• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What game should we go to next?

S

Sativa L

Right now, I am having a hard time even logging in to EALand. I need time to deal with some emotions first. I have a billion thoughts bouncing around my brain.. few of them making sense. lol

looking ahead..

I have played free online poker for a long time.. but in spurts. That is more of a thing to do while skilling lol It can't replace TSO.

I signed up for Pirates of the Caribean months ago. It wouldn't run on my old pc. I doesn't really sound too appealing.

I attempted to sign up for Rohan, but could not get the verification process to work.. I doubt I will try again lol

Toontown.. sounds childish (LOL I know.. kinda like EA Land)

Quest games have never really enticed me...

There I tried years ago, like every other "tried game", I never gave it an honest shot.
I signed up for Keneva well over a year ago(beta) and spent some time there althought I quickly lost interest when Luc appeared. I "just "downloaded Keneva onto my new pc it's not TSO.. not even close. But my apartment is just as I left it.. lol I did have fun decorating and exploring way back then. Maybe, I will explore abit more.. Maybe not.

Virtual Vancover sounds interesting.. $20/month for VIP status... kinda steep, but still only 1/2 of what I have paid for TSO for the past 5 years. I bookmarked it.. Maybe i will try.

Then there is SL, the non-game I have been "not playing" for years.. lol I actually signed up for SL a couple of months ago when I could no longer use my "pc won't run it" excuse any more. I have only logged in 3 times. All three times I lost interest and left within a half hour. Now, I will defineately give SL an honest try.

There is no shortage of games, unfortunately non are TSO. I guess in time I will find my niche, but right now I just feel lost and abandoned.

I will miss TSO and my SIMS in ways that I can not even being to comprehend at this time. I know August 1 will be a day of great sorrow. A day that I am thankful I have 90 days to prepare for. On a positive note.. TSO has provided me with unmeasurable fun times, memories, and best of all, friendships that extend well beyond the servers of Electronic Arts.

L

Lord Death

I play second life, I like it except there aren't any goals you can set for yourself. By that I mean in TSO you can try to reach the top of a career path, open a top house, max your skills, etc. Also in sl almost all the guy avitars look like they took way too many steroids and the lady avitars all had plastic surgury. On the plus side, the CC is outstanding!

I'm also going to try Keneva. But I'm concerned about what I heard so far about it.

Sincerely,
LD aka Lord Lobo in Second Life

p.s. a little off topic, on another post I read that Sims 3 wont have online capabilities because EA says that people don't like to play together... maybe they should ask that to the millions of people that play WOW and Second Life!

M

mike1977

How about asking that question those of us who want the game to stay running!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I bet EA sends out mass emails for Warhammer online when it comes out. Having been away a couple years from TSO I tried second life, still there once in a while, and World of Warcraft. Ive been playing WoW well over a year I highly reccomend it.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaha funny. I got an email from EA with Warhammer ALL OVER IT. :p
maybe it's just me or something...

Find me on SL! I'm bored without EA--- I mean TSO!!!!
(Aaronlego2 DeCuir. G-PG chat please)

btw.. Keneva and There... NOT GOOD IDEAS FOR A *tear* REPLACEMENT for TSO.... :p
SL is ok for CC. ^^ but yeah.. I some how found myself in the bad part of it and I see some bad things.. (aka, not as PG as I or anyone would like)
So if you move to SL, a) stay away from the mainland or b) lock the kids in the bathroom as you explore. ^^ Other than that it's fine.

OR you could wait a few years (not sure how many) until I can somehow make my own online chat game! ^^ (ok, I don't have any major ideas for it yet, but I will listen! ^^ I'll add some stuff about it on my website, ask me if you would like to know where it is.)

G

Somebody please explain Keneva to me? I gave it a quick glance (and signed up), and it looks reasonably Sims-ish to me...

I haven't downloaded it yet since it would require me to boot into Windows (don't think it would run on Linux - even on Wine), but I'm intrigued...

D

deadtoaster2

<blockquote><hr>

Somebody please explain Keneva to me? I gave it a quick glance (and signed up), and it looks reasonably Sims-ish to me...

I haven't downloaded it yet since it would require me to boot into Windows (don't think it would run on Linux - even on Wine), but I'm intrigued...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I could use some pointers as well. I am currently downloading it so we will see how it goes.

T

TKSpeedy1

I've been looking at the game links posted on the forums and I gotta ask. Why do all the simulation/virtual world games seem to be so dark? Most I've seen have to do with wizards, monsters, etc. And some I have found that I might like I don't know if I'll be able to play because of the graphics. My Sims Mega Deluxe is re-installing as I speak...I don't know why because it was already on my computer but it says I added another expansion pack....and now it's installing again on the C drive instead of the F drive where I had it. So I'm hoping this means that I downloaded and installed Unleashed correctly. It's not even on the EA site anymore....At least with that I can build my dream house now that I've had experience building, but I know once EaLand is gone and I go back to the offline game, I'll catch myself trying to talk to people.

Ok, sorry for rambling....I've felt like I've been in a fog all day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about asking that question those of us who want the game to stay running!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of us don't want to sit around and complain about the game staying open, we already have enough posts about that + I gave up on EA-Land (I mean whats the point of putting so much time and effort into a game that will be leaving in a few months)

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I could use some pointers as well. I am currently downloading it so we will see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded it but I keep getting "turn off firewall" messages. The only firewall I have yet to turn off is my router's and it's not as simple as turning it off. When I tried to contact customer support, my question wouldn't go through. It just kept telling me to try again later.

D

deadtoaster2

Well it seems to be glitchy. Ive been playing for 15 mins and I already had to restart the game twice. The first time I was trying to go to another location and it was downloading some files and then it crashed.

The second time I was in the Family Guy room and i fell thru the stairs and got stuck.

Its definetly no tso but its better than I was thinking it might be.

G

I actually really like Kaneva! It is in beta so I'm going to stick around and see what more they add to it
I think it has a lot of potential.

V

vapd3317

TTL

downloaded Sl and Kaneva last night and tried em both. SL was like watching grass grow, In the winter, In the Arctic, blind.

Kaneva had alot more activity and many many more people when you first enter the game.

between the two, would recommend Kaneva, but still surfing for more games. At least with Kaneva, within a couple hours, I had a small amount of money and a free house. Kaneva also offerred many more avaliable interactions and personal animations for use as a new player.

D

dinaj

I tried Keneva before coming back to TSO in July 07 and it got old fast, tooo many tweens, way too much drama. What I disliked most about it was that it was NOT sims , you could not interact with objects or other avatars.

I

imported_TraciRK

OK, Tried Toontown day beforeyesterday, yes it is on Disney but there are a lot of adults and you get to kill cogs. There are quests type goals. I would recommend you do subscribe if you like it otherwise you can only use their phrases to talk and it is hard to talk to your friends. If you do subscribe, my yahoo is Tracirk so send me an im and we can play together.

Tried There yesterday, not impressed at all, I like to work and make money and it seemed kind of dead in there - pun intended lol.

Today we are heading into Kaneva, my name is TraciRK, sorry not very imaginative when creating names. So will see how it goes, it does look more like TSO than most.

H

hutson797

good Idea I have ran out of places to check out wow is ok but, Kaneva not, 2nd life don't think so, But it doesn't matter sims was a game like no other. Find a place for us lost sims I will be there, Sim name Nobody

G

I tried Kaneva, but it's just like a massive mall where you can buy stuff for your house and add media on your T.V's in your house -- the truth is, is it's just a bunch of virtual profiles.

I really don't like Kaneva theres no creativity in it like in TSO we can make Restaurants, Hotels, etc and theres no jobs (NPC or with other players). So I can expect that it gets really old.

I tried Second Life, the game is just like walking around a large city and waiting for the game to load because everything is gray and Is slow running. There are barely any members and when you see them they just make stuff and don't talk. I would have to say that Second Life is just a giant virtual mall.

I tried Pirates, It's made by Disney so If your looking for a more of a adult community then look some where else. I actually downloaded this one on my mac and It didn't open so I will download it again, but having it for mac and pc was a good Idea in my opinion because TSO was really the only game I could run smoothly on my pc.

I will update on my reviews on games, but those are the ones I have tried so far.

- Danny Banks

I

imported_TraciRK

Yeah, I did get a bronze dance trophy in kaneva but got kind of tired of pushing the arrow keys, haven't found anything else yet that would be job related. I was happy to see you can buy stuff with your rewards instead of having to pay rl money. I got bored there pretty quick.

In the process of downloading Oz now http://oz.ongameport.com/ it is a 3 hour download on highspeed so going to do some cleaning around the house while it downloads. So far Toontown is still the best one i have found, am waiting to shoot em up in stargateworlds so want something more sim like for right now. Will let you know how Oz goes. Thanks for your thoughts Danny

G

I've tried some new games since EA-Land announced they were closing. I've tried World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy Online before but I'm not really into fighting games so I cancelled both of them. I did check out Puzzle Pirates which looks really cute and Toontown is adorable as well. I need a game with some type of quests or goals so Second Life or There aren't really for me. I downloaded Oz which is a huge file and got confusing trying to figure out how to fish so I gave up on it for now. Unfortunately it's been difficult finding a game that I enjoy as much as EA-Land but I am still trying.

I do have a Pogo account under the name stephoswalk which I have been playing. Though sometimes Pogo can get really boring and tedious for me and I hate getting stuck on challenges.

G

I've been playing Pirates of the Caribbean since it went public last October.
It's a blast! Disney keeps updating all the time. You can play blackjack and poker anytime you want, beside killing dead pirates and large bugs etc...
You can go afk (with a AFK notice above your head) also private messages, and your choice of your Guild or public open chat.
It's mostly quests to get a higher level, like TSO locks. You earn "gold" at the same time. There are plenty of clothing, jewerly and tattos to buy, and you can earn get "rare" clothing if your lucky.

G

I really don't know what to play next. I like SL but its a tad laggy on my PC. The creative side of making stuff appeals to me, although I'm not really very good at it.

Toontown is good fun, I'd have to start over because I lost my original account information and its been nearly a year since I was a subscriber so my old toons are long gone now I guess. I liked working through levels and also having a goal to achieve.

I'm not really into killing stuff (although killing cogs in TT was surprisingly enjoyable) a quest based kind of game would probably appeal to me.

One of the things I enjoyed about TSO (and TT) was that the fact that I could work with others to achieve something, but I could also do things on my own when I wasn't feeling all that socialable.

Maybe I'll just stick to offline games from now on

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

One of the things I enjoyed about TSO (and TT) was that the fact that I could work with others to achieve something, but I could also do things on my own when I wasn't feeling all that socialable.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I have thought the same thing about sticking with offline games. Currently I'm wasting time playing Lost

I used to play xbox live all the time, altho I don't very often anymore, but that is really the only online games I'd probably play, and not even the kind of game that could keep me occupied for as long as TSO did.
I also still play sims 1, so might continue to build my world there. I have a deadwood city, lost city, regular city, friends from tso city lol (I probably shouldn't have said that, now my friends will be asking questions :O )
Plus now that I've learned CC I plan to continue making / using it offline.
Good thing summer is almost here, maybe a rl would be a good idea as well lol.

G

We're talking on another thread about Bing Gordon (big EA dude) leaving, and someone found an article that said the place he went to, Kleiner Perkins Caufield &amp; Byers, has a hand in this developing project-

http://www.vivaty.com/about.php

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I have thought the same thing about sticking with offline games. Currently I'm wasting time playing Lost

I used to play xbox live all the time, altho I don't very often anymore, but that is really the only online games I'd probably play, and not even the kind of game that could keep me occupied for as long as TSO did.
I also still play sims 1, so might continue to build my world there. I have a deadwood city, lost city, regular city, friends from tso city lol (I probably shouldn't have said that, now my friends will be asking questions :O )

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I in your offline sims? lol.. and if so ..... well yes I do have a lot of questions... LOL
love you qute....

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I in your offline sims? lol.. and if so ..... well yes I do have a lot of questions... LOL
love you qute....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes ladi you are, with your hubby... haha
You two have a big beautiful house, with a nice landscape and huge pool. You have a section to throw parties outside and more times than not, you are the life of the party!
I've even invited you to the sims 1 makin magic carnival. lol. We usually have fun there! Altho I kick your butt on the balloon pop. hehe.
No kids for you yet tho...I hate watching over them as the baby turns to child, so most everyone is kidless, just like in TSO.

Now all I need is to get tso heads into my game so they actually look like the sim they should look like. I don't even have my red headed pig tail girl...yet...*sighs*

I

imported_julilyn

this may be worth looking into. twinity

Twinity is a 3D online world that mashes up the real with the virtual world. In Twinity you can…

create your virtual self
create your own apartment anywhere in the world
meet real people &amp; make new friends
drop in on your friends and go out and have fun!
Currently a group of visionaries is exploring Twinity for the very first time. Do you want to be part of the experience?

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ts www.standupfromyourchair-andgooutside.com lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This link doesn't work.

Is there an actual game call "Real Life." I can't find it other than the review. Can you share where exactly we can find this game?
Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i can. its very easy to find if you read the link exactly

G

Well I lasted no more then 2 hours in Second Life and ran home to TSO... least for the time being i can try it that way.. I felt so lost over there. Guess will go try out THERE as well.

So desperate to find a virtual home.. I still can't believe we wont have this much longer.. but till then will continue to look for new home and try new games.. as long as not connected to EA....

G

OMG....lol Qute without her pig tails.. now that is a crime

Luckydog laughed when I read him your post.. he said keep us kidless please...lol we have enough in RL

Love the nice house and the wonderful gardens.. you know how much I love gardening

G

So like how is everyone finding these. I have been searching for days and can't really find any virtual worlds.

G

You should go to THIS thread and have a look, I listed a BUNCH of online virtual games there.

But im all uo for trying to keep TSO alive, giving it, giving EA their hardest fight of a lifetime.

M

Monkeybear

i signed up for twinity beta

For other games, ive just order cov/coh good vs evil and I may go back to Toontown.

I

imported_julilyn

Niki found that and showed me. she's on a mission to find us all a new home.

G

Has anyone tried entropiauniverse? It looks interesting... but I already have many games downloaded to my computer (I'm surprised it hasn't crashed yet) and don't want to test out another unless I've heard what fellow sims think about it

G

<blockquote><hr>

We're talking on another thread about Bing Gordon (big EA dude) leaving, and someone found an article that said the place he went to, Kleiner Perkins Caufield &amp; Byers, has a hand in this developing project-

http://www.vivaty.com/about.php

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent in a Beta application and hopefully I will be accepted.

G

Ok this one is going into beta, Looks promising, If everyone signs up for beta and explains their looking for a new home, since EA Made us all homeless. Might have a good chance of getting in on it. But remember, all new games gonna have bugs, not gonna have exactly what ya want, but this one is looking alot more like TSO but with better graphics,,,, ya know the kinds of graphics we were promised and they dumped us instead

Twinity

G

Signed up too, just to do it. In case it everyone is going there.

But its not what I want

I

imported_Spacey

I'm downloading Kaneva right now...just to give it a try.

I am with most of you... I want a game that has goals. I also don't want it to be childish. I want it to be more than a chatroom. I'd like to be able to interact with others like TSO allowed us to do. I know I will never find anything exactly like TSO...but there's got to be a good substitute out there.

Keep the games and reviews coming. It helps us virtually homeless people, like me, alot.

G

k im downloading kaneva now and its updating.. sl wont run on my computer and i have a brand new laptop too lol.. anyways i unistalled There tonight cause i didnt like it and i signed up for twinity and vivaty too lets plant our roots somewhere else.. hope to see everyone soon

G

<blockquote><hr>

I downloaded There and Keneva to try them out and rapidly uninstalled both within five minutes! There seems to be full of teenagers that just want to burp, fart and talk about drugs! Keneva, what can I say? Boring springs to mind. Both are 3D games which tend to make you giddy very quickly, neither are anything like TSO! Out of desperation I downloaded Second Life and my 6 month old laptop doesn't have a compatible graphics card, so thats a 'no goer'. My son used to subscribe to Runescape when he was about 12, he enjoyed it, which basically says it all really LOL Runescape is more fantasy than reality, not my kind of thing and for anyone that adores TSO it won't be theirs either I'm sure. Oh well, guess it's back to boring real life

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing here lol

S

Scarlett Moon

I added my name to the list for joining Twinity Beta. Here is the reply I got from them. Anybody else get this?

Thank you for your interest in joining the private Twinity Beta.

We're currently only adding a few new users at a time, so you may have to wait a little until you can join. Please be patient - we'll contact you the minute a space opens up for you!

If you have any questions in the meantime, we'd love to hear from you. You can reach us at [email protected].

Your Twinity team

N

NBA

Looks like I found my new virtual world... Twinity. If anyone wants to follow NBA, Nike, QuikSilver, (who was all ran by yours truly, ME) join their beta, and follow me there

*Looks off in distance*

I will never forget you TSO, you made me into a big flirt that was popular with all the ladies, (ladies-man, smooth one) and I thank you for that... but now its time to move on, unfortunately

I

imported_oligizmo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ts www.standupfromyourchair-andgooutside.com lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This link doesn't work.

Is there an actual game call "Real Life." I can't find it other than the review. Can you share where exactly we can find this game?
Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i can. its very easy to find if you read the link exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

No it won't. It keeps booting me back to www.sitdownfindanothergame.com. So now I am sitting here trying to find "Real life" and for the look of this so is everyone else! he he he. Can you say addiction?!!!
lol

M

mike1977

I hate to ask knowing everyone is upset with EA but is anyone going on over to Ultima Online who's never played it before?

S

Slammer619

Hey, I don't usually stop by here but here is maybe something for you to look at. Its called A tale in the Desert. Its an Egyptian MMO where you build cities and such sorta like Sims Online. I know overall wont really be the same, but it has some characteristics of it

Enjoy!
A tale in the Desert