• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What game should we go to next?

G

Well, Now that TSO is closing and it's the end of the line... We need to find a new good online game to play. Well I'm looking for one I don't know about you?

So in this post name some games that are a good real life simulation like the sims online ( I doubt we will find one, but it's worth a try ). So name some on here so all these people that don't know where were heading to can get a little back on track...

G

Well, as far as my 3 children are concerned the Toons in toontown online are quite real. And they really must defeat those terrible, nasty cogs!

Honestly though, I'm interested in a "TSO alternative" as well. I've tried Second Life and it was too frustrating for me to figure out.

J

jammybob

Toontown is a great little game, although you cant actually chat to anyone you don't already know. Loads of adults play though, you can tell from the speedchat phrases they use.

I

imported_TraciRK

We have already been playing there tonight and it is a fun little game. We can talk to each other if you subscribe and this is the time to subscribe, they are offring half price subscription.

T

tune71

For now i am on toon town. It really is a fun game, I actually subscribed to it
I have shared my "true Friend code" with many from TSO, so we can still chat there. I would still love to find a game that has the real life feel to it, but haven't found one yet. Entropia has some great game play and the graphics are beautiful. Nice people there as well, but still a little more fighting than I like. SL was not my thing at all! Guess I am going to wait for "home" on ps3, that looks pretty cool. Would love for us all to end up at the same place, I have never played a game that has the friendly family feel that we created in tso.

T

tune71

Someone find a game that we can create a family, We could be the tso outcasts! lol

M

MonaLittlemore

Yes I sighned up for toontown myself ..I played it a while back and used to love it
Going to be a subscriber and play that for a while

I

imported_eggchick7

My friend on I spent over an hour trawling the web and even downloaded a few games including 'There' There is nothing like TSO/EA LAND.. it is unique. All the games are 3 d which is like a getting a dizzy headache instantly and the 2 games entered..one a group were discussing who was on what drug and the other just ignored me. In EALand amongst the sims I have met there has always been (except for the very limited few) courtesy and care shown. The one big family which I would have thought too precious to lose/

M

MonaLittlemore

I googled games tonight ..And it is true theres nothing close to The Simsonline and there never will be

G

<blockquote><hr>

We have already been playing there tonight and it is a fun little game. We can talk to each other if you subscribe and this is the time to subscribe, they are offring half price subscription.

[/ QUOTE ]Last I heard of "There", it had been taken over by a new company in some kind of 'rescue package' deal in the hope of growing the playerbase and making more money, and most of it had decimated what community was there, many had left in disgust, and apart from a few cheerleaders who thought the sun shone out of the developers nether regions, it was pretty much on a downward spiral towards oblivion. Prices had been reduced in the hope of tempting people in.

Sound kinda familiar....?

S

Scarlett Moon

I also play Runescape. It's somewhat like Sims Online. You can interact with other players just like Sims and do alot of different stuff. You can skill (they never degrade), you can learn alot of new stuff to use (magic, herblore, fighting, archery, crafting, fishing, hunting, mining, runecrafting, summoning, construction, farming, fletching, slayer, thieving, cooking, firemaking, melee, smithing, woodcutting). All of these skills are used to do different things. There are Qwests, and all sorts of things to do. There are stores to go to also. But the best part is, you can interact with other players. They also have clans, or families, so to speak. It's an interesting game. You can go here to check it out: www. runescape.com Oh! Almost forgot! It's only $5.00 a month too!

H

HoTDeViL

For all who thinks SL is frustrating hard to handle.
I am there beside TSO for a long time. its not that hard.
we Simmers are just not used to it because it is different.
there will never be something like our beloved TSO again.

but with a little patience you can learn new things.
if you are interested, i am gladly there to help you with SL. IM me here or in yahoo.

YIM: bienchen19652003.

I

illianne

I play wow,have for quite a while now;I also found sl to be not to my liking and hard to learn. For anyone interested in wow,we should all get together and start a guild. Also There has gone downhill and is a bit boring for my taste.

T

tune71

Im downloading Everquest II right now to see what thats like.. Then I think I will give SL another chance, really did not like it when I played, but who knows maybe if there are other simmies there to learn with I may. I will let y'all know how EQII works out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For anyone interested in wow,we should all get together and start a guild

[/ QUOTE ]The Stratics WoW forums has a guild on the Venk'nalish server if you wanted to join an existing guild rather than starting your own.

T

tune71

<blockquote><hr>

I play wow,have for quite a while now;I also found sl to be not to my liking and hard to learn. For anyone interested in wow,we should all get together and start a guild. Also There has gone downhill and is a bit boring for my taste.

[/ QUOTE ]
Always wanted to try WOW, forgot about that one. Adding it to my list..
would be great to start a guild.

S

Suzi Q

I downloaded There and Keneva to try them out and rapidly uninstalled both within five minutes! There seems to be full of teenagers that just want to burp, fart and talk about drugs! Keneva, what can I say? Boring springs to mind. Both are 3D games which tend to make you giddy very quickly, neither are anything like TSO! Out of desperation I downloaded Second Life and my 6 month old laptop doesn't have a compatible graphics card, so thats a 'no goer'. My son used to subscribe to Runescape when he was about 12, he enjoyed it, which basically says it all really LOL Runescape is more fantasy than reality, not my kind of thing and for anyone that adores TSO it won't be theirs either I'm sure. Oh well, guess it's back to boring real life

I

illianne

I never gave a thought to the wow stratics forums,will check it out.

G

I used to do NeoPets with my kid. I still have my old account haha. I also play Second LIfe and there is also HOrizons . Kaneva is boring and lame I was there at start. That is about all I know.

I

imported_Armonia

what is the website for the Real Life game. I could only find reviews for it.

I

imported_Armonia

what is website for Horizons? I reinstalled There.com
I found a few people over 30 years old on There.
I am so sad, you would think EA would try to at least keep the free version of the sims online working.

G

Has anyone tried CoH?
(City of Heroes / City of Villains)

I'm just going back to Sims 2 and wait for Sims 3. That's as close to TSO as I can get.

G

In the How's Life forum, there are game specific threads going on, as well as a list of free games/free trials.

The staff of the other Stratics games wanted to make sure that everyone knew about the other titles that Stratics covers. Some of these games have free trials going on. All of these games have sites similar to EAL TSO Stratics, with forums and game guides. A Stratics membership covers the whole network, not just here, so there is no need to log out to post to another game's forums.

Here is the list of games currently covered by Stratics:

City of Heros/City of Villians
EA-Land
Eve Online
Everquest II
Final Fantasy XI
Lineage II
Lord of the Rings Online
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Star Wars Galaxies
Tabula Rasa
Toontown
Ultima Online
Warhammer
World of Warcraft

It is easy to surf to any of these other subsites by using the middle drop down menu at the top of your Stratics screen found to the far screen right labeled "Stratics Community."

I

imported_TraciRK

Yesterday a few of us tried out toon town and it was pretty fun. Today we are testing out There. Basically just trying out different games til we find one we like. Thanks to all who are posting. There is also a game coming out based on the Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis games, the beta begins in the fall, you can register to be invited to the beta at http://register.stargateworlds.com Hope to see some of you cyberspace!

G

I dont think that looks any different from TS2. The previews look pretty tame... maybe the full version is naughtier.. but woohoo in TS2 is tame too.. and you know exactly what those fireworks mean

I

imported_rpsky3

ok, i read the agreement to Kaneva and it seems to be alot like tso. they do have CC also. you can make your own clothes also! it is free but you can buy the game money and items. your person in game is called an avatar also. i am making an avatar there with my main sim name from here named Penny_Nikkole.
Lets check it out, maybe if we went there, some of the kids that was posted earlier would grow up.. maybe we can make a difference!

G

Although not out yet, Jumpgate Evolution looks to be a very promising update on a space trading/combat game online.

I've played the 'original' version of Jumpgate online which doesn't seem to be very active at the moment ... however you can play and practice offline.

If anyone is old enough to remember the classic 80's space game "Elite" ... it's very much like that but with more modern graphics.

R

Roger Wilco

Don't know if you have tried Eve or not AJ, but if you are wanting a space trading/combat game it's quite popular and growing daily. Large amount of Euro's playing it also.

G

I know a few people that play it - but my two problems are time and money. I'm already at the higher end of my gaming budget monthly, plus with the amount of time I spend already in SL and WoW doesn't leave a lot of time for the luxuries in life such as sleep and work

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know a few people that play it - but my two problems are time and money. I'm already at the higher end of my gaming budget monthly, plus with the amount of time I spend already in SL and WoW doesn't leave a lot of time for the luxuries in life such as sleep and work

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried eve yesterday. its a good game if you dont mind being attacked by other players who think your gonna steal what they are minning when all your really trying to do is figure out how to fly your ship to get the heck away from them. Just a little to complicated for me. LOL. not to mention I dont like to be attacked for no reason. I have also tried There and let me tell you its anything but there. No person to person interactions like TSO and its just a bunch of kids talking about who is on what drugs. I am downloading Kaneva now and its looking alright we shall see.

R

Roger Wilco

Time and money, yeah I sure understand that.

One of the nice things about Eve is that secure, online, scam proof transactions of in game money for game timecards is allowed. I have three accounts and haven't spent a real life cent there for three years, and am paid up for another. The real life selling of virtual items and game cash is prohibited, but those of us who are good at making game cash can pay for our accounts with it 100% legally.

They always offer a free two week trial. If you end up trying and liking it mail me your character name and I'll hook you up with enough game cash to get you started.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last I heard of "There", it had been taken over by a new company in some kind of 'rescue package' deal in the hope of growing the playerbase and making more money, and most of it had decimated what community was there, many had left in disgust, and apart from a few cheerleaders who thought the sun shone out of the developers nether regions, it was pretty
much on a downward spiral towards oblivion. Prices had been reduced in the hope of tempting people in.

Sound kinda familiar....?

[/ QUOTE ]

We recently celebrated the third year anniversary of Makena acquiring There.
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2005/04/67277

Here you can read up on the latest press releases and partnerships. There has even been on Dr. Phil which resulted in a flood of new members.
http://www.there.com/press.html

There isn't for everyone. All you can do is give it a try and see if you like it. Go out and explore. There are plenty of adults in There, they just don't tend to hang out at the spawn locations like others do. Don't judge a whole community by the actions of some.

L

LiL MsBehavin

I started playing "There" about a month ago when I saw that TSO was dying. I really like it. I have tried others like SL, but didnt really care for it. There is fun and you can always find something to do. It is similar to TSO, except when you skill you are going something fun!. People who like making CC will love it. Anways, I think it's worth a try. Look me up (my avie is SaSy). I am in there with other former TSO players.

G

When another online virtual community announced it was closing I think they had decided to go on a tour of all the different virtual worlds together as a group. You could pick a date and time for you all to visit other places as a group and maybe have a guide for each virtual world to answer questions and to give you a tour. Naturally I can help out with a There tour if you all would like to do this.

M

MelonieAnn

I bet EA sends out mass emails for Warhammer online when it comes out. Having been away a couple years from TSO I tried second life, still there once in a while, and World of Warcraft. Ive been playing WoW well over a year I highly reccomend it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I bet EA sends out mass emails for Warhammer online when it comes out. Having been away a couple years from TSO I tried second life, still there once in a while, and World of Warcraft. Ive been playing WoW well over a year I highly reccomend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reading about Warhammer the other day.
It sounds really fun.

G

sounds good, but does the screen scroll and make you dizzy like some games? lol

K

kwills75TSO

<blockquote><hr>

Although not out yet, Jumpgate Evolution looks to be a very promising update on a space trading/combat game online.

I've played the 'original' version of Jumpgate online which doesn't seem to be very active at the moment ... however you can play and practice offline.

If anyone is old enough to remember the classic 80's space game "Elite" ... it's very much like that but with more modern graphics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey AJ, Who were you in JG? I am an old time beta tester of JG and played it for a year or so after release lol.

G

Second Life.

Been with it briefly since 2005, and came back to it last year. I plan on putting more efforts into it and have met some great people there as well without the hassle Sims Online normally brings to even trying to talk to a person.

Expect this human's, or shall I say "fox's" signature to change.

G

Some of us were in Peace City before we came to Sims about 3 years ago. I have gone back many times, because of the awesome people there. It is not a game any more than Sims is... but a terrific place to build and create (and no extra fee for buidling.) There is no monetary system. Most of us are there because we love to build and let our imaginations see what they can come up with, and there because we love the people. Folks with agendas, dramas, and foul mouths don't last.
www.peacecityairport.com/browsers/peacecity980.exe

Tell them CAT sent ya.