whats up with this???

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Announcing the EA-Land Founder and EA-Land Explorer Deadline: April 30, 2008!
Posted in Accounts by Greg on the March 17th, 2008

To be considered an EA-Land Founder you must have had an active paying account (subscription or game time card) after July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008.

To be considered an EA-Land Explorer you must have active account of any kind between July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008

What is EA-Land Founder?

An EA-Land Founder is a specific account type, with additional privileges, that is available only until the deadline. After the deadline, there will be three (3) account types: Basic, Premium, and EA-Land Founder; all new accounts after the deadline will be Basic or Premium. The account types have increasing entitlements from Basic to Premium to EA-Land Founder. For example:

Number of Avatars in EA-Land / Test Center 3
Basic: 1 / 1
Premium: 3 / 2
Founder: 8 / 6
Anniversary Gifts Per Account in EA-Land / Test Center 3
Basic: 0 / 0
Premium: 2 / 1
Founder: 3 / 1
What is an EA-Land Explorer?

An EA-Land Explorer is any player account which was active between July 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008. This is the full set of folks that have helped us evolve EA-Land in these early stages.

What if I am already a TSO Founder?

EA-Land Founder and EA-Land Explorer are completely independent of TSO Founder status and do not effect TSO Founder status. Also, the fact that an account is a TSO Founder does not mean the account is an EA-Land Founder (or Explorer). To be an EA-Land Founder you must have an active subscription or game time card after July 1, 2007 and before May 1, 2008.

Can I be a Founder and Explorer?

Yep. All Founders are automatically Explorers as well.

Regards,
Greg

We were told that we were getting our aniversary gifts on all 8 sims why are they posting now that only 3 sims will be getting anniversary gifts? And does this mean we will have to wait till may for the amnesty program to be ran?????

G

I'm not sure, but my concern is how they define the EA-Land Founders... Does the account have to be active and paid the entire duration between July 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008? Or is it sufficient for it to just be paid at any particular period of time within that range? For example: If I paid and played by account in January 2008, is that sufficient? Does the account need to be in paid status AS OF April 30, 2008?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Hold on, what? I don't understand that "chart" whatsoever.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure, but my concern is how they define the EA-Land Founders... Does the account have to be active and paid the entire duration between July 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008? Or is it sufficient for it to just be paid at any particular period of time within that range? For example: If I paid and played by account in January 2008, is that sufficient? Does the account need to be in paid status AS OF April 30, 2008?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you paid the whole time, you're a "founder," and if you paid during any of that time, then you're an "explorer."

I

imported_Danny Dots

Im happy to get at least one of each of my gifts back! I think give out 8 mystic trees out to so many players would be a mistake, there are so many of them already.

G

It reads like an explorer would be a Free Account Player and an EA Land Founder would be a Paying Account Player.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Do we get like a EAL Simmie type of thing or i-con?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The chart is colour coded here: clicky.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you click on this link it will show you a badge. Not sure if this will be the badge issued.

G

The EA-Land Simmie type-thing is going to be the lava lamp. I don't know about an icon.

G

Hmmm. Interesting. It looks like part of the redone "territory marker" that is supposed to be the fourth year gift. I don't know why the fourth year gift would say "Founder" though. Maybe it isn't going to be the fourth year gift but rather a founders gift?

Or maybe we're just overspeculating.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

The EA-Land Simmie type-thing is going to be the lava lamp. I don't know about an icon.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol true, I don't know why I didn't think of that, lol!

G

No i'm thinking it's not the 4th year gift but the "founder" badge. What is up with that ugly gold color for anything? yuck!

Whatever they chose will be peachy with me.

I

imported_sedusa

My question is how does one find out how long they have been paying actively speaking? I know how to see on the ea website, but is that paid time or just when I first registered?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

No i'm thinking it's not the 4th year gift but the "founder" badge. What is up with that ugly gold color for anything? yuck!

Whatever they chose will be peachy with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pun?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

My question is how does one find out how long they have been paying actively speaking? I know how to see on the ea website, but is that paid time or just when I first registered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Click your bio and look at the "entitlement" days. That's your paying time.

G

An EA-Land Explorer is any player account which was active between July 1, 2007 and April 30, 2008.

That sentence has me picturing five sims on each of my three accounts POOFING sometime in the very near future. Right now I've got eight sims on each account, all three are premium accounts, however they've not been paid for the entire ten months. I reactivated a couple of accounts before their 90 day limits. Hopefully they mean AFTER the April 30 deadline, all new accounts will only have three sims allowed. <u>new</u>

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you paid the whole time, you're a "founder," and if you paid during any of that time, then you're an "explorer."

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read it is:
A EAL founder is any (paid) active account between july 1st and april 30th.
Meaning if you paid for any time between those 2 dates you are a founder.

A explorer is any active account, meaning free players during that time.
Active means you just need to have been in the game.

No way would they have it so you have to have had an account paid and active that whole time. So many have been in EAL since it started and were not here in July.

If I am wrong can a dev please correct me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We were told that we were getting our aniversary gifts on all 8 sims why are they posting now that only 3 sims will be getting anniversary gifts? And does this mean we will have to wait till may for the amnesty program to be ran?????

[/ QUOTE ]
In EE-Land last week at CH Parizad answered the question... "how many avatars on each account will receive amnesty gifts?" reply... " All 8 as long as the account is entitled "....communication error.... hmmm I dunno.

G

Greg told me per acct not sim several weeks ago. I wasnt going to dispute Pari's statement after though. I was hoping she was right! Looks like Greg has made up his mind.

G

So no miniature tree farm for the lots?

Well then I guess we learn to deal.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

Greg told me per acct not sim several weeks ago. I wasnt going to dispute Pari's statement after though. I was hoping she was right! Looks like Greg has made up his mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Niki, for the amnesty do you know if everyone who is entitled by paid account time will get extra anniversary gifts or is the team just replacing missing gifts that do not show up in your inventory or on your lot?

M

mike1977

So I guess there's no point in having 48 sims now (24 in EA Land and 24 in TC3 with 3 accounts) LOL

Why does the blog say 6 for TC3 when you can create up to 8 sims in TC3 too?

G

LOL I have been wondering why everyone says 6 for TC3. It used to be 6 but is now 8. haha I was wondering if I was the only one to notice that. It could be a bug. I would not put anything of value on the last 2 slots if I were you.

It is supposed to be a don't ask don't tell. Total reissuance of the gifts. It should not matter if you have the gifts already or not.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read it is:
A EAL founder is any (paid) active account between july 1st and april 30th.
Meaning if you paid for any time between those 2 dates you are a founder.

A explorer is any active account, meaning free players during that time.
Active means you just need to have been in the game.

No way would they have it so you have to have had an account paid and active that whole time. So many have been in EAL since it started and were not here in July.

If I am wrong can a dev please correct me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it like that too. It specifically said that if you came back before March 8th you would get skill locks, gifts back. I had better be a founder because that is the only reason why I paid right away instead of being a free player for awhile to see what EA Land was all about. I hope that they aren't waiting until April 30th to run the amnesty program otherwise why did we have to sign up by March 8th? That is a whole month not having the skill locks that I figured I would be getting at the end of March. A lot of skilling decayed skills that I didn't think I would have to.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Looks like they extended the deadline to me. I had heard rumors that we would receive gifts per sim and always wondered why they would flood the city with so many objects. I'm not surprised at all that limits have been set to how many gifts will be awarded to each type of account.

G

rumour is rumour but i was in the city hall when she told everyone we would be getting gifts for all our sims ... it was asked her point blank! now if one said it they should do it !!!! and this was several months ago and aparently shes still going by the same thing if it was said this week... and its not the point of if u feel we should get them or not its the point it was said it should be done weather it was a mistake or not people are counting on them now because of their comments and its not fair to the players not to get them now since it was told by a member of the dev team to the public!

G

The fact is they didn't have to give us anything. People brought over their gifts and such when their sims (I refuse to call them avatars... lol) merged from their old city. Why would making a sim in EAL be different than creating a new sim in another city? What they are doing is very nice and also something they did not have to do. Take it for what it is and move on. What's the difference between 3 mystic trees and 8? How many do you really need?

G

well you know im sorry if you dont agree with me but i think when someone says something they should do it. Not get all this hype up and them bam right in the face not do what they say! Now if it would have been told the whole time it was gonna be 3 then I wouldnt have said a word but i dont like being told one thing and then another done! I dont think anyone likes it. Its not about the items its about saying one thing and doing another and I dont think its right. That is my personal opinon.

G

I do agree with you on that aspect. Saying 1 thing then doing something else is an issue. There may be issues the dev team found where they could not give it to all sims. Truth is, they most likely had planned to give it to everyone but something stopped them. I will wait to see what amnesty brings before commenting more since right now we are not sure what we are going to get.

G

well if theres a reason for the change then they should say it then people wouldnt be pissed but to tell everyone one thing and do another is just plain wrong!

G

I'm from the school that says 'If you say you're going to do it - do it.'

Otherwise, stay quiet.

G

Update from Greg

Maybe Parizad misunderstood. Maybe they told her all TSO sims would get the gifts on paying accts. That would still be true. She interpreted it as all sims on the acct. We will get on 3 like we always did. Which is more fair. I am not saying this is what happened. None of us know what happened. None of us need 8 trees per acct. We were originally told 1. Do you want them to stick to that? They are regifting for a dead game. LOL I am happy for what we get or do not get. I wish there was never any such thing as amnesty here.

Think about it. Why would we receive gifts on 8 avatars when we were only allowed 3 at the time we are receiving the amnesty for. We are already getting one in TC3 as well. So we are getting 4. They could have done it where we get one test city and 2 EA Land. I would still back them.

G

I really dont care what the problem was if it was a misunderstanding or not point being we were told this we should get this flat out! and it wasnt a one time thing for weeks we were told this so it should be done! You say it you do it plain and simple! I dont care if i need them or not i was told this is what would be done i contacted all my friends told them what they said and they come back to the game now im to be called a liar cuz they arent doing what they said their gonna do i dont think so i think this needs to be looked at and fixed!

G

I am fine with 3 sets of gifts... if every account received 8?! That would be absolutely ridiculous. That is why I never believed that all 8 sims would receive gifts when it was being passed around.

Okay so Parizad or some dev made a mistake. I understand people are upset but they've done so much for us and I am not going to pancake at anyone. This game has changed a lot more in these past few months than they did in 5 years. I am going to let this slide.

Plus, if everyone received 8 of everything... they would lose a lot of value I think... and I don't want my gifts to lose value, you shouldn't either!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Connie,

You may want to check the blog again.. They have updated the numbers.

Founders get 8.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I guess I don't understand the issue here.
Is this just about 3 out of 8 sims getting founder status or gifts again?
I mean I was never told it would be all 8, so I assumed it would only be 3. They never posted it on the blog so I didn't see anything set in stone.
I understand some of you dealt with a miscommunication at CH but to really believe you would get 8 gifts again, when originally they were only given out to 3 sims, wouldn't make sense to me.

And why is everyone in such a rush for amnesty? Aren't you enjoying your game play regardless? Why do you need amnesty immediately in order to be positive or happy? They will get it done, when its time; thats how I see it.

Oh well, good luck to everyone who is mad and unhappy about the miscommunication.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Connie,

Founders get 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see what you see lol.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Connie,

Founders get 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see what you see lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. Never mind. I read the 8 avatars. Not 8 gifts. lol. That's what I get for trying to read with paint splatter all over my glasses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I don't understand the issue here.
Is this just about 3 out of 8 sims getting founder status or gifts again?
I mean I was never told it would be all 8, so I assumed it would only be 3. They never posted it on the blog so I didn't see anything set in stone.
I understand some of you dealt with a miscommunication at CH but to really believe you would get 8 gifts again, when originally they were only given out to 3 sims, wouldn't make sense to me.

And why is everyone in such a rush for amnesty? Aren't you enjoying your game play regardless? Why do you need amnesty immediately in order to be positive or happy? They will get it done, when its time; thats how I see it.

Oh well, good luck to everyone who is mad and unhappy about the miscommunication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with you about the gifts... I'm waiting on amnesty for skill locks. To me that is the priority because if I am doing anything other than skilling, the skills I worked so hard for degrade and I find myself skilling constantly rather than enjoying other aspects of the game. No I don't MIND skilling but I would like the locks

I

imported_Qute Pi

I hate skilling and I have 1 lock past due lol, which I reported to the bug email.
So I can imagine why you would be waiting for that lol.

G

lol I am glad I am not the only one! Supposedly they stopped giving locks out for now? Not sure why... I've read it on here somewhere... I am also due another lock!

G

okay well that kinda bites if im reading this right that only 3 of our avatars will get aniversary gifts but i can live with that as long as this hasnt to do with the amensty gifts that are being givin out soon and like i said i was there when it was being said in the city hall that all 8 give em its not the items it was the point that we were being told one thing and doing another ...

&gt;&gt; … what about amnesty?
This program doesn’t affect the amnesty program. They are indpedent

The way it was written the first time made people think they were onnly doing 3 sims on each account on the amnesty im very glad thas not the case.

G

Miscommunications do happen in business all the time. The fact is Greg is one of the lead devs and he overrides Pari, so even if Pari promised us a rose garden and the devs say umm nooo roses for you that would be that.

Be happy we are getting re-gifted at all, I fought hard for this, campaigned for it strenuously, I for one am just glad he decided to make it for 3 sims instead of 1 like he originally planned!

Oh now that I see Gregs note perhaps I misunderstand too.

G

Yep Rem, if you have the paid time you get them again even if you still own your originals.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Well even for amnesty, I don't believe all 8 sims will re get a gift, when originally only 3 would have received it in the past. But...what do I know lol.
I'll wait and see, and be happy if its 3 or 8.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Miscommunications do happen in business all the time. The fact is Greg is one of the lead devs and he overrides Pari, so even if Pari promised us a rose garden and the devs say umm nooo roses for you that would be that.

Be happy we are getting re-gifted at all, I fought hard for this, campaigned for it strenuously, I for one am just glad he decided to make it for 3 sims instead of 1 like he originally planned!

[/ QUOTE ]

In any type of business i know of if you promise a customer something wrong or right its to be givin if there was a miscommunication between them that is still their mistake not ours.. and should have been delt with accourdingly... what was promised should be givin... and yes i do appreciate what they are doing im not saying that but u cant go around having high people in ea land saying things and not living up to what they lead their players to expect. A Car dealership u see an advertizement saying u get a free tv with purchase of any new car. You go in there buy your car and they say "oops im sorry so and so shouldnt have advertized that no u wont be getting a tv". They have to give out what they advertize its not any different here.