• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weekly Poll: If one thing could be added (perfectly) to UO, what would it be...

Orangebeard

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might as well make this a nice weekly poll for everyone /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

This weeks Poll:

Previous Poll results
19th May
Server Upgrade
Yeah, it's MORE laggy <font color=red>16</font color=red>
Yeah, it's LESS laggy <font color=FFD700>132</font color=FFD700>
Nah, it's the same <font color=red>43 </font color=red>

<center>Vote the thread locking and perma-banning OB and moulie posse

"And I finally found a band of evil roleplayers too." - Ancient Elder Myrath</center>

P

Pauleas

Oooh first 'poll-ee'.
Do I get a prize?

New craftables by the way, I think they'd have the widest benefit to the playerbase.

<center><font color=red>Nerf Mages, Tamers, Bards, Warriors, Crafters, PKers, RPers, Dewds, Monsters, Connections and anything else I forgot.</font color=red></center>
<center><font color=blue>Then we can all be happy?</font color=blue></center>

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with Pauleas on this one.........about time somethin was done for the craftsmen

<center><font color=blue>Barian</font color=blue>

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif<font color=red> BarianTech™ Enterprises Inc /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif
</center>

Orangebeard

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and does anyone have any problem with a weekly poll (posted every Saturday by a mod) ?

"And I finally found a band of evil roleplayers too." - Ancient Elder Myrath</center>

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only concern is the number of sticky threads we seem to have at the moment
But I think the poll is a good idea

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif<font color=red> BarianTech™ Enterprises Inc /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/roll.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif
</center>

T

Thodin

hehe
*smiles*
Time to use my experience (in the 'den) for a prediction (from worst to first):

Revised stats - few people would see any use for these
Quest generator - not much appeal, strangely
Revised 8th circle spells - often mis-interpreted as a beg
Name Change Deeds - only this high because of it's rapid rise to the hall of fame
Necromancy - disillusionment
Uses for 'useless' skills - defeated by complaints that they're not
New craftables - merchants love this
Themed spawn areas and improved spawn - although this tends not to do well on the 'den, the latest themed spawns here seem to be popular
More housing space (again) - we probably have a lot of homeless lurkers.

*decides to become offical bookie for OB's polls....*

~ Moderator of the <a target="_blank" href=http://uodr.stratics.com/>UOSS ideas den</a>
You know where the link is (*smiles*), use it and GET VOTING!

Orangebeard

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, point taken I ideally would only like to see a maximum of 3/4 sticky posts and will have a chat with the other mods about it later /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

imported_Blade Swinger

Two of those I'd love to see added. New craftables and Changing the spawn.

<font color=red>The spawning system</font color=red> : I think the new and supposdly dynamic spawn doesnt work. Theres too much at some points yet little or nothing at other I'd think a balance is needed. I'd also like to see more spawn areas make Brittania a little more dangerous plus spread Europa's increasing population out amongst monster areas. All the top areas are always crowded.

<font color=blue>New Craftables</font color=blue> : I'd love to see new items crafted perhaps (as someone mentioned on the Tailor forum) new skills introuduced like Masonary and what not. Would be fantastic to see and would mean a wider variety of craftables, and house add ons availible. I think new craft skills being introduced would open up a variety of new things.

S

sburton84

Well I said new craftables, :)

<center>~~~
Sburton84 - 100% Anti-Trammel Grumbling Vet Extrordinaire

Dilbert Tries Out The Actions In The New UO:3D Client</center>

R

Reckless_Europa

a new combat/pvp system

Reckless - Mage
Stillness - Fencer [Sun](Chaos)
Ryche - ??
Karak - Dungeon Crawler

I

imported_Blade Swinger

I forgot to mention what I said..../php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I choose New Spawn system, but I would choose 2 if I could /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

R

Reckless_Europa

grrr, it wont let me vote!!!!

<blockquote><hr>

We already have a vote for this poll from this IP address.

<hr></blockquote>

Reckless - Mage
Ryche - ??
Karak - Dungeon Crawler

T

Thodin

hehe
*smiles*
Ah, yes you do!
hehehehehehhehehheheeh!!!!!!!!
(sorry, more of a 'you don't want to know who you share it with!', and no, I can't tell you... well... how much are you willing to pay? hehe *smiles a lot*)

~ Moderator of the <a target="_blank" href=http://uodr.stratics.com/>UOSS ideas den</a>

I

imported_Blade Swinger

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif I just noticed who he is sharing with..../php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

R

Reckless_Europa

I think i know who i share with /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

Kas and OB if i remember correctly /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

Reckless - Mage
Ryche - ??
Karak - Dungeon Crawler

Orangebeard

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*is puzzled*

</center>

R

Reckless_Europa

GEROIF MY IP!!!!

MODS BAN HIM!!!

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

Reckless - Mage
Ryche - ??
Karak - Dungeon Crawler

Orangebeard

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barian.... Me, Kas and Reckless all have the same IP... Confused? Excellent... And no we are not the same person...

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understood that bit.........what I don't get is how, and if I knew that I prolly would want to know why

</center>

T

Thodin

*smiles*
people can easily share IPs if on networks, or if their ISP is tight on the money front - they only buy a few, then everyone shares. It's a neat feature of IP/TCP.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pretends to understand*

</center>

G

aye, from what i can make out all the cable modem users in my street share the same IP as far as the outside world is concerned /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<center>
</center>
<center>Nilrem, Head of Barstaff at the Angry Mongbat Tavern, west of Wrong, Trammel.</center>

S

Smolf

*nukes those ips*
:p

The lost boardie and lichcamper
<font color=red>S</font color=red><font color=blue>m</font color=blue><font color=red>o</font color=red><font color=white>l</font color=white><font color=blue>f</font color=blue>
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/takethat.gifOSI

R

retepsam

I want something to make all the famous leavers to return (and many of the newbie twerps to leave)

The Txips Family! Back with a bang(er)

And Txips with everything!!

The co-ordinates of the NEW Green Gargoyle are NOW 56 36 N 24 19 W

Walk directly downscreen from the YEW moongate.

S

Smolf

*nods*

that would be the best one.

OSI would most likely allso like to get the old players back.
getting rid of the l33t n00bZ would be hard though.

<font color=red>S</font color=red><font color=blue>m</font color=blue><font color=red>o</font color=red><font color=white>l</font color=white><font color=blue>f</font color=blue>

X

XxBANExX

I voted for a New Quest Generator. Would have to be very advanced to be worthwhile though.

<font color=purple> I feel not pain
I know not of fear
I live to destroy
... Death is just the beginning ...
</font color=purple>

*formerly known as BaneOfEuropa*

G

Actually you missed "Volunteer Support" as THE perfect addition to UO.
Now that would be cool, eh?
Can you imagine players who devote their time to help players...
They could have names like "Counselor" or something like that.
And there could also be players who do quests for us :p
Those should be called "Seers" or "Elders".
I think there is even the graphics for those ingame already.
OSI just needs to add this :D

(note: I am aware of the fact that the volunteers got sacked a few weeks ago)

Lord Meister Propper
GM of ERC /php-bin/shared/images/icons/arcade.gif
Europa Rangers Council
Grandmaster Tamer
<a target="_blank" href=http://uo-erc.de> Europa Rangers Council Website</a>
<a target="_blank" href=http://pub28.ezboard.com/feuroparangerscouncilfrm1>ERC Message Board</a>

R

Reckless_Europa

Carpet Tiles!!!!!

Reckless - Mage
Ryche - ??
Karak - Dungeon Crawler

A

AndyTheCrazy

Definitly craftable items. I think the tailor should be able to do more. No idea what!!!

<font color=green>Andy The Crazy</font color=green>

UO Elder /php-bin/shared/images/icons/magic.gif who will return to conquer the lands of Felluca and rox j()()! June 16th!/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biglaugh2.gif

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bags & pouches for a start, thats been needed for ages
Carpets?.......Tapestries?

A new type of (tougher) leather?

</center>

I

imported_TobyOne

a Combined LEATHER/IRON armour, only craftable by GM Tailors/Smiths?

May the Forge be With You,
TobyOne (BB!, <font color=green>GM Armour Pusher!</font color=green>)
(Co-Owner of <font color=red>Lord Ulysses and Friends</font color=red>)
(Supporting member of <font color=blue>United Blacksmiths of Britain</font color=blue>)

S

sburton84

Looks like carpets have gone the way of necromancy and name-change deeds.

<center>~~~
Sburton84 - 100% Anti-Trammel Grumbling Vet Extrordinaire

Dilbert Tries Out The Actions In The New UO:3D Client</center>

A

AndyTheCrazy

Name change deeds............hummm

Andy The Crazy---------&gt; The masterfull Evil (and Good on some days) Lord(Lady on weekends) Andy The Crazy of Cove and Vesper

<font color=green>Andy The Crazy</font color=green>

UO Elder /php-bin/shared/images/icons/magic.gif who will return to conquer the lands of Felluca and rox j()()! June 16th!/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biglaugh2.gif

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name change deed's, my holy grail.

Yours,
Kas Valentine/Cool UK.

<center>
</center><center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif<font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=Slacker>Adventures Of Fortune And Glory</a></font color=red> /php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif</center>

S

Smolf

I can't really see the point in name change deeds.

I would have gotten used to Smolf.

even if i had spelled it Smofl i would have gotten used to it.
Kas why would you change your name?

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles warmly* Well Smolf, I used to get a lot of stick from roleplayers about the name Cool UK, which eventually led me to create a 'Kas Valentine' character once I knew name change deed's weren't coming. I've uses for both characters now, but even if those deed's came I'd still change Cool UK to Kas Valentine, because it'd save me training up the exisiting Kas Valentine. S'gonna take forever! Took me the two years I've been playing to get Cool UK to his current level. Gah! *giggles*

Yours,
Kas Valentine.

<center>
</center><center>/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif<font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=Slacker>Adventures Of Fortune And Glory</a></font color=red> /php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/uriel.gif</center>

S

Suldrun

Non Consent pvp in Trammel!

Duel me.....it will make you feel better!
Suldun /php-bin/shared/images/icons/queen.gif Aidris /php-bin/shared/images/icons/evild.gif Alyx /php-bin/shared/images/icons/scary.gif

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already in.............../php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

</center>

B

Baphomet

How about killing two birds with one stone? Combine the new craftables with new uses for "useless skills" For example. . a lot of people have been crying out for the hitching post house add-on that would let them stable their pets at home. So if these new add-ons could be contructed by someone with GM Carpentry and, for example, about 50 Herding. . *shrug* Just a thought /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<center>

</center>

D

dazzle

necromancy definitely with stats a close second to bring back tanks in force.
Necromancy would add to every part of the game, if done perfectly which you said in the poll :D

NERF LUMBERJACKERS NOW!

S

SteveTOV

i want the old north minoc spawn back
That was a great place to train up for new characters, hence a good place to find guild members

nows is fecking reapers

Oh and I'd like the sodding alliance option in guild matters

Cynical? Meeee? I trust you have proof /php-bin/shared/images/icons/evileye.gif
Part of the Unofficial Nisma Fan Club
Famous Last Words from Steve : 96
"Oooh a green air elemental...."
<a target="_blank" href=http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/guilds.pl?g=7da7928c66ecaacc:24>Sweetie's United!!!!</a>

A

Aloysius

I just asked for the revised magery, 'cause Necromancy isn't even worth hoping for. I don't even see why people still bother talking about. Been years, now. Maybe it's time to believe in other things than, like, Father Christmas.

<font color=purple>Whatever current reason for bitterness plus a drop of boredom will turn me into a reckless hate machine.
Now you stand on the way... Want to see what it does when your add your own stupidity in the mix?</font color=purple>

M

Mr. RA RA RA

apart from the quest generator, they're all just stupid ideas and there are far more important things for OSI to work on, eg repopulation of fel and improved thief detective interactions are the most overdue ones really

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/shocked.gif Er um, its not my hand /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I'd really like is a big new area to explore using the 2d client.....

S

SteveTOV

you say that, but we'd have had a lot more people in and around Valoria if that old spawn was still there. There was always people there training up on the orc spawns, the brigand spawns, then legging it when they saw an orc mage :). would have given the guards something to do as well :)

Cynical? Meeee? I trust you have proof /php-bin/shared/images/icons/evileye.gif
Part of the Unofficial Nisma Fan Club
Famous Last Words from Steve : 96
"Oooh a green air elemental...."
<a target="_blank" href=http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/guilds.pl?g=7da7928c66ecaacc:24>Sweetie's United!!!!</a>

BeeJ

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted for a better use of useless skills. I would love to see more diversity in templates, maybe we could even drop this "template" idea completely.

Celvar Mardaleth, Europa
Just remember that where ever you go
...there you are.

G

Funny how many of the things people asked for here have actually made it in!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Funny how many of the things people asked for here have actually made it in!

[/ QUOTE ]

You bumped a 5 year old thread to the top of the forums just to point that out?! Kudos to you!! hehe

It is true though, looking at some of these ideas... maybe the devs do listen.... or is it just coincidence?