• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the exact opposite of Siege Perilous?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last of the lost carebears?

I am sad beyond words. I just shopped at places far and wide on this lovely shard of ours. I was on my highly experienced crafter, with no hiding and stealth at all. I saw one person [waves to Mister Sinister] and he was in his house. There were no other shoppers, there was no one home at any of the shops I made it to, there were no PvPers, no l33t boys chasing me and spewing obscenities at me whilst trying to kill me, dry loot me, then cut up my armor and tell me I am "teh suk" at "teh peeveepee", no VvVer's, no scary PK's (!!!) causing me to run for me sweet life, there were no nasty pets chompin' at the bit for a bite of my behind, not even an enraged great hart to mix things up a bit.

Nada.

I traveled this great shard completely unable to defend myself, fully visible the entire time and not one player tried to accost me. My very first day on Siege back in 2005 I barely made it 5 steps out the west gate of Luna and I was dead, dry looted and called a noob before my corpse hit the ground!

Where is the peril? Can we not do any better than this??? I can't Peeveepee to save my life, but the peril is what kept me here all those years. I hate dying just as much as most of you do, but I kinda like being accosted now and again. :D

It's a shame. I can't even run across someone who will wave at me here. :sad4:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kat, maybe it was time of day? I still see people as I wander the land, though not all the time. At night several of us are on daily, though we utilize alliance chat a lot. There are plenty of times where someone mentions how quiet it is when four of us are talking in alliance but don't use GC bc we are working a spawn or a peerless. Did you say anything in GC? Last night a player mentioned something in GC and I bumped into two other players converging on the person's location.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am sad beyond words. I just shopped at places far and wide on this lovely shard of ours. I was on my highly experienced crafter, with no hiding and stealth at all. I saw one person [waves to Mister Sinister] and he was in his house. There were no other shoppers, there was no one home at any of the shops I made it to, there were no PvPers, no l33t boys chasing me and spewing obscenities at me whilst trying to kill me, dry loot me, then cut up my armor and tell me I am "teh suk" at "teh peeveepee", no VvVer's, no scary PK's (!!!) causing me to run for me sweet life, there were no nasty pets chompin' at the bit for a bite of my behind, not even an enraged great hart to mix things up a bit.

Nada.

I traveled this great shard completely unable to defend myself, fully visible the entire time and not one player tried to accost me. My very first day on Siege back in 2005 I barely made it 5 steps out the west gate of Luna and I was dead, dry looted and called a noob before my corpse hit the ground!

Where is the peril? Can we not do any better than this??? I can't Peeveepee to save my life, but the peril is what kept me here all those years. I hate dying just as much as most of you do, but I kinda like being accosted now and again. :D

I generally don't attempt to kill a friend, but if that's what you want . . .

** the opposite of Siege is a Double Rainbow :p **

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
ohhh... rainbow....

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Waves to Kat*

Ashats are rare on Siege. I ran into a couple during a couple stop ins ages back in my prodo days but they seem to have left the shard.

If you really need to get accosted Tanivar will find a pillow and wallop you one. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Come make some waves.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need some effin' waves, dude! Surfs up!!!

@Mister Sinister - Suuuuure! Wave at me here in the safety of the forum! *Waves back* :)
@Silent Singer - Unless it's the middle of the night, there is no excuse for Siege Perilous to be so disgustingly SAFE!
@kelmo & @Victim of Siege - It's no fun when friends accost me. I'd rather us go accost someone else together! Ought to be good for a laugh or two! :D
@Tanivar - I don't consider most PvPer's, PK's, VvVer's, etc, "asshats". Of course, there are a few and then there are others who enjoy sort of roleplaying their persona, [as light as it may be]. Either way, I enjoy the danger that might be lurking around every corner. I miss our old players, the good, the bad, the ugly and even the asshats, to some degree. I am just dismayed at the state of Siege. I could find more excitement in an old folks home than I can here. *sigh* :sad4:
@Rizarium - Good to see ya homeboyyy! I miss your lousy singing in vent. :ymca:

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nada.

*flips Kat the bird*

lol, fukkin nub.

Better?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Silent Singer - Unless it's the middle of the night, there is no excuse for Siege Perilous to be so disgustingly SAFE!
I'm on at all different hours and typically travel horseback so I'm visible. I'm that mangy ex-trammie who wanted to mangle and destroy our beloved Siege by wanting to be able to transfer in all the deco items I had from Chesapeake (of course all dupes per the replies.). I've also never had my Siege Christening since I've gotten away the few times I've been attacked since moving here. I'd love to see prices rise enough to make a fair profit at crafting and gathering, thereby destroying Siege's economy by things costing seller's prices instead of buyer's prices. All kinds of horrible sick warped evil *bleep* trammie ideas. Track me down and slap some proper Siege Vet style sense into me. :p

@kelmo & @Victim of Siege - It's no fun when friends accost me. I'd rather us go accost someone else together! Ought to be good for a laugh or two! :D
You couldn't find your rump if your hands were in your back pockets. :popcorn:

@Tanivar - I don't consider most PvPer's, PK's, VvVer's, etc, "asshats".
Most of the ashat Pkers seem to have left the game. PvPers tend to be decent people. Two very different types of people. :)

I am just dismayed at the state of Siege. I could find more excitement in an old folks home than I can here. *sigh* :sad4:
It's not quite that bad. :tongue:

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But I recently came back, deleted and re-started my 2 characters. My crafter imbuer is working on a mystic mage and the other probably will be a ninja archer with magery tendencies. I have always loved the chat on Siege. I have always loved playing with a group of people. I feel the level of intelligence is higher on Siege. I would like to stay here, so let me know if there is a group or guild that I can join for company. It will be a while before my chars are ready to go though.
It all depend of your playstyle, see link to my guild, The DarkOutlaws in my signature. You will find other Siege guild on Stratics Guild page.
If you look at a players profil, you can see if they are in a guild with a guild page on Stratics.

My guild have it like Siege, It's way more peaceful than it was meant to be :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You could join VvV and try to claim the alter or run sigels if skilled for that. That may get you some action, even GIL are seen attacking in battle towns :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Skill level do not matter, when it comes to join TDO*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could join VvV and try to claim the alter or run sigels if skilled for that. That may get you some action, even GIL are seen attacking in battle towns :p
I appreciate the suggestion, Freja. I know that's always an option, but you're missing the point entirely. The numbers are gone. The real bad guys are gone. Factions and actually having something to defend are gone. There aren't enough people playing. There isn't much chance at a raid if I'm out hunting or doing a spawn. And by raid, I don't mean 1 person stealthing up on you, though that is always welcomed, but a raid does not one person make! lol

It was sometimes hard playing here 8-9 years ago. Doing spawns was tough for our young guild because of raiders. No dungeon was "safe". We learned to never stay in one hunting spot for too long or keep going to the spot where we'd been raided. We mixed it up so there wasn't a pattern the PK's or other raiders could follow to find us. There were pvper's and a few pk's in my guild, but for me, a [mostly] non pvper, the cat and mouse game was fun. It kept me on my toes. It is what got me addicted to Siege. I won't keep belaboring the point, but we need to change the sign on our front door. Siege has been "Namby-Pamby" for a while and it's just not the same. And I'm not knocking them, but the majority of the very few people that play here now just don't have the same desire for what Siege was meant to be; not necessarily a "PvP shard, but a very dangerous place to play.

Siege: a situation in which soldiers or police officers surround a city, building, etc., in order to try to take control of it
: a serious and lasting attack of something

Perilous: full of danger

I miss Siege Perilous.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has been "Namby-Pamby" for a while and it's just not the same. And I'm not knocking them, but the majority of the very few people that play here now just don't have the same desire for what Siege was meant to be; not necessarily a "PvP shard, but a very dangerous place to play.

Siege: a situation in which soldiers or police officers surround a city, building, etc., in order to try to take control of it
: a serious and lasting attack of something

Perilous: full of danger

I miss Siege Perilous.
My arthritis cramps my style and I'm set up for gathering combat not PvP but I'll give it a try if I'm feeling lucky when I run into you. Never could bear seeing a damsel in distress and not helping her, though helping her by trying to do her in is going to be something really new... :pie:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I miss that too Kat, it had been bad several years. I do still have hope, that it will changes but I don't know how long I can keep that hope

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless the PKers have lambs to slaughter and dance over they will likely never return. They don't like fights they might lose, so PvPers don't interest them.

They also would want their Act of Stupidity super suits to protect them with no risk of losing it, and they can only protect one item here with Siege Bless.

Playing and fighting on Siege involves risk, not somthing the average PKer is fond of.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Unless the PKers have lambs to slaughter and dance over they will likely never return.
Based on the current population, I'd say there are plenty of lambs. The key is finding them. Siege actually needs"a bad guy" or twelve. The best days of Siege are gone, but it doesn't mean what we have can't get better. I won't hold my breath to see 10+ player fights every night, but from time to time, it would be nice to see more than a few players all day long (if you are lucky).

So many things have changed. But it's is and always has been the responsibility of the Siege population to recruit since the developers really don't do that.

-Val'lyn

Troop_Gil

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What has become my normal play time is very slow out there. However, I do know that at other times there seems to be quite a few on. We do seem to lack PK's though.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
comes down to land mass with this population. There are way too many spots for people to hunt, and not enough people. Bo used to look for people to pk, just aint worth the time anymore. You can search for 8 hours and find one person if your lucky. Than if you kill them and loot there stuff, youre the bad guy. They dont realize you just spent 8 hours searching for someone to kill. Better off just farmin for those 8 hours you are gonna get better stuff.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, there seems to be a new PK guild assembling here...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly new PK guilds rarely last for long here.
I imagine getting their rumps thumped by so many people they attack here kills any joy of playing on Siege eventually.

There are those who live on Siege who may be sheep for our Wolves, but can kick the tail of any non super suited pker who trys to bother them.

Siege's sheep tend to have big ones unlike the average pker. :cool:

Sandwich

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/cue nostalgic rant

I miss the early to mid 2000's on Siege.

I remember Moonglow, Skara and even Vesper having 10-20 people running around at just about any given moment. It's probably hard for newcomers of the last 5-7 years to believe it, but Siege was once an incredibly busy place to be with players from every corner of the world competing for house spots, resources, spawns and harrowers nearly 24/7. Hell, in my early days with DTA we did our harrowers at like 5 AM CST on Saturdays just HOPING to avoid being raided, and that only worked about half of the time. You couldn't go 30 seconds without running into somebody, red or blue.

It wasn't just the place to be; it was a destination for many who wanted to try their hand at the "last great frontier" of post AoS UO.

There were entire prodo guilds that rerolled here. Anyone remember when A|B guild came over rolling like 30 deep? WAKA came with about that many a few years later.

We (REV/OTF jerks) still reminisce fondly on the good times and the not so good. In other games/servers we occasionally try to recapture the thrill and fun that was once had here on Siege but have long since come to the conclusion that those days are behind us.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yep players are the only thing we need more of to make Siege fun again

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always wondered how long the average player joining SP actually lasts?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a month away from my one year mark. Wish I had come here sooner.
I'm around a year here total myself between the stop in here on the way out the UO door and my return last December. Definitely something to be said for Siege.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way siege will become relevant again is if they disable stealth.
I suspect those imaginary thieves we don't really have here wouldn't like that. Think about how much less tiring the walk home from the bank can be some days before you wish for that. :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's much easier to start as a crafter or a PvM'er than start as a PvP'er.

Many young PvP'ers decite they need to loot heavy as they need the loot to PvP. The problem is, they will lose more than they get as they will get looted too. They won't have the resources to replace their stuff as they are still new here.

An advice to new PvP'ers, make friends, start with some RP and light looting and do some PvM and crafting to replace lost stuff.

A PvP guild, who want to own the shard may only last a month from they start Pking. The RP PvP guild, who come to share some fun will be way more welcome and last longer.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What features would a beginner melee pker suit and a beginner mage pker suit have?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Think the problem is, a young PvP'er don't want a beginner suit, when ready to PvP, he want to be able to kill, special if a male :p
PvP gear are way more expensive than PvM gear and harder to replace.

What kind of suit depent of his template, but think all want alot mana.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of suit depent of his template, but think all want alot mana.
Well the 100% lrc / MR 6 / MI 42 combination is available on vendor search for that, I ran across them when working on my price list.

Back to gathering. :juggle:

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You reap what you sow.(Not aimed at you Kat)

For years on Siege the vocal minority who had the ear of the devs campaigned for ways to stop other people being able to effect THEIR game-play so we ended up with changes like the following:-

Easy mode stealthing (Great with taming)
Making detect hidden almost useless (God forbid you can be revealed while stealthing around with your greater dragon)
Overpowered tames and pet bonding (Not just siege but magnified post aos)
Faction monster ignore removal against player tames (killed a large portion of the pvpers i played with)
Faction blessing removed (God forbid people get benefits in a supposed risk vs reward system)
Faction artifacts made much more expensive than prodo (Same as above)
VvV artifacts not implemented (Again as above)

Just a few changed that have helped make Siege completely risk free, at least most of the remaining twenty or thirty people are now happy :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Care to explain some of those talking points Revvo?

*What is easy mode stealthing?

I personally think a "pet" should not follow an invisible owner. Ever.
I have zero respect for any tamer that seeks out PvP combat.
If a PK/PvPer attacks a tamer out doing normal business, that is another matter.

*Detect hidden is almost useless? Please elucidate.

*Overpowered tames and pet bonding.
I agree. Pets should never be used as attack weapons. Defense... OK.
Tamers are the worst lamest "PvPers" ever.
I think pets should quit bond when asked to do stupid stuff.

*Factions.
Please explain to me how factions even works on a non consensual combat shard?
So a player can agree to non consensual combat and get blessed items,
Anyone that understands Siege knows that is just wrong.

Players get named faction items. These are not blessed but no one else can use them.
Stupidest idea ever. End of rant.

Easy button? That is what VvV is. Perhaps Siege is not the shard for you Revvo.
All the things you wish for are active on other shards. Go play there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If the only thing I ever did was make sure the one on one on Siege is more fair... I win.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Care to explain some of those talking points Revvo?

*What is easy mode stealthing?

I personally think a "pet" should not follow an invisible owner. Ever.
I have zero respect for any tamer that seeks out PvP combat.
If a PK/PvPer attacks a tamer out doing normal business, that is another matter.

*Detect hidden is almost useless? Please elucidate.

*Overpowered tames and pet bonding.
I agree. Pets should never be used as attack weapons. Defense... OK.
Tamers are the worst lamest "PvPers" ever.
I think pets should quit bond when asked to do stupid stuff.

*Factions.
Please explain to me how factions even works on a non consensual combat shard?
So a player can agree to non consensual combat and get blessed items,
Anyone that understands Siege knows that is just wrong.

Players get named faction items. These are not blessed but no one else can use them.
Stupidest idea ever. End of rant.

Easy button? That is what VvV is. Perhaps Siege is not the shard for you Revvo.
1. Pet pvp is lame, everyone agrees pets are way op.
2. detect hidden sucks, and there is no passive reveal on siege. You can detect someone than they hide again, rinse and repeat. It is useless. So you reveal the Bo, the Bo just smokebombs, ok now your friends reveal Bo so bo runs off screen hides again. So you and 2 friends have Bo boxed in and all 3 of you reveal bo one at a time. Bo smoke bombs once, casts mirror images and shadowstrikes them, no timer on that, than smoke bombs off the last reveal. Detect hidden should be set where once you are revealed you cant hide again for a certain amount time. (like 45 seconds) not just the stupid action timer.
3. Stealth is way too easy, so it costs a few skill points but it ensures a 90% survival rate. And that % goes higher with people that understand how to use it see number 2. Bo actually coined the term easy button for smoke bombs, cause in order to survive you just press 1 button and you are gone.
4. Pet pvp sucks
5. Bo doesnt agree with any extra blessed items, those damn spellbooks should be removed! funny you and yours never want to mention those. And blessed pets should count as your blessed item on siege, meaning you could bless one. Running around with 2 blessed pets, a super blessed spellbook and whatever else you can think of to use your siege bless on is just stupid.
6&7. Players get faction items cause they take the risk of being attackable everywhere even in town. Risk vs reward the items are there to be had. If you wanted them you could easily get them by joinin factions. All you had to do is avoid the people that would kill you, guess what you are doing that anyways. The VvV aspect its a waste cause there is nothing to fight over. Sure it is easy, whats the point of Bo doing any VvV??? for deco? ahahaah

Bo's 2cents -- Seems like revvo wants freedom and playing a prodo shard doesnt give you that. Freedom to attack anyone anywhere. One player per account lets you know who is who without them being able to hide behind 6 other character names. It seems to bo that the only kind of pvp that takes place anymore is NO LOOT PVP, guess what it is actually working. ya know why cause like bo said years ago people dont like to lose the **** they work hard to get. And on siege you gotta work doubly hard to get that ****. All of this could have been cured with one word. INSURANCE.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree about stealth and tamers in PvP, stealth need a mega nerf and I too believe a tamer should have to use his Siege bless to bless his pet.

I don't like Insurance and don't think it belong on Siege, there must be other ways to solve it.
The problem is, the game is so item based now and complex, that it is almost impossible for crafters to stock their vendors with PvP gear. In old days, you stocked mage suit (leather), light dexxer/archer suit (Ring/chain) and plate suit, was so much easier and a gm weapon did not need alot mods.

If VvV items will help, then allow them on Siege but if used vs non VvV, they should lose their VvV tag and be useable of all. So the moment you go grey to a blue, the items can be used of all.

However, I'm not sure it will help PvP'ers like me, who really sucks. Yes I could get the VvV items but would lose them fast to other VvV players and it would still be the upper hardcore PvP'ers who would have the extra advantage from the items.

We can hope, this new Skill Mastery, we will get can make it's less important. We will see to september how it works.

I do believe, if we could get more resist on items on Siege, so you did not have to think about putting a suit with 5x70 or 5x60 together, it would help. Increase basis resist on items from 15% to 30%, that would make both looted items and crafted items easier to put together. Now the farmers and crafters could sell single items instead of suits and it would be easy to use vendor seach to seach for an item with the mods you want. It was so much easier before we got this stupid 5 kind of resists/damage. If your hat get looted, it's a hell to find a new with the right resists and it will ruin the whole suit

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... stealth need a mega nerf ...
I'd rather see Stealth left alone and Detect Hidden be made more effective.

Shave a hundred points off the combat skills by requiring the Detect Hidden skill point investment so Crafter types who have points invested in crafting skills have more of a chance when attacked and add a timer to prevent hiding again for 30 seconds or so if revealed by Detect Hidden. A character scrambling away from an attacker isn't going to be able to hide quickly. Any attacker who can't snuff someone with 120 hp in less than 30 seconds is in the wrong line of work.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps Siege is not the shard for you Revvo.
Judging by the constant population posts Siege isn't for anyone besides a very small number who wanted it the way it is now :)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would it work if they removed stealth but readded the recall spell?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That could be a decent tradeoff for non mages. Traveling when young with the &$^#!! dark wisps wiping you out and then camping the body til it rots is likely a serious pain for those people checking out Siege and the time walking everywhere has to get boring. Boredom is never a Good Thing.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Nice post, Bo.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That could be a decent tradeoff for non mages. Traveling when young with the &$^#!! dark wisps wiping you out and then camping the body til it rots is likely a serious pain for those people checking out Siege and the time walking everywhere has to get boring. Boredom is never a Good Thing.
Please tell me you are not suggesting that a non mage should have the ability to use the recall spell without investing points in magery?!

Regardless, recalling on Siege should never, ever be allowed.

I hope the moderators around here can appreciate the fact that I have not broken the RoC as I am want to do just reading the ******** you people come up with on a regular basis! I hope ******** doesn't get me banned because there just any other fitting word to use. o_O

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the moderators around here can appreciate the fact that I have not broken the RoC as I am want to do just reading the ******** you people come up with on a regular basis! I hope ******** doesn't get me banned because there just any other fitting word to use. o_O
Well obviously your not for the idea! :p

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Detect Hidden works fine, not sure why anyone else is having issues with it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree we need recall, but with around 30 sec delay, so you can get interrupted.

Stealth need to be nerfed, maybe disable smoke bombs on Siege. Also a crafter do not need to be able to run when using stealth, even a Ninja should not be able to run when stealthing.

One think more, fire fields, poison fields and others like this should damage and unhide hidden chars, it do not make sense, that you can stand hidden in a poison field without getting hurt.