[Archery] What changes to my template?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fighting irish

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 15, 2009
Hello all just brought my archer out of retirement and whilst he seems to cope pretty well even though he is no means complete or well equipped i wonder what need to be changed to make him more powerful in PvM against the harder beasties.

anatomy 109.3
archery 111.3
chivalry 71.4
healing 86
tactic 108.5
focus 100
meditation 100
I guess i need to drop focus and meditation but i looked at bushido and ninjitsu and they dont look that impressive. Or maybe im missing something.
Thanks for your help.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 28, 2009
Philadelphia/Chesapeake/Catskills
If you get honor off bushido makes a big difference in your damage output. It also gives another means of healing. Your suit is going to largely determine how effective an archer you are. That suit is going to be expensive as well. Its not a bad pve temp either. What shard are you playing on I might be able to give you some help on that or at least show you my setup on chesy.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
It depends on your style of playing.

More offensive is:
Bushido
Needn't high Chivalry
150 DEX and 190 Stam
SSI
Needn't FC/FCR

Super Slayer + Perfection + EoO for damage.
Healing for curing and healing.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
The good way to use potions is to have a balanced bow in inventory and to use "switch to the last weapon" macro.
Other way is to have "equip" macro for every weapon you use. It's more convenient when you have several super slayer bows (and one balanced to drink potions).

fighting irish

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 15, 2009
Thanks for you advise but to be honest im even more confused now. Is honor a bushido spell? and perfection whats that? im on europa shard btw. sorry to be a pain but i dont really understand what some of the new skills involve or do

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 28, 2009
Philadelphia/Chesapeake/Catskills
Sorry about that. Ok honor is a virtue that is activated by the virtue gump that comes from the top of your paper doll. When you click it it will say something to the effect of select the target you would like to honor. If you select your self, and you have enough honor, you embrace your virtue which will keep monsters from agroing you unless you first attack them. Now then you gain honor by selecting monsters and then killing them without help. If you honor a monster and have over 50 bushido you will actually enter into a state of perfection with every successive hit. This increases your damage per hit and is very useful for hitting the 300 cap. Bushido also has evade that allows you to dodge any attack in game followed by a cool down and confidence that allows you to heal by going into a defensive stance. Also there is momentum strike that will allow you to hit one enemy and then hit one next to that enemy as well if your surrounded.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
When you use Honor you get 10% (12.5% at 120 bushido) for each hit but loose 30% for each miss. The max bonus is 100%. When you get 100% bonus you get message that you have achieved perfection. This is why I named it "perfection".