• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cax Clad

I hope devs will be posting more /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

P

POIUYT_LS

Okay,

I'm here. That was a long walk to, and don't even mention the parking.

Hey Helios, take off your hat. I can't see anything with that big feather sticking up like that.

G

'lo Helios /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*grabs a mod to make some coffee* /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
*gets kicked by mod for mingling in his affairs....*

G

I used to frequent the stratics boards years ago but soon learned of something better: UOpowergamers.com. Then the UO boards opened and they were decent. I hope stratics can at least maintain the level of decency(?) that the MyUO boards have/had.

G

Well, I just posted my last post on uo.com so I guess I best say hi on this board.
Hopefully the end of the uo.com boards will not mean the death of developer - player communication on the boards in the same way as occured when EverQuest nerfed there official boards.
So I hope to see many more 'red' posts (is it still red posts or do we have another name for them here? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif) and a continuation of the open developer - player communication that is of the things that I like about the UO community.
Well, tis time to take a look around our new home.
Keep well all *waves*

G

Welcome to U.Hall! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
I hope you will enjoy the stay!

G

HEY? where did he get a lawn chair?

<font color=red> * You notice Crazy Joe stealing a Lawn Chair from you! *

I

Illithreal

I just want to say that I think this is a great idea. I think you all will have a lot more time to post and respond to players if you're not busy moderating the boards.

For myself, it'll be a lot easier to find things...I used to get so confused trying to remember if an old post was on UO.com or here. Now I just have one place to look. My only regret is the loss of the old "archived" posts on uo.com...there was a lot of valuable info out there that I used to often go back and find. Don't suppose there's any chance of sending some of that stuff over here?

Well, welcome to you and all the OSI staff. Can't wait to see how this works!

-Elenni of Sonoma/Illithreal

K

Kethinov

This merger has got to be the coolest thing to happen to UO in a long time.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Hey!

Bring yer own coffee, Teich!

Either that, or be here in the morning, for Cynewulf's brews. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*rummages in the closet for another lawn chair to watch the action from*

Akasha1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time posting here. Just wanted to say hi and look forward to lots more /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

Moonglum

Erm.. Everyones breaking out the lawn chairs, is that our AoS gift?

L

Lady Divinitae

heloooo everyone /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Former UOBoards "boardie" here /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Although feeling a little displaced and yeah a lil "tossed out" *grins*, I'm sure we will all adapt!

Its always good to feel like a newbie again every once in a while!

Kind of like how most of us felt with AOS rollout *smiles*

heres to some good laughs, heated debates, and new friends /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

A

Amythest Rose

Well here is my second post... I am hopeing that maybe I can find here part of what I lost there.

Oh yeah and ummm Hi

H

Helios_OSI

I just wanted to welcome all of the boards.uo.com folks to the stratics boards.

I'm Looking forward to interacting with everyone here! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*breaks out the folding lawn chair*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hope devs will be posting more /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>
Never can tell! ;}

A

Arconis_Darkfyre

greetings Arconis Darkfyre of catskills here formally Arconis on UO boards. Pleasure to meet everyone /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif really hope the server problems subside though....

G

that lawn chair is one of the l33t dungeon doom rares, Helios being the ultra k3wl dewd he is, knew just what series of dark fathers to treat to an ale(and deadly poison), after which he knew which cracks in the floor to avoid and which ones to put spackle on to be able to cross, after that was done, he knew which levers to fix with the golden sprocket and was rewarded with the ultra cool artifact level 12 lawn chair. Hope this answers any lingering questions about that one. =)

And this is my Hail, Im new, Im old, Im from the ex-MyUO boards, introduction to the Stratics Forum.

B

Basil

damn the mods and admins see a red shield and come out in droves.. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

*Looks for the spell check*

Nope this is still stratics

A

AristleCaine

Just Felt like making a post before i go back to my usual Lurking

Z

Zircon Jenva

Welcome, Welcome!!

Glad to see you here /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

Maggni

Hi there, well, I am already feeling less than welcome here since one of your moderators seems to have so much love for us. The one with the greatful dead bear as his logo? He's a peach thanks. Hopefully this will lead to a long and beautiful relationship. But...I kinda doubt it so far.

G

Grom_Lighthammer

Welcome everyone! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

"If dieing is an art, than I am Picaso!"

B

BaldEagle

Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll go and let some others know about it.

Take care,
BaldEagle

P

Peaches

Good to see you Helios, hope to see more of the red names posting here and thanks for the *welcome*.

N

NapaLady

Good to see you here Peaches. I went by Kaedee on the UO.com Boards.
I kinda feel like a fish out of water over here.

Now, you just need to get those cute kitty cats back on your posts /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A

arturo1

Ok I'm here!!!!!!

I'll try my best to spread laughter and a sense of humor to Stratics to the best of my ability. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

P

Peaches

Ahh, looks like my friend that is hosting has something wrong with it, all I see is a red x. ;(

G

If you see a red x there, then its a hosting problme. If you see the image, then you got a problem with the way you entered it...so lets find out what it is...

D

Dor of Sonoma

Hey now...I've been here for years. :)

and years and years...

A

arturo1

Forgot to say hi to everyone. Well hi to people I don't know, and what's up to my fellow soon-to-be former UO.com boardies. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

SilkyBlue

Hmmm. I've posted on Stratics a lot longer than I have on MyUO Boards, though I've played UO from almost the beginning.

Something I've never felt on either the MyUO or the Stratics forums was welcomed. Seems if you spent hours of time and made thousands of posts, whether they were worthwhile or not, you were one of the "in-crowd" and welcome to sit around the circle.

Always thought that was rather dumb, since so many boards have their own registrations and you may have made many more posts than people with a little title under their name. My EZ Board account has one of those. I cringe when I see it.

At any rate, thanks for the welcome to MyUO people and though I am not new, I'll take it as applying to me, too, if that's okay?

C

Cynthe

<blockquote><hr>

My only regret is the loss of the old "archived" posts on uo.com...there was a lot of valuable info out there that I used to often go back and find. Don't suppose there's any chance of sending some of that stuff over here?

<hr></blockquote>
Well, our databases are way too big to merge, but I'm up for discussion on particular things you want re-posted here. Send me an email at [email protected] and let me know what you're referring to specifically. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

W

Walker of LS

*smiles* It's been a turbulent day...

I think our community will need a little rebuilding and so maybe I'll come out of my shell a little more now to help with that. Tomorrow tho. Right now I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies and I'll bring some by for you all in the morning. I really am glad to see many of the people who I've been reading for months on uo.com.

Cheers, Walker of LS

K

Kyrie Elaison

Phew I made it. Why is my font so HUGE? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/evileye.gif

oops, I guess it's only when we are typing it. This is weird! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smash.gif

K

Kyrie Elaison

Ok this is really strange. Come to stratics and all of a sudden CrazyJoe isn't acting so crazy.

I'm so confused! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/cyc.gif

*gets another pint of <font color=green>Murphy's Irish Stout</font color=green>* /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

Of course it applies to you. :)

I trust you weren't referring to UHall...the folks here have a tradition of welcoming newcomers. I think most of us remember what it's like to begin posting in a new environment, and try to keep that from being a painful experience for the next visitor.

I cannot speak for the other fora, but here you should feel comfortable. If you are not, for some reason, let us know. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Very glad to have you Divinitae*smiles* in fact thanks to many of you for giving us a try. Let me know if I may ever be of help to anyone, I'll be here. I know it's rough making a transition but we hope you find it in the end to be a enjoyable experience.

M

MisterRogers

<blockquote><hr>

Well, our databases are way too big to merge, but I'm up for discussion on particular things you want re-posted here. Send me an email at [email protected] and let me know what you're referring to specifically.

-Cynthe
Community Manager
Ultima Online
ORIGIN Systems

<hr></blockquote>

Cynthe, why not just let the MyUO.com-boards like they are, but just as readonly? So everybody would have the old data, too - w/out merging 'em here.

MisterRogers
1st GM Bowyer on LA

H

Hans-GL

Sad day for OSI /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

First they screw up the AOS release and now you cancel the boards way to go!!!!!

One more strike and you are out!

P

Punx Not Dead

I am basketcase.... now I'm not.... need a sig too....
Hello to all!

D

Dave Crocket

lets hope Stratics can handle the load .. it has been know to be a Lag infested forum

A

Alyssa_Dragoon

Cant say i am feeling home here - yet.
Speed is really a big issue on these boards for me :/
Anyway - i hope this will improve - as UO itself.
I could afford - but there just ISNT any viable broadband ISP in my area...

Status
Not open for further replies.