• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When is this going to End!?!?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is what it's like at EVERY EM Event anymore... it's a cluster **** and it needs to stop or they need to fix this in the EC so we stop crashing over and over .... at this point there is no reason to continue playing this game, can't loot, can't get a drop, can't hit the (*$&(&(*&(*$&*& THING and can't move... how are you supposed to get looting rights if you can't even move because your whole screen is locked up solid as a rock????????

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the Developer Meet And Greet Drachenfels - August 14, 2017

Mesanna]: hi Poody

[Poody]: The EM graphics Cause a lot of issues for people at events. Is there a way to tone them down?

[Mesanna]: excuse me

[Poody]: supernovas specifically.

[Mesanna]: you mean the scripts on the mobs?

[Poody]: crashes, lag etc.

[Bleak]: EC or CC?

[Poody]: both

[Poody]: big fire ring thing

[Poody]: its awful

[Poody]: 4 seconds of dead time or a crash

[Mesanna]: we can nerf them

[Mesanna]: if they are causing that many issues

[Misk]: bleak said he is on this issue
I have to agree that this has gotten completely out of hand.

End using the primeval lich as an EM base mob until this problem in the EC is fixed. There are no excuses anymore. This problem has been mentioned to EM and devs for several years at this point, so it is well known.

If this isn't fixed, and the mob continues to be used, expect future threads in an increasingly terse tone.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's only reason I stopped going to the GL events and don't go to any other shard events except for Legends whose EM doesn't use those.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lag fest in CC tonight too, screen lit up and then turned completely black, with red numbers all over the screen, came back dead unable to move to a healer for several seconds. It is not just an EC issue.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Too many people in one small area with HUGE graphics to boot.. yepp.. that'll happen every time. I do everything I can to keep it at bay.. turn off approaching names.. page flip stuff or whatever it is.. close everything I can on my system.. still hits like hell..

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kylie Kinslayer There is nothing anyone can do personally to fix this. Its been a problem for a very long time. Some Event Moderators somehow manage to create bosses that last forever, don't die quickly, and don't have all the special effects that crash all Enhanced Client users like me. I know it might be boring if every shard used the same type of boss, but you would make players a lot happier if they used something tried and true.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lol!!! 'Mesanna: Excuse me'
The term "customer service" rly can ring on DEAF ears sometimes.

That's the kind of response that starts fights irl. Like she doesn't know. This isn't a deco issue, she's not interested, I'm glad some shards' EMs stopped using graphics that crash some users(some bulbs are lit brighter than others') I've only been to a handful of EM events and play CC exclusively. But damn, 'excuse me', that's the kind of stuff that raises a person's body temperature IRL.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Lol!!! 'Mesanna: Excuse me'
The term "customer service" rly can ring on DEAF ears sometimes.

That's the kind of response that starts fights irl. Like she doesn't know. This isn't a deco issue, she's not interested, I'm glad some shards' EMs stopped using graphics that crash some users(some bulbs are lit brighter than others') I've only been to a handful of EM events and play CC exclusively. But damn, 'excuse me', that's the kind of stuff that raises a person's body temperature IRL.
Nah.. that is an edit that makes it look rude is all.. the full conversation:

[Mesanna]: hi Poody

[Poody]: The EM graphics Cause a lot of issues for people at events. Is there a way to tone them down?

[Mesanna]: excuse me

[Poody]: supernovas specifically.

[Mesanna]: you mean the scripts on the mobs?

[Poody]: crashes, lag etc.

[Bleak]: EC or CC?

[Poody]: both

[Poody]: big fire ring thing

[Poody]: its awful

[Poody]: 4 seconds of dead time or a crash

[Mesanna]: we can nerf them

[Mesanna]: if they are causing that many issues

[Misk]: bleak said he is on this issue

She was just using the excuse me due to not fully understanding and having to interrupt is how I took that.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Didn't you know this is a fix for the EC loot issue when the corpse goes public? If you freeze up, you can't get loot rights. Public loot freeze fixed

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well at this point the only reason I'm taking the trip to Virginia is so I can tell them in person how FED UP I am with the Excuses...

They want to keep their jobs they need to do their jobs.

PERIOD.

Tired of excuses... I've done everything that @Bleak told me to so I could "play" missing out on over 1/2 the game now... can't loot a public corpse, can't do EM Events, can't really do much at the current event since certain people whom I won't name are steaming piles of dung and multibox all the mages to death and so you can't get credit LURE everything nearby to you so you die... and can't get the drops so they can keep the books all to themselves then they leave... period... come in kill all mages and VANISH... leaving the rest of the stuff for everyone else... and cheating to get all the spellbook mobs...

Nothing gets done about the Multiboxing cheaters, Nothing gets done about the scammers, nothing gets done period... bunch of excuses and pretend to not know WTF we are talking about....

This game has gone to **** and I'm FED UP. I'm tired of getting the run around, tired of being ignored... and tired of trying to play while watching the cheaters get away with murder at this point...

Continued ignorance of the massive issues plaguing this game while they add in crap that benefits only the cheaters is seriously destroying my love of this game to the point where I can hardly log in for more than an hour anymore... and even then I log in try to do things get seriously irked and log out. Don't need this and don't need to keep paying to play to be irritated.

FIX IT OR FORGET IT. Ultimatum..... not waiting another year for more excuses... Get it done. Get off your lazy freaking duff and do it. Go over the code till your eyes bleed.... or TAKE THAT CRAP OUT OF THE GAME if it can't work without causing a problem!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Didn't you know this is a fix for the EC loot issue when the corpse goes public? If you freeze up, you can't get loot rights. Public loot freeze fixed
Pretty much it.... cover it up so they can't earn looting rights to begin with.... tonight was unable to loot because I was locked up and crashed by the time I got back the corpse had gone public and there isn't any point in trying to open it after that unless I want to crash again.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Noooooo not the trees!!!
Seriously though I feel your pain, it's a major headache, we have two clients they should BOTH work equally well!

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is one of the real things to be fixed. Same like the trade window scam and and the missing "." When u enter currency. ( Not sure if third one still unsolved)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all know the EC is only half finished so what do you expect from technically a client that never left Beta testing?
A simple "work-around" would be to just attent Event Moderator events using the Classic Client. Nowhere near as bad lag even on the boss mob.

They are never going to "fix" the EC because they cannot, they have no idea how to.
They are never going to get rid of the CC because they don't have another functioning client.
They are never going to design a new modern client because they dont have the cash or manpower.

If i cannot have a Phoenix that doesn't look like a unicorn puke covered Turkey.......then neither can you have a working client.
That's fair isn't it? :D

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They dont care. SIMPLE.

This has been reported as well as party looting rights on major bosses for years and they have failed to address both issues.

THEY JUST DON'T CARE.
I agree, with the lag issues and unresolved bugs, no they don't care and it's obvious. No matter what the issue is, we keep paying for it anyway, unfortunately. I don't play it much anymore, there are many newer MMOs and single player games without the frustration.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love the phrase "if this is a problem"

Like she had no idea it was. After it has been yelled about for a year or more. lol.

Thankfully EM Erebus holds that crap to a minimum.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well no matter how many times it's said at the end of Events on GLs it falls on deaf ears... I pointed out some time ago to Malachi that 9 out of 10 of his bosses are the Primeval Lich... he denied it... Yet the last 2 events in a row with a boss have been the Primeval Lich.... With the big ball of BS... which has crashed my client both times ..... both had drops... I couldn't even earn looting rights since I could NOT MOVE....

I'm sick and tired of saying it... Fed up with posting about it.... sick of trying to get it changed... and sick of being ignored.

Face to face time is coming... I am attending the party next week.... so be ready to face me DEVs that's all I got to say... I'll be expecting serious answers and I will not settle for empty promises. Fix it or I'm done.

NO more excuses no more waiting this IS GAME BREAKING seriously... Definition of Game Breaking: something that is UNPLAYABLE... Being frozen and unable to move, target, heal, or participate... What would you call it??????

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We have done the same, asked the EM not to use these mobs as they cause serious problems, but next event it's just the same as ever. I get the feeling they just don't/won't understand the problem! :(

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 71970

Can't move can't fight can't do anything at all!
Yes, it is a damn shame. I cast an RC and then bam, insta-frozen,move half a tile every 30 seconds. Right when you think you might be able to do something, crash, quickly get on ICQ with guild mates to have them try to keep you alive. Log in, just in time to see the boss go from 4% to dead.

Getting pretty damn ridiculous.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, they don't realize it's an issue because they don't play the game as players, the only time they log in is with their God Clients, so of course they're not going to experience any lag from anything. Why is anyone surprised by this or anything else ?

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
This has ALWAYS been an issue, even before I quit playing around 2006. EM events were awful before. This is why I don't do the EM events and why I stopped doing the most recent Arc invasions. The Titan at the end is what will lag monster me to death.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dammit dont fix the ****ing EC just stop the damn EM's from using whatever the **** mob boss is doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what it's like at EVERY EM Event anymore... it's a cluster **** and it needs to stop or they need to fix this in the EC so we stop crashing over and over .... at this point there is no reason to continue playing this game, can't loot, can't get a drop, can't hit the (*$&(&(*&(*$&*& THING and can't move... how are you supposed to get looting rights if you can't even move because your whole screen is locked up solid as a rock????????
There is alot more to UO then these stupid little EM events.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't have to fix the EC you have the ability in your hands to do that yourself. Turn off the partical effects. User Settings - Graphics under Enable Hardware Death Effect you see Partical Detail , turn it off there. As for the classic client, it is something we can add in the future so you have the option to turn those off also.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had the particle effects turned off for ages along with running in "low" graphics settings. It makes no difference. This is in the EC. I've tried fullscreen, windowed, etc etc. It's just those big EM explosions kill the client.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've had the particle effects turned off for ages along with running in "low" graphics settings. It makes no difference. This is in the EC. I've tried fullscreen, windowed, etc etc. It's just those big EM explosions kill the client.
Same here! Yes, clearly it's our own faults! Priceless...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly EC players....you pay for the game AND you want to actually play it?? *rolls eyes* some people just want everything....

That has to be one of Mesannas best replies, "We dont have to FIX IT".
:facepalm:

Last edited:

Revenant

Visitor
UO has a manager who plays only one aspect of the game, and is interested in only in supporting friends with that play style.

Look at all the shard emulators providing a better experience. A better manager would take that as an opportunity to find out what works, and what can be improved. UO's manager just shrugs, and lets the client continue to crash.

I'm not even blaming UO's manager. If Broadsword cared, they'd replace her. They don't, and they won't.

So when does it all end? When the last player that does nothing but collect rares quits.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, the last time I tried this (this possible solution was suggested several times in the past) it did NOT work. I'll try again as I'm taking from Mesanna's response they've changed something in how the death effect / particle detail setting works. I hope this is the case!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We don't have to fix the EC you have the ability in your hands to do that yourself. Turn off the partical effects. User Settings - Graphics under Enable Hardware Death Effect you see Partical Detail , turn it off there. As for the classic client, it is something we can add in the future so you have the option to turn those off also.
:facepalm:

Turning particle effects to off/low doesn't do a damn thing for this issue. The explosions still happen 100% of the time, even the little ones. So that isn't a solution.

The big effects from the Primeval Lich, Corgul, the Slasher etc are NOT able to be turned off.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, the last time I tried this (this possible solution was suggested several times in the past) it did NOT work. I'll try again as I'm taking from Mesanna's response they've changed something in how the death effect / particle detail setting works. I hope this is the case!
Nope, that "fix" would only work if you were the only one in the area when the particle effects went off.
The problem is not you or your computer, the problem is the client cannot handle more than a few people when the particle effect goes off and bottle necks.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More than this turned off ? Is it not easier to stop using those mobs ? would love to see the trees again some day.
upload_2017-9-13_15-7-6.png

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO has a manager who plays only one aspect of the game, and is interested in only in supporting friends with that play style.

Look at all the shard emulators providing a better experience. A better manager would take that as an opportunity to find out what works, and what can be improved. UO's manager just shrugs, and lets the client continue to crash.

I'm not even blaming UO's manager. If Broadsword cared, they'd replace her. They don't, and they won't.

So when does it all end? When the last player that does nothing but collect rares quits.
Geez should that be where the complaints go ? Would Broadsword look at this where she is not ? In my job the complaints always go to the higher power, perhaps that's also our fault not going there.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By the way, the EC is not locking up as I die, it is locking up due to the cascading explosions, boss spawns and I hit it with a couple AI just as the bombing starts and I slowly descend into a lock, I am usually alive after I hard close the client, no death.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
THAT'S BEEN DONE AND THIS IS A ******** ANSWER!!!!!!! HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT BEFORE YOU GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT PROOF HERE IT IS:
upload_2017-9-13_15-19-53.png