• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What needs to be done to make faction PVP more prolific?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a total rework of the faction system. Since we're talking about fantasy re-works that will never happen this document should fit right in.
That wasn't my intention with this topic. My goal was to discuss what fundamental changes could be made to encourage more PVP. Apparently people just want to whine about faction alliances instead.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok Cardell. We all understand that your life isn't quite up to par. Your lame attempts at trying to insult me while seeking some sort of acceptance on a message board where no one really gives a **** is really just sad. Give it a break.

R

Randy(Mals)

That wasn't my intention with this topic. My goal was to discuss what fundamental changes could be made to encourage more PVP. Apparently people just want to whine about faction alliances instead.
The same thing you would be whinning about if your guild didn't already have the alliance going. It needs to drop or make it to where everyone can do it. Link you shouldn't be allowed to make posts reguarding pvp because you have yet to figure out how to even do so yet.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If faction alliances were such a big problem they would have been dealt with already. The fact is they aren't. People were using them for about 4 years without any mention of it. Then when factions became active again some people started complaining. Those same people didn't care about the base issues where blues could prevent entry and block them up. No, it was all about being able to communicate in alliance chat and fighting at Champion Spawns.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok Cardell. We all understand that your life isn't quite up to par. Your lame attempts at trying to insult me while seeking some sort of acceptance on a message board where no one really gives a **** is really just sad. Give it a break.
Uhh. Not up to par? Really.. You would know all this how? Do you have satellites tracking me? Do you get these satellite feeds sent directly to your trailer or what?

Acceptance from who? Everyone loves me! :thumbup:

No one cares here? Isn't the whole reason for a forum is to provide a place for people who care (about what ever it is) to talk about ****?

V

Vyal

Fighting on all facets if your in a factions, thats theeeeee best thing they could ever do.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If faction alliances were such a big problem they would have been dealt with already. The fact is they aren't. People were using them for about 4 years without any mention of it. Then when factions became active again some people started complaining. Those same people didn't care about the base issues where blues could prevent entry and block them up. No, it was all about being able to communicate in alliance chat and fighting at Champion Spawns.
Really?

Like the point system being broken... that's not a big problem, so its not dealt with... It's only makes points completely meaningless and makes it 20009293x easier to farm points.

So.. If the the point system served any purpose maybe they would fix it?

doesn't that sound stupid?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe now some actual discussion can go on how to increase the amount of PVP in factions.

B

BLACK^^

I personally do not think that there needs to be a point of faction fighting, im in factions so the people i kill are inconvenienced for 20min, to me that is motivation enough to be active in factions.

The change i would make is that you shouldn't be able to lose points while in stat loss and fix the alliance with non-faction guild issue.

Alot people say it is a non issue but non-faction blues interfering with factions was always a problem. The blues do the main damage and the OJ gets the kill shots, its just stupid.

A

Aasmius

When my Char is up i will join you all in faction fighting. (returning to UO since 99)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The change i would make is that you shouldn't be able to lose points while in stat loss
If you don't want to lose points in stat loss then don't fight in stat loss.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what everyone is complaining about, I do faction fights every night and that's the only thing I do.

All we had to do was build a group on four shards so we can hop from shard to shard as people go into their houses and hide!

S

S.W.A.T

Maybe this might sound a little silly, but about 95% of the people joining factions are only doing it for the faction artifacts, they don't even have to pvp to wear a majority of them by farming points etc. People have also been complaining about same faction killing each other, I'm sure no ones going to agree, but I think if a faction owned all the towns, or even half of the towns, they should be the only ones able to wear the faction items (Regardless of rank), that would encourage people to actually start raiding/defending and working to be able to wear all of this advanced gear, It would also encourage the same faction guilds/mates to start working with each other then against each other, because if they kill half there faction, and they get raided it really lowers there chances of succesfully defending. The old timers would have to be put back into place though!

Just my idea :]

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else been wondering if the developers plan to add factions to the loyalty system? The notes for Publish 60 hint that they plan to expand it. For now, they just have the system in place for building up loyalty points towards the Gargoyle Queen. Rewards in that system seem to only include the ability to place a house in Ter Mur and use the Queen's soul forge. You earn the points by killing monsters and completing quests.

If you take that idea and apply it to factions, how would you make it work? I think the loyalty points would be different from kill points and probably available to any faction character (including the crafters) and there would probably be some actions that would make you lose loyalty points. Don't know if there'd be any kind of "leader board" like there is for kill points though.

Anyway....just wondered if anyone else has been wondering and musing a bit regarding a faction-oriented loyalty point system.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else been wondering if the developers plan to add factions to the loyalty system? The notes for Publish 60 hint that they plan to expand it. For now, they just have the system in place for building up loyalty points towards the Gargoyle Queen. Rewards in that system seem to only include the ability to place a house in Ter Mur and use the Queen's soul forge. You earn the points by killing monsters and completing quests.

If you take that idea and apply it to factions, how would you make it work? I think the loyalty points would be different from kill points and probably available to any faction character (including the crafters) and there would probably be some actions that would make you lose loyalty points. Don't know if there'd be any kind of "leader board" like there is for kill points though.

Anyway....just wondered if anyone else has been wondering and musing a bit regarding a faction-oriented loyalty point system.
There isnt a leader board for kill points either. They seem to have disabled the factions page. I would think they would fix the problem other than remove the only tool we could use to show that there are other people who are in fact point farming... But hey what ever... something needs to be fixed... lets just close our eyes so we cant see it.. lol . These devs are on some bull****.

I think it would be cool if there was a 'faction loyalty' that raised the more you ran, reset, and guarded the sigs.

A

Aasmius

Maybe this might sound a little silly, but about 95% of the people joining factions are only doing it for the faction artifacts, they don't even have to pvp to wear a majority of them by farming points etc. People have also been complaining about same faction killing each other, I'm sure no ones going to agree, but I think if a faction owned all the towns, or even half of the towns, they should be the only ones able to wear the faction items (Regardless of rank), that would encourage people to actually start raiding/defending and working to be able to wear all of this advanced gear, It would also encourage the same faction guilds/mates to start working with each other then against each other, because if they kill half there faction, and they get raided it really lowers there chances of succesfully defending. The old timers would have to be put back into place though!

I like this idea (claps)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its not a bad idea, but it would encourage zergs out the yang. Then you would see people complaining about people all joining one faction, because the best guild is in it, and since there is no balance system anymore (yay devs) everyone on the shard could technically join 1 faction.

THEN, you would see even more 'waa waa waa my own faction is killing me' threads.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not a bad idea, but it would encourage zergs out the yang
This already happens as it takes 20 TB or more to raid 5 CoM while guarding. Wouldn't be much of a difference.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This already happens as it takes 20 TB or more to raid 5 CoM while guarding. Wouldn't be much of a difference.
It would be a difference if everyone joined COM so we all always owned the towns. That was my point.

Your not smart enough to recognize that and you failed to insult anyone really, everyone knows u guys are in bed with FKD.. and by in bed i mean, you're their booty call. You run sigs for them and call them in when there is a fight you can't handle. lol, Which is oddly every time im there at least... The last time I raided u guys with only 2 other people you called in 10 of them imbued archer/tamer scamps to hold ur hand because you and 5 or 6 boyfriends couldn't fight off 3 ppl. So keep talking hypocrite. And keep nut cupping. ****ing laughable.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on this weekend when myself and two other TB raided 4 CoM.

I haven't been a part of any 20 man raids.. and I'm TB.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a difference if everyone joined COM so we all always owned the towns. That was my point.

Your not smart enough to recognize that and you failed to insult anyone really, everyone knows u guys are in bed with FKD.. and by in bed i mean, you're their booty call. You run sigs for them and call them in when there is a fight you can't handle. lol, Which is oddly every time im there at least... The last time I raided u guys with only 2 other people you called in 10 of them imbued archer/tamer scamps to hold ur hand because you and 5 or 6 boyfriends couldn't fight off 3 ppl. So keep talking hypocrite. And keep nut cupping. ****ing laughable.

I wasn't insulting anyone dip****. They literally raid with that many. I have screenshots. And we are allied with FKD and IJAG, unlike the 50 alliances in TB. So what's your point? We fight with them because that's what alliances are for. Last time I saw you even at our base was when you were there on your thief with TB raiding. You're a joke and should just stfu.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't insulting anyone dip****. They literally raid with that many. I have screenshots. And we are allied with FKD and IJAG, unlike the 50 alliances in TB. So what's your point? We fight with them because that's what alliances are for. Last time I saw you even at our base was when you were there on your thief with TB raiding. You're a joke and should just stfu.

lol, im a joke?.. I've killed you a million times... maybe even a billion and the closest thing you got to beating me was a dismount while someone else disarmed, and 8 other people RS me down. Your a god damn punching bag and you have no credibility. You need to stfu recognize who your talking to. Son. Stop being a POS hypocrite.. you need your zerg to hold your hand when you fight anyone better than you. Which is a **** load of people. So stop talking ****, you have no room to talk Mr. Irrelevant.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, im a joke?.. I've killed you a million times... maybe even a billion and the closest thing you got to beating me was a dismount while someone else disarmed, and 8 other people RS me down. Your a god damn punching bag and you have no credibility. You need to stfu recognize who your talking to. Son. Stop being a POS hypocrite.. you need your zerg to hold your hand when you fight anyone better than you. Which is a **** load of people. So stop talking ****, you have no room to talk Mr. Irrelevant.

yeah you're a joke, and you've killed me maybe once in a dismount gank with a tb tamer. Youre ****ing awesome. Keep talking you worthless pos.

Most People, if not all, in 82 would bend you over the CoM Faction stone and make you scream for FKD...
Right.....this is why they need to zerg. Dumb****.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah you're a joke, and you've killed me maybe once in a dismount gank with a tb tamer. Youre ****ing awesome. Keep talking you worthless pos.
First things first. Compared to you.. Yes, I am awesome..

I've killed you once in a dismount gank with a tb tamer? WTF did you pull this garbage from? Think.. real hard in your tiny brain all those times I mutilated you while you where part of the 20 man TB raid.. just because you switch factions and pay for easy mode imbued items doesnt make you good.. Your still a punching bag.. and I never roll with TB tamers. Never.. the only time I can think of being with a TB fighting you was me and habibi fighting you and some dexer with an insane kryss. You guys pretty much ran around for 5 minutes, then you died. and 10 FKD archer tamers came in..

..... keep talking nut cupper.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing that you could be compared to that could make you look awesome.

And Amnesia and I fought on the bridge killing the majority of TB while you stood on top of the wall. I died to a rediculous amount of people on me running around the brit healers on foot. This is while I was in Minax so FKD had nothing to do with it.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing that you could be compared to that could make you look awesome.

And Amnesia and I fought on the bridge killing the majority of TB while you stood on top of the wall. I died to a rediculous amount of people on me running around the brit healers on foot. This is while I was in Minax so FKD had nothing to do with it.
Why are you bringing up this fight? If I recall.. You died first because they were smart and targeted the weakest link first. Obviously.. You were dismounted as I recalled in and you ran around the healer instead of going for a spot you can teleport, or pop an invis pot.. You had like 6 ppl on you and who kept you alive? I was being disarmed and RS while healing keeping your ass alive.. You only made it to the healers because I was there to keep you alive a good 2 minutes longer than you should have lived.. Your welcome! btw..

Why are we even talking about this fight? I was talking about when you were in CoM..

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are you bringing up this fight? If I recall.. You died first because they were smart and targeted the weakest link first. Obviously.. You were dismounted as I recalled in and you ran around the healer instead of going for a spot you can teleport, or pop an invis pot.. You had like 6 ppl on you and who kept you alive? I was being disarmed and RS while healing keeping your ass alive.. You only made it to the healers because I was there to keep you alive a good 2 minutes longer than you should have lived.. Your welcome! btw..

Amnesia died first. You were on the wall partied me and told me to target ones in the field. I did I got dismounted and proceeded to run around for the next 5 minutes on foot with 10 people, a beetle and a mare on me. I was out of pots and scrolls and was flagged. You didnt even start to xheal me till I was at the healers. But thanks for nothing.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amnesia died first. You were on the wall partied me and told me to target ones in the field. I did I got dismounted and proceeded to run around for the next 5 minutes on foot with 10 people, a beetle and a mare on me. I was out of pots and scrolls and was flagged. You didnt even start to xheal me till I was at the healers. But thanks for nothing.
You're on some bull****..

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I'm not. It was the last faction fight when I was in Minax. I remember it clearly.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sir, were just rocked. And I have Bo Hunter to vouche for me standing over your dead ass in Britain. Straight up 1 vs 1.
Yeah. I knew this post was coming. This is painful.. That **** wont happen again... Props on mortal spam.. a very skillful display of bull****.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. I knew this post was coming. This is painful.. That **** wont happen again...
Of course it was coming, after all I am the worst pvper/ punching bag etc. but dont feel bad i lagged hard and got ganked shortly after.

Z

Zara

For the love of everything holy... can you two agree on anything? I swear when you two start posting in a thread doing nothing but ragging on each other it's time to give up on the thread.

I've played with you both, I like you both but this is NUTS. Think maybe... just maybe we can try and get back on topic? If we want the devs to take these threads seriously we need to keep on topic so they will actually read more than the first 4 posts.

Maybe it's time to ask the moderators to make a sticky thread just for you two... The Cardel/Berethrain Bashing Thread! :gun:

LOL!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the love of everything holy... can you two agree on anything? I swear when you two start posting in a thread doing nothing but ragging on each other it's time to give up on the thread.

I've played with you both, I like you both but this is NUTS. Think maybe... just maybe we can try and get back on topic? If we want the devs to take these threads seriously we need to keep on topic so they will actually read more than the first 4 posts.

Maybe it's time to ask the moderators to make a sticky thread just for you two... The Cardel/Berethrain Bashing Thread! :gun:

LOL!
wtf u spelled my name wrong!

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun: :hahaha: <---ZARA

Z

Zara

wtf u spelled my name wrong!

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun: :hahaha: <---ZARA
No I didn't! It's Cardel/ had to give your name attitude to fit it's owner?
:eek:snap:

Sheesh! I make a perfectly acceptable and correct post and you pick on my spelling. Besides... you're not Cardell to me, you're ANTHIUS! :lick:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I didn't! It's Cardel/ had to give your name attitude to fit it's owner?
:eek:snap:

Sheesh! I make a perfectly acceptable and correct post and you pick on my spelling. Besides... you're not Cardell to me, you're ANTHIUS! :lick:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

:bdh::bdh::bdh::bdh:

:flame::flame::flame:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED