• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who is interested in standing as one voice ?

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm I note that you keep popping in and answering where necessary. Can we get your thoughts on whats been posted here? Is that even allowed?
Hey Kayne,
Yea, they'd probably let me answer this, but the things I would have to say on this topic would probably get me in the hot seat with lots of people. This is one of those topics that is wiser for me to just be quiet on.

Thanks for asking though!

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think as you said they would "let " you answer...

As long as you state this was a personal opinion and not one of the company there wouldn't be a problem and if there was... why would they put you in a hot seat.. because you said the truth about your feelings?
I think if that is the case you should be saying to them... "The players are unhappy and this is what they want.. lets see what we can do?"
Ohh, no, I didn't mean necessarily EA would put me in a hot seat. What I meant to imply was that anything I had to say on the topic could most likely be interpreted negatively by *anyone* reading it.

My pespective on player/ Dev communication I have made very clear, so there's really not much more I have to say on the subject. Thus the "I'm not going to voice my opinion."

I believe my stance was given legitimacy given that my not giving an opinion led some folks to believe that somehow I was giving one - which lacks all measure of logic. I defy you to read my mind.

@Tabbitha - I've been pretty active on these boards for the last couple of months, I just don't generally comment on non-art related conversations. No worries on the turn of phrase, I just wanted to make sure nobody thought I'd flown the coop.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second that! I also ask when do we get our Higher Res. CC as well!!!

Hmm, fine line here. This is falls under "Upcoming Stuff" which I have to be rather tight lipped about. I don't have much say in what information gets released about upcoming things, but I can say that we've been working on a lot of stuff. Some of which you're enjoying now, some which you will enjoy around Halloween, and some of which you will enjoy at a later time.

Kinda on the weak side, but hope that suffices for now.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm thats exactly the kind of communication that we gripe about. You gave us information that basically said "we're working on it be patient"
The fact you gave us the good old "upcoming stuff" line instead of silence is brilliant.
Well, and that's the thing, I don't like giving canned answers, but there is subject matter that I have a professional responsibility to protect. Sadly, sometimes that means I have to post that I can't really answer your question. It's no fun for me, but that's how most companies roll.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm,

Reading this seems to imply that the CC will be getting a high rez update along with the EC.

People cried about the "accidental" inclusion of an EC sheep in the CC... They will cry over pretty much any art overhaul to the CC...
Negative. No high res update for the CC.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you are being talkative Grimm...

I'd like to ask you to please pretty please fix the Gargish robes... They currently look hideously ugly on the paperdoll... Ingame on my character they don't look too bad but on the paperdoll it's the most hideous looking burlap bag sort of thing I've ever seen... And Deathrobes don't even have any form at all on Gargoyles..... least wise not on the paperdoll.....

I also noticed from making many characters on test lately that while making a gargoyle the paperdoll there has a VERY awesome looking robe up until you change your skillset... then it turns to the hideously ugly burlap bag... gray looking thing...
Well, I'll ad this to my todo list. I'm not working on animations in that respect as the moment, but if the opportunity arises, I'll see about getting approval.

.. and yea, I've been REALLY chatty, huh?

Cheers,
Grimm