• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What online game(s) are you currently playing?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
5 days to go and finally GW2 :)

I been pwning Fruit ninja slice and Jewels Star on my phone of late.

Please put me out of my misery for doing so lol.
I'm not ready! Necro or ranger?

Also, which server? Arg!

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL what server did you try? I am going to play on Jade Quarry.

All the professions rocked but between those two above you mentioned I would go with a ranger. I played with one alot in WvW. You just have to go with the one you feel comfortable with.

List of the servers at launch.

Europe

• Fissure of Woe
  • Desolation
  • Gandara
  • Blacktide
  • Ring of Fire
  • Underworld
  • Far Shiverpeaks
  • Whiteside Ridge
  • Ruins of Surmia
  • Seafarer’s Rest
  • Vabbi
  • Piken Square
  • Aurora Glade
  • Gunnar’s Hold
  • Jade Sea [FR]
  • Fort Ranik [FR]
  • Augury Rock [FR]
  • Vizunah Square [FR]
  • Kodash [DE]
  • Riverside [DE]
  • Elona Reach [DE]
  • Abaddon’s Mouth [DE]
  • Drakkar Lake [DE]
  • Baruch Bay [ES]

US

• Anvil Rock
  • Borlis Pass
  • Yak’s Bend
  • Henge of Denravi
  • Maguuma
  • Sorrow’s Furnace
  • Gate of Madness
  • Jade Quarry
  • Fort Aspenwood
  • Ehmry Bay
  • Stormbluff Isle
  • Darkhaven
  • Sanctum of Rall
  • Crystal Desert
  • Isle of Janthir
  • Sea of Sorrows
  • Tarnished Coast
  • Northern Shiverpeaks
  • Blackgate
  • Ferguson’s Crossing
  • Dragonbrand

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So, What online game(s) are you currently playing?
Star Wars: The Old Republic (The Shadowlands Server)
Ultima Online (Chesapeake)
LotRO occassionally (Windfola Server)
Combat Arms here and there.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really want Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but I have too many things on backlog at the moment to justify immediate purchase, especially since Steam has so many sales.

Last edited:

Neves

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We should prolly do a TF2 portal. Problem, as Cirno said, is that its hard to improve upon the TF2 wiki.
TF2 is the awesome. And they just came out with the MvM mode. Super fun times.

Last edited:

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slowly making my way through Borderlands 2 co-op playing as Maya, so much fun!

Last edited:
O

oldfogi

Slowly making my way through Borderlands 2 co-op playing as Maya, so much fun!
Would you recommend Borderlands 2 to someone who played the first game, but didn't really have any desire to play the expansions? Is there enough new content or is it more like a really big expansion pack?

as of late I've been addicted to LoL and Remnant Knights, also play Minecraft when I just want to mess around.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you recommend Borderlands 2 to someone who played the first game, but didn't really have any desire to play the expansions? Is there enough new content or is it more like a really big expansion pack?

as of late I've been addicted to LoL and Remnant Knights, also play Minecraft when I just want to mess around.
It depends on what you liked about the first game. Most of the complaints I've seen have been that they didn't make it enough like the first one especially in regards to classes. If you were really attached to one specific class or character than you may not be happy with what's in Borderlands 2 since they've all changed. But it sounds to me like you're looking for something new and so I think you'll be happy with it right from the start since you'll be picking an all new character to play as. But really the game has done very well among media and fans alike (except for that one bizarre Wall Street Journal review which has since been revised).

The only returning class (in name) is the Siren which plays much differently from the Siren of the original Borderlands, I did a little write up about that in particular on the front page. The Commando resembles the Soldier class, however the turret has been upgraded to new levels of awesomeness. As for other changes, there is a new vehicle, character and vehicle customizations, a new and better developed plot line with tons of added humor, and a whole host of new creatures and enemies unlike anything in the first game (especially if you never played the expansions). The skill trees and class mods for each character can be adjusted for solo or cooperative players, though I will always recommend co-op for Borderlands games :) So yes, I think they have added enough to it to be able to recommend it to anyone who liked Borderlands 1 and also kept enough the same so that anyone who played the first one will be immediately familiar with what's going on.

Last edited:

Asmodeus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Started Uncharted Waters Online last night, DDO though I'm kind of on a break for this one and awaiting Neverwinter Online

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Primarily Guild Wars 2, but I have Diablo II installed and have invested about 20 hours in to it before GW2 was released. Other than Torchwood II when the Mac client is released I'm not anticipating any other new games currently.

Proto Foe

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Currently playing:

MoP
Fifa 13
Dishonored
Replaying Reach, Halo Anny, 2 and 3! In time for 4!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ultima Online
The Secret World
Sims 3 (lol shh dont tell anyone)

Cyr Isis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have GW2 but I got sick when it first came out, got to lvl 3 and haven't played it since. Diablo 3, got through normal on my Demon Hunter and lost interest.
I mainly play on my Minecraft server when I do play a game.
I do want to get back to DAOC but one of my sidekicks forgot his info, the email is wrong in his account and I cannot find the notepad I wrote his info down on. Hopefully he can retrieve it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope nobody minds me bumping an older thread since I'd posted in it previously, but I picked up Guild Wars 2 when it was on sale just before Christmas, I'm a level 70ish Ranger on Gate of Madness now.