• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to.. (various Europa players)

vwrmic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone, since rejoining I have been looking for a friend of mine, but I haven't been able to find her. I'm hoping someone can help me as I would very much like to see how she is. It's important.

Her main character was Marisoll McKay, the exact spelling may differ slightly, it's been a while since I saw her. She used to live just north of the RAA shop and ran a plant shop made on an 18x18 made of white marble (can't remember location). Unfortunately her main house is now gone and she isn't appearing on the character finder on UO.com.

I will happily reward someone if I can get back in touch with her. It would mean a lot too me.

Thank you.

B

Brin Europa

Some of these are board names, some in-game character names. Not seen many for years and would be interested to know what has become of them. Many are on my ICQ list but some I just remember seeing and don't anymore.

Valfrejya
Iron Chew (tower of roses)
Tantos of Selune
Demon Mist/Juntos
bijtje
Perelandra/FF Books
Buliwyf
Kragen Ironfist and Carrot
Orangebeard
Cara Lacey
Wikkr
Barbed Wire
Taerom Fuirum
hopfull
LeBaiton
Lysana/Ixxy
Meru/A Giant Bee
Nibbley Wibbley
SilBerFoXx
rwrj88
tia
Zofinur
Valin
TobyOne

Some older ones:

Satanic Turkey
Shazam/Fluffy (former Stratics content editor)
Thalantis
Light
Lemo
(Lady) Breigh
Tutunka
Oona Moonstone
Kodan Txips
Tutunka

If you are any of these people, or know of them, i'd be interested in hearing from you :)

Also, feel free to hijack this thread to add other names.
Where are:
Zarr
Leb(aiton)
Fluffy
Wikkr!!!
Val
All the great reds who made the game so fun.....
FoX guild
those were some fun times!!!

The last good times were Factions am I right?

Vas Flam biatches....:gee:

B

Brin Europa

omg !

Elminster is still a bit around, if we're talking about the same (a RPer)
On other chars though, in the Communauty of Skara Brae RP guild

I could try to contact him when he comes around on ICQ.
Elm was awesome...

G

GEveline

Zofinor ( as mentioned, quit due to wrongful action of Dev team a few years back)
Zofinur did something stupid or Wrongful action of the dev team...
in fact zofinur did kill himself after beeing accused for something he never did.
as far as i know ea/staff/whoever never did explain what they thought he did wrong.

all this made his reallife collapse and caused me to leave the game too.

has the case been explained/discussed/solved in the forums?
i think he thought he was not the only one beeing accused innocent.
or do i have to search two years of forum posts now?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LeBaiton you'll find further up the board if you look. He's back and happily digging.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Hey everyone, since rejoining I have been looking for a friend of mine, but I haven't been able to find her. I'm hoping someone can help me as I would very much like to see how she is. It's important.

Her main character was Marisoll McKay, the exact spelling may differ slightly, it's been a while since I saw her. She used to live just north of the RAA shop and ran a plant shop made on an 18x18 made of white marble (can't remember location). Unfortunately her main house is now gone and she isn't appearing on the character finder on UO.com.

I will happily reward someone if I can get back in touch with her. It would mean a lot too me.

Thank you.
I think if i am thinking of the same person she isnt playing anymore or she is playing on the Atlantic shard. Was she an older lady or do you know?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think if i am thinking of the same person she isnt playing anymore or she is playing on the Atlantic shard. Was she an older lady or do you know?
Yep thats her, she was with us in ACG for while, very sensitiive lady if i remember

i did keep in contact with her after she left guild, she was playing Dungeon Runners, showed me that, Mic informed me that said game is now closed

Not heard from her for a long time

back to Zofinor

killed himself? real life issues, tell me this is not ACTUALLY fact, but just game killed?

and no, never did get an explaination, not on the boards, nor would we, but i have not seen him on ICQ for years, or posting on the board, if there was a sound conclusion i would have expected to see him ingame by now

hope all is well with him :(

T

thalantis

Well im lurking still, cant remember the password for my old account, tried the admin twice now but no reply.

Trev contacted me on icq few weeks back, gave him all my old uo pictures i still keep, oh the memories, even wore one of those blue hooded thingies, i was in a 'gang' :gun: of volunteers :lol:

Me and my bro are leading a casual wow guild on the horde side of genjuros, guild is called hafa adai, which means welcome where my bro lives now (guam)

O

Out of Date

Perelandra left a few years ago =(
Sold and demolished his houses.

Not seen him online since.

D

DrakeSanskrit

Incredible...just random bimbling around on the net and once again I end up on UOStratics, and found this thread. Having tired of other MMOs I keep asking myself if I want to return to UO. Have been playing a bit of DAoC and its got me all nostalgic, and threads like this just make me remember what an amazing community UO has always been!

I never made a huge mark on UO, but I did run a shop called the Broker, and with the help of a few others, started the 'Vendor Ring'.

I recognise pretty much most of the names listed above, and I'll add a few more from my time;

Nome / Worker
Kas Valentine
Kofu

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dionysos i spoke to a little while ago, she has been busy with a new job and taking a break from uo.

and trev, why am I not on your list? :(
*huggerz UO*
Yeppers, I´m still quite busy in real life (the job´s awesome!), but both my accounts are still active.
I´m moving soon to a new flat (alone this time) so maybe then I´ll have a bit more time to play.

vwrmic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the reply Nyte, may I ask where you got this information from? If she is on the Atlantic shard hopefully I could get in contact with her. She is an older lady. :) Or to put it more politically, more mature.

T

thalantis

ah there is kas :) hmmm what was the guild called again, something with UK

A

ambernectar

*waves*

How are you matey ?
im good matey,long time no see :D

speaking of which, did i see dean martin on EU the other day? I'm between jobs and enjoying all the EU has to offer for the forseeable future! let me know if you have fallen off the wagon ;)

121389042 xx

D

DrakeSanskrit

I remember my thief was briefly in Kas' 'thieving little b*******s' guild which was called Moo or something.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well im lurking still, cant remember the password for my old account, tried the admin twice now but no reply.

Trev contacted me on icq few weeks back, gave him all my old uo pictures i still keep, oh the memories, even wore one of those blue hooded thingies, i was in a 'gang' :gun: of volunteers :lol:

Me and my bro are leading a casual wow guild on the horde side of genjuros, guild is called hafa adai, which means welcome where my bro lives now (guam)
I missed this one! Can you tell me what email address you sent to? I haven't received anything. I can re-activate your old account. PM me.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who was your ClanUK character? Still a few of us around though we are of the 'new wave' :)

C

Calador/Dain

Well I saw this thread and had to post something. I wonder if anyone remembers me :).

It's been a while since I visited these forums. I tried to reactivate my old account name when Laton sadly passed away but someone else had taken my name it would appear in the server swop over. I hope those of you still playing from when I played UO are well /waves at Barian and Petra and that you have as many fond and sad memories as I do of Ultima Online.

I currently run a fairly successful WoW Guild, with quite a few ex GYE and DCL - Guardians of Yew and The Darkcloaks members on Aerie Peak EU called - The Grey Council as one of the surviving members of Calador's family - Barathorn.

I am hoping I guess to get back in touch with people via this thread, so Seriya and Val, if you are reading, get in touch!

Good to see Stratics thriving, I enjoyed my time as a reporter here.

Take care all, as ever I peddle stories and hope some of you carried on in my footsteps when I left for new shores.

As ever, your friend,

/bows

Dain/Calador/Garrett/Barathorn

GM of GYE
Founding Member of DCL
Champion of the Ancient Oak/Red Knight of the Ancient Oak
Storyteller
Founder of 'Gyevale' and 'Hawks Hollow' - Player run towns
Dwarven Blacksmith

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Dain.
I remember my time with GYE :). I was a mere apprentice babbler on Stratics then. I've moved on just a little bit since.

C

Calador/Dain

Yeah you have done well Petra! You always did work hard though so kudos to you.

Glad you are ok.

GYE has so many fond memories for me, I unfortunately lost all of the stories I wrote for Stratics a few years ago but am in the process of rewriting a lot of them in a book I have been working on for the last 10 years. I'll send you a copy when I get it published.

I still have the chuckles about the events of that last player meet I organised with Carrot and his brother when 450 people turned up at the Sports Bar in London. Brilliant times.

UO was and always will be a massive part of my life. I wouldn't have met my lovely wife without it.

/bows

T

Trevelyan

If that was the Barbican meet, then that was a good meet.. once I was allowed in :D

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im good matey,long time no see :D

speaking of which, did i see dean martin on EU the other day? I'm between jobs and enjoying all the EU has to offer for the forseeable future! let me know if you have fallen off the wagon ;)

121389042 xx
Not sure I was ever on the wagon lol ! It's quite possible you may have seen Dean :)

7059529 - sent you a request

C

Calador/Dain

I think it was Trev, I think you were 12 or 13 at the time? I remember having to get special agreement from the Duty Manager to get you in.

When was that, 2000/2001?

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recognise pretty much most of the names listed above, and I'll add a few more from my time;

Nome / Worker
Kas Valentine
Kofu
I'm still here !

Just minding my own business with the glorious Baronship of Cove.

/double thumbs up

Haven't been on Stratics in, oooooh, fair while though.....

"Your password is 735 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.
"

Teehee, I remember the Sports Bar though, I think? I seem to recall stayin' with Dain, Valfreyja and Zen (perhaps Wikkr too) and offering "pies for a pund"....? S'that the right one? Pretty sure that was in a pub just off Trafalgar Square though, the Moon of the Unicorn or something...? S'another stain on my memory featuring a bar where we were all upstairs and the room had those massive shop display style windows. Where was that? Nottingham? The plan to sneak a youthful Trevelyan in certainly rings a bell.

I'm so confused !

S'such a long time ago, good times though, good times.

What of Zole and Shaunboy? Or Richard D James? Any news from them?

Glad to hear so many of us are still live and kickin'.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone ever see mUTANT again? :)

And I haven't seen Zole in a long time, and it's been ages since I have seen Muse lovin' Richard D James around...

When Kofu left I was rather surprised he never had the urge to return, seeing as he was well established on the shard with his Vesper bridge shop...

Glad to see a lot of the old familiar faces, even Dain honoring us with a visit. Are you still staying in WoW, even though they're pending on implementing that RealID thingy? So many people which I've met during my WoW period who are now calling it quits, or letting their subscription run out...

T

Trevelyan

Zole xfered to the Japanese shard in RL

And actually, it was Feb 2002 (got the train ticket still :D).. and I was 13

C

Calador/Dain

Anyone ever see mUTANT again? :)

And I haven't seen Zole in a long time, and it's been ages since I have seen Muse lovin' Richard D James around...
Mr Goodnight? Was that RD James?

Glad to see a lot of the old familiar faces, even Dain honoring us with a visit. Are you still staying in WoW, even though they're pending on implementing that RealID thingy? So many people which I've met during my WoW period who are now calling it quits, or letting their subscription run out...
Pffft I don't know about me honoring you lot with a visit, I feel slightly humbled that people still remember me in honesty so if anything its you lot remembering a stubborn old dwarf :). I never thought I would ever come back to Stratics but I was speaking to a few of my Guild on vent last night and we were telling stories and a wave of nostalgia swept over me.

Real ID is a bad idea but it is going to happen. Unfortunately people don't understand what it means exactly and are knee jerk reactioning to it. I don't like the idea one bit, but then in honesty I expect like a lot of our Guild we are simply waiting for SW:TOR anyway.

Glad to see you are ok Trev and Leb.

And of course Kaz. You truly are a UO legend Mr Valentine.

Dain.

C

Calador/Dain

I wanted to if I may post a few names of people who aren't on Trev's list and who haven't posted in this thread who I consider to be worthy of 'Legend' status even though they may not have been prominant posters on the forums. These people made UO enjoyable for the right and in some cases [SuperBoB you took trolling to a new level :)] wrong reasons.

Reti from FrY
Moulie the Moderator
Laton [R.I.P Chris]
Barian
Tamara from GYE/Gorbash from DCL
Lord Ulysses
Draxandru Rose
Baker from The Ancient Oak
SuperBoB
Zen
Piourke
Tarmon Gaidon
Seriya Delacy
Anita from GYE
BickyCat from GYE
Neidre
Xi Nightingale
Sisay/Merc

T

Trevelyan

I really should update the main post, or add to it.

Anyway ones I know about:

Barian still plays
Lord Ulysses still plays sort of now and then I think. RAA is still very much around as is his shop near skara.

Other names you listed that I should really add, but I reckon by now people will probably just be reading through.

Maybe I could just update the main post with names people want put on and their current status if known?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calador

Seriya and a few others have a Facebook group - I reckon there is a fair few DCL in there. I dont know what they are called though.

And I remember Hawks Hollow well

S

Sally Buttons

I reactivated my account after a year out, having played WoW half heartedly and badly for a while. Haven't played very much at all due to rl work and theatre things but having spent the last five weeks in hospital, having two mahoooosive operatiions, I am now on long term sick leave with more time on my hands. The downside is that I can't spend more than about ten minutes at a time on the computer at the moment due to pain! But it's getting a little easier each day, so I should be back ingame quite soon.
A lot of the people mentioned are on Facebook, so if anyone is there and wants to join the Europa refugees group, send me a pm!:)

D

DrakeSanskrit

I reactivated my account after a year out, having played WoW half heartedly and badly for a while. Haven't played very much at all due to rl work and theatre things but having spent the last five weeks in hospital, having two mahoooosive operatiions, I am now on long term sick leave with more time on my hands. The downside is that I can't spend more than about ten minutes at a time on the computer at the moment due to pain! But it's getting a little easier each day, so I should be back ingame quite soon.
A lot of the people mentioned are on Facebook, so if anyone is there and wants to join the Europa refugees group, send me a pm!:)
Hope you get better soon Sally, sounds painful!

I found a very small (8 member) facebook group...is there another I dont know about?

S

Sally Buttons

Oh yes, we have loads of people in our group. If you want to pm me your name, I will add you and invite you. I remember you from Big Mama's Bachelorette Auction, many moons ago, when I had a char called Roxy Beaujolais! Dain had a char in my guild at one point too

F

Feanor

Valfrejya had all those Ancient Oak trouneys back in the days, and for this she will always be remembered and respected.
http://www.valfreyja.dk/ao/AO_events_AORT.htm last was 22 december 2002. As AoS came with items most old PvPers left and new blood came in.
If you take a look at 'ranking' youll see a million souls with unknown destiny.

If anyone got the time and energy, bring back PvP tournaments, its very good for the community, i be sponsor np.

As a sidenote its a million houses that gone down in fel past 3-4 years,
however its still possible to run around and recognize names of players not seen for years, on the house sign.
Dear god, do you still play UO Psy ?
i just had an attack of of "old time nostalgia" and was looking abit around about ancient UO times, and here i found ole Psy posting :grouphug:
Rather funny

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember many of the players listed..though it doesn't look like many remember us hehe :) John and Medea Blackwood..we used to own 4 houses in East Brit..and ran shops here there and everywhere..remember our tailor shops? Anyway we absconded to WoW for over 3 years..but always missed UO..and after spending hours trying to remember our log in/passwords..we're coming back on the 14 day free trial to see how much the game has changed. Hopefully returning :)

One of my most abiding memories was the Invasion..and the Bloodguard ! still have the signed book in the bank with everyone who took part :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember many of the players listed..though it doesn't look like many remember us hehe :) John and Medea Blackwood..we used to own 4 houses in East Brit..and ran shops here there and everywhere..remember our tailor shops? Anyway we absconded to WoW for over 3 years..but always missed UO..and after spending hours trying to remember our log in/passwords..we're coming back on the 14 day free trial to see how much the game has changed. Hopefully returning :)

One of my most abiding memories was the Invasion..and the Bloodguard ! still have the signed book in the bank with everyone who took part :)

I still have your roses, some books and other bits tucked away. Let me know if you want them :)

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be amazing :) thank you..although not sure how we can get back..we still have our account names..but can't figure out how to get the free trial..do we need to create another account? if so then we'd have to start from scratch I suppose..otherwise its reactivating old account and installing the game again. Getting excited hehe :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm afraid the 'free trial' is just that, for new players to try it out. Existing accounts would need to re-subscribe.
I remember you both well and hope to see you around soon :) You'll find links to downloads of both the classic and the enhanced client here: http://www.uoherald.com/downloads/

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss UO.

Seeing all these old people and hearing old names almost bring a tear in the eye :)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember many of the players listed..though it doesn't look like many remember us hehe :) John and Medea Blackwood..we used to own 4 houses in East Brit..and ran shops here there and everywhere..remember our tailor shops?
Certainly! I remember the shops and you two. Coming back? Nice! Don`t hesitate to ask in general chat or here though. It`s been a few changes...