• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who is interested in a Public Harrower here on LS? (Trammel Players!!)

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's an idea, start another thread with a title something along the lines of "Public Harrower" and ask for participation. Most people unfortunately see the pvp thread title and never even read it. I think you would get more feedback that way.
Taking Shamus' advice; I am posting this thread. Any LS Trammel guilds that want to participate in the public harrower, message here, or feel free to PM me. Heck, if you dont have a guild, feel free to. Of course any&all reporters are welcomed too! Maybe even get the EMs to participate or just come to hang out and watch.

We just need to know when a good time is; and such. We wont even be killing it; we are just there to direct/supervise you guys if you need it; and protect you or whatever.

Just let me know guys. Any and all feedback would be awesome. :thumbsup:

PS: My name is Lox (Tyrannize and/or Loximous on LS) and I am one of the GM's of the "Fallen Legacy" [RUHO] guild here on LS for those of you who dont know me! :)

The other GMs for future reference are:

1. Broli/Turles/Carnage
2. Deacon/Tool
3. KengoSamurai Pie/Konjiki Ashisogi
4. Rathma/Wanderer

S

Shotgun

Ill still support the public harrower even though my guild is pretty much disbanded now ( wont event go into that) but ill help in any way i can. i do still have an oaks skull and i think a full set except for Mephitis skull that i will donate for the public harrower.

I have you on icq so you can message me whenever you work out the details and ill keep checking back here.

If anyone that is interested in doing it has any questions about what templates, gear, supplies etc. to bring please dont be afraid to ask. im sure either lox or someone else can answer any questions you have about doing a harrower.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll put up the meph skull, and any others besides oaks you need. Consider it my small contribution to a worthy cause.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its only insurance :) i'm in.

If anyone that is interested in doing it has any questions about what templates, gear, supplies etc. to bring please dont be afraid to ask. im sure either lox or someone else can answer any questions you have about doing a harrower.

Good Point!

S

Shotgun

well if it is anything like the one we did on catskills i dont think any of them died because there was so many people it dropped very fast. ill try to find the screenshots of it and get them posted here

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With greater dragons and spellweaving a harrower is crazy easy now... with the right template it can be done with 3 people in less than 30 minutes.

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope a lot of people take you guys up this generous offer. Thanks to all who are going out of their way to make this happen :).

Vepl

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People whom are interested; please dont be shy!

Voice your opinions, whether you'd like to, maybe you dont want to? Why not?

For those interested, let me (us) know what days would be good and/or a time frame!

(Example: Tuesdays/Thursdays from 7pm-11pm EST)
[This isnt real; just showing an example] :D

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Depending on day and time... pick me !!! A few other folks in my alliance would want to participate in such an adventure as well.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what we should do is the people who are organizing it get together, and pick a date. I can then have it posted here as an LS event. We then pick a meeting place, and everyone who shows up at the agreed upon time will be gated to wherever the harry pops, once someone positions him (do we really even need to do that?)

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what we should do is the people who are organizing it get together, and pick a date. I can then have it posted here as an LS event. We then pick a meeting place, and everyone who shows up at the agreed upon time will be gated to wherever the harry pops, once someone positions him (do we really even need to do that?)
Usually you need to; depending on the dungeon. The tentacles can get really crazy if you do it in a very enclosed space hehe.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done one in fire where we stopped him on the rope. When the true popped all the tents were below us, couldnt target em and the entire harry sucked very badly! Took us 45 minutes with 8 tamers to kill it...

O

Omega Blue

I'm game for whenever, it's been a long time since i've done one and i'll gladly help out with Shamus and J.B.

J

Jazmyn~Dawn

I'll be there to help. Come on guys spread the word of this possibility!!! Thanks for helping the community!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill decide sometime when I get a little more feedback from the player base.

Like I know personally (me) I cant get on until 10pm EST. But I know if several people would like it before then, then it's np and my guild could run it just fine.

Anyone that interested; if at all possible could you post times you would be open, even a simple "ANYTIME YOU SAY!" will do!! :p

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we will aim @ this sunday (August 1st, 2009) for the Public Harrower. We will place it around 10:15-10:30ish PM EST. Feel free to come earlier.

If you have no idea what a harrower is, how it works, how to kill it, etc.. or need some help or ideas or anything, feel free to post here!! Don't be shy. We are here to help =]

R

RichDC

I think we will aim @ this sunday (August 1st, 2009) for the Public Harrower. We will place it around 10:15-10:30ish PM EST. Feel free to come earlier.

If you have no idea what a harrower is, how it works, how to kill it, etc.. or need some help or ideas or anything, feel free to post here!! Don't be shy. We are here to help =]
I dont play the shard and wish you the best of luck.

However, dont you think that 10pm on a sunday is a bad idea? What with work and all Monday mornings. Just a thought.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont play the shard and wish you the best of luck.

However, dont you think that 10pm on a sunday is a bad idea? What with work and all Monday mornings. Just a thought.

Agreed. I also work for a living. Plus, that cuts into my TV time... gotta catch the second half of "The Storm" on NBC

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bombastic Fail/Lox RuHo Guild

I have heard your guild spawns harrowers and leaves it, in hope that poeple try to do it just for a fight.

Now are your intentions to teach people how to do a harrow in hopes they will try to do them for a later fight? (Which is ok with me)

Or are your intentions to get a bunch of Blues (Noobs as you reds call us) in Fel and wack us during the harrow? (Which is not ok with me).

Now obvisouly you are not going to admit that you are going to wack us during the harrow but i just want to get your answer on the boards.

Thanks,
J.B.

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have heard your guild spawns harrowers and leaves it, in hope that poeple try to do it just for a fight.

Now are your intentions to teach people how to do a harrow in hopes they will try to do them for a later fight? (Which is ok with me)

Or are your intentions to get a bunch of Blues (Noobs as you reds call us) in Fel and wack us during the harrow? (Which is not ok with me).

Now obvisouly you are not going to admit that you are going to wack us during the harrow but i just want to get your answer on the boards.

Thanks,
J.B.
J.B. I don't think wacking blues is their intention. I have been to a few Fel events. Not a one them was lure, to get a bunch of blues in one place to kill them. Doesn't mean another player didn't try to take advantage of it. BUT the hosting group took care of the player and then offered to repay those who had been killed by him.

You will find like every where else you look. There are a lot of red players who have a honest (relative) reputation and want to keep it that way. We also have some blues that should be perma banned to Fel. That way they would get what they deserve but can't in Trammel.

I believe these guys are trying to do a good thing. Let's wait and see what happens first. No need to worry over something that may never happen :) .

Vepl

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe these guys are trying to do a good thing. Let's wait and see what happens first. No need to worry over something that may never happen :) .

Vepl

Indeed nothing to worry about, even if it does happen they make a wonderful thing called inurance.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. I also work for a living. Plus, that cuts into my TV time... gotta catch the second half of "The Storm" on NBC
Well, I didnt wanna make it too early (west coast people) and i didnt wanna make it too late (east coast). perhaps if there are suggestions we can change it (quickly though; because the days are coming soon!) or perhaps do another at an earlier time?

As before; suggestions & comments are welcomed! :D

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks,
J.B.
No bud, not at all. Actually, if the blues/trammies would like, we wont even attack the harry. Its specifically for you guys' amusment/entertainment. If you need help and/or advice or have problems with people coming and bothering you, that's where we come in to assist.

I'm not sure who you heard this from, but I can say it is false (as far as anytime time "I" myself have/has ever been online, bc i dont want to lie if its happened in the past).

But to answer your question, no this isnt a ploy to lure trammies in for a big killing. If anything, its to show people were aren't big "A-holes" like everyone makes all pvpers out to be, ya know? Maybe even make some friends in the process!! =]

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
J.B. I don't think wacking blues is their intention. I have been to a few Fel events. Not a one them was lure, to get a bunch of blues in one place to kill them. Doesn't mean another player didn't try to take advantage of it. BUT the hosting group took care of the player and then offered to repay those who had been killed by him.

You will find like every where else you look. There are a lot of red players who have a honest (relative) reputation and want to keep it that way. We also have some blues that should be perma banned to Fel. That way they would get what they deserve but can't in Trammel.

Vepl

Thanks for having trust in us Vepl. Hope your coming to the harrower =]

PS: Anyone that IS ABLE TO COME ON SUNDAY, Please let it be known here, so we know if SUNDAY at 10ish PM is a bad time or not

PSS: If things go smoothly, we will be sure to host more of these :)

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No bud, not at all. Actually, if the blues/trammies would like, we wont even attack the harry. Its specifically for you guys' amusment/entertainment. If you need help and/or advice or have problems with people coming and bothering you, that's where we come in to assist.

I'm not sure who you heard this from, but I can say it is false (as far as anytime time "I" myself have/has ever been online, bc i dont want to lie if its happened in the past).

But to answer your question, no this isnt a ploy to lure trammies in for a big killing. If anything, its to show people were aren't big "A-holes" like everyone makes all pvpers out to be, ya know? Maybe even make some friends in the process!! =]

Heh, he called me Bud :D I am game for making new friends.

O

Omega Blue

I honestly think a saturday or friday may be best for people. Also if you display the harrower in towns you may get some more people that evening. You may attract some other pvpers but that's what you guys are there for to protect the trammies. I just think fridays and saturday evenings work best for those who have jobs. Most people have weekday jobs and therefor Saturdays and Sundays will be their off days so they can play during the late evening hours.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For now; it will stay on sunday. Perhaps, if we can get 5-10 people to definately go, we can do an Oaks, then a Harry right after next week, so at least people can participate in one or the other (or both!) if possible, seeing how this one goes =]

Also, if someone (I was told some of the stratics reporter's might know some of the EM's emails or such?) could get ahold of one or two of the EMs to come sunday, that would be awesome! Get back to me on that too!

Anyways, it should be fun regardless! :danceb::thumbsup:

J

Jazmyn~Dawn

VepL, do you still play?? Haven't heard from you in a while.

A

AmdusciasLS

Okay! So here is the game plan. Everyone wanting to participate is going to meet up at Britain Bank West. Once we pop the Harrower we will locate which dungeon it is at then start gating everyone in. Once we have everyone in the front of the dungeon we are going to have protectors there making sure every single person gets protected, that will make sure everyone gets the maximum amount of scrolls possible. After that is complete everyone will who will be attacking the Harrower can run in and go at it! We will have reds outside the dungeon from the RUHO CoM faction guild making sure everything goes smoothly. If you are coming to the Harrower on a faction character please let us know ahead of time so there is no mix up with accidental attacks. Other then that hope to see everyone there I'm sure we will all have a lot of fun!

J

Jazmyn~Dawn

Okay! So here is the game plan. Everyone wanting to participate is going to meet up at Britain Bank West. Once we pop the Harrower we will locate which dungeon it is at then start gating everyone in. Once we have everyone in the front of the dungeon we are going to have protectors there making sure every single person gets protected, that will make sure everyone gets the maximum amount of scrolls possible. After that is complete everyone will who will be attacking the Harrower can run in and go at it! We will have reds outside the dungeon from the RUHO CoM faction guild making sure everything goes smoothly. If you are coming to the Harrower on a faction character please let us know ahead of time so there is no mix up with accidental attacks. Other then that hope to see everyone there I'm sure we will all have a lot of fun!
We are also going to try to have someone gating from Luna.

Also some helpful hints, Be sure to limit any area spells especially if you have any reds or "oranges" on the screen. Be sure your weapon doesn't have a hit area spell if reds are around as well. If you accidently attack someone immediately tab out and/or invis yourself. Once you are in the room with the harrower drop some aids, pots, w/e resources you need on the ground away from the Harrower b/c if it kills you she blows up. your body.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday 10pm is late for me. Gotta work early Monday.
Fri & Sat would've been ideal.
Just my thoughs.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*jumps up and down*

PICK ME PICK ME!!!! ohhhhh, wait.... I will be there!!!! 10 PM Sunday. I will bring Aranel and heal/rez!

VEPL!!!!!! Say the word and you are welcome to use one of my accounts.... I've missed ya! You should still have me on ICQ..........if not PM me!

ok, sorry, I had too much coffee already...... *removes several exclamation points*

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might of missed this somewhere but 10 PM Eastren or Central?

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had all intentions on comming to the Public Harrower, but work called and i have to be at work real early in the morning.

Please post here and tell me how it went.

I will be reminding my guild and friends in vent.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I don't know about anyone else but I had WAY TOO MUCH FUN!

Now granted I missed a good part of the happenings due to being *coughs* LOST ... a common and recurring condition for me... but I had fun getting my TB orange through the fields of the defenders and actually into the midst of the harrower.

I have to give special thanks to the following:

**The organizers and defenders of this event. Next time I will get a direct communication method so I can tell you two "extra" TB orange will be showing up :) ... At one point I popped out and used the "stratics card" saying... Don't attack... I'm Stratics.... or something like that and casually mentioned I would never get through all those fields without a trap box. About 6 or more boxes showed up at my feet almost instantly and after playing "turn the box" for a good two minutes the fields had dropped and I didn't need the blessed thing... *sigh* ... but you all did a nice job of defending [RUHO], rezzing, etc. Thank you!

**Thanks to the LS community that "braved" the event. I sure had fun, even getting lost was an adventure!

**Thanks to the party responsible for sending in a few tough pirates at the end. That was a surprise for many!

**Thanks to my TB friends from Great Lakes who jumped on completely unfinished (one had 50 archery) chars with no supplies, newbie armor, died to oj in Brit before they even got started, went to the Harry in loss, died some more and had fun doing it!!! I don't think I have laughed that much in vent in weeks!

I sure hope we do this again! Mainly so I can get it all on "tape" and in a better format. But, here it is for better or worse, the portion of the Harrower I actually got too ;)

http://www.vimeo.com/5902724

My apologies for missing a portion (a good part when most everyone died!) of the event and the quality of the video. I'll keep working on it until I get it right... Guess that means we need more Harrowers so I can practice :)

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to say thanx a bunch [RUHO] tonight was alot of fun. I didn't get pictures or anything like that, but I had more fun than I have had in a while :)

S

Shotgun

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I had WAY TOO MUCH FUN!

Now granted I missed a good part of the happenings due to being *coughs* LOST ... a common and recurring condition for me... but I had fun getting my TB orange through the fields of the defenders and actually into the midst of the harrower.

I have to give special thanks to the following:

**The organizers and defenders of this event. Next time I will get a direct communication method so I can tell you two "extra" TB orange will be showing up :) ... At one point I popped out and used the "stratics card" saying... Don't attack... I'm Stratics.... or something like that and casually mentioned I would never get through all those fields without a trap box. About 6 or more boxes showed up at my feet almost instantly and after playing "turn the box" for a good two minutes the fields had dropped and I didn't need the blessed thing... *sigh* ... but you all did a nice job of defending [RUHO], rezzing, etc. Thank you!

**Thanks to the LS community that "braved" the event. I sure had fun, even getting lost was an adventure!

**Thanks to the party responsible for sending in a few tough pirates at the end. That was a surprise for many!

**Thanks to my TB friends from Great Lakes who jumped on completely unfinished (one had 50 archery) chars with no supplies, newbie armor, died to oj in Brit before they even got started, went to the Harry in loss, died some more and had fun doing it!!! I don't think I have laughed that much in vent in weeks!

I sure hope we do this again! Mainly so I can get it all on "tape" and in a better format. But, here it is for better or worse, the portion of the Harrower I actually got too ;)

http://www.vimeo.com/5902724

My apologies for missing a portion (a good part when most everyone died!) of the event and the quality of the video. I'll keep working on it until I get it right... Guess that means we need more Harrowers so I can practice :)
After watching your video i have a little piece of advice for you. i noticed in the begining of the video when you got to the fields that you got out of ninja form to shadow jump......well from one stealther to another.... you CAN shadow jump while in form. :)

Also....smokebombs can be your best friend!!!

smokbombs ftw!!!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to say thanx a bunch [RUHO] tonight was alot of fun. I didn't get pictures or anything like that, but I had more fun than I have had in a while :)
Im GLAD! I hope everyone had fun! Hopefully we can plan out some other public spawns and stuff, expecially a public oaks and then do another harry =]

Hope everyone had fun! Feel free to post pics/vids && comments. Id love to hear feedback. Good & Bad all alike! :)

rmjcsr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to everyone who hosted this it was a blast:) I can't wait for the next one:)

M

Miracle Max

I would like to extend a huge thank you to RUHO for running us trammies through Harry last night. It was a hell of a lot of fun. I am sure RUHO was compensated in laughter watching us bunch of fools attempt to take on Harry. It was a lot of fun and Harry eventually died and there was much rejoicing. Thank you for the fun and the patience.

Miracle Max

J

Jazmyn~Dawn

I would like to extend a huge thank you to RUHO for running us trammies through Harry last night. It was a hell of a lot of fun. I am sure RUHO was compensated in laughter watching us bunch of fools attempt to take on Harry. It was a lot of fun and Harry eventually died and there was much rejoicing. Thank you for the fun and the patience.

Miracle Max
HaHa Max, I was laughing but not really at anyone. I was laughing at the mass chaos!!! It was a blast and I'm glad it did go well! I also heard you pulled a 25 stat, Congrats!!!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, I really wish I would have gotten a few screen shots at the Harrower and at Brit bank following it...Thanks LS for participating and I hope to see more community events in the future!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to extend a couple thanks myself;

All my guildies for going, helping/defending/ressing/organizing/getting the word out there, etc..

Famous/Amdus for most of the skulls.

Leo/Shotgun for the oaks skull.

All the participants who showed up! (Hope you guys have fun and got some sort of momento!)

Shamus, for the ideas.

The reporter for showing up, and good video! Hopefully we can get you to get some of the pvp action next time!!

The 2 EMs who were secretly hidden watching all the pvp & harry chaos. They said they were having a blast watching!

All my emmys, (Kengo, Broli, Monty, Rath) for bein there and helping and keeping everyone in line.

Emo and his FEL! guild for raiding, to make sure use reds weren't bored ;)

And I think I covered just about everyone&everything! Rumor is some people from different shards werent happy we hosted a public harry, and said they would raid us next time.. ;) So I say BRING IT ON! I'll give a nice week notice, so you can xfer and get in factions. :thumbsup:

Maybe we'll try to host some other public spawns, that way the public can get all the skulls, and donate them (whoever ends up getting the skull. although, if they decide to keep it, it shouldn't be hard to replace) so that way everyone can see what all the spawns are like, and how different Fel spawns are compared to Ilsh spawns. And of course another harry =]