• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why shouldn't we consider a 2nd char slot?

Seriously?

• Yes, I want a 2nd char slot and it would expand my interest in this shard

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • No I do not want one because this is Siege

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Because it is one of the defining elements of Siege.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't 5 one of the defining elements of other shards?

Times call for thought at this old element.

Benefits of having JUST ONE more character slot could be huge. And it would maintain our sense of 'community' imo

Most all of us have alts and that's never affected it.

The cons are what? It stays the same... when the Pros may mean it could be better?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What are those benefits?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
imo, it means more options.

Potentially... more players. Someone who likes to hunt monsters and craft. They can with 1 account.

With 2 accounts they can do the same thing but with different types of characters.. maybe a bushi archer one day and a tamer the next... and have both crafters needed also to really be a crafter (rather than stoning 1/2 of them.)

Thats a start.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if they said there was a way to move a char from one acct to another then i might consider it...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt they'd go for that... ;)

And if they do nothing... you don't get that anyway so I'm not sure what incentive there would be to even do that.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am the one vote no. Just so you know. *nods*

13, 1 and 1 at this point.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are those benefits?
Petra (and others) already made several good points in other threads about the benefits. I see it as the people with less money to buy SS/accounts have a more even playing field.
Also have they given us an answer about how they are implementing the new Garg race on Siege? I mean if I was understanding the posts this is a char with racial specific abilities....

S

Sweeney

All the more more reason for a race war. Humans vs elves vs gargoyles.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe 2 char slots could give us more SP players and the damage would be minimal.
My vote is a big yes

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am for a 2nd character slot heres why

1. Might bring more people to siege
2. More economy trading because people will need to equip scroll stat out there new guys
3. MORE pvp

end of story, we need 2nd character slot.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm just saying, i have 5 accounts, if they could combine some of them, i would say yes to a 2nd char slot. i really don't want to have to make new chars. i'd rather have them transfer my chars/items(not my house, just put them into decay so i have a few days to move everything i want) to my other accounts, then i could cancel a couple accounts.

i'd even be willing to spend a lil money if thats what it took for them to offer the option of a char transfer if they give us the 2nd char slot

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know several people who's reason for not playing Siege is that they don't want to be restricted to one character type. It's part of the reason I still actively play 2 shards, it's the reason Terry didn't start a character here until we had more than one account between us.

Almost all the people who object to two slots don't have this restriction anyway, they all have multiple accounts.
Just this once I'm going to actually say what I think instead of keeping quiet as I normally do.
I think that blows massive holes in your arguments against it. Just listen to yourselves? 'No you can't have another character, you must limit your play to one template, but I can afford more accounts so I've got 5 choices.'
How would you feel about the idea if only one account was allowed, if everyone could only have one character on the shard, period? Which character would you restrict yourself to playing?

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if that were the case then i would have everything on one account, instead of five. since it's not like that, i spent the time/money on more than one account. gaining another char slot will mean i either ignore the new slots and keep my old chars, or i make remake some chars in the new slots close a few accounts. i really don't want to start making new chars.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know several people who's reason for not playing Siege is that they don't want to be restricted to one character type. It's part of the reason I still actively play 2 shards, it's the reason Terry didn't start a character here until we had more than one account between us.

Almost all the people who object to two slots don't have this restriction anyway, they all have multiple accounts.
Just this once I'm going to actually say what I think instead of keeping quiet as I normally do.
I think that blows massive holes in your arguments against it. Just listen to yourselves? 'No you can't have another character, you must limit your play to one template, but I can afford more accounts so I've got 5 choices.'
How would you feel about the idea if only one account was allowed, if everyone could only have one character on the shard, period? Which character would you restrict yourself to playing?

As a guild leader, I can tell you that most players have multiple accounts long before they ever think about playing Siege. Once they get here and see how fun it is, they usually start a second and third character on those accounts or purchase accounts without giving it a second thought. I can honestly only think of one person in MYTH/TnT that only has one account and uses soulstones to switch up templates. I seriously doubt there are financial reasons behind this, as it seems he has already created his prefered template. The soulstones allow him to make slight changes.

Seriously, if firing up another account is going to cause a real economic pinch for someone, they should probably consider deactivating the first account and spend their money a little more wisely until their situation improves.

Furthermore, most trammelites who give that and other excuses for not playing Siege, give them because they are happy enough where they are. If someone is seriously looking for a change or seriously prefers this playstyle, nothing will stop them.

I'm all for making changes that will help bring players and to help keep things balanced, but this is one I think is pointless. If someone really wants to play here or prefers this playstyle, they will come regardless of character slots.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that housing is the driving force behind multiple accounts across all of UO, not characters. On Siege, getting another character may be the driving force for some but I still think that is probably the minority, especially after soulstones became so easy to obtain.

-Skylark

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted yes for one reason. Soulstones.

Since they are not fixing ROT very well, I think it would be a nice benefit on Siege to have two characters you can switch skills between using soulstones. Especially if they are going to add new races and continue to change skillsets.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that housing is the driving force behind multiple accounts across all of UO, not characters. On Siege, getting another character may be the driving force for some but I still think that is probably the minority, especially after soulstones became so easy to obtain.

-Skylark
I agree, I think allowing a house on Siege and one on another shard would assist more in getting people over, although I think it would have to be regulated so that we just don't get a ton of people who try it once and then leave, but don't demolish the house.

Maybe have some sort of timer that checks for x amount of hours per week played and after 2/3/4 consecutive weeks of not playing x, the house goes into decay.

Also agree with Vortex, since soulstones are here, it would be nice to have another char to x-fer with.

@Kat - Just because you're entire guild doesn't do it, doesn't necessarily make it true for the entire shard. And I might want a second account, I might not *WANT* to afford it. I can justify the $13 monthly fee, but I can't justify $26.00 doesn't mean I'm strapped for the cash, it means I'd rather not pay for a second character. And can you tell me trammy's have multiple accounts before they come to Siege? I can see maybe two, but more than that? Really? Are there that many templates? BoD runners, maybe...?

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote yes because for one, it would be great for my crafter. Having to choose what I may need to stone is a pain when there are so many items that need two skills to create. With more items and skills coming, it would be great to have another crafter on my account to share soulstones with. I have 3 accounts and would not cancel any because I want to keep my houses. I would just like the option of playing different templates.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, I think allowing a house on Siege and one on another shard would assist more in getting people over, although I think it would have to be regulated so that we just don't get a ton of people who try it once and then leave, but don't demolish the house.

Maybe have some sort of timer that checks for x amount of hours per week played and after 2/3/4 consecutive weeks of not playing x, the house goes into decay.

Also agree with Vortex, since soulstones are here, it would be nice to have another char to x-fer with.

@Kat - Just because you're entire guild doesn't do it, doesn't necessarily make it true for the entire shard. And I might want a second account, I might not *WANT* to afford it. I can justify the $13 monthly fee, but I can't justify $26.00 doesn't mean I'm strapped for the cash, it means I'd rather not pay for a second character. And can you tell me trammy's have multiple accounts before they come to Siege? I can see maybe two, but more than that? Really? Are there that many templates? BoD runners, maybe...?
There's no need to get all snippy. I offered my guild as an example, not gospel. I guess you missed the part where I said some buy accounts too? In any case, take a look at the number of characters we have guilded to TnT/Myth. Although KoC likes to claim we have 400 members on each night, we don't have anywhere NEAR the number of players that UO.com shows. Not even close. I expect the same probably holds true for GIL and KoC.

And yes, "Trammy's" can and many do have multiple accounts before coming to Siege. I was a full fledged "Trammy" when I got here 3+ years ago. I had 3 accounts, which has grown to 5, 2 of which are sometimes inactive. I have never had a BoD runner, on Siege or otherwise. :)

G

Goron

if they said there was a way to move a char from one acct to another then i might consider it...
qft.
And your other post later down too. I have 6 active accounts because I have six characters I run. I have no desire to rebuild those characters again so that I can reduce my current accounts. As such, I have no need for more character slots. If I can transfer characters from one account to another, then I'm all for it, but otherwise I give a big :thumbdown:

G

Goron

by the way, your poll is biased.
I couldn't care less that this is siege, I still say no tho...

You should have had: yes, no, don't care.
Rather, as it is now you are inserting your own agenda into the results.
lrn2survey.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
by the way, your poll is biased.
I couldn't care less that this is siege, I still say no tho...

You should have had: yes, no, don't care.
Rather, as it is now you are inserting your own agenda into the results.
lrn2survey.

*chuckles*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Debate the topic here folks... Not the people. *folds arms*

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no need to get all snippy. I offered my guild as an example, not gospel. I guess you missed the part where I said some buy accounts too? In any case, take a look at the number of characters we have guilded to TnT/Myth. Although KoC likes to claim we have 400 members on each night, we don't have anywhere NEAR the number of players that UO.com shows. Not even close. I expect the same probably holds true for GIL and KoC.

And yes, "Trammy's" can and many do have multiple accounts before coming to Siege. I was a full fledged "Trammy" when I got here 3+ years ago. I had 3 accounts, which has grown to 5, 2 of which are sometimes inactive. I have never had a BoD runner, on Siege or otherwise. :)
There's also no need to get all judgmental on people who choose to afford only 1 account and offer them your financial advice. When I came to Siege when it first started 8+ years ago I was a full fledged Trammy and only had 1 account. *shrugs* It grew to at one point about 5 accounts and then has gone up & down since then.

And I guessed you missed the part where I never disputed that people have multiple accounts on Siege, I was just questioning if your insinuation that MOST people show up with multiple accounts already was truly that accurate. So maybe you meant to say this:

As a guild leader most people in MY guild showed up with multiple accounts in hand. Instead of :

As a guild leader, I can tell you that most players have multiple accounts long before they ever think about playing Siege.
Edit: And I think having 2 char slots will help bring people here because someone who just has 1 account may want to play a PK & a Bluebie or what-ever combination, crafter & farmer, but may not be interested in owning a second account to do so when they have 7(?) now choices to do so on a home shard and have that option for multiple play options.

E

Elmer Fudd

May Sound kinda weird, But I always thought it would be awsome if they would let us place Keeps and Castles anywhere on the shard.....Man that would be Great, lets take a vote on that...lol

Seriously, wouldnt that be awsome

E

Elmer Fudd

As a guild leader most people in MY guild showed up with multiple accounts in hand. Instead of :
Even though I agree with you Hera, be very careful, your debating kat, and you know who is watching, the thread might abruptly stop....be careful, the rules apply to you and I remember that just for FYI cause you seem like a logical normal stand up person.....:spider:

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
qft.
And your other post later down too. I have 6 active accounts because I have six characters I run. I have no desire to rebuild those characters again so that I can reduce my current accounts. As such, I have no need for more character slots. If I can transfer characters from one account to another, then I'm all for it, but otherwise I give a big :thumbdown:
I'd be all for that, but I bet they'd never do it based on the fact they'd lose the revenue from those accounts. [Unless the account was sold off].

Or at least they'd get to keep the revenue from that account until you 'finished' your 2nd slot char.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
if that were the case then i would have everything on one account, instead of five. since it's not like that, i spent the time/money on more than one account. gaining another char slot will mean i either ignore the new slots and keep my old chars, or i make remake some chars in the new slots close a few accounts. i really don't want to start making new chars.
I do have 5 accounts. I don't think a second char slot would make me close down any of them, mainly because it would mean I would have to take down one or two of my houses.

I have:
- A guild keep on Freja - red archer - Maybe a PvP/PvM char more
- My mining house on Tina Tink - multi crafter with soulstones so a second char would be a crafter too sharing the stones.
- The shop on Red Rose - tamer in training - no plane for a second char
- My keep on Rosalia, my alchemist, cook, scriber, mage - no need for a second char right now
- A house I could take down but then I know I will place somewhere else - Ninja stealther - not sure about a second char.

First 4 chars/accounts had never been closed, last one had been on and off, doubt that would changes.

I really would love to see more players on Siege and yes, more chars will make players more active, training skills and hunting for PS.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Even though I agree with you Hera, be very careful, your debating kat, and you know who is watching, the thread might abruptly stop....be careful, the rules apply to you and I remember that just for FYI cause you seem like a logical normal stand up person.....:spider:
*smiles* What are you suggesting Fudd?

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno, maybe he meant that when someone tells someone to lrn2survey and you *chuckle* like an idiot, then in the very next post you say debate the topic not the people? If Goron wants a better survey could he himself not lrn2survey rather than be negative and make fun of someone else's attempt?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You got all of that out of a chuckle? Try this then...
*smiles*

M

Mogluk

*ahem*

personal attacks (ie calling someone an idiot) will not be tolerated.

M

Mogluk

yes we could get into the general use of prepositional phrases and semantical arguements, but I won't.

H

Hungry Cheetah

I would like a 2nd slot because having multiple subscriptions can get pretty expensive. Not that I do but, It would be fun to have some extra options on characters to play without having to have a 2nd account.

G

Goron

Dunno, maybe he meant that when someone tells someone to lrn2survey and you *chuckle* like an idiot, then in the very next post you say debate the topic not the people? If Goron wants a better survey could he himself not lrn2survey rather than be negative and make fun of someone else's attempt?
I'm sorry, I never intended to make fun of his survey. My intent was completely focused around showing that his survey is biased and has leading responses and that he should learn to create fair and unbiased surveys. If you felt that my indicating his survey is biased is the same as making fun of him than I apologize to you too for that.

I was hoping my first post would indicate that I have a vested interest in this subject and would indicate that my second post was not a flame or troll. But I guess you have a different view of things than me.
Luckily Petra, Mo, Kelmo, and Vortex are ALL in TnT so I can say what I want tho huh? Oh.. wait a minute... none of them are... hmm...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
qft.
I'm glad you and Ru are in the same boat because it's sinking.

On one hand you suggest we keep what we currently have (you having 5 accounts and paying for them.)

On the other hand, you don't want to have the option to condense them yourself or expand on what you already have... unless it's done for you (selfishly.)

So to make a long story short, and to sum up your position: I should of asked for a bag with 125 uncursed orny's in it (just for me and no one else) otherwise I'll just be a spoiled sport and go against something that would be cool for everyone because I won't get my bag of ornys...

Thanks.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously.
Seriously BlacK RaiN,

If the developers thought that players of Siege Perilous need more than one
character per account then they <devs> will make Siege Perilous the same
as the other shards and give Siege Perilous five or six slots!

Why just two characters, why not five or six?

Now that will not hurt the Community of Siege Perilous either!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four things that I've come to a conclusion on:

1. People on other shards have often years of items, friends and work that they have devoted themselves to as well as multiple characters they enjoy playing... even if Siege is a ruleset they'd prefer. That is A LOT to convince someone to just 'leave behind' all that for something like this which seems is TOO restricting in terms of opportunity. Offering the opportunity to build something *similar* rather than forcing them to sacrifice it all and choose only one of many is more enticing to someone than the latter.

2. People have soul stones and enjoy playing more than one template as it is...

3. A lot of players here have multiple accounts and alts already on this shard and it hasn't negatively impacted our community. Adding 1 more character slot will not lead to the ambiguity of having 5-7 character slots.

4. With the way RoT works and the time it takes to make a character... there are people who come here and make characters they may not necessarily enjoy as much. With 2 character slots, they don't have to completely start over if they don't *love* what they are doing, but can work up a second char simultaneously and experiment with what they'd like... which would lead to retaining more players.

Good day.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously.
Seriously BlacK RaiN,

If the developers thought that players of Siege Perilous need more than one
character per account then they <devs> will make Siege Perilous the same
as the other shards and give Siege Perilous five or six slots!

Why just two characters, why not five or six?

Now that will not hurt the Community of Siege Perilous either!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Why just two?

Because we already go after what this would offer us with soul stones and multiple accounts which in and of itself limits to the number of characters we play... and I'm not saying forgo limits, but we should adjust them so they fall in line with the best interests of our shard.

After all there was a reason to limiting the number of characters on this shard. It does promote a sense of community. I'm looking at this objectively... and having one character slot has more short-comings to it than having two character slots... going above that number though... I can't say the same would apply... so I can't support it.

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many of you honestly have one acct... i would guess out of everyone here thats posted none.... but i maybe off by what one? I myself have only one acct.... i only have one character.... and i will tell you that having a second character would definately improve my gameplay here.... that would allow for me to make a crafter? maybe i dont think so.... that would allow me to make a true pvper so i can join in the massive battles with everyone here.... but most importantly it will provide some options.... people love options.... especially if it doesnt cost them extra..... that is what it comes down to......

G

Goron

?
gross misuse of that phrase buddy. How is our situation (having an opinion) being changed under our feet (boat sinking)? Whether we get 2 char slots or not our boat will still be sailing along just fine...

but hey, I guess its hard for you to admit some people may have different opinions than your own so you think EVERYONE must have the same opinion as you... that's makes your personality a... 2? on Maslow's scale. Don't worry, most people eventually mature to higher levels, be patient.

but hey, at least look on the bright side, when we have 2 character slots you can say "haha" to me... ... I wouldn't hold my breath though.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why just two?

Because we already go after what this would offer us with soul stones and multiple accounts which in and of itself limits to the number of characters we play... and I'm not saying forgo limits, but we should adjust them so they fall in line with the best interests of our shard.

After all there was a reason to limiting the number of characters on this shard. It does promote a sense of community. I'm looking at this objectively... and having one character slot has more short-comings to it than having two character slots... going above that number though... I can't say the same would apply... so I can't support it.
The developers may look at it this: I give you your 2nd character slot by giving
you five or six slots, a much improved service to players of Siege Perilous.
It also equalizes the problem of those with vs without Soulstones.

By the way, limiting the number of characters on Siege Perilous does not
have anything to do with promoting a sense of community, player behavior
does.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
?
gross misuse of that phrase buddy. How is our situation (having an opinion) being changed under our feet (boat sinking)? Whether we get 2 char slots or not our boat will still be sailing along just fine...

but hey, I guess its hard for you to admit some people may have different opinions than your own so you think EVERYONE must have the same opinion as you... that's makes your personality a... 2? on Maslow's scale. Don't worry, most people eventually mature to higher levels, be patient.

but hey, at least look on the bright side, when we have 2 character slots you can say "haha" to me... ... I wouldn't hold my breath though.
Look. I get that you have an opinion... and that's cool because you should have voted in the poll.

What you're missing, is that your opinion is self destructive.

If we actually got a 2nd character slot, you would still have the characters/stuff you have right now... you lose nothing. You just are given the opportunity to get and/or have... more.

G

Goron

Look. I get that you have an opinion... and that's cool because you should have voted in the poll.
Not necessarily, by voting No your poll implies that I voted so 'because this is siege'. That's not why I say No. I say no because I am lazy and multiple chars per account will decrease UO's subscription numbers which will decrease the resources devoted to the game.... I say NO to increasing chars per account on produ shards too... it ha snothign to do with siege.

If we actually got a 2nd character slot, you would still have the characters/stuff you have right now... you lose nothing. You just are given the opportunity to get and/or have... more.
Not true at all. I do lose something, I am now paying for 3x the number of accounts I need. I now have the potential to have all 6 of my characters in only three accounts, so i will essentially be over paying by default. And since I have no desire to rebuild my characters and consolidate into 3 accounts I will remain in a lose situation.

As for the people that are willing to rebuild characters and consolidate accounts, that just makes them more likely to shut down the old accounts and save money- that will ultimately decrease subscriptions for UO which will lead to a decrease in funding to improve the game...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not necessarily, by voting No your poll implies that I voted so 'because this is siege'. That's not why I say No. I say no because I am lazy and multiple chars per account will decrease UO's subscription numbers which will decrease the resources devoted to the game.... I say NO to increasing chars per account on produ shards too... it ha snothign to do with siege.

Not true at all. I do lose something, I am now paying for 3x the number of accounts I need. I now have the potential to have all 6 of my characters in only three accounts, so i will essentially be over paying by default. And since I have no desire to rebuild my characters and consolidate into 3 accounts I will remain in a lose situation.

As for the people that are willing to rebuild characters and consolidate accounts, that just makes them more likely to shut down the old accounts and save money- that will ultimately decrease subscriptions for UO which will lead to a decrease in funding to improve the game...
3 things and then I'm done banging my head against a brick wall.

1. This is Siege and the reason things are the way it is... is because this is Siege. Voting a 'no' means you want this to remain the current 'Siege.'

2. You are paying for those accounts that way right now. So just continue to pay for them... like you would if this wouldn't go through.

3. Id rather have more people satisfied with their gaming experience in UO because that always lines the pockets with $$ more and more often than coercing people into purchasing stuff they don't *really* want.

Bye.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm just saying, i have 5 accounts, if they could combine some of them, i would say yes to a 2nd char slot. i really don't want to have to make new chars. i'd rather have them transfer my chars/items(not my house, just put them into decay so i have a few days to move everything i want) to my other accounts, then i could cancel a couple accounts.

i'd even be willing to spend a lil money if thats what it took for them to offer the option of a char transfer if they give us the 2nd char slot
So, let me make sure I understand this. Because YOU have 5 accounts and YOU don't want to make new chars on a second slot you are voting NO to a second slot? That is just selfish. Not everyone has 5 accounts. Not everyone wants/is able to pay for more than one account. Think of the whole shard, please.

I vote for a second slot.

P.S. I usually read the whole thread before I post, but did not in this case. Now, that I have read the entire thing, I actually agree with Black Rain!! To vote no to a second slot bc YOU don't want to rework chars is selfish. I could vote NO bc I have tons of soulstones and could make Patty any template I wanted, but I am trying to think of the whole shard.

Sorry, I had a bad day at work today and feel like speaking my mind. :cursing: