• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is your T.Hunter Template!?

G

Please post and give as must detail as you wish, about your Treasure Hunter Template!

If you have any questions on someone's Template, please PM them or Post a New Thread about it. We'd like to keep this thread as a database only, discussions will certainly be allowed in the form of a New Thread, however!

G

My Tamer Treasure Hunter Template (PvM - No Meditation)

Animal Taming ----------- Max 115.0 (stop at 110, use jewelry for rest)
Veterinary -------------- Max 110.0 (stop at 100, use jewelry for rest)
Animal Lore ------------- Max 115.0 (stop at 110, use jewelry for rest)
Magery ------------------ Max 100.0
Cartography ------------- Max 100.0
Lockpicking ------------- Max 100.0
Evaluating Intelligence - Max 100.0
-----------------------------------
Total Skill Points ---------- 720.0

Strength ----- 125
Dexterity ---- 10
Intelligence - 105
------------------
Total Stats -- 240

Normal Hunting Garb: (Wearing Gear to make up for no Meditation)
+5 Int
+13 Mana Increase
+7 Stamina Increase
+8 Mana Regeneration
+1 Stamina Regeneration
100% Lower Reagent Cost
176 Luck

Resists: 29/34/15/21/20 (lol @ resists)

Luck Suit: (I only wear this when I am solo-farming and not casual/group-hunting)
+2 Hit Point Increase
+4 Stamina Increase
+2 Stamina Regeneration
+2 Mana Regeneration
9% Lower Mana Cost
11% Lower Reagent Cost
1280 Luck

Resists: 49/30/35/20/20 (still lol @ resists)

My Main two Pets:
White Wyrm
7x GM Skills
Resists: 69/23/88/47/50
HP: 433
Stamina: 126
Mana: 414
Str: 733
Dex: 126
Int: 414

Pure Mare (dies alot, lol)
No GM Skills
Resists: 59/35/40/31/29
HP: 300
Stamina: 110
Mana: 125
Str: 514
Dex: 110
Int: 125

G

This is my bard Treasure Hunter on Europa

Skills:
Carto - 100
Locks - 100
Magery - 107
Music - 89 (120)
Provoke - 102 (120)
Disco - 120
Peace - 102 (120)

Stats:
Str: 125
Int: 105 (135 mana)
Dex: 25

I rely heavily on jewels and items to boost the music skills to 120 for all but disco as I was able to get there without jewels.

Life Of A Travelling Minstrel Talisman - +5 music +5 provoke
Song Woven Mantle - +10 music
Ring - +10 music +12 peace
Bracelet - +6 music +6 peace +13 provoke

My suit gives me:

100% lrc
15% lmc
Mana regen 11
2/2 casting
64/63/61/49/60
A mighty 140 luck

I summon 2 earth eles to take the hits from the initial spawn while I provoke and get everything fighting. Then I disco the toughest monsters so they drop faster and mop up the rest. When a single monster spawna while looting the chest, I set the eles on them, disco and then peace when the timer lets me. On a level 6 hunt, the Blood/Poison Eles and Titans drop so fast I often don't get a peace attempt in. Balrons are no trouble at all and I have a fairly decent success rate on Ancient Wyrms.

I carry the following instruments on hunts. Demon slayer, Dragon/Reptile slayer and an exceptional tamobourine

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheers for the template... *quotes*...

My Tamer/T-Hunter

Animal Taming ----------- Max 110.0
Veterinary -------------- Max 105.0
Animal Lore ------------- Max 110.0
Magery ------------------ Max 110.0
Meditation -------------- Max 100.0
Total Skill Points ---------- 720.0

Strength ----- 123
Dexterity ---- 46
Intelligence - 100
------------------
Total Stats -- 255

I use the 40 dexterity veterinary bonus on this character for the increase in healing. I've used a +25 stat scroll to be able to increase the stat...

Suit:
+5 Mana Increase
+1 Hit Point Regeneration
+5 Stamina Regeneration
5% Lower Mana Cost
10% Reflect Physical Damage
30% Defence Chance Increase
19% Hit Chance Increase
100% Lower Reagent Cost
1283 Luck

Resists: 31/24/19/21/40

Crap resists, so if I'm targetted, there's a very good chance I'm very dead. This does not happen a lot though. I never think about switching...

I have a secure filled with additional garbs for my t-hunter. The max luck I am able to equip is 1479 luck / 100% LRC, or 1483 luck / 95% LRC. 95% LRC not being preferred due to the possible Invisibility casting failures...

My Main Pet:
Cu Sidhe
4x GM Skills, 90.0 Healing
Resists: 61/36/84/33/82
HP: 567
Stamina: 125
Mana: 287
Str: 612
Dex: 125
Int: 287

I do every level of map with it. I used to hunt with a mare/wyrm combo, like Orvago above, but switched once I returned to UO after ML...

I also do Peerless hunts with him, and PvM in dungeons with this character. He's versatile, that's what I enjoy most about him...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Psycho Melee Treasure Hunter (Paladin Swordsman T-Hunter)
Skills
Swords: 101 (120)
Cartography: 100
Lockpicking: 100
Anatomy: 100
Parry: 90 (105)
Healing: 90
Chivalry: 70 (90)
Tactics: 69 (100)
720+85 = 805 points

Plus, Human JOAT bonus lowers my weapon special moves costs by 10.

Stats 100/100/68 (100/95/60 plus equipment)

Resists with standard suit: 70/69/67/68/70

My Standard Suit
Brightsight Lenses
Ancient Samurai Do
Arms of Tactical Excellence
Stormgrip
Dupre's Shield
Soul Seeker
Totem of the Void (Wailing Banshee Summoner, and Giant Serpent Protection 46% - always a plus on the Treasure Chest Islands)
Robe of the Eclipse
62-resist enhanced Barbed Leather gorget
56-resist enhanced Barbed Leather leggings
(additional 0/5/5/5/5 resists from GM-Inscription cast Reactive Armor and Magic Reflection, since soulstoned back off)
Matched Jewelry set with total of +19 Swords, +19 Tactics, +20 Chivalry (other attributes include minor amounts of HCI, LRC, physical resist and EP)

Total Bonuses from equipment:
Luck 311
Mana Regen 3, HP Regen 3 (plus leeches from the seeker)
+8 Int, +5 Dex, +5 HP
LMC 10%, nightsight
85 skill points, all in template, from Jewelry and equipment, which gave me the breathing room to pick up Healing (played 3 years using only Close Wounds for self-healing).

Pets/Mounts: Choice of Swampy, Ethereals, or a Giant Beetle (the latter typically for group hunts, to haul multiple chests' loot back at once - a lot of people don't want their regs from a level 6 box - their loss is my alchemist's gain). Also, the Banshee from the Talisman (only swings at what I actively click on to target, but does some damage, and occasionally takes a hit that would have been me otherwise).

Arsenal:
Besides Soul Seeker-
Long Sword (old style) Undead slayer, Mana and life leech around 50%, plus good DI. Lich Lords hate this thing when I AI.
Demon slayer Broadsword: exceptionally crafted out of gold, 8% DCI and 15% SSI. Two-hits Daemons on the upper-mid maps.
Blood ele slayer katana with leeches better than the Undead slayer above. usually good enough to use on Poisons too.
I REALLY need to make/find a good Dragon or Reptile slayer, but they have eluded me.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Fellow TreasureHunters of sosaria!
Im just in the middle of putting together a new Treasure hunter, i got the most of the skills on other chars or on stones so i dont have to work that much on gains.
I have never seen a treasurehunter like this so im posting it here so that ppl might get some inspiration. Just like Mich Ryans, this build relyes heavy on jewels but the jewels is rather easy to find.

Animal taming 60 (95) (+30 from jewels and 5 from talisman)
Animal lore 115 (120) (+5 from talisman)
Vetrinary 120
Musicmanship 110 (+10 from songwooven )(If Elf otherwise lower your vet by 10)
Peacemaking 120
Magery 80 (95) (+15 from tome of lost knowledge)
Lock/Carto 100

125 STR
10 DEX
100 Int

My set is 100% LRC, 1034 luck, MR4, JoaT and the skill boost of course, nothing special really.
This charecter works REALLY good at solo Thunts!
The 95 Taming 120 AnimalLore Gives me 99% Control Chanse on my Nightmare/RuneBeetle combo.
The 95 Magery Gives me 100% Succes chanse with Invis. (I just use this for the first spawn then i change to Clainins spellbook)

I dont think i need to tell you why I have 120 Music/Peace/Vet, do i?

You could actually lower the vet to 100 if you want to, but i personly like the stable slots and high vetting that i do get from 120. My skill cap is only at 705, so there is 15 more points you could foolaround with if you have the right cap.

Many ppl might think that this is a lame template or maybe ******** but i like it alot! I got 5 Stones at home so i just stone this template on when i want to do some maps.

Try it out on the test shard and be amazed! I hope you enjoy it as much as i do!

Best Regards Loise Moonstone of europe!

G

Here's mine: I have several soulstones to move stuff around

100 Cartography (soulstoned after i decode all my maps)
100 Lockpicking (moved back on after i move Cart off)
120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Discord
120 Peace
120 Magery

I wear a +14 Mana Regen suit that is all 70's & 60's and is 80 LRC (can be 100 when necessary by switching from Staff of Magi to Boomstick). I use a Staff of Magi to keep decent defense chance.

G

This is Rellik...My Treasure Hunter/ Tamer
I solo lvl 6's without difficulty or fuss!

Carto 100 (stoned)
LP 100
Taming 115 Talismen and lots of Jewels (real skill around low 80's)
Ani Lore 110 Talismen
Vet 105 Talismen
peace 110 Jewels
Music 105 mantle and jewels
magery 110 Tomb of Knowledge

I can peace tame just about anything.....mounted on a well trained Cu side I can solo most maps. I take different pets if I am bringing a group along.
I perfer riding a well trained mare....and digging for a party. I only dismount if they have big trouble! ( Like me spawning a Balron and three Aw's ) hehehe
I also have a rep for spawning multiple AW's during looting!
This is just a real good Hunter/Farmer/Tamer.

Hope this helps someone!
TW

A

absimiliard

Chalk me up as a probable disappointment. I can't solo lvl 6s. Even a lvl 5 takes me 43 minutes to do safely, and yes, I timed it.

What I do do is lead treasure hunts. I lead them very well. So if you like call me a treasure-hunt leader. Though in my defence I do a lot of lower level maps solo, mostly to get my lockdowns back. But for me t-hunting is mainly a social activity, and deliberately so.

That said, here's my template.

Carto
LP
Remove
Hiding
Mining
Magery
50 Detect
Remainder in Stealth (Like 80-ish)

Lindisfarne (THB-SP) the Sig-less Wonder
"OooOoooOOoOooOoOoOooOoo"
*gets a res*
"I wonder if I'd die less with a different template?"

G

The World's Best Treasure Hunter: Waiki'k the Legendary Bard

Music 120
Peace 120 (108 real)
Magery 115
Med 115
LP 100
Carto 100
Focus 42ish

My ring/brace combo is awesome for what I do.

Ring:
+12 Peace
16% LRC
92 luck

Brace
FC1
FCR3
Luck 81

My armor has ~30 resists in everything. But that's not what its built for.
102% LRC (using AOF)
MR 8
Luck 1200+ (AOF + Lucky Necklace and 130ish luck pieces)
Chaos Vesper Shield (FC1/FCR2)
Lucky Spellbook (MR3, 80 luck)

My fiancee plays a Provoke Mage in support, and while I can solo Lv. 6's with ease, its like playing Pong with her on.

Magery 115
Eval 110
Med 110
Focus 100
Music 110
Provoke 102 (jewled to 110)
Hiding ~60 hiding

She also have 100% LRC, with about 1000 luck.

F

Fisher King

Fisher King, Provo Thunter

Carto 100 (Decoded about 500 maps, then soulstoned off Cart)

Locks 100
Magery 115
Med 100 (110 with Jewel)
Music 120
Provoke 107 (120 with jewel)
Disco 105
Eval Int 73

Total 720

I got Disco on this Char because I got fed up with endlessly EV'ing the last AW/Bally to spawn when forcing, with no other beastie to provo against it I got fed up. With Disco, they damage the EV much less, and rarely dispel the EVs at all making short work of them.

With Disco and a little bit of time, I can also provoke 2 Paragon Cu Sidhes to fight to the death, which is a beatiful sight.

I wear a rubbish resist suit with 1436 Luck, way I figure it is.. If Im stuck on a nasty piece of Jungle, or am too fat to move because I forgot to offload Gold.. Then it don't matter whether I'm 2 hits or 1, the AW still has my arse for breakfast.

I've solo'd around 100 Level 6's, they take me an average of 35 minutes including looting, Forcing the spawn... Sorting and leaving a Newbie Bag at haven, then selling the scrolls and gems.. Can't argue really.

Oh, And I used to be GM fisher.. but gave it up for Bard Skills... Then they invent soulstones **Cries**

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I consider myself a REAL treasure hunter:

Gm Cart
Gm Lockpicking
Gm Detect hidden
Gm Remove trap
Gm Magery
Gm Med
Gm Hiding.

I use a full 100% lrc suit.

I dont consider any temp that does not have detect and remove trap a real treasure hunter. But thats my opinion.

M

maccabee

Howdy! Maccabee, from Lake Superior THB, is my treasure hunter. He's pretty much the only char I play on nowadays.

Cart 100
LP 100
Mage 110
Med 80
Eval 90
Music 120
Peace 120

I wear a pretty good all around suit. Good resists, all 60s and 70s, with around 85 LRC, nearly 40 LMC, 5/2 FCR/FC, around 30 SDI and 3 MR. I keep eval just to speed things up a little on the maps. Earth ellys just don't do that much damage to blood/poison ellys. Oh, and I'm an elf. I enjoy the extra mana points.
Since I only really play on my treasure hunter now I was thinking about creating another one, maybe with provo and disco.

G

georgemarvin2001

This is my awesome stealth mage Treasure hunter. I only do level 6 maps from the Miasmas. I always solo them; I haven't tried any of the lower level chests since ML came out, but I assume they would still be as easy as pie, though. You can actually do level 6 chests naked with just a few regs, but it's better to wear some low grade LMC/MR stuff.
I turned my character into an Elf for the awesome +20 mana.
115 str, 10 dex, 110 int (one of these days I'll use a better stat scroll)
720 Skill Cap, but you really only need 600 points
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
115 Magery (Can't afford 120 scroll)
100 Meditation
100 Hiding
85 Stealth (use rabbit form and it's 100)
100 Ninjitsu (not necessary; you can substitute any skill here)
The rest of the points aren't really used; I think they're in EI right now.

Equipment:
a small boat
12 lockpicks
2 blank runes
bag of sending
etherial Ridgeback
Spellbook: 14% LRC, 5% LMC, 5 mana
Rune Beetle Carapace, PBD blessed
20% LRC, 5% LMC, +5 mana hat, CBD blessed
Quiver of Infinity, Blessed
boomstick, insured (not really necessary, but the extra MR is great to have sometimes)
The rest of the suit is all low grade LRC, LMC and MR stuff that isn't worth insuring.
My current totals are:
MR 11, LMC 28%, LRC 100%, all resists below 30.
if you don't mind spending a little for insurance occasionally, you can use better equipment; I figure on dying about once per 2 or 3 chests, though, so I don't bother with using stuff good enough to insure. Besides, even with good equipment, you'll die when 2 Ancient Wyrms hit you.
Strategy:
1. place a boat if there's water close by. They can come in handy, especially on those small islands where some demon masquerading as a dev decided not to put any wandering healers.
2. bring 2 blank runes. Mark one right next to the chest, one offscreen; recall to the bank and drop these in the box, just in case. If the island is too small to mark one offscreen, move the boat far enough away that if you die and have to use help to get to town and get rezzed, when you recall off the boat key, you won't get insta-killed by anything.
3. Cast 2 EVs before digging up the chest
4. As soon as the chest pops up, hit the hiding key. Make sure it's a handy shortcut, because timing is everything and you don't want to be dead on a tiny island with 2 AWs and 2 bloods and no wandering healers; I hate using the help option.
5. Calmly walk offscreen; as soon as one EV dies, cast another one. Keep two EVs fighting until the original guardians are all dead. With decent MR equipment, you shouldn't have any problem with this.
6. If anything gets within targeting range, hide! Cast the EVs at the very corner of the screen, so that you don't get targeted, if possible.
7. Once the guardians are dead, unlock the chest and use telekinesis to blow the trap, then cast two more EVs.
8. Grab the bright green bag and the gold; use the Bag of Sending to send the gold to the bank. Most of the Marties aren't worth sending, but just in case you get a good one, you can send that, too.
9. Just keep casting EVs when they die; keep your finger on the hiding button. Every time you loot something, if a monster pops up, hit that button! FAST! The EVs can handle a blood ele, poison ele or titan, but not an Ancient Wyrm. If it's an AW that spawns, just hide, stealth to the corner of the screen while it's killing those EVs, then cast more EVs till it dies. If you have enough MR and LMC equipment on to keep casting them as fast as they die, it won't take long to kill it. Try for at least 12 MR, 40% LMC if possible. It isn't hard to do if you do a lot of chests. I forgot to change sets of armor when I went to Felucca to do some chests, and I lost everything when I got PK'd a few days ago, so I'm slowly building it back as I get stuff that's better.
10. Go back to Miasma, grab another map (there are usually a bunch of chests lying around there just waiting to be picked), rinse and repeat.

S

SubZeroMPS

Since I have 24 working soulstones soloing a Lvl. 6 map is pretty easy.

Step one: Put Carto skill on my tamer/bard/mage and decode all of my level 6 maps.

Step two: Remove Carto skill and head out and dig. Jump off the dog, peace or discord the spawn, pick the lock and loot away. All in all a level 6 map takes me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

A

argor

100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking (i switch carto/lockpick with soulstone, save up 100skillpoints!!)
120 Music
115Provoke
110 evalint
115 Peace
110 Magery
50 meditation

still not sure 100%, might get skill bonus armour though my suit now is 2/6 100lrc high mr lmc ( and i like stam reg cuz im elf and my stamina runs out too quickly when running !! )

My friend who helps me at spawns is a tamer/peacer
Together we can do lvl 6 maps easily....though the loot aint worth it (personal opinion, but i like doing em :p )

M

maccabee

Just created a second treasure hunter. My first is a peacer/mage, you can see his template above. My second is as follows:

Cart 100
LP 100
Magery 110
Music 120
Provo 120
Disco 120
Med 50
**This is the template I hope to reach. Currently my skills are not at this level.

I wear a lmc/mr suit with all 60s resists FCR/FC 6/2 and a little lrc. Not sure about the 6/2 fcr/fc, I may switch that out for some more lmc or maybe skill since my bard skills are only about 80 right now.

S

Seashell

Here's my template:

110 magery
100 med
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
110 eval
100 stealth
100 hiding

D

DarkOgham

Pretty Straightforward here:

Carto 100
Picking 100
Magery 110
Eval Int 110
Med 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 80

M

Mulan's

I went the Scribe/Mage route. Plus fishing, so I can get to every single chest in game.
Character is
GM Carto
GM lockpicking
GM Fishing
GM Scribe
GM Magery (115 with spellbook)
110 Eval
110 Med

My stats are
90 str/102 hps with items
30 dex/30 stam
125 int/159 mana with items (could have 179 as an elf?)

I wear as much spell damage increase, lower mana cost and mana regen items as I can get ahold of. Try for int/mana boost on those armor/items also.
Almost unlimited mana with high lower mana cost #'s. Can dispatch serpents without any problems, just have to keep protection up, cause they cast alot of low level spells fairly quick.

For T-maps I solo up to level 5s. Level 6 maps are a bit too much for me solo.
Plus this character is great for all around dungeon crawling when you feel like picking every chest possible.

S

Seashell

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
110 Magery
100 Med
100 Carto
100 Lockpicking
100 Eval

I can solo a level 6 map if I lure the wyrms away from each other and ev them to death.

G

RTL

Well, I didn't see one quite like mine in this list, so I thought I'd list her.

Hanna, Elder Bard.
(goal stats, including main jewelry currently worn)
120 music
120 provoke
115 peace (I'd like to 120 this as well if I can find a reasonable scroll)
110 mage
100 carto
100 lockpicking
70 necro

735 Total

current skills [w/ jewels] (without)

music 117.x (111.x)
provoke 114.x (95.x)
peace 115 (109)
mage 110 (110)
carto 96 (96)
lockpicking 100 (100)
necro 70.x (82)

my suit is a bit overkill at 125% LRC (need to juggle some items about, suit isn't finished), 20% LMC, 5 MR, and 6 HR. I use Lich Form for my base mana regen, which free's up not only 40 skill points or so, but I can wear non-meddable armor which makes getting good stuff a whole lot easier.

I only use two MArties right now, Boomstick and Gloves of the Sun.

resists in lich form are 61 60 35 44 25 (ouch! EBolt hurts!!).

I have no trouble at all with level 4 maps (which is the highest I can complete before GMing carto). The only time i die is if a lich lord pops and I think he's me, so that's a downside of this template hehe.

I've heard today about some rare and mysterious MArty called Bard's Talisman which I'd love to get my hands on. In a template this cramped, you NEED those extra skill points.

All in all, Hanna is my favourite character. I can sit around and do maps for hours and not get bored.

J

jelake

Stealth Mage, I love being able to sneak away from the intial spawn rather than running for the hills. Most of my maps were read by a different character so I left the cartography on.

Magery 115
Meditation 110
Eval Intellect 110
Cartography 100
Lockpick 100
Hiding 100
Sneak 80

Cast 2 EV, dig up chest, hide and sneak away while the EV's clean up the initial spawn. Did I mention I love hide and sneak?

G

Marty McFly, Bard/T-Hunter.

110 Magery
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
115 Music
115 Peacemaking
120 Provocation
120 Discordance

Total Skill Cap: 720

Currently at or working toward these caps, using items and allowing skills to creep up through normal use. Hoping to eventually get 4x120 Bard skills.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mary of Denmark, Bard/Thunter

i recently finished disco and all skills are now real trained.

i use alchemist bauble to boost magery to 115..

Carto is on stone mostly, only take it off stone to decode a bunch of maps, then re-stone it..

B

BennosMorales

I started my Treasure Hunting at:

Detect Hidden:100
Remove Trap: 100
Magery: 110
Hiding: 100
Stealth: 75
Meditation: 35

Only bad part about this template is I wouldn't dig up an Ingenious map on my own. I won't due to the utmost respect for my compadres in THB, and those who dedicate themselves to treasure hunting.

So I have added:

Taming: 92
Animal Lore: 97
Vet: 56

S

StarlaUO

My T-hunter on Oceania:

Misia, skills are (no items dependent skills)

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Provo
100 LP
120 Magery
120 Med
20 Focus

Carto is stoned and interchange with LP when i need to read new maps. Works great for all levels of T-map.

D

Dalamos

Right now (almost finished) its is looking like:

100 Carto
100 Lockpicking
100 Medation
120 Music (missing scroll)
120 Peacemaking (Missing scroll)
110 Magery

I still have 70 points that don't have a home yet. Was going to do Provoke, but I really am to lazy to train it.

V

vorius

May I post a question about THunter templates?

Cartography is pretty useless to the character who is actually going to dig up the treasure right? So is it safe to just have another char on your account handle all the decoding while your THunter can get his 7th GM in something else? Or does the one who decode it must be the one who digs it?

G

decode all your maps with the character you plan to hunt with....then stone off cartography...and use the skill pts elsewhere.

As long as the maps are started off as tattered....you will forever be able to dig those maps with that character.

TW

G

Carto- 100
LockPick- 100
Magery- 120
Hiding- 100
Stealth- 100
Parry- 100
Meditation- 100

F

frodofeet

Taming - 110
Lore - 110
Vet - 110
Music - 110
Provo - 100
Lockpicking / Carto - 100
Magery - 80

STR - 125
DEX - 20
INT - 95

I swap out Lock/Carto as needed, and Magery is jewelled up to 100. I changed to elf to get myself a cu sidhe. My Cu is used on pretty much every monster that spawns, even AW's. Sometimes I grab my Mare/Rune for a bit of variety

Depending on the spawn, I'll either provo the trash like Titans/Elementals onto the Balrons or AW's, or if I get a bad spawn (not uncommon to get 2 AW's & 2 Balrons
) I'll lure them away 1 by 1 and set my pet(s) on them.

B

Barticus

Hi all,

Recently reactivated my old account (last on in 2001), taking a while to figure out what is what in this modern UO. Spent half an hour at Britain bank trying to figure out where everyone was before someone showed up to show me the way to Luna.

Yurgi Twinkletoe (Oceania)
Cartography 100
Lockpicking 98.5/100 (it is... still painful)
Magery 100
Alchemy 100
Inscription 95.3/100
Eval. Intelligence 100
Meditation 100

Alchemy and inscription for my mad grenadier approach to adventuring. Was thinking about dropping meditation for spellweaving or something similar but that could cripple me a little?

Pretty stoked to see all the new content (invis & conflagration potions FTW) and quests, et cetera. Seems like there are plenty of options for good old aventuring, dungeon looting and general treasure seeking these days.

Cartography craftables! Awesome! Need more!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are human (and intend to stay human), and have one of the expansions that enables Mondain's legacy content (Mondain's Legacy, 9th Anniversary), go do the arcanist quest in Heartwood for spellweaving. Humans that are in the ML-enabled ruleset have what's called "JOAT" or Jack of all trades. It gives you a phantom 20 points in all skills. Completion of the arcanist quest, and the JOAT points, will let you cast arcane circle (which increases the power of Spellweaving spells via a focus), Gift of renewal, Nature's fury and a couple other spells.

If you can find 4 non-spellweavers to do the circle with, and get a level 5 focus, it is downright scary what a 0-skill (just JOAT) human can do with those spells. With a level 5 focus, a human with 0 real skill can cast a gift of renewal that lasts between 1.5 to 2 minutes, and regens about 9-10 HP ever two seconds. Plus the duration of the nature's furies are increased to make them downright nasty (compared to the 2-slot blade spirit - heck 4 furies are better than 4 of the pre-SE 1-slot blade spirits)

E

Edgemon

Let's see...

100 Cartography
100 Eval Int (110 with spellbook)
100 Lockpicking
100 Magery (110 with spellbook)
100 Meditation
100 Musicianship
108 Peacemaking (120 with a +12 ring bonus)
12 Wrestling (left over from the ring bonus, what am I gonna do, eh?)

I can solo every level chest, but I still have a bit of difficulty with AWs... Was thinking of stoning off Cartography and picking up Discord after viewing most of the replies in this thread, but for right now, I'm ok with what I have.

5% Luck

100 carto
100 Picking
65 magery 85 Crystaline ring
100 archer 120 Hunters
100 tactics
35 necro 30 jewlery 5 bloodwood 20 bracers 10 osirom grimore 100
100 bushido
100 spirtspeak

This is just to take on the new buffed AW. The magery is just to invisi right after the dig. The sampire archer doesnt have trouble soloing the aw with a good bow. Its just slow. The discord provoke templates are a bit faster but since the aw buffing it seems dieing to the arrgo from a failed attempt is more likely and leaves that last unkillable AW. The bushido seems necessary for the HCI maxing out and the SS for the stacking of vamp form and curse weapon effects of health leech. So now i can solo a 6th lvl chest so long as my invisi dont fail with an insta reveal from the AW!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've since created a second tamer / t-hunter. I'm using a slightly different setup, and am using a greater dragon for all levels now...

<font face="courier new">Animal Taming ----------- Max 120.0
Veterinary -------------- Max 100.0
Animal Lore ------------- Max 115.0
Magery ------------------ Max 110.0
Meditation -------------- Max 100.0
Total Skill Points ---------- 720.0 (using jewelry to bring up taming)

Strength ----- 130
Dexterity ---- 31
Intelligence - 105
------------------
Total Stats -- 255</font type=fixed>

My Main Pet:
Greater Dragon
Resists: 83/85/41/55/73
HP: 929
Stamina: 125
Mana: 563
Str: 653
Dex: 125
Int: 563

Pet still in training. Can handle AW's, but giving it the killing blow takes a lot of time due to the massive ammounts of healing the AW's do...

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I consider myself a REAL treasure hunter:

I dont consider any temp that does not have detect and remove trap a real treasure hunter. But thats my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't consider any template that leaves the spawn for the next person to deal with a real treasure hunter so I guess we are even.

I think with the changes to AWs that the real way to go is taming. It never dawned on me (not sure why) that I can still fit meditation on my template. I still like having 50 chivalry (for Miasma) on my tamer though so it would probably work like...

100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
110 Taming (+5 bracelet/+5 talisman)
110 Lore (+5 talisman)
110 Veterinary
110 Magery
50 Chivalry
45 Meditation

I have a 100% LRC suit with around 1000+ luck.

Swords of Prosperity
Armor of Fortune
Robe of the Equinox
Lucky Necklace
Ring of the Elements
Birds of Britannia (Talisman)

K

King Durango

100 Animal Taming
100 Animal Lore
100 Veterinary
100 Magery
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
60 Evaluating Intelligence
60 Meditation

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm....suggestion for Archer Thunter....

115-120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Heal
100 Carto
100 LP
80 Chiv

For something simple. With right set of slayer bows and making good use of invis pots...could do pretty decent on intial spawn. Then just be prepared for a fight the rest of the chest. Now this is probly not the most effective or fast template for doing tmaps, but with some time and ingenious thinking could be used to do even a LvL 6 map.

Edit: Can also carry telekinis scrolls for releasing trap on the chest. With JoAT with humans can cast them almost 100% of the time I beleive.

D

DuLang

110 Animal Taming - scrolled to 115 and using taming tali
110 Animal Lore - scrolled to 115 and using taming tali
110 Veterinary
90 Magery

100 Hiding
100 Lockpicking

Then I stone between 100 cartography and 100 stealthing

Find this a fantastic character for soloing levels 1-6, GD can nearly do every initial level 6 spawn, only really need to take it easy if I get 2 AW's and 2 Ballys, or if I get 3+ AW's.

Also the stealth is a great addition for soloing monsters, and getting into tight places with my pet, and good for stealthing about champs with pet in tow.

BloodRavenFL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is Felix Phenox my Treasure Hunter/Fisher/Theif

Cartoraphy 100
Lockpicking 100
Stealing 100 (120 w/ items)
Hiding 100 (120 w/ items)
Stealth 100 (120 w/ items)
Snooping 100
Fishing 100

K

Kallie Pigeon

I originally created this character as a guild treasure hunter but now does only level 1 or 2 maps solo. Should I get to where I am confortable with level 2 I may attempt level 3 solo. Doubt I can do more than that with this template. Right now I am using a vollem to help and summon an earth elemental sometimes also.
cartography 100
lockpicking 100
magery 100
anatomy 100
fencing 100
tactics 100
healing 100
focus 20

B

bjornef

my tresure hunter fisher necro poiserner is in training but i plan to have

100 fishing
100 carto
100 lock
100 necro 120 with item
100 spirit 120 with item
100 poisen
100 hide
100 remove trap
100 detect hidden
and if i am able to crack in 100 stelth might even try to kick in stealing and snoping would be fun lol

any way is a build i am trying to make and not sure how it will turn out

well is my fel hunter and i do all my stuff in fel
so if any one play euro and got lots of lvl 1 fel maps let me know maby i can buy them or some thing:gee:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
An update to my template from the passing of time and changes in game rules.

Psycho Melee Treasure Hunter (Paladin Swordsman T-Hunter)
Skills
Swords: 101 (120)
Anatomy: 100
Parry: 85 (100)
Healing: 90
Chivalry: 53 (77)
Tactics: 91 (100)
720+67 = 787 (was 805 points before the BS change that required real tactics, forcing me to shuffle skills)

Plus, Human JOAT bonus lowers my weapon special moves costs by 10.

Stats., with equipment, 102/120/60 (120 HP, 12 Stamina, 60 Mana)

Resists with standard suit: 69/64/70/69/69

My Standard Suit: Note that I currently do not run ANY imbued gear. I only got my Imbuer to 120 10 days ago, and don't have the resources yet to start tweaking this suit by imbuing a couple new pieces.

Brightsight Lenses
Ancient Samurai Do
Crafted sleeves, 68 resists (may replace with an Arms of Tactical Excellence that I enhanced, if already-imbued marties stay imbued after pub 65)
Stormgrip
Dupre's Shield
Crimson Cincture
Totem of the Void (Wailing Banshee Summoner, and Giant Serpent Protection 46% - always a plus on the Treasure Chest Islands)
Conjurer's Garb (full version from curing a gypsy)
Voice of the Fallen King
Crafted Leather leggings (61 resists plus HPR 2 & HPI 4)
Jewelry set with total of +19 Swords, +9 Tactics, +21 Chivalry (INT+4, LMC 4%, HCI 5% and EP 15% - probable best candidates for imbuing)
Snake Skin Boots
Twinkling Scimitar, HML 50%, HLL 40%, DCI 6%, HLD 34%, Hit Magic Arrow 38%, DI 36% (man, I wish I could change the Hit effect and DI on this - that's what I get for crafting it with an Aggy Hammer)

Total Bonuses from equipment:
Luck 265
Mana Regen 5, HP Regen 14 (plus leeches from the sword), Stamina Regen 3
+8 Str, +14 Int, +5 Dex, +19 HP, 61% DI
HCI 5%, DCI 11%, LMC 14%, nightsight, EP 15%
67 skill points, all in template, from Jewelry and equipment, which gave me the breathing room to pick up Healing (played 3 years using only Close Wounds for self-healing).

Pets/Mounts: For many chests, I use two bonded Vollem from the SA gifts - gives me in effect two non-ridable Nightmares, but these are not usable on level 5s, and vulnerable to getting killed by Ogre Lords on level 3 & level 4 maps (all the other spawn from levels 3-5 they can take down easy).

Arsenal:
I take a Dragon's End out on level 6 maps, for jousting with AW, and a demon slayer with Armor ignore for Balrons.

V

Vercingitorix

That is one interesting template Basara!

I have two t-hunter characters, one pure template, and the other one that I'm finishing up now is a tamer template, but only at 90 taming so far, but maxed the rest of the skills.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you think it's interesting now, I'm playing with trying to craft better leggings (will take crafting because of the resists involved) and a new jewelry set imbued to have +20 Anatomy, +20 Swords, +18 Tactics (+12 more from the Arms of Tactical exellence that I raised the resists of), and as much Parry and Chivalry that I can pile on. I'll lose a little LMC and INT (hardly missed) but would end up with over 830 skill points, with at least 3 of my skills at 120. LP & carto at 100, and the other 3 skills 100/90/80. If I actually manage to land that new shield with +10 Chiv coming in publish 65, even better.

J

jmholbr

heres my new tamer/necro/thunter temp this will be my first thunter so far im doing 1-2 to get use to soloing working my way up as i gain in skill

Moogar

tame 94 +26 = 120
lore 94 +26 = 120
vet 94 +26 = 120
cart/pick/fish 100/100/100 use stone to swap between the two
magery 113
Necro 115 +5 = 120
Spirit S. 110 +10 = 120
--------------------------------------
total 720 + 93 = 813

the +26 on tame skills come from ring/brace set necro/SS is spirit tally
i currently use a all 70 100% lrc 6MR +42 mana suit still way for away from a good luck suit i use sculpture to boost luck but thats about it i have a scrapper in hand till i can craft me a good necro book to use or a sick 3 mod scrapper ( a long time for that one)