Why build like this way?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
This is a Naj. The other screens make sense.

upload_2017-11-28_18-51-40.png

Looks like they wanted a smart snake instead of a Jock.

upload_2017-11-28_18-53-42.png

They went AI, Vicious, Disease. Then took off poison for pierce.

The abilities would be fine. But, doesn't that 231 STR make it do very little damage?

Maybe a PvP build?

They have it scrolled with 110s and 115s.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oct 17, 2014
looks like a pvp build, the pet damage isnt as important, it's the abilties/tools of the pet.

Reactions: Pawain

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
looks like a pvp build, the pet damage isnt as important, it's the abilties/tools of the pet.
Good. just making sure. The dex is pretty high. And I suppose they are after mana regen.

I have wondered why you dont hear much about Najs in PvP. They seem to move pretty fast.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I wonder how much of that actually works, it doesn't seem to adhere to the rule:
You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:
  • 1 magical ability
  • 1 special ability
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 area effect
Animal Training – Ultima Online

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior
I wonder how much of that actually works, it doesn't seem to adhere to the rule:
Animal Training – Ultima Online
They start with poison only. Thats the one magic.

you can choose 2 other things from the list.

They chose an area. EoD
They chose an ability. Vicious bite.

That fits requirements.

Now they looked at the magic ability and changed it to Piercing.

Piercing
Trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore, and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Pierce & Thrust mastery abilities.

They got 3 special moves that cost 500 points. Individually they only worth 300.

Thats why we tell people to choose from the bottom up.

If they chose piercing first, then they would get no more choices.

Reactions: SwordofExcalibur

Fargrist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
Did it still have Poisoning skill listed on its skill list after changing the Magical Ability? Not sure how that works. Does it remove it, or does the skill not gain any more?

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oct 9, 2017
Oklahoma
From what I have read in the forums thus far, you can only have one magical ability on a pet, ever, and it will overwrite whatever is the current magical ability on the pet at the time. I haven't seen anything else mentioned about keeping multiple magical abilities.