• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats new with Holiday Gift token 2018

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
will you love it? upload_2018-11-21_19-50-41.png
upload_2018-11-21_19-45-13.png
A receipe Boooooooooook (top right corner)
upload_2018-11-21_19-46-27.png
And here the Sign
upload_2018-11-21_19-51-57.png

upload_2018-11-21_19-59-20.png

Happy Thanksgiving to all....

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How many do we get?

I'll be shard trading for the token.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The sign has 3 different sayings. Use the context menu when locked down to change.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absoloute crap gifts again iam afraid ....so yes ok nice for one of each.... but after that methinks we dont need 10 happy holidays signs and 20 recipe book - NO WE DONT... ..methinks all the good stuff is in the use your real money store....gone are the days we got great stuff like soulstone frags etc etc etc... never happen again when u can buy for $$$$

Wentox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Absoloute crap gifts again iam afraid ....so yes ok nice for one of each.... but after that methinks we dont need 10 happy holidays signs and 20 recipe book - NO WE DONT... ..methinks all the good stuff is in the use your real money store....gone are the days we got great stuff like soulstone frags etc etc etc... never happen again when u can buy for $$$$
Absolutely agreed. Trash gifts. Few cleaning points nothing else.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just hold on to them for a couple years. Maybe by then they'll be worth cleanup points.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as it said in some song ..." can't please everybody" ..
on the other hand ..they do not have to give us anything at all..
there's that thought too..
and you can make soulstone frags ..

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and you can make soulstone frags ..
With ridiculously hard to get or expensive mats. Total loss on the crafted frags, that, like most of the last few years' grinds, has been a waste of Dev time...

I'm not sure the Devs are ever gonna catch on that we don't want constant grinds, nor to have to play 8 hrs a day to accomplish anything

Reactions: THP

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dunno why y'all are griping. The wreaths look nice and have different names on them.

Serious question... wth do y'all expect? A 1 of 1 rare? smh

View attachment 89726
Most just Gripe for Gripe sakes...

Sort of become the norm now... I don't know not much in UO really excites me anymore either so... but I don't wanna knock the gifts this year they got most of it right... it's nice you might get a super pretty box... So Meh...
Personally, I just like a nice gift that gives me something I can use, something to "collect" something to hope for...

Happy IMO about a space saving item... And unlike that horrid Jewelry box which still has issues no one seems to want to solve... Like the fact that you pick it up your pretty well screwed since you can't put it in a bug to move unless you empty the dang thing... I am rather happy the book sounds perfect... just what I been wanting.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'm taking back what I said about the Recipe Books. Each recipe takes a lockdown/storage. Now they said it would be like BoD books which is 5-1 not 1-1. So, not quite as happy as I first thought.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok, I'm taking back what I said about the Recipe Books. Each recipe takes a lockdown/storage. Now they said it would be like BoD books which is 5-1 not 1-1. So, not quite as happy as I first thought.
Hopefully they tweak that before it goes live..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no griping ...after taking one of each...... no point holiday trading tokens either!!!- killed that too......could have at least had say 20 diff coloured wreaths to collect with a couple hard to get ones.... instead of a list of lame names again....awefull....no thought or very little.. yes thumbs up for one reccipe book..thanks

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The wreath is really nice, I'll probably just get a load of those.
The recipe book is of no use to me, so I won't bother with that.
That sign, hmm it looks like it should be neon and outside a hotel...I'll wait and see how it looks in-game...:D

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm thoroughly confused. People have been begging for a recipe book for years; it arrives; there is still complaining.

Actually, I'm not confused. Most of you are too old and crabby!

All that's missing is someone sitting on their front porch, yelling at the kids to get off their lawn.

Gifts are awesome. Love em.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What exactly is the "Amount" column for? it can't be counting the total of a particular recipe, or else they would all be showing 1.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What exactly is the "Amount" column for? it can't be counting the total of a particular recipe, or else they would all be showing 1.
Are there recipes in that book? The drop button is missing.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

From the patch notes:

• Has a variety of sort functions and support for selling recipes

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the patch notes:

• Has a variety of sort functions and support for selling recipes
Right.
But you missed the point, there is a column for price, what is the column for amount used for? Amount of what?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Amount of recipes you want to sell....if you have multiples....I would assume I don't know I haven't tested that function yet.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amount of recipes you want to sell....if you have multiples....I would assume I don't know I haven't tested that function yet.
Okay, I figured if that was the case for that column, it would be showing a 1...for the recipe that was there in the picture

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you sort it? Mine is showing

Book.jpg

So I just grabbed random recipes to copy over and dumped them into the book

BOOK2.jpg

The sell feature for the book seems to be broken...

glitch.jpg

So I can't test how you would sell on a vendor but the set price works

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly, I find this collection the most disappointing I can remember.

No clue how I'll unload them, from importing them from other dead shards. hehe

As a rule, they should have at least 5 choices.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It shows all recipes and when you have a recipe in the book it shows how many of those are in the book.

That's nice. You know what recipes are available.
you can search for recipes you are missing too

if you want to test out the book... you don't have to transfer recipes to TC1
type give resources... your bank box will have a bag of recipes

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can search for recipes you are missing too

if you want to test out the book... you don't have to transfer recipes to TC1
type give resources... your bank box will have a bag of recipes
This will lead to collecting the recipes even if we will never use them. Feed the addiction.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hurray for recipe book! I really wish the storage book type items were craftables so that players coming in later have more ready access to them, but I'll take it. The wreath and poinsetta are fine. I would guess (but don't know for sure) that the boxes will probably have rare colors, and the poinsettas apparently do if you look further up in this thread (I got a white one on TC myself).

I'm not sure why some of you are so upset. The way I see it, the holiday gift is the Krampus content--hence the inclusion of the newspaper. Nothing in the box is bad or unusable. They put out Khaldun, new huntmaster's challenges, new artisan stuff, and then Krampus one right after the other. That's quite a lot. I'm no cheerleader, but the devs aren't magicians, and I'm happy with a lesser gift box but more stuff to actually do. Every gift you get isn't going to be the best ever.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing that really bums me is that the Recipe book doesn't reduce the lockdowns... that really peeves me, to say the least... I want to free up space... seriously. Can't fathom why they would make it and leave out that seriously important thing... And seriously if they want me to quit hoarding things then they need to add more of this crap to the cleanup list so I can feel like throwing it away actually is more worthwhile than keeping it in the odd chance that it may one day be worth something to someone... As it is I hang on to it because it doesn't do anyone any good if I throw it all away and it earns me nothing... so it sits and clogs the server. Make it worth my while to toss it and I will.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahemm .. seen you post a ton of times - so am sure you know you CAN put the recipe
book on vendor mark it not for sale and pay the horribly high fee of 60g old per day .. and it wont take any lock downs -
just toss it up there the vendors holding your bod books .. if you have those ..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ahemm .. seen you post a ton of times - so am sure you know you CAN put the recipe
book on vendor mark it not for sale and pay the horribly high fee of 60g old per day .. and it wont take any lock downs -
just toss it up there the vendors holding your bod books .. if you have those ..
Sure I could but #1 I don't want a crap ton of vendors blocking up lagging out my house... I honestly HATE vendors...

And besides, then I have to drop tons of gold on it so it will remain up for the next 12 years and I'll forget to watch it and then poof all my crap is gone... NO I don't care to vendor stuff.

Honestly, I'd rather it just reduced lockdowns on its own.

After much jabbing from my friends, I finally put a crap ton of my gift box collection on vendors... waiting for the day that gets bugged and borked. And finally that's great but then every time I want to allow someone to click the crap out of the book and get the missing recipes they need I'd have to take the damn thing back off the vendor...

Or each time I want to add more to it or have one of my other crafters use the book no... too much of a PITA ...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sure I could but #1 I don't want a crap ton of vendors blocking up lagging out my house... I honestly HATE vendors...

And besides, then I have to drop tons of gold on it so it will remain up for the next 12 years and I'll forget to watch it and then poof all my crap is gone... NO I don't care to vendor stuff.

Honestly, I'd rather it just reduced lockdowns on its own.

After much jabbing from my friends, I finally put a crap ton of my gift box collection on vendors... waiting for the day that gets bugged and borked. And finally that's great but then every time I want to allow someone to click the crap out of the book and get the missing recipes they need I'd have to take the damn thing back off the vendor...

Or each time I want to add more to it or have one of my other crafters use the book no... too much of a PITA ...
I don't want to insult you but...
LOL. You guys complain way too much about simple stuff. You should be thankful.

As mentioned You have now the option to use a vendor. 1 vendor will not make any lag and you can include them easy in your decoration.

Throw a mil in it. Holds basically forever.

No one has a problem with complaining about serious issues But this here gets stupid.