• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] What do I target?

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
When training discordance by casting Despair, what do you target? yourself? or a creature with at least 90 bard difficulty or what?

Thanks.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Well, I figured out you can target self, but my armor is taking a hit. :(
Not sure if it works the same for bard masteries, but with the taming masteries I can gain without targeting anything. The skill check happens when you use the skill, not when you select a target. Could be different with bard masteries. You might want to try it to see if you get gains and maybe save your armor. At the very least you should remove your armor.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
LOL ok, well, I went naked and it seemed to work, but had to wear bracelet of health to stay alive, maybe because I'm an Elf.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't count the times I've mistakenly cast despair on myself rather than the mob and died...