• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is your T.Hunter Template!?

K

Killer Aggie

I plan on going away from the norm of either a mage, bard, or tamer and instead creating a mysticism t-hunter:
  • 100 Mysticism
  • 100 Imbuing
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Hiding
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Resist Spells

I plan to have on hand plenty of recall, telekenesis, and gate travel scrolls (if those will work)!

Feel free to comment.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan on going away from the norm of either a mage, bard, or tamer and instead creating a mysticism t-hunter:
  • 100 Mysticism
  • 100 Imbuing
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Hiding
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Resist Spells

I plan to have on hand plenty of recall, telekenesis, and gate travel scrolls (if those will work)!

Feel free to comment.

My template is along these lines.....

100 cartography
100 lockpick
100 magery
100 meditation
100 eval
100 mysticism
100 imbue

Im going to eventualy get scrolls (120s) for each skill. Ill keep magery at 100 and wear crystalline ring. Also going to drop eval after i get scrolls for mage med myst and imbue. Im heavily reliant on EVs and RCs. Then i just kite and hide while summons kill stuff. I have a tamer to swap taming skills over if i wanted to do lvl 6s. but most the time we make a guild thing out of the 6s and 7s.

I find this template fun to play. not sure why but it is lol

E

elspeth

Not many people go this route but I'm going to have me a thief/t-hunter - the ultimate treasure collector.

100 cart
100 lockpick
100 hiding
120 stealing
100 mining
100 magery (or perhaps a little less)
100 alchemy (or maybe I should do fishing?)
If I ss cart/lockpick then I can have fishing as well or perhaps stealth
with items I can also add small amounts of ninjitsu

It's so hard to make up my mind!

I use 100% LRC suit with as much MR as possible.

Y

yorky

• 100 Mysticism
  • 100 Imbuing
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Hiding
  • 100 Meditation
  • 100 Resist Spells

Feel free to comment.
Ive done the same sort of:

120 Myst
120 Focus
100 Cart
100 LP
100 Mining
100 Magery
120 Fishing
50ish Med

Used Jewelry to buff up skills, havent really tested him out properly yet as im still working on fishing but overall the RC seems to be pretty funky in taking down anything that bothers me :)

A

anna anomalous

100 Mining
100 Carto
100 Lockpicking
120 Focus
120 Mystic
100 Hiding
70 Magery

LRC 100
LMC 40
Mana Increase 48
Mana Regen 6
All Resists 70

Pets: Ethereal and Rising Colossus

I just simply dig the map and hide with Magery right when it pops up to avoid getting the initial spawn. Run away, hide again, and cast a colossus at which point I can either help damage with Mystic, or just hide and let it clean up everything. One thing I do love about this method is that the rest of the monsters ignore the colossus, and it will just fight something solo. A rising colossus can take out most monsters within a few seconds, but it's damage and stats are determined by your Mystic and Focus. (which is why I run 120/120)

I do level 7s with this template, but it does take some time to take out the guardians of the following: ancient wyrms, changelings, and cold dragons due to the ability to dispel and high damage output. I typically stone Cartography for GM Meditation when hunting these to keep up with the mana cost of damaging.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 mysticism
120 imbuing
100 magery
100 mining
100 cart
100 lp
80 med
My character is a gargoyle and I unravel the loot at the queen's forge in hopes of getting relics. I might use the soulstone method and swap out cartography for spellweaving. I think arcane empowerment might be handy to reduce my summons from being dispelled.

R

Readydood

at this very current second my T hunter template is

100 cartography
93 lockpicking [going to 100]
85 magery [going to 100]
100 meditation [will probably drop after gm magery]
70 mining [not going to gm, staying here]

not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my template.
I'm a very big fan of making non-mainstream templates.
so far all I've seen are pretty much mystics, tamers, & bards dominating the T hunter circuit.

ultimately I'd like a template that can solo high end maps.
right now without any help I can do a level 5 on my own, but that's it.
level 6 becomes too hard and I need help.
I don't necessarily have a problem with this, as T hunting has always seemed to be a group activity to me.

Any of you have experience playing templates more like Elspeths? or maybe trying something that is outside the status-quo? Being able to solo level 7's is not a must as long as I have a good time on it.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120:
Magery
Music
Disco
Lore
Tame

Soulstoned skills that I swap around depending on the level of chest:
120 Spellweave, level 7 maps, arcane focus 5-6. Gift of life, renewal, word of death.
100 Picking, level 4-7
85 Mining+10+5 (Jacobs Pickaxe, Mining gloves)=100.
100 carto, decode many maps, then stone it.

Start off with core skillset and mining. Dig up chest, invis or cast EV for level 1-4.
Mark rune, recall to bank, stone on picking, or weaving first as needed. Kill mob, pick chest, loot, stock vendor, repeat.
Solo all levels of maps, natural 120 in listed skills.

LRC, LMC, MR suit.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My most recent variation on this character, resulting from the need to add mining, so that maps take only 10-15 minutes to find instead of being merely impossible. I updated this once before, minutes before Stratics went down for a day, then reverted to even a day before that.

Psycho Melee Treasure Hunter (Paladin Swordsman T-Hunter)

803 (813 while digging) points (real skill in Parentheses if different from displayed)

120 (100) Swords)
103 (87) Parry
100 LP or Cart (depending if I'm decoding maps, or actually on a trip)
100 Anatomy
100 (90) Tactics
90 mining (+10 when actually digging, from Jacob's pickaxe, though usually once I spot the location I interrupt the dig, move closer, switch to sword, and resume digging)
90 Healing
90 (60) Chivalry

Stats, with equipment, 112/120/57 (120 HP, 120 Stamina, 57 Mana)

Resists with standard suit: 70/70/70/70/70 (probably more in some resists)

My Standard Suit:

Brightsight Lenses
Ancient Samurai Do
Imbued sleeves, 69 resists & MR 2
Stormgrip
Shield of Order (human version)
Crimson Cincture
Mana Phasing Orb (HPR 1, HCI 5%, LMC 6%, 15% DI) (on lesser maps where I don't invoke mana phase, I use a Totem of the Void - typically Mana Phase only used if I'm going for a killshot Armor Ignore on an AW, and am out of mana or got mana vamped)
Conjurer's Garb (full version from curing a gypsy)
Voice of the Fallen King
Crafted Leather leggings (61 resists plus HPR 2 & HPI 4 - not Imbued, and too old to be imbued)
Imbued Jewelry set with total of +20 Swords, +7 Tactics, +30 Chivalry (LMC 7%, HCI 15%, STR +6, INT +7)
Boots of the Thrasher
Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation
Runed sash of warding (really just for show - can't get to it under robe)

Arsenal
Jacob's pickaxe (held only when digging)
Twinkling Scimitar, HML 50%, HLL 40%, DCI 6%, HLD 34%, Hit Magic Arrow 38%, DI 36% (man, I wish I could change the Hit effect and DI on this - that's what I get for crafting it with an Aggy Hammer)
Dragon's End
Soul Seeker
Elemental Slayer Katana
Demon Slayer broadsword
(the last two are at least 7 years old and been mainstays of my arsenal. One of these days I need to craft better weapons).

Total Bonuses from equipment:
Luck 265 (plus weapon)
Mana Regen 7, HP Regen 10 (plus leeches from the sword), Stamina Regen 3
+14 Str, +15 Int, +5 Dex, +14 HP, 40% DI (not counting weapon)
HCI 25% (+weapon), DCI 15% (+weapon), LMC 14%, nightsight, SSI 5%
83 skill points, all in template, from Jewelry and equipment, plus the +!0 mining when digging.

Pets/Mounts: For many chests, I use two bonded Vollem from the SA gifts - gives me in effect two non-ridable Nightmares, but these are not usable on level 5s and 6s, and vulnerable to getting killed by Ogre Lords on level 3 & level 4 maps (all the other spawn from levels 3-5 they can take down easy). Plus, my trusty swamp dragon with armor for the reduction of damage to me.

So far, the only difficulties I have is that I have to use repeated Armor Ignores on the AWs of level 6s to drop them, and sometimes run out of mana before I can finish the job (hence the mana phasing orb, which works for weapon special move costs)

andartshome

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my temp and i so;o level 7 easy

resist 100
eval 100
mage 120
focus 120
mystic 120
mediation 100
and i have a spare 100 skill points and use carto mining and lockpick from stone

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My new template that I am trying out
120 music
120 peace
120 discord
120 archery
100 lock pick/100 cartography- I soulstone between the two
89 chiv
rest in med for now.

I area peace on the guardian spawn and then run, Come back and lure them away one at a time. I may drop med and lower chiv for mining. Looking for the chest sucks right now. I have only done up to level 4 but am working my way up so I can get used to the tactics. I hate Lich lords.