What if they reinstated the blackrock gain event?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
J

Jaimes

I started Siege a year ago, during the gain event. I don't play now obviously because of school, but I remember that the blackrock gain event brought quite the influx of new players. I had a blast that time when I played, and although I gained skill a bit more quickly than is proper for Siege, I really enjoyed it.

So, just speculatively... would you want them to reinstate the blackrock gain event, just for a few weeks again? Maybe make it habitual?

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

The blackrock has just about run to ground...
and so is advertizing for a rival game Darkfall.

First you say you want to help UO, second you support the rival game.
I always pay attention more to what people do... not what they say.

I believe no further replies are need to the post.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

Old dude give the guy a break he was asking about siege and black rock who cares what he has on his sig really. if that game does come out many people will leave UO sorry thats just going to happen dont get all pissy because of that.

As far as the black rock thing goes i would much rather see them do away with RoT, little temporary fixes like blackrock and acrility scrolls dont fix the core of the issue.

J

Jaimes

Darkfall is neither here nor there... I removed my sig. That thing has been there for years.

If it comes out, cool. If not, cool. I'm here on the UO boards, aren't I?

G

**waves to Jaimes**

I had fun at the blackrock *gains* thing cuz Castor told us not to go or he would kill us and of course...I seen that as an invitation TO GO and had fun just being silly defying him but we friends anyhow...but he isn't here to play no more. :* So even if they redid it...wouldnt have him around being HIM for me to be ME being sassy defying folks that say..dont go there or I might kill u and then I GO like SOOO kill me I go wth I please ...just wouldnt be as fun now be boring.

I just wish they would FINISH storylines and not just flippin forget about em for a change...also ditto with patches and publishes that were to create something...then the patch publish to get rid of whatever either never happens or only partly happens or they forget what they started anyways. Take the RAIN...yes take it...remember the snow we were given all lovely and white and the spring rains to *melt the snow*...still raining snow long gone. . etc. etc. Blackrock eles still hit when ya go mining, thingie still sits in every Moonglow per shard ..what century is that story line gonna finish ? ? SA expansion ?? later or sit there as long as the yew swamp did for yrs, till elves cured it all years later.

Bleh.. be nice to begin things and finish em instead of forgetting em or delaying em till hell freezes over, or forgotten entirely never finished.

Anyhow, how is school going for ya anyways ?

I

imported_mo'gluk

I personally like the alacrity scrolls... if they made them a reward item for quests or some drop on creatures would be cool..... either way would be nice to set up a way to help balance out the long build time for newbs

G

Meh I only used one of those blue thingies...won it in a vendor-crafter contest so I used it. I got one for Arms Lore when I did not race to have arms lore when we first had to get it, as other tailors had done, thus I was behind, but then I got the scroll and used it. YAY.
But that one that only one I ever used, kinda came in handy though. Never bought nor used any others but then I am never in some rush to up skills anyhow I play even when my chrs. suck at whatevers...prefer to play then be *eggtimered* all the time like some feel they can not even play till they are DONE like a pot roast or something.

G

oh i agree on acrility scrolls but if they can do that they may as well fix rot. take alot to implement something for just one shard may as well just fix the core issue and not need anything to gain.

I

imported_SavageSP

Blackrock was a Blast, I think ROT needs to be Modified , but Im not sure I wanna see a permanant Blackrock type gaining area, Siege needs some form of ROT.

Alacrity Scrolls are ok in my mind, not sure how they help over 70 warrior skills, maybe someone can enlighten me on that one?

Maybe have them drop like Marty's on Monsters?

M

Masumatek

I'm just going to copy and paste an old post since I don't like retyping all the time. ROT itself needs addressed. We do not need and should not ask for alac scrolls.

"As for alac scrolls, I disagree with them. They were and are a bad idea. The skill gain system itself needs addressed, not some bandaid fix scrolls, and at that not really a fix at all, considering alacrity scrolls strongly favored fully trained characters to go get them, not untrained characters, and also only certain classes....certainly not people such as crafters.Heck, the scrolls don't even allow you to play the game. You log out and do that stupid time every 5, 10, or 15 minutes crap. And then when you get your max gains a day, you log out, or else your scroll expires. So stupid. The scrolls aren't going to increase our population nearly as much (if at all) as a major change to ROT would. In fact, we've already had the scrolls on Siege. *looks around* Hrmm, ghost shard for the win? Nope, they certainly didn't work."

I

imported_SavageSP

I do agree with you about ROT needing to be changed, I dont like the log out thing either for alacrity scrolls, I just take what im givin and run with it.

I would prefer a ROT fix to Alacrity Scrolls for the record.

I

imported_mo'gluk

What I am saying is if they applied a means to work to gain a consistent amount of blue scrolls... make us fight and quest for faster skill gain I think that they could make it difficult enough and worthwhile to us who would desire such methods.....

J

Jaimes

Hey QZ!

This is study break #2. In another couple of minutes I'll get back to studying physics. I have my final exam tomorrow morning :O

My classes are going really well. I'm actually working really hard for the first time in school, which is the best feeling. And the reward I get for my work is well worth it. I'm thinking that what I chose to do (premed) is more and more attainable after every test. The grades from this semester will be the biggest feedback and I don't expect that it will be negative feedback.

I don't have time to play any type of computer game during school, but I do really miss them. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to spend winter break doing. My family is taking a vacation, but I'll have two weeks (one before Christmas and one after New Year's) of free time with no responsibilities, work, or stress. I feel kind of silly for selling my account during summer, but I felt at the time that I needed to remove all distractions in order to focus on my goals. While I've realized now that I definitely can't afford to play anything during school, I get really bored during breaks.

So I guess what I'm trying to say by all of that is that there's a good chance I will make a new account over break. I won't mind starting over, though I will miss not having an ethy or even the +5 stat cap (you need 6 months for that, right?). I can make by just fine with summoned undead horse/hellsteed though, or a war horse/charger of the fallen if I get to that point. Plus, starting over is pretty fun -- the challenge of building everything up again doesn't get old.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
i think the blackrock being on all the time would bring alot of places to look for plaeyrs training and maybe bring some people from other shards to populate this decsalate server...

yes ik now i suck at spelling no need to point it out, all u heros out there.

G

I loved the blackrock event.

The chaos, the risk, the fights, the br ellies, the comaraderie, these were all very fun!

G

<blockquote><hr>

i think the blackrock being on all the time would bring alot of places to look for plaeyrs training and maybe bring some people from other shards to populate this decsalate server...

[/ QUOTE ]

Desolate* see i helped =}

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]