• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's yer card?

G

The Dev's are putting together a list of video cards that work ok with TSO, so maybe we can help them out.
If you are running TSO with no display problems, list your vid card(s) here:

ATI Radeon x300 SE 128 MB
ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB
ATI Radeon x1300 256 MB

T get your vid card info, click "Start", "Run", then type "dxdiag" (without the quotes). The program will retrieve your system info.
Click the "Display" tab to bring up info relating to your vid card.

Vista and Mac users may have a different method.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE - works fine

I haven't tried my laptop yet, but when I do I'll report back.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440

Does not work

When I log onto EA Land, I get the message ..something like
"Shade Pixel 2.0 is not validated...game shutting down".

I have a feeler I need to upgrade.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440

Does not work

[/ QUOTE ]
There may be reasons other than your vid card for TSO to NOT work - that's a different issue that the Devs are still working on.
That's why we need only the ones that do work - for now.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Oh cool! I hope so Donavan. Thankies!

(,,,,,) hugs (,,,,,)

G

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 works just fine and dandy on my laptop

G

Desktop: ATI Radeon 9250 AGP 128Mb
Laptop: ATI Radeon 1150 Xpress 318Mb

All drivers updated, neither of them work for TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB
ATI Radeon x1300 256 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

My card is the same as the one bolded

"ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series"
128 MB
And I have the most current DirectX downloaded

......but it does not work!

'tiz a puzzlement..........

G

ATI Radion 9700 PRO...

Works great! I had to upgrade my Directx9 tho. Windows update said I had the latest version but when I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded, it upgraded it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB
ATI Radeon x1300 256 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

128 MB

[/ QUOTE ]
Go to the ATI site and make sure you have the latest drivers.
Remember, we're talking regular TSO, not the graphics test.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought they were working on a list for TC3-test.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB
ATI Radeon x1300 256 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

128 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh...misunderstood.

Yes I run regular TSO fine, but the graphics test says my card (and I did download the latest drivers) is unsupported.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought they were working on a list for TC3-test.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, you're right. We are talking about that.
Sorry.

It sounded right when I posted it in my head.

WARNING: These are the dangers of de-caffeineated coffee!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB
ATI Radeon x1300 256 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

128 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh...misunderstood.

Yes I run regular TSO fine, but the graphics test says my card (and I did download the latest drivers) is unsupported.

[/ QUOTE ]
I re-checked this just to be sure.
First - The comp with the x300 is running the EALand install (don't know if that makes a difference).
Second - Launching using the "EALand" icon gives me the same result (vid card unsupported).
Third - Launching using the "EALand Windowed" icon works just fine.
This is the result of some blather regarding screen resolution/parameters, yada, yada.
Anyhow, the windowed version forces the game into a format that can be properly displayed. This seems to be a common thing in older comps and does not appear to be a game bug. Some "windowed" versions even come up Full screen. *shrug*

"Yer takes yer seat and yer watches da show" - Popeye

G

<blockquote><hr>

Anyhow, the windowed version forces the game into a format that can be properly displayed. This seems to be a common thing in older comps and does not appear to be a game bug. Some "windowed" versions even come up Full screen. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just an opinion, but I think it is more of a case where windowed version <u>allows</u> the game to set its own resolution whereas full screen mode forces the game to use the users resolution.
It may also be possible that for some users their resolution is set such that windowed mode appears as full screen because it fills the screen.

G

I'm using NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE approx 377 MB, even though it says I am using direct x 10 I needed to update to the newest version, whatever that is. The computer itself has a gig of ram. When I tested the new graphics version I was so laggy it's not funny. When trying to type in an IM it took a few seconds for each letter to enter. Today, I tried it again, trying to land it froze up at 16% and I ended up doing ctrl alt del to get out of the game. I switched back to normal version again, and am hoping something is done about the severe lag.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sorry Cherri Bear. I have the same graphics card and have already researched the specs. More than likely, at some point we will need to upgrade.

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 does Not support these 3 key elements :

Support for DirectX9.0 Pixel Shader 2.0
Support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Vertex Shader 2.0
Support for Multiple Render Targets (MRTs)

G

<blockquote><hr>

When I tested the new graphics version I was so laggy it's not funny. When trying to type in an IM it took a few seconds for each letter to enter. Today, I tried it again, trying to land it froze up at 16% and I ended up doing ctrl alt del to get out of the game. I switched back to normal version again, and am hoping something is done about the severe lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this post, Lee said:
"It is slow, there are glitches. If you see the splash screen then good. Patch back play the old one and be done with it until you have to play the new one."

And on the Blog, he said:
"The new test client runs slower and we will fix that. It is a test."

So apparently it is a known problem, that they are working on. Kinda makes me not so sad, my card doesn't work.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

So apparently it is a known problem, that they are working on. Kinda makes me not so sad, my card doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna agree with you there, lol. I'm a no-go for the improvements as my laptop has Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. Not really upgradable, as it is a chip on the motherboard. Ironic, since this little workhorse does "everything" I ever ask of it -- except this. But hey -- no lag, ever, in the current mode!

W

wishywashygirl

I have NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

works fine... no lag ever... with the old graphics

If I patch to the new test, get a card not supported error.

L

Layla-Playmate

I have a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 GM on a Dell Laptop. I can't see the pretty screen at the beginning, which is kind of strange since I can run the Sims 2 on my laptop. All well, time to buy a new one anyways.

I

imported_MsStathamSim

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M (128MB)

Regular TSO works fine, TC3-Test says I need to update DirectX. Will add more later.

Edit: Went to the Microsoft website and downloaded the latest DirectX, and I got something that looked like the regular login screen with a comet zipping around on it. Is that the "new" splash screen?

I

imported_herk1287

I HAVE same kind intel media graphics accelerator but my # is 945gm

J

Jenifer James TC

<blockquote><hr>

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M (128MB)

Regular TSO works fine, TC3-Test says I need to update DirectX. Will add more later.

Edit: Went to the Microsoft website and downloaded the latest DirectX, and I got something that looked like the regular login screen with a comet zipping around on it. Is that the "new" splash screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think it is, if the "comet" looks like this ... I have a NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200, which is pretty old but runs Sims 2 and TSO fine although it can't run TC3 - test full or windowed... urgh

G

Mobile Intel 945 Express chipset

I run TSO fine, but not TC3 Test

T

Tristan Lewis

EVERYONE NEEDS TO TRY THE TEST IN WONDOWS MODE. My wife and i tried it in full screen no go. Windows mode both worked GREAT......

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

My lap top's NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 runs TC3 -test only in windowed mode.

G

ATI Radeon 9250 128.0 MB
runs TSO, TC3 and World of Warcraft ... not TC3 test

I always run window mode ...

I

imported_remflyer

Laptop: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB

Runs both TSO and TC3-Test. I play my game in windowed mode.

V

vapd3317

Nope...I refuse to test it in window mode. I cant see the game well enough to play it in window mode. If the game of the future requires window mode play only, then I will cancel my account.

G

Radeon X1650, 512mb Works ok, Except in city veiw it shows as pink, I will get a screen shot of it.

G

Nvidia Geforce 7600GT 512mb running on Windows Vista now working correctly.

aj

G

Thats the pink city map I get, Propertys I land ok, But its generally laggy

W

wishywashygirl

<blockquote><hr>

EVERYONE NEEDS TO TRY THE TEST IN WONDOWS MODE. My wife and i tried it in full screen no go. Windows mode both worked GREAT......

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I never would have thought about that, but in windows mode, my card does work... Very interesting.

G

Apparently my card only supports the graphics if I am in window mode. I tried fullscreen and my card was unsupported...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nope...I refuse to test it in window mode. I cant see the game well enough to play it in window mode. If the game of the future requires window mode play only, then I will cancel my account.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to pry, but have you looked into the bigger 'wide' monitors?
I have a 20 inch extra wide monitor that gives a huge display that's almost like being at a drive-in.
"Windows" mode on this is like the display on a 19 inch monitor.

K

Kaylee_Sun

Using NVDIA Geforce FX 5200... Won't work in full screen but does in windows mode. I see a comet.

G

My ATI Radeon X300 Series, did not work in full screen, but did work in windowed mode.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9250 128.0 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the same one I have. It will also run Second Life and There.com.
I want to play this game though whatever it is called. If I give it up for a couple months maybe I can afford a new card. I wont quit over this. I bought the last card for this game. A friend of mine suggested it. I got it because they ran 5 sims at once and I can too. Never had a problem with it. Second Life is a bit laggy. There.com I have no problems except I like Sims better. I get the (5) error pixel shading.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9250 128.0 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to play this game though whatever it is called. If I give it up for a couple months maybe I can afford a new card. I wont quit over this. I bought the last card for this game. A friend of mine suggested it. I got it because they ran 5 sims at once and I can too. Never had a problem with it. Second Life is a bit laggy. There.com I have no problems except I like Sims better. I get the (5) error pixel shading.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run SL and other games with no problems, too, yet my controller doesn't have pixel shader capability. I wish I was literate enough to know why high end shader technology is needed for the new graphics? Is TSO really going to change that radically?

I always tell people I prefer TSO to SL, but that may have to change when the graphics of TSO leave me behind.

B

badz

I read this thread and had a pretty good laugh, alot of you folks need to seriously upgrade your pc. The video cards you are using are 3 and 4 years old, some are older, they are way out of date when it comes to gaming. You should at the least be running a 8600gts or ati2600 or better. You can also bring a older video card to life by upgrading the rest of the system, AMD CPU=worthless, P4= worthless Pentium D= worthless, if it's not core 2 don't bother. You want clean crisp snazzy graphics, upgrade or you're stuck in the 2d era for ever. And those expecting this new client to be snazzy on a laptop can pretty much forget that unless you got a new high end lapyop it won't happen, your frame rates will be so pathetic it'll be like you are on a 2400 baud modem trying to play.

K

Keep It Real

All that to play TSO? I think not. I have no problem playing any game on the market WITHOUT a duocore CPU. I think you are giving misinformation by telling people they need to upgrade to "highend" machines to play TSO when they really don't. Bragging about a computer is fine but don't use it to make people think they need more than they really do to play this game. Thanks and have a "SUPER" day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ATI Radeon 9250 128.0 MB

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the 9250 in my old Compaq, but it was borderline for a lot of the programs I wanted to run. I replaced it with an ATI Radeon 9600 128mb and it worked fine - I still have it and it runs the new graphics fine. Since it's an older card, you should be able to get it cheap (if you can find one).
On the other hand, it might not be a good idea to spend any money just yet. Wait until the Devs get all the knots out of the code.

B

badz

<blockquote><hr>

All that to play TSO? I think not. I have no problem playing any game on the market WITHOUT a duocore CPU. I think you are giving misinformation by telling people they need to upgrade to "highend" machines to play TSO when they really don't. Bragging about a computer is fine but don't use it to make people think they need more than they really do to play this game. Thanks and have a "SUPER" day.

[/ QUOTE ]

High End PC? Can you read? I didn't tell anyone they need a high end pc for tso. I simply said they need NEWER stuff. You cannot run new games and graphic extensive games on crap old parts. Learn to read before you post. A $70 video card and $120 CPU isn't high end. It's far from it.

R

RZH of DG

I have the ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 on my year old laptop. It works fine in windows mode.