• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We gonna fix ROT on SP?

A

Alrich

For a casual player (such as myself) working skills under the RoT system was a piece of cake. Compare working taming under the GGS system versus working it under RoT. There is no comparision.

That's the thing, ROT, yes it IS a piece of cake. Make one circlet, clean up house, water plants, do laundry, what have you for 15 minutes, come back, make another circlet.

Then repeat that for 10 days *yawn* and meanwhile, all your other skills are sitting at 70, lol.

Takes 6 months to make a fully set up character if you take skills to 120. Should take like, 4-6 weeks imo.

Trust me, rot I like in the fact that it slows progress enough to be able to enjoy the low-mid range levels of play, but geez comeon, its freakin booooring.

If you are working only 1 skill and say, going from 100-102.1 (a rot 1 day cap) thats 21x15 = 315 minutes you have to sit there with an egg timer and either log on once per 15 mins or keep occupied for over 5 hours. Not everyone can sit around their computer for 5 hours and be able to be on every 15 minutes.

IMO reduce wait time between gains to 10 minutes for 99+ skills, and either raise the cap just a bit, or give each skill you are working its own daily gain cap.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the thing, ROT, yes it IS a piece of cake. Make one circlet, clean up house, water plants, do laundry, what have you for 15 minutes, come back, make another circlet.

Then repeat that for 10 days *yawn* and meanwhile, all your other skills are sitting at 70, lol.

Takes 6 months to make a fully set up character if you take skills to 120. Should take like, 4-6 weeks imo.

Trust me, rot I like in the fact that it slows progress enough to be able to enjoy the low-mid range levels of play, but geez comeon, its freakin booooring.

If you are working only 1 skill and say, going from 100-102.1 (a rot 1 day cap) thats 21x15 = 315 minutes you have to sit there with an egg timer and either log on once per 15 mins or keep occupied for over 5 hours. Not everyone can sit around their computer for 5 hours and be able to be on every 15 minutes.

IMO reduce wait time between gains to 10 minutes for 99+ skills, and either raise the cap just a bit, or give each skill you are working its own daily gain cap.
Double the gains-half the time...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I love Team Siege.

Keep Siege weird.