• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's yer card?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Lee just created a page at game-blueprints.com for the list of things they need for evaluating what is working.

Graphics Cards EA-Land

Just click "Edit Article" Tab at the top to add your information.
If your vid card works and you don't see it listed. Please add.

If your vid card doesn't work, this is a great place to see what does.

I

imported_LFancey

Thank you for starting this thread.

I won't be porting over the information but there is now a link at
http://game-blueprints.com under Graphics Cards EA-Land (you can search on this)

Add your information there. Feel free to take over the management, formate, data fields etc etc.

Lee

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

All that to play TSO? I think not. I have no problem playing any game on the market WITHOUT a duocore CPU. I think you are giving misinformation by telling people they need to upgrade to "highend" machines to play TSO when they really don't. Bragging about a computer is fine but don't use it to make people think they need more than they really do to play this game. Thanks and have a "SUPER" day.

[/ QUOTE ]

High End PC? Can you read? I didn't tell anyone they need a high end pc for tso. I simply said they need NEWER stuff. You cannot run new games and graphic extensive games on crap old parts. Learn to read before you post. A $70 video card and $120 CPU isn't high end. It's far from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

And those expecting this new client to be snazzy on a laptop can pretty much forget that unless you got a new high end lapyop it won't happen, your frame rates will be so pathetic it'll be like you are on a 2400 baud modem trying to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players like me have done just fine all these years in TSO using less-than-cutting edge hardware. In 2003 I had a desktop that was (at the time) state of the art for gaming. Then I moved to a high end laptop, and now to a notebook that travels all over the world with me. I've played TSO on all three machines, with never a glitch, never any lag.

When I chose this notebook I chose it knowing it wasn't intended for power gaming. My days of power gaming are behind me. Having "snazzy" was low priority. I had no idea good ol' TSO would migrate to graphics that would require pixel shader technology. I cannot upgrade, I'm stuck. And, there is no way I am going to invest in another computer at this point in time just so I can access Ea Land. I wonder how many others will feel the same?

Frankly, if I were a person who wanted to invest in a gaming computer, playing TSO would be the last reason I'd do so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

All that to play TSO? I think not. I have no problem playing any game on the market WITHOUT a duocore CPU. I think you are giving misinformation by telling people they need to upgrade to "highend" machines to play TSO when they really don't. Bragging about a computer is fine but don't use it to make people think they need more than they really do to play this game. Thanks and have a "SUPER" day.

[/ QUOTE ]

High End PC? Can you read? I didn't tell anyone they need a high end pc for tso. I simply said they need NEWER stuff. You cannot run new games and graphic extensive games on crap old parts. Learn to read before you post. A $70 video card and $120 CPU isn't high end. It's far from it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe not for you, it isn't. You forget, there are some people that can't afford to do that... just for a game. I have to side with KIR on this one...

As for me, I mentioned several times: I have an ATI 9250 on my desktop which runs SL, WoW, PotC Online, and the non-updated TSO just fine! My laptop (9 months old) has an ATI 1150 Xpress. Both computers do everything I need them to do except run the graphics improved TSO. If that is the only thing that I can't do --- there is no reason to spend money I don't have to upgrade, sorry.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe not for you, it isn't. You forget, there are some people that can't afford to do that... just for a game. I have to side with KIR on this one...

As for me, I mentioned several times: I have an ATI 9250 on my desktop which runs SL, WoW, PotC Online, and the non-updated TSO just fine! My laptop (9 months old) has an ATI 1150 Xpress. Both computers do everything I need them to do except run the graphics improved TSO. If that is the only thing that I can't do --- there is no reason to spend money I don't have to upgrade, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I missed it, but have you installed the latest DirectX? June 2007 or later.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I missed it, but have you installed the latest DirectX? June 2007 or later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeppers. The lastest DirectX has been installed on both computer, as well as the latest drivers. Like Lee said, this is only a test so maybe my cards will be supported at one point

N

nodgree

ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (256mb) on my laptop works fine in window mode.

I saw another post or 2 about the same adapter NOT working. MAKE SURE you update to the newest DirectX version and check your drivers. Also, I am running with windows XP, I have a hunch that the others are using Vista (my laptop was originally loaded with Vista and I removed it, had a HELL of a time finding XP drivers for this card but they do exist) and there lies the problem. I cant stress enough, if you can get a copy of XP, downgrade from Vista, you'll be much happier with the overall performance of your system.

M

MandiK

When I try to do TC3-test it says graphics card not supported or whatever. When I follow the instructions on the blog to tell what kind of card I have, here is what is says "Default Monitor on Intel (R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation).

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

When I try to do TC3-test it says graphics card not supported or whatever. When I follow the instructions on the blog to tell what kind of card I have, here is what is says "Default Monitor on Intel (R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a different Intel graphics controller, but same problem. Your Intel 82810E supports vertex but not pixel shader; in other words, I think you are out of luck. The graphics controllers are chips on the mother board, and you cannot upgrade them like people who have cards can. Is your system a laptop?

The tech info for your controller as it relates to TSO graphics can be found:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-014257.htm

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Nah it's a desktop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are not in the same boat as I, but it sure sounds like you are.

To double check you can run the DirectX display that will also display your graphics set-up.

Click on Start menu, then RUN, and in the RUN box type in dxdiag. Hit enter. You will get a screen with lots of good info; click on the Display tab.

Good luck...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nah it's a desktop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Video cards built into your motherboard take up a set amount of ram, Say if you have a 512mb stick of ram in your computer, a built in video card will take up lets says 64mb of the 512mb.

With desktops you CAN upgrade your video card, You will either have a computer the takes AGP slotted video cards or PCI-E video cards if its a computer you have bought with in the last 2 to 3 years.

128mb cards are pretty cheap you can pick them up for around $50.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nah it's a desktop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Video cards built into your motherboard take up a set amount of ram, Say if you have a 512mb stick of ram in your computer, a built in video card will take up lets says 64mb of the 512mb.

With desktops you CAN upgrade your video card, You will either have a computer the takes AGP slotted video cards or PCI-E video cards if its a computer you have bought with in the last 2 to 3 years.

128mb cards are pretty cheap you can pick them up for around $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

MandiK....I hate to tell you.....that's the chip set I have. And the answer is no, it won't work with the new graphics.

And I was informed on my last driver update that there will no longer be any further driver updates. That was a few years ago. So the vid card is pretty much obsolete. It's so sad, my computer has been such a powerhouse dynamo but is dying an early dead because compaq install outdated hardware. (Dynamo example: I have in the past landed up to 6 sims and played all of them without a problem.)

It's a relief that we can still play under the old graphics though.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

MandiK....I hate to tell you.....that's the chip set I have. And the answer is no, it won't work with the new graphics.

And I was informed on my last driver that there will no longer be any further driver updates. That was a few years ago. So the vid card is pretty much obsolete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah.
I thought 'eventually' it was going to be required?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was informed on my last driver that there will no longer be any further driver updates. That was a few years ago. So the vid card is pretty much obsolete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah.
I thought 'eventually' it was going to be required?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably eventually it will. If you can't afford a new computer, then you have time to google search and learn how to install a new video card. I was on the verge of doing that but my big brother came through with a deal for me.

I've gotta still see if it's going to work as the Nvidia GEforce 6100 is not on the list of vid cards that has been tested on the new graphics. This vid card was just released in the last year or two. There shouldn't be any question if it will work or not.

EA just might end up losing half their loyal TSO fan base simply because our computers can't run their 'online' game.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

EA just might end up losing half their loyal TSO fan base simply because our computers can't run their 'online' game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I AGREE.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I AGREE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I cant spend much money on upgrading &amp; such. Ughh.

G

*ttl*

I'm guessing you all have not seen the November 14, 2007- Update to Test Center 3 announcement?

<blockquote><hr>

Graphics Update: Improved support for cards that don’t have hardware vertex shader 2.0. More cards should start working.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not get wrapped around the axel over your video cards just yet....they are still working on them.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

I would not get wrapped around the axel over your video cards just yet....they are still working on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great news! Thanks for posting the link.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

YAY! Thanks Gilly! You gave me a grin...now I'll run home because my error was a 'shader 2.0' problem originally so maybe.......

(MandiK....let's cross our fingers!)

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

YAY! Thanks Gilly! You gave me a grin...now I'll run home because my error was a 'shader 2.0' problem originally so maybe.......

(MandiK....let's cross our fingers!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mandi's controller, like mine, has vertex but NOT pixel shader capability. I'm still unable to get to the new, improved. I'm stuck, since I have a laptop and the chipset is welded in, can't upgrade. *shrugs. I'll wave bye bye if and when

Desktops are more likely to handle a switch up to a card that will work, so good luck you guys!

G

Like Gilly said, at least they recognize our diverse population of graphics cards/controllers are they are still working on it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TC to TC3 Moves: Next Tuesday (11/20/2007) we will be stopping all moves to and from Test Center (I repeat Test Center not to be confused with Test center 3 which you can’t move out of or into anyway, ever.) If you want to keep your lot please do not read the rest of this: (Instead jump to the next bold bullet item.) Next Wednesday (11/21/2007) we are hoping to open moves from Test Center to Test Center 3.
These are moves WITHOUT Simoleans and WITHOUT Lots.
These moves will not include simoleans or lots.
This means that simoleans and lots will not be transferred in these LOT-less and SIMOLEAN-less moves. This is an OPTIONAL move - if you want to keep your lot do NOT do this LOT-less and SIMOLEAN-less move. Instead wait for the merge to TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know we can't take our money, but does this mean we can take our lots? Or not?

Just kidding. lol

uh... just kidding Lee.... Randy.... Greg...

Stand away from that nasty ol' "BAN" button, ok?

Guys????
Hello - o?
...........can we talk about this?

S

Suzi Q

Followed your link to blue-prints Lee and found the lists of working Graphic Cards but can't figure out how to add mine!!! (I am logged in LOL) Incidently, mine does NOT work NVIDIAGeForce4MX440 with AGP8X and I have downloaded the latest DirectX.

S

Suzi Q

Thank you for starting this thread.

I won't be porting over the information but there is now a link at
http://game-blueprints.com under Graphics Cards EA-Land (you can search on this)

Add your information there. Feel free to take over the management, formate, data fields etc etc.

Lee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(TC3:LFancey)

The link Lee left on the above message posted on this thread

I

imported_herk1287

I wonder if Intel Media graphics accelerator, intel mobile 945gm will work or ever work for laptop

G

My card on my laptop where i play the most is ATI Radeon Express 1150 and have a dell Inspiron 1501

G

the only error i get is that there is no mutiple render targets.... what? it supposedly has it so i dont understand why it cant find it

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

the only error i get is that there is no mutiple render targets.... what? it supposedly has it so i dont understand why it cant find it

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you updated your DirectX? You can also run dxdiag (start menu "start", run, type in dxdiag, run) and you will get a DirectX diagnostic tool that shows what you have installed, and allows you run a couple tests. I might be shooting in the dark here, but it might be worth your while -- only takes a couple of minutes.

G

tried all that
i have updated driver, directx 9, pixel shading 2.0, vertex shading,

hmph

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

tried all that
i have updated driver, directx 9, pixel shading 2.0, vertex shading,

hmph

[/ QUOTE ]

How frustrating. Good luck finding a solve. I'm sure someone here will help you out, or maybe try contacting support for your card's manufacturer.

S

Suzi Q

Well I've downloaded the EAland link and I'm pleased to say both of them work, so I'm leaving it at that for now. My video card (NVIDIA Ge Force4 MX440 with AGP8X) isn't compatible with TC3 test graphics, so presumably it won't be once this merge thing has completed either!? So, for now, I'll continue to play my game and looks like it will be adeos with the new arrival! I've just checked my laptop's card and it's the ATI Radeon Xpress 200m series. I'm not going to attempt to download this TC 3 test thing for fear of running in to the same problem I did with my PC! Even if my laptop is suitable for playing after the merge, it's not as reliable due to the wireless signal being irregular where I live, so I will have to ask myself, is EAland worth £7.99 for a game I can only play now and then? MMM food for thought.