• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're sorry, We screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Major Miner II

I would like to start off by apologizing to the community on behalf of myself, and the TGN team. We came in with the best intentions for Stratics. But were much too over-zealous. We didn't consult the current staff and acted on our own. We are in agreeance that OT was a problem and something had to be done about it. But the way we went about it was wrong.

We are now in the process of talking it over with the Stratics staff on the best thing to do right now for Stratics. And we will be giving periodic updates in the coming days / weeks of our progress.

Lastly, We apologize for the hastily taking down the OT forum with no prior warning. I hope that we can get off on the right foot from here on out.

I leave you with a video depicting our fail and the events that took place, With Steb as Carl

*YOUTUBE VIDEO DELETED*
Steb, let's take a moment and get real here.

You came into OT like a. . . what could I call you? How about God-Slayer?

Oh wait! That was the actual title you had given yourself.

You, not "we", began editing users posts for your own amusement. Not because they violated the RoC, but because you thought it was "funny".

Here's an example:

I basically told you it was a bad idea, and you responded with editing my post to. . .just be funny.

L

O

L

*ahem*

Anyway, I pushed your buttons by posting something close to your personal information, and then you corrected it and made it actual information.

Remember all of this? Think back for a moment and realize that, unlike most of the other people you've been spinning this with, I was there. Front and center baby!!!

So I pushed and pushed and pushed and you got more and more and more defensive, unsure what to do.

Did you see that "pm" option where you could have issued a warning? I would assume so.

Did you see that "ban" option where you could have banned me? I would assume you did.

Did you see that "delete post" option? I'm not sure how you could have missed it!

But it seems the only one that caught your attention, in a fit of pique, was the "delete forum" option. One you actually had to answer the tried and true question, "Are you sure?"

And you did.

For my part in it, I'm sorry I upset you so. I'm sorry I caused you to act in such a manner that really didn't affect me, but affected the entire business your boss just paid $100,000 for.

I'm sorry. Not "we". Me.

So see if you can now step up and own your part in this debacle. You. Not "we".

If you can't, then you owe George your resignation. He seems to be a good guy, and deserves better than an employee who can't fall on his sword when it's so well deserved.

Z

Zin

You, not "we", began editing users posts for your own amusement. Not because they violated the RoC, but because you thought it was "funny".

Here's an example:

I basically told you it was a bad idea, and you responded with editing my post to. . .just be funny.

Anyway, I pushed your buttons by posting something close to your personal information, and then you corrected it and made it actual information.

Remember all of this? Think back for a moment and realize that, unlike most of the other people you've been spinning this with, I was there. Front and center baby!!!
I too was there.

So I pushed and pushed and pushed and you got more and more and more defensive, unsure what to do.

Did you see that "pm" option where you could have issued a warning? I would assume so.

Did you see that "ban" option where you could have banned me? I would assume you did.

Did you see that "delete post" option? I'm not sure how you could have missed it!
Well... PM and warning should have happened in my opinion. I don't think it warranted a ban considering where the information was found. http://www.thegamenet.com/team

Doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist if you have someones real name, and the real name of the person they are dating. Facebook is evil.

So see if you can now step up and own your part in this debacle. You. Not "we".
Yeah... Well... I kind of see it that way as well... But frankly I'm not going to pretend I know who he talked to about it before, during, or after. But Steb was the only one that did so many things wrong in public. In my opinion at any rate. I understand this opinion isn't shared by all.

If you can't, then you owe George your resignation. He seems to be a good guy, and deserves better than an employee who can't fall on his sword when it's so well deserved.
Either that or just let the guy write. And leave the community managing to... I don't know... A community manager. I don't know the whole team of new management, but I'm not sure you guys actually have one of those. You really need one.

With that said... I offer the following advise to the new management take it as you will.

Never edit or delete another posters post. I don't care if you have the ability, or what your rank is. There is no point in doing so, and things to be gained for keeping it. Just move the offending post out of the public eye. It's the same thing as deleting it for practical purposes of the board. As ex-Stratics staff I know there used to be a Evidence Locker. It's only viewable to mods and admins. I'd even bet that it's still at the bottom of the forum somewhere. Just look for it.

This does two things:

1. It keeps mods and admins of the given forum all on the same page. You can't have one mod or admin giving out bans and warnings for something and other mods not doing so. "So and so moderator posted in that thread and didn't give me a warning or Ban!!!" Well... Maybe the other moderator wasn't sure it was warning worthy, not because he/she didn't think it was bannable... But because they never run across that before and was unsure. If you are unsure you sure as hell don't act on it. Having the Evidence Locker there to see and discuss past occurrences of the same likeness just makes sense.

2. It holds the person, both the poster in the wrong, and the person giving out the warning/ban accountable to other mods of the forum, admins, and their superiors. Here is the evidence. No mod should ever have to hide warnings/bans from other mods and Admins of the same forum. If you ever feel the need to delete or edit another persons post you are in the wrong. YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS. DON'T DO IT.

Stratics was helped built by the work of volunteer staff... Honestly it always comes back to the posters that make it work... But the staff has to be trusted by the community of posters to have a good working community of this size.

Mods and Admins can't be respected because of the title they hold. They have to be respected for the impartiality they give to any situation for the good of the community by enforcing the rules they have chosen to uphold. Universally across the board like other mods of the same forum. Frankly the title means squat if the community doesn't trust you. Editing and deleting posts is the fastest way to tell the community you don't give two squirts about them.

Honestly... My time here is limited as this is really the only subject here that is worth discussing for *me*. Without OT as it was Stratics just just doesn't really have anything for me anymore. However I firmly believe in the foundation in which this site was made and nurtured. It's not always perfect but it takes a fair amount of trust between community and staff. I believe in this enough that I feel I should say something... Stratics did give me an awful lot in the past.

Right now TGN, mainly Stebs, is taking the blunt for all that's happened. Which is good in my mind considering my opinion on how things went down. They should. He should. But it could have been Stratics as a whole that took the blunt of the damage as blame goes. Instead it was looked at as they were causalities as posters were trying to get at TGN, and... Well... Stebs. I think that says something for the Staff prior to the merger... And... Well... I guess all I can say is well done guys and gals. You deserve better than your getting.

In closing I would strongly suggest any TGN mods, or TGN community managing staff of any kind on the boards themselves, not take any action on the boards for a good three months unless it's absolutely unquestionable someone should be banned or have a post moved to the EL... Just go to that forums Staff forum and talk with that staff there about it. You simply can't afford to have this kind of problem happen again any time soon.

I apologize to all the older Stratics UO staff for having to read all of that... I know it's already second nature to you. But I don't have access to the staff forums anymore so you can't just skip it.... ;)

A

AdamD

Assuming there is a backup of said forum, a solution to this conflict could be to export the forum and it's posts and offer it to the offtopic community, that way, it can be imported into a forum of their own.

It's a fair amount of work, but given the popularity and history, it'd be worth the effort.

Z

Zin

Assuming there is a backup of said forum, a solution to this conflict could be to export the forum and it's posts and offer it to the offtopic community, that way, it can be imported into a forum of their own.

It's a fair amount of work, but given the popularity and history, it'd be worth the effort.
Not a bad suggestion... However it might be a little difficult in practice. I'm unsure. Would need the IT guy to know.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics is running VBulletin, OTNHB is running UBB. It'd be a major pain in the ass but it's doable.

D

Dani

Stratics is running VBulletin, OTNHB is running UBB. It'd be a major pain in the ass but it's doable.
Mith says that it "is very doable" and that he's willing to put the work into it for us.

D

Dani

Mith asked someone to let TPTB know that he'd be willing to do it, so I did. :p

P

PsychoBunny

Mith says that it "is very doable" and that he's willing to put the work into it for us.
He's an absolute freaking genius. Stratics was stupid, very very stupid to let him go...

F

Fayled Dhreams

UHall Off Topic
This is a forum for light hearted Off Topic post. For anything heated and volatile such as Politics, please go to the Stratics Off Topic Forums.

*ahem*

@Kimi
Sorry dear ... any "work created" was "created" by the owners
as in: caused by, brought into being ... with me so far?
cool
/end @kimi

a reveiw of basics

A) ignorance is NO defense ... agreed?

destroying evidence ... is not an approved practice re: netiquette (QFT was derived from, as defense against ... stealth edits )

From >childhood< we ALL learn: that one who destroys evidence once
will always try it again (because it is NEVER known how many other times >it worked<)

Stratics has a hacker defacing our pages with <iframe> squares. We are trying to solve the root problem (getting into the Stratics database), but it will take some time. If there is a back-door in Stratics, even shutting down all accounts with admin access wouldn't block the hacker.
*snicker*

>TGN< brought the "hacker" in ...
^^ is >as likely< as some rouge OTer spitting into the wind

"Sophisticated" ... is NOT what has transpired ...
after all ... Ya have >owners< replying to known alts ...
*ahem*
This is very frustrating for all of us, and I doubt it will go away until we discover all the security holes and plug them. We may even have to shut down Stratics for a time if we cannot find a solution this weekend.
When acquiring a "new" used car ... ask for the carfax ... (ignorance is NO defense)

hehehehe "may even have to shut down Stratics " ... orly?
as in (google iframes hack) standard procedure?
ie. should have done that day one(of "the hack")

oh! no! we's got's web "wizards" ... :lol:

Wizards what don't reset/reissue ALL critical passwords?
ie. take control <<< BEFORE "assuming command"? :lol:
(ie. should have done that day one PRIOR TO {to prevent} a hack )

The merger will bring over 1 million new gamers to Stratics from high-value TGN wikis like Evonypedia.com and the League of Legends Wiki (leagueoflegends-wiki.com), as well as 1080p HD YouTube game channels around popular games such as Age of Conan and StarCraft 2. A dedicated team of senior developers will join the existing Stratics team to build the next generation TGN Stratics.
Senior developers? *ahem*

no evidence of that yet ...
deleting a forum BEFORE doing a backup? Backup?
how >basic< is doing a backup?(if one is not destroying evidence, that is:lol:)

speaking of "basic"
http://www.thegamenet.com/thegamenet

anyone bother to "checkout" the new masters?

probably not
A) ignorance is NO defense ...

As always
I am YOUR: Fayled Dhreams
Fiat justitia
ruat caelum

M

Major Miner II

UHall Off Topic
This is a forum for light hearted Off Topic post. For anything heated and volatile such as Politics, please go to the Stratics Off Topic Forums.
Two line Fayled. Remember? You get two lines to make a point!

K

Kiminality

Damn, Fayled!
I remember your posts having more of an artistic flair to them...
That one just feels clumsy and disjointed...

E

Ellisande

Welcome to the posts we suffered through and then put on ignore on the deceased OT:NHB.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just met my crazy-ass neighbor today.

It's you, isn't it Fayled. Over 60, disheveled, rambles on about conspiracies...

F

Fayled Dhreams

Damn, Fayled!
I remember your posts having more of an artistic flair to them...
That one just feels clumsy and disjointed...
*ahem*
poor kimi ... must be out of practice

I led with a/the "light hearted" observation ...
too subtle I suppose

and no aran ... you couldn't afford my neighborhood/county
and ( having seen pic's of you and Fae) wouldn't "let you know" if you ever >happen< to walk by unawares
*wink*(but, keep on guessing ... since there are no pics of me ... *grin*)

*drops a note for any*

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=811594&postcount=6
On Opinions and Debating

Please remember, while users are allowed to provide their own opinions on a topic and debate the opinions from other users, users may not attack an opinion with trolls and personal attacks aimed at the user.

If a user believes a post to be in violation of this or our other Rules of Conduct, please use the Post Report Icon (Click the image to open in full size.) to notify us. Users should not reply to someone that is trolling or making personal attacks, for if they do and their post is also in violation, all parties will be hearing from a Moderator or Administrator.

Also, to put someone on ignore is perfectly acceptable. It is not however, acceptable to state in public that one is now ignoring them for that in itself is trolling for a "response" from them. Just ignore them and move on.

Thank you,
~Orvago

http://vboards.stratics.com/faq.php

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

*ahem*

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This apology, I'm not feeling it. This is what you get when you tell your six year old who is still angry and just hit someone else in the face to go say they are sorry. I'd think an "expert writer" could craft better.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I understood you just fine.
It was just that the execution felt... Lacklustre...
I think you've lost your mojo.
*shrugs*

probably the muzzle ... they are not known to improve clarity ... nor designed to do so ...

:gee:

F

Fayled Dhreams

As part of an on going re-vitalization effort, there will be some ads showing on the forums soon. As far as Stratics having computers laced with gold and diamond sititing chairs...We're not quite covering the hosting fees currently.

Of course we want them to be as unobtrusive as possible, while still offering us a revenue stream for maintaining the website - there is a fine balance, so we're putting our heads together and trying to find it.
As when i originally started a few months ago, all changes - will be good changes

We have some amazing plans for the site as George said, and everything will be done to enhance the community.

Sit tight - this is going to be an amazing ride.

:lol: how droll ... :danceb:

Drakken Payne

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As part of an on going re-vitalization effort, there will be some ads showing on the forums soon. As far as Stratics having computers laced with gold and diamond sititing chairs...We're not quite covering the hosting fees currently.

Of course we want them to be as unobtrusive as possible, while still offering us a revenue stream for maintaining the website - there is a fine balance, so we're putting our heads together and trying to find it.
As when i originally started a few months ago, all changes - will be good changes

We have some amazing plans for the site as George said, and everything will be done to enhance the community.

Sit tight - this is going to be an amazing ride.

:lol: how droll ... :danceb:
Wow...if they can't cover the hosting fees, maybe they shouldn't have shut down the second busiest board on the site...

Nah...that's just silly...

F

Fayled Dhreams

I know my "riddles" are usually too difficult to "solve" ... heh!( <<< and >why< ) *grins*

https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...google.com/&service=jotspot&passive=true&ul=1

http://www.thegamenet.com/system/app/pages/recentChanges

http://www.thegamenet.com/wikis/coming-soon

hint
check out some of the "professional linkage" like: Warhammer Online

*shrugs*
just saying ...
elle could have used an "income investment" machine ... (click through )
HDRG >could have< done the fiddly work (for a small fee)

shoot
could even have hosted a small disconnected (as in NOT directly related to Stratics name) OTnhb ...

o'well
time to set the clock for a repeat of "companions/seers"

*note* this is NOT a "new thang" :danceb:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Is Fayled Dhreams aka EnigmaMaitreya?

F

Fayled Dhreams

Is Fayled Dhreams aka EnigmaMaitreya?
nope ...
I am only Fayled Dhreams
and that comparison and "question in ignorance"
could >easily< be considered a personal attack ...

considering ... :danceb:

Did you have a question in there?
ie. relevant to some topic at hand?
ie. this thread ain't >about me<

need some help >defining< a topic to address?

currently it should be about the OP ...

just saying ...
this maybe OT ...
but is >still not polite< to derail a thread with questions of a >personal nature<

see the reposted "local rules" above ... (search for: debate or find post #119)

I am your: Fayled Dhreams
Fiat justitia
ruat caelum

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That sounds reasonable.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He reminds me very much of a poster on a non game board who goes by the name of 'A Man From Mars'. Unfortunately, none of the other posters speak Martian.

For example -
As that is by Default of Intelligent Design, a Virtual Tool of Omniscience allowing Foresight Planning with the Added Benefit of Hindsight Experience rather than any Omnipotent Blunt Trauma Weapon Administration, would it presently rule out the US Leading IT, although of course, the Wired post above .... amanfromMars | 04/21/10 | 3:21 pm | [just to eliminate any possible excuse for a continuation of ignorance to reign supreme in both puppet political and military circles] ..... does very transparently live betatest for the very Best of the Best Minds into Mutual Intelligence with CyberIntelAIgent Beings, who would be Global Operating Devices for Crashing Corrupted Command and Control of Money Systems, for that would appear to be a most Effective Invisible Remote Controlled from CyberSpace Tool and/or SurReal AIdDynamic Weapon with Advanced Analytical Algorithms and Asynchronous Security ProgramMING for Asymmetric Semantic Projects Enabled to Deliver Peace and Prosperity with Creative Constructions rather than Death and Destruction with War Machinery.
His Blog - http://amanfrommars.blogspot.com/

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just discovering what's happened to OT after being away for a while, and I sort of feel like a Haitian now. Who'll give me me spanking?

And where is Fayled when we finally need him? I don't think anybody but Wisty ever liked LC, but most of the posters were exceedingly good persons and I would like to use this oportunity to thank them.

Thank you for defecating on my head repeatedly, keeping me warm and cosy through many a long night and fencing off far more dangerous predators, who when they pulled me out broke my neck, everytime. This is a Nobody quote, note I could have said Voltaire and I'd have been right just because I'm French and cute, and a shy boy. Sarsmi I'll always keep a soft spot for, Aran too just because of the Link costume and how perfectly fitting and brilliant it was to post this picture, Trillian and DE, Tarantulus, DH, Zin, Rico, PB, Fanny, those were some nice holiday pics cuties. Ellissande and Matt, Studly, Drakken, Dani, Mag, Cyric, Kellog and Labrat, UD... I feel like I'm closing down a good book, characters were alive for a moment and it was a real piece of life, in the purest Comedie Humaine tradition. Thanks for all that ****ers.

Beware of the Vampire. Not meaning any dumb reference to those untasty teen movies mind you, I am an extremely well read and listened person, yes I am! Lee Perry productions are blasting through my speakers as I type, and I think Philip **** was right. Infinite wisdom to you all, I sucked on batteries until it ate my teeth away.

Long live OT, closing it was vile. I tried posting this in the other thread, but somehow it's not getting validated by mods and I have to do other things.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Heh! well done! :thumbsup:

That will be the world at large
re: giving you your spanking
:scholar: word!

If we don't hit them ... how will they learn?
learn your lesson's well

at least learn how to avoid the beatings ... neh?

Burma Shave :danceb:

Fiat justitia
ruat caelum

T

Tobyone

I'm just discovering what's happened to OT after being away for a while, and I sort of feel like a Haitian now. Who'll give me me spanking?

And where is Fayled when we finally need him? I don't think anybody but Wisty ever liked LC, but most of the posters were exceedingly good persons and I would like to use this oportunity to thank them.

Thank you for defecating on my head repeatedly, keeping me warm and cosy through many a long night and fencing off far more dangerous predators, who when they pulled me out broke my neck, everytime. This is a Nobody quote, note I could have said Voltaire and I'd have been right just because I'm French and cute, and a shy boy. Sarsmi I'll always keep a soft spot for, Aran too just because of the Link costume and how perfectly fitting and brilliant it was to post this picture, Trillian and DE, Tarantulus, DH, Zin, Rico, PB, Fanny, those were some nice holiday pics cuties. Ellissande and Matt, Studly, Drakken, Dani, Mag, Cyric, Kellog and Labrat, UD... I feel like I'm closing down a good book, characters were alive for a moment and it was a real piece of life, in the purest Comedie Humaine tradition. Thanks for all that ****ers.

Beware of the Vampire. Not meaning any dumb reference to those untasty teen movies mind you, I am an extremely well read and listened person, yes I am! Lee Perry productions are blasting through my speakers as I type, and I think Philip **** was right. Infinite wisdom to you all, I sucked on batteries until it ate my teeth away.

Long live OT, closing it was vile. I tried posting this in the other thread, but somehow it's not getting validated by mods and I have to do other things.

Hey, we just moved house now that that ********** STEB decided to take a **** in our old home..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tobyone, the silver lining to this very black cloud might well be seeing your name on a board that contains UO in the name. :)
Or have you forgotten the shy newbie babbler from when you frequented Europa board?

T

Tobyone

Tobyone, the silver lining to this very black cloud might well be seeing your name on a board that contains UO in the name. :)
Or have you forgotten the shy newbie babbler from when you frequented Europa board?
Nah I havent forgotten you from back in the days when i was a mod on the board and you lot were babbling along.. :p

F

Fayled Dhreams

(Stratics FAQ)
P. Player to player transactions selling in game virtual items for real life currency are prohibited from being promoted or advertised on our network.

*ahem*:gee:

http://tgnfile.com/thegamenet-executive-summary.pdf
We employ well-known professional gamers for every game we target, expert players respected by the community of fans (much like hiring Michael Jordan as a spokesperson). They help recruit new editors and content creators, and add their reputation (legitimacy) to our brand.
Roadmap

2010-06-01 Begin integrating TGN platforms and communities into Stratics
2010-07-01 Launch TGN Stratics combining the Stratics and TGN communities under one brand
2010-08-01 Reach August traffic and revenue goals

Business Model - Our business model is based on creating high traffic websites monetized by virtual currencies*4, game revenue shares and ads, all strongly targeted to our gamer demographic. We have over 20 ad contracts and are actively pursuing new partnerships with OPI (Oak Pacific Interactive), Google, WiStone and YouTube.

Users pay real money to purchase virtual currency used to buy virtual goods, like a better cow in FarmVille

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here you go. Take your pick.
We–plural pronoun, possessive our or ours, objective us.
nominative pl. of I.
(used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.
(used to denote people in general): the marvels of science that we take for granted.
(used to indicate a particular profession, nationality, political party, etc., that includes the speaker or writer): We in the Medical profession have moral responsibilities.
Also called the royal we. (used by a sovereign, or by other high officials and dignitaries, in place of I in formal speech): We do not wear this crown without humility.
Also called the editorial we. (used by editors, writers, etc., to avoid the too personal or specific I or to represent a collective viewpoint): As for this column, we will have nothing to do with shady politicians.
you (used familiarly, often with mild condescension or sarcasm, as in addressing a child, a patient, etc.): We know that's naughty, don't we? It's time we took our medicine.
(used in the predicate following a copulative verb): It is we who should thank you.
(used in apposition with a noun, esp. for emphasis): We Americans are a sturdy lot.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Stratics FAQ)
P. Player to player transactions selling in game virtual items for real life currency are prohibited from being promoted or advertised on our network.

*ahem*:gee:

http://tgnfile.com/thegamenet-executive-summary.pdf
We employ well-known professional gamers for every game we target, expert players respected by the community of fans (much like hiring Michael Jordan as a spokesperson). They help recruit new editors and content creators, and add their reputation (legitimacy) to our brand.
Roadmap

2010-06-01 Begin integrating TGN platforms and communities into Stratics
2010-07-01 Launch TGN Stratics combining the Stratics and TGN communities under one brand
2010-08-01 Reach August traffic and revenue goals

Business Model - Our business model is based on creating high traffic websites monetized by virtual currencies*4, game revenue shares and ads, all strongly targeted to our gamer demographic. We have over 20 ad contracts and are actively pursuing new partnerships with OPI (Oak Pacific Interactive), Google, WiStone and YouTube.

Users pay real money to purchase virtual currency used to buy virtual goods, like a better cow in FarmVille
Ironic, yet unsurprising.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Ironic, yet unsurprising.
:lol: See the "Recent Activity" column ...
A spam bot ...(interesting thing)
"buying" uo accounts
"selling" wow gold
"try it" darkfall accounts ...

:lol:

not much of a "pop" from pulling in How Many (million + ... ??) "new family" members into the "ancient/revered stratics"

Just saying ... :danceb:

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nominative pl. of I.
(used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.
(used to denote people in general): the marvels of science that we take for granted.
(used to indicate a particular profession, nationality, political party, etc., that includes the speaker or writer): We in the Medical profession have moral responsibilities.
Also called the royal we. (used by a sovereign, or by other high officials and dignitaries, in place of I in formal speech): We do not wear this crown without humility.
Also called the editorial we. (used by editors, writers, etc., to avoid the too personal or specific I or to represent a collective viewpoint): As for this column, we will have nothing to do with shady politicians.
you (used familiarly, often with mild condescension or sarcasm, as in addressing a child, a patient, etc.): We know that's naughty, don't we? It's time we took our medicine.
(used in the predicate following a copulative verb): It is we who should thank you.
(used in apposition with a noun, esp. for emphasis): We Americans are a sturdy lot.
are you dereks alt?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nominative pl. of I.
are you dereks alt?
Just helping out as you appeared confused by the simple word "we."

F

Fayled Dhreams

We are now in the process of talking it over with the Stratics staff on the best thing to do right now for Stratics. And we will be giving periodic updates in the coming days / weeks of our progress.

Lastly, We apologize for the hastily taking down the OT forum with no prior warning. I hope that we can get off on the right foot from here on out.
*ahem*
*looks at calendar and threads*:blushing: /fail

F

Fayled Dhreams

Now you're just stirring
I disagree ...

There is no wood
There is no fire
no cauldron
nor stew

and classically notes:

There is no spoon ...

Stirring? nay ...

"Scoring" is the word. Who said what ... and was(in the end) right.

Stratics is no more than a corporate machine now.
No more a "fan created" site (Den Dragon) ... nor a "friend preserved" memorial (Xena)

'Tis chattel
bought and sold
and ill managed at that.

Burma Shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.