies that benefit us... when they are offered.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have voted in your poll. I have said my piece.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would consider a 2nd char slot like 6-7 free soulstones, so yea, um, I'm in :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I would consider a 2nd char slot like 6-7 free soulstones, so yea, um, I'm in :)
I prefer this honesty, over it will bring people here. *nods*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

just sayin...la
I started on day one you the one who is a Siege noob, you first started when the shard was dying, you don't know how fun it was when the shard was healty and full of life.

A second char slot or even 5 char slots won't hurt the shard it will only balance it so players who can't affort 5 accounts like me will give Siege a try.

Siege had changed over the years, we had got some unwanted stuff, private houses with auto ban, instance corpes, lost the good old "grey from looting without looting right", pet bonding, pet balls, instance dungeons, self rez for blue and other stupid trammel stuff that just slipped in.

Old Siege rules
1. No stat loss gone on all shards now
2. No recall
3. No gating in and out of of dungeon.
4. Only one char on an account Give it up
5. Red and grey can't kick/ban from houses. Lost that one and got private houses with auto ban:(
6. Red and grey will clean the ban list in houses, they are friend of, when they use the door. Lost this one too :(
7. NPC vendors take 3X the price for their wares.
8. NPC won't buy your wares
9 Player vendors take 3X fee for working Remove it, not needed
10. The murderer title is gone for good. Think it is on all shards, not sure
11. No bounty system Gone on all shards
12. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain for non resourse using skills. Do still need a tweak
13. No Trammel

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
man, i want a second char slot!!! Where do i go to vote yes?

With a second char slot i can do sooo much ide love it, please vote yes people!!!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put I don't care. One one hand, I like the one char per thing. Keeps crafters in business. On the other hand, everyone had like 3 alts anyway, so if they were wanting to craft they probably already would be.

It could bring in more people, and I would love to build some new characters of course.

But I really don't care either way.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you vote yes. you might as well say good bye to all the play crafters. since there will be no use for them since every one will have them. The reason for multiple accounts is housing. Just add a npc to stitch to Gargoyle.

G

Goron

Hey I've got an idea.
How about 30% of everyone's current gold in their bank, houses, backpack, etc. gets taken away and split amongst all the new players that join Siege in the next 3 months? That would benefit Siege overall! It would encourage new players! I mean, you are evil and selfish if you don't want to lose out on your previous investment of farming gold- you guys said it yourself!
Then those new players can afford to run around and actually play the shard and it will be more fun for all! Hooray!

"Seriously..."

And, quote of the day:
I don't play Siege. Why? I'm too lazy. I don't wish to build a new character from scratch. A 2nd Char. slot does nothing to encourage me over to the shard.

And frankly I'm interested.

Now if they allowed me to transfer one character over naked, I'd be there full time for good.
You are all sitting there saying '2 char slots will bring more people to siege and benefit the shard!' ... really? Why? If people are not coming to siege in the first place, why will two characters all of a sudden bring them over? The excuses everyone on prodo shards give are: "house and ROT". Period. Nothing about characters. At least admit it has nothing to do with new players and it is just 100% your selfish desires for more characters at no cost. "Seriously"

Cuz all of you folks are saying "It will benefit shard because I can make that crafter (or pvper, or pvmer, or beggar, etc.) I always wanted!" How is that bringing more people to the shard? You already play here. How about you go make this poll on uhall but ask it as "If Siege allowed 2 chars/account would that get you to play?" and provide "yes, no, don't know" as responses. Then, and only then, can you start making radical claims that 2 chars/account is the magical key to getting more players. Cuz so far the only ACTUAL proof on that argument comes from Meridus who says 2 chars/account means crap to a non-current siege player.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will admit I have 3 accounts... but the main reason I like Siege is that a Tailor/Smith can become famous on Siege. If every one gets a second slot them most will have a craftsman. Soon all known Craft persons will be out of work.

Heck might as well bring in Insurance and build a Trammel, if you want Seige to be more like the production shards.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heck might as well bring in Insurance and build a Trammel, if you want Seige to be more like the production shards.
Seems as if the cursed and faction arties are doing a good job on bringing this server closer to prodo shards already...

S

shipwrek

great thread.

I really don't think a second character would draw people to SP. Only EA is going to fix that with the new release and MARKETING for the whole game.

What you guys can affect though is keeping people from leaving, by making the shard and the community content unique and fun. I really don't know how much having a second "free" character is going to affect that but I bet most of you already have more than one account.

I would hope that all of you that voted "no", only have one account. Otherwise you just want those with less income to live by the standards you set for them.

I don't know what the right answer is. I voted yes for my own reasons but what I really want is a decision that will keep people playing and enjoying the shard.

BTW, with all this role purity that exists today, anyone know where I can buy copper ingots? Cybernickel seems to be the only one stocked.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hope that all of you that voted "no", only have one account. Otherwise you just want those with less income to live by the standards you set for them.
QFT!!!

To all those that say a second slot will kill crafters....I disagree. First off, it takes alot of time and dedication and storage to do bods. I don't see people making a second crafter just to supply their own runics. Same thing with potions. I have alchemy on a stone. I could just whip up my own kegs to take care of plants, but I don't want to take the time to do that. I would rather buy it off of others.

@Goron- I figured it was only a matter of time before someone turned around and called me selfish for wanting another slot. I can accept that. What you consider an investment, I consider pixels (the orny example). We can agree to disagree on that. Oh, and by the way.... I didn't call you evil! :p

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer this honesty, over it will bring people here. *nods*
You know what I'd prefer? People who make some sense when they give an opinion.

Where do you see the argument for this being centralized around 'it will bring more people here.'

Even though it will bring a few over to Siege... the whole discussion in this thread revolves around how this will benefit the Siege player whether here or considering coming here. And those benefits are much much more than just that.

What I find striking is how the nay-sayers haven't brought to light not ONE single legitimate argument for why we shouldn't support this.

Not one.

Go Figure.

S

Sweeney

I am poor and cannot afford a second account. I am semi-new, only being on Siege for 3-4 months. I voted no.

I like Siege for how it is "commuinty-based", which in reality means player-vendor based. Prices are set by the majority and not by an npc. It is true that as a single account holder, I would not be affected much by a second slot aside from economic concerns. The one character I have is the one I like to be.

But I will say that if a second slot is added, I shall surely use it to make temporary characters for spying purposes, for quest-item obtaining purposes, and for my personal amusement. I can act as fine as any Chuck Norris character, and will bleed you all for what it's worth if I have the extra slot to do so.

PS The only reason non-Siege players would want a 2nd character slot is for resource gathering (this includes crafter armor and such).. they are too scared to only have one personality as is, and would not come to Siege in any case. They want it Trammelized.

PSS I've read that many people would come to Siege with an extra slot, but they are already paying an account fee. I would have to say one of the only reasons Siege is still considered during development is due to it's many subscribers (Which by all testimony would decrease with an additional character). Prodo chars need an extra account for one reason only, extra houses. Siege would lose "Accounts" (Not players) by adding a slot.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's convinced you that UO will lose 'accounts' if we're given an extra character slot?

If players are happier and enjoying their gaming experience, they are more inclined to stay... and give more money.

It's like powerhour, the way people think/thought that they were losing too many subscriptions because characters were being completed in a shorter amount of time. No. The reason why they were losing subscriptions is because trammel killed the end-game in UO, the majority of people got bored when they were done collecting crap, killing mosters, and finished chars.

They win UO and then quit. This is why they thought AOS was such a good idea... it streched out that 'collecting crap, killing monsters, and finished chars' to BFE and beyond. It retained subscriptions... longer.

So what retains subscriptions indefinitely...?

The end-game.

It's been pretty neglected for a LONG time and I'm seeing this Dev team actually come around.

Look. I'm a vet and I've been playing this game for far too long. What keeps me playing? The end-game. I have all the characters, items, things I could ever want/need to just log on and play.

If you don't think there are tons of people looking at what the Devs are doing right now and thinking *cool* then I don't know what to tell you.

Again, I'll say it. Happy players are more inclined to line your pockets with $$...

S

Sweeney

You are mixing in-game issues with character slot issues.

There are absolutely no players that would play siege with 2 character slots that don't already have at least one. If a second slot is added, some of those with multiple accounts would turn that empty slot into a viable character, and (rarely) drop an account being paid for.

My point is, even if it might be a rare occasion that a current player stops paying for an account on Siege due to a new slot opening and training that.. that is surely more money lost than new players coming in. After all, new players can't even join Siege until they are such-and-such hours old. They would be in Trammel anyway. Adding a slot only has a benefit for current players, and has a negative benefit for EA-Mythic (the bottom line).

[edit] I should add that I am against multiple account as it stands, but nothing can be done about it, except watching the stock market tumble![/edit]

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are mixing in-game issues with character slot issues.

There are absolutely no players that would play siege with 2 character slots that don't already have at least one. If a second slot is added, some of those with multiple accounts would turn that empty slot into a viable character, and (rarely) drop an account being paid for.

My point is, even if it might be a rare occasion that a current player stops paying for an account on Siege due to a new slot opening and training that.. that is surely more money lost than new players coming in. After all, new players can't even join Siege until they are such-and-such hours old. They would be in Trammel anyway. Adding a slot only has a benefit for current players, and has a negative benefit for EA-Mythic (the bottom line).

[edit] I should add that I am against multiple account as it stands, but nothing can be done about it, except watching the stock market tumble![/edit]
I guess that's the way you look at it. Doesn't make sense more.

I think where you get confused is that even if not one player joins Siege because of the extra character slot, that doesn't mean that anyone who would join Siege there-after wouldn't experience this is a positive addition enhancing their game play.

*shrugs*

This is a good thing for Siege no matter how you cut it. The only thing you're doing is trying to make it unappealing to EA with their money. That's funny because I see this as adding a bit of kick to the game.

Anywayz,

Players who were otherwise ready to try another game might work on another character.

Powerscrolls from champ spawns would become in much higher demand, making not only active spawns, but action is appealing to people who want to PvP. The monotony of luna might bring some to stay even then.

S

Sweeney

I think where you get confused is that even if not one player joins Siege because of the extra character slot, that doesn't mean that anyone who would join Siege there-after wouldn't experience this is a positive addition enhancing their game play.

*shrugs*

This is a good thing for Siege no matter how you cut it. The only thing you're doing is trying to make it unappealing to EA with their money. That's funny because I see this as adding a bit of kick to the game.

Anywayz,

Players who were otherwise ready to try another game might work on another character.

Powerscrolls from champ spawns would become in much higher demand, making not only active spawns, but action is appealing to people who want to PvP. The monotony of luna might bring some to stay even then.

Siege is not a separate entity as you would hope. It is just a UO shard with slightly different rules.

Adding a bit of kick to the game is not in EA/Mythic's best interest; active, paid accounts are. Seriously they could care less. If care bear slots were added, it wouldn't matter.. EA/Mythic only cares about how many accounts are a) maintained, or b) created. This is business sense and takes no other intelligence to understand.

Players who are otherwise ready to try another game, would not change their mind due to an extra character slot opening up.. They were obviously bored with the game as it was, or they would be still playing. Using this argument is only rehashing the "bring old players back" thread. Again you are mixing arguments.

Powerscroll demand would experience a temporary surge, if the new players you are convinced will come, do come. In the end the markey stagnates anyway.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*shrugs*

Anywayz,

Siege is not a separate entity as you would hope. It is just a UO shard with slightly different rules.

Adding a bit of kick to the game is not in EA/Mythic's best interest; active, paid accounts are. Seriously they could care less. If care bear slots were added, it wouldn't matter.. EA/Mythic only cares about how many accounts are a) maintained, or b) created. This is business sense and takes no other intelligence to understand.

Players who are otherwise ready to try another game, would not change their mind due to an extra character slot opening up.. They were obviously bored with the game as it was, or they would be still playing. Using this argument is only rehashing the "bring old players back" thread. Again you are mixing arguments.

Powerscroll demand would experience a temporary surge, if the new players you are convinced will come, do come. In the end the markey stagnates anyway.
Siege is the community.

If we want something... collectively, then we get it. When a select minority act selfishly and slimy to undercut something for the good of the shard you oft wonder. Do they actually believe the things they're saying or...?

Happy UO players... play UO.

S

Sweeney

Siege is the community.

If we want something... collectively, then we get it. When a select minority act selfishly and slimy to undercut something for the good of the shard you oft wonder. Do they actually believe the things they're saying or...?

Happy UO players... play UO.
That is a self-serving argument. It undercuts nothing for the rest of the shard, as they all knew one character would be their fate. It is my fate and I am content with it.

"For the good of the shard" would entail nerfing GD's (done), adding events to the current lands (not done), reducing current item drop rates (not done), reducing the new faction item properties (not done). Adding a second slot would only add to the current confusion as to the correct balance.

Per your OP topic, you are saying that 2 character slots should be allowed. If EA/Mythic wanted to enforce this, there would be an IP ban on anyone using multiple accounts with the same IP address. As this has never happened and likely never will, one can only assume what I have said, $ talks and **** walks.

A person in such a situation would ONLY want multiple characters for the soulstone advantages. I will admit you may be an antisocial type who only wants his own armor on his own characters, but that is not such a community spirit.

PS I am a happy UO player.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your argument pivots on that EA will lose money because it can't be sucked out of players as much anymore.

My argument pivots on that Players will continue to spend their money on this game, because EA is investing its time and energy into improving their enjoyment of this game.

A stellar argument we're having here.

S

Sweeney

No my argument is based on the premise that nothing substantial will change on Siege if a second slot is added. The only new players we will see will be the ones that were apt to try Siege anyway. The only reason for a second slot would be, as I said, for current players to do their own things. My first post on this topic several months ago said that the only gargoyles I want to see are new players. I stand by this.

You would have a better argument for bringing new players to Siege with the tired "Second house on Siege" method. A second character slot is just selfish.

PS bedtime for me. I look forward to the replies in the morning.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would have a better argument for bringing new players to Siege with the tired "Second house on Siege" method. A second character slot is just selfish.
The Developers came to us and asked if we wanted another Character slot.

The only reason they haven't given it to us yet is because we didn't have enough votes.

How do you know that I don't believe people should have a 'second house on Siege?'

Regardless?The issue at hand is that, since we were offered this... why shouldn't we accept? Your argument that we shouldn't accept it is because we are selfishly supporting something that will benefit not only us (currently) but those who may join later (for whatever reason that may be.)

Dude.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, I think this one is already lost. We had a vote, we didn't have an overwhelming majority (I suspect we needed something akin to 95%). We don't get it.
I think the only thing we can do now is live with it. I wanted the chance to make a 3rd crafter so that I didn't have to plan every thing I do around which skill is on a soulstone. I loathe having to use soulstones!

V

Vo0do0

My brothers and I have invested a lot of time and effort in owning multiple accounts. There would be no reason to keep these activated if they put in a 2nd slot. We spent the time and money to invest in these accounts and to see a 2nd slot on siege would be more like a production shard feeling.

I'm sorry if you don't like EA sucking your dollars. But everyone came on this shard knowing you can only create one character here, and that rule should still be in effect.

For instance, all the people crying about not getting a hooded shroud, blessed sammy helm, etc, well they made it possible to have these items now and changed it. Just because you die on your character, and want to log on another, you want another slot? Come on, if you want to get back into the fight after dieing, you should spend the extra money.

" Vote NO, For Second Character Slot "

This shard is for Vets, Not trammelians "