• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats new with Holiday Gift token 2018

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm happy they changed it to 51 lockdowns when full (holds 250 recipes)
I love that its got that blue streak on it...
I've been wanting that for a long time...

yes I am one of the people who keep every recipe I get.
they are only worth 10 cleanup points, if thrown away...
I would rather help a friend or anybody who needs it...
makes me feel good to be able to say, yes I have that...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm happy they changed it to 51 lockdowns when full (holds 250 recipes)
I love that its got that blue streak on it...
I've been wanting that for a long time...

they are only worth 10 cleanup points, if thrown away...
I would rather help a friend or anybody who needs it...
makes me feel good to be able to say, yes I have that...
Nice. I just want it so I can combine them into 1 container. I doubt you can eat them right from the book. That would make a lot fewer clicks for me.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhhhh i seeeeeee .......this is .....a kiss the devs butt thread... jesus....

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No kisses 'til they fix the jewelry box, and then no kisses because they did the jewelry box wrong in the first place.
Someone designed this, someone implemented this, someone tested this, and someone signed off on this. That's four people who aren't very good at their jobs.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <snip> ...
Someone designed this, someone implemented this, someone tested this, and someone signed off on this. ... <snip> ...
In order ... yup, yup, really? and yup

Remember, testing is (given a perfect setup) two-fold ... Dev for alpha testing and <gasp> US for beta testing (TC). If WE didn't do our job of finding flaws missed in alpha whose fault is that.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In order ... yup, yup, really? and yup

Remember, testing is (given a perfect setup) two-fold ... Dev for alpha testing and <gasp> US for beta testing (TC). If WE didn't do our job of finding flaws missed in alpha whose fault is that.
And if we did find it and report it, 9 out of ten they release it anyway...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No kisses 'til they fix the jewelry box, and then no kisses because they did the jewelry box wrong in the first place.
Someone designed this, someone implemented this, someone tested this, and someone signed off on this. That's four people who aren't very good at their jobs.
Also no kisses until RAMS ARE RIDEABLE! Sry I have one track mind about this RAM thing. Problem is they lok soooo cool. But on the other hand if they make the Frost Beetle rideable..wow now we are looking at super nice graphic also.

What would it take to fix the lewelry box though? Make it sortable, of course. That would take likely more than just a little work coding or re-coding the routine for the box. Should have been coded from the beginning, and delay its release as it is now..Now to fix that object is more painful, since will require new coding, and make sure that all its relationships with the main code are working correctly with no buggy behaviors etc. The jewelry box may have been perhaps one of the most useful items in the game. I like it, but I'm afraid that the work to fix it cannot happen, not easily esp. if you look at how many properties are on rings/bracelets/talis.
But before you had a PILE of rings, bracelets, talis in boxes. Yes you can label boxes, and attach books to boxes to help searching, but that took massive storage space.
Now at least we can have 1-2-3-4-5-6 jewelry boxes, that can hold different main subcategory of r/b/t's, then you can mouse over items and grab easily, saving hundreds of storage spaces.
Also to make things more complicated, think of you putting x-hundred rings etc in one JB, then they try to "fix" it, them all your stuff is lost.. Item Should have been "fixed" before production and on TC1.
This is why we tested it on TC1 and made our comments at that time about it. Anyways..I think too late now.
Im afraid that these may not change for the years to come..Will be a very pleasant surprise if they "fix".

And MAKE RAMS AND FROSTBEETLES RIDEABLE..:facepalm::offtopic:

Merth

Journeyman
Recode the jewelry box and then set up a vendor like the event ones. Tirn in old jb get new one

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well if we are going to chastise them for things left undone then I say we start more towards the beginning of crap left unfinished... Lets start with the Gothic and Rustic sets shall we? Now normally I upgrade every account I own to whatever comes out but when this 1/2 done thing came out I vowed I would not buy more than 1 ..... I have kept that vow... not a single one of my accounts save 1 has the Gothic or the Rustic sets... Why?
Because there were no matching floor tiles or roof tiles or even doors that matched those put out... not to mention the Rustic Set is hideously ugly almost as bad as the crystal crap ... I still think it looks somewhat like pink cardboard... more than a rustic barn or something they might have been trying for... Without doors, floors or roof tiles what good are they?? Pretty much anything you try to put with them looks ridiculous... Sad really... My case in point the "winning" castle with the pink carpet... hideous.
Everything is rushed out before it's done... and the person who's supposed to be QA... What exactly does this person do??? Because from where I sit ... they must look at things with some very rosey glasses to sign off on things the way they do... And I'm half guessing they only test things in one client... the CC ... As anyone who uses the EC will tell you most that stuff isn't tested at all... as sometimes like with the case of the recent meteorites once polished it wouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to see that the EC had 2 of the stones with the WRONG ART...

I rest my case.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re the jewelry box: My big problem with it is that I can't put an object back where I got it from, which means that there is no good way of organizing them.

They already had an item where you could put things back where they came from: the seed box. It's dumb that similar functionality wasn't put into the jewelry box.
@Kyronix @Bleak @Misk @Mesanna hashbrowns, hashbrowns.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re the jewelry box: My big problem with it is that I can't put an object back where I got it from, which means that there is no good way of organizing them.

They already had an item where you could put things back where they came from: the seed box. It's dumb that similar functionality wasn't put into the jewelry box.
@Kyronix @Bleak @Misk @Mesanna hashbrowns, hashbrowns.
Not dumb lazy... call it what it is... lazy...

They didn't want to give us the jewelry box in the first place so they made it as lame as possible just to shut us up from asking for it... we have it now... guess next time we need to be FAR more specific with what we ask for...

They have quit making things stackable which IMO is a shame... as the #1 Golden Rule IMO ought to be "should this stack"... and the answer 99% of the time should be a resounding YES.

But that's a whole other ball of wax...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I got two and after trying to use them for a few days and finding them a bit annoying I went back to storing jewellery in a normal chest, as the functionality of standard EC containers is much better.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got two and after trying to use them for a few days and finding them a bit annoying I went back to storing jewellery in a normal chest, as the functionality of standard EC containers is much better.
I got 1... when I found out that once you fill it you can't pick it up and put it on your bug to move because now it's 500 items and you can't carry 500 items...

I haven't touched one since.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Phew, alot of bad vibes here. :D
Nope. Not bad vibes..
Just UO reality (or unreality), and work done -partly-,and unfinished, that if you are a seasoned player, leaves you with frustration, and why did this happen this way. The jewelry box was a gift and a curse at the same time, for instance with no sorting functions. Imagine looking for a ring with specific stats on it and have to mouse over 100-200 rings. Yes it saves space, but they created a dump bag basically. The jewelry box pissed off a lot of people that expected better functionality. They MAY fix it at some point, but may not.
This and other things..
So the posters are nit just griping. They are spot on.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt mean you, mate ;)

You are right, the box was a fail...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not dumb lazy... call it what it is... lazy...

They didn't want to give us the jewelry box in the first place so they made it as lame as possible just to shut us up from asking for it... we have it now... guess next time we need to be FAR more specific with what we ask for...
The jewelry box was the beta test for what would later become the EJ bank box.

There were no intentions to make it a specialized jewelry container, they just used the opportunity to get early testing on that code. No need for more features when you compare it to the EJ bank box.

Some still believe it was their intention to help us out though. lol :rolleyes: Keep believing.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The jewelry box was the beta test for what would later become the EJ bank box.

There were no intentions to make it a specialized jewelry container, they just used the opportunity to get early testing on that code. No need for more features when you compare it to the EJ bank box.

Some still believe it was their intention to help us out though. lol :rolleyes: Keep believing.

You.... Damn.... Kids.... Devs....

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It shows all recipes and when you have a recipe in the book it shows how many of those are in the book.

That's nice. You know what recipes are available.
That is, until they add new recipes.... and ignore updating the book with them... kinda like clean up points =p

Anything added to the game should be given a cleanup point value upon implementation, then they wouldn't have to worry about updating all these little things several years after the fact.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm one of those that tosses every recipe I get or I'll have them everywhere. For that reason I like the book, I may get them on my crafter yet!

Thanks for the gifts, UO staff.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was the question answered.. what were the 8 rare colour giftbox hues for xmas 2018??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anybody got a piccy of a 2018 boxes set like the 2017 boxes set below.... and hue colours....of the 8

giftbox set 2017.jpg

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has a variety of sort functions and support for selling recipes
If so, would then the Global Vendor Search function be able to "see" individual Recipes in a Recipe Book ?

I would imagine that players would search for "individual" recipes and not for "books of Recipes"....