• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We gonna fix ROT on SP?

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, it was posted on here that ROT changes will be in the next patch, unless they want all uo to know they are a buncha liars. I'd hope they keep thier word:/

M

Masumatek

Devs, as I've said in order threads, just please make sure you do it right. I know Siege is pressuring you for a change, any change, but I disagree on "any change." If you are not going to make a major ROT change, if you are not going to both greatly increase the skill gain cap per day and greatly decrease the timers, then I suggest pondering the change some more instead of rushing it in in the next patch. A small change will do us no good. We need a BIG change to get the BIG population boost. Please remember that devs. Thank you.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pffft, you role play a Star Trek character in a game that has nothing to do with Star trek. Why would they listen to you?...la

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs, as I've said in order threads, just please make sure you do it right. I know Siege is pressuring you for a change, any change, but I disagree on "any change." If you are not going to make a major ROT change, if you are not going to both greatly increase the skill gain cap per day and greatly decrease the timers, then I suggest pondering the change some more instead of rushing it in in the next patch. A small change will do us no good. We need a BIG change to get the BIG population boost. Please remember that devs. Thank you.
Double the gains half the time...more people come to SP...baby steps masu,baby steps...

M

Masumatek

Double the gains half the time...more people come to SP...baby steps masu,baby steps...
Doubling the gains might seem a decent change since after all it's "double," but if you look at the numbers, it's really not enough. The timer should be reduced to a universal 1-2 minutes.

And the problem I have with baby steps is I think whatever change they decide on we will be stuck with, at least for a very long time and possibly forever. I don't see the devs spending time making a change and then a few months later say "yah, maybe you were right and it needed to be changed more, here's another change." No, we're stuck with the change they give us and we need to make sure it's done right.

M

Masumatek

Pffft, you role play a Star Trek character in a game that has nothing to do with Star trek. Why would they listen to you?...la
Everything has to do with Star Trek, even if you don't realize it...

Also, I've never played any Ultima games besides UO, but I hear there's much in UO that has nothing to do with Ultima.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the gains need to be at very least trippled per day (2.1 a day is to small). and rot should start at 80 or so not 70. timer at 5 min till gm then around 10 to 15min till 120...

this is an easy fix plz devs, lets get this going befor our new set of newbs leave sp yet again crying about rot...

also no one is being greedy here, people come here to PvP. not to sit around for 6 months trying to get a char made. this is an advance shard. i would even say let people transfer here now (naked). we need new blood. im sick of killing masu over and over! (joke):p

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Krystal said.

I spent 3 or 4 months building Siege characters, and they are just getting to a place where I can go out and get owned by the well equipt Siege vets. Siege is a relative ghost town, but the risk makes it a lot more fun than the regular shards. Oh wait, there is not much risk, when you can go all day and not see a single soul. People do come to Siege to PvP, not to build chars for months on end!!!!!!!!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the gains need to be at very least trippled per day (2.1 a day is to small). and rot should start at 80 or so not 70. timer at 5 min till gm then around 10 to 15min till 120...

this is an easy fix plz devs, lets get this going befor our new set of newbs leave sp yet again crying about rot...

also no one is being greedy here, people come here to PvP. not to sit around for 6 months trying to get a char made. this is an advance shard. i would even say let people transfer here now (naked). we need new blood. im sick of killing masu over and over! (joke):p

What she said..other than the killing Masu part

M

mathias

ya i hope they get the ball rollin on this. either fix rot or increase the loot on the tumbleweeds that seem to be blowin thru a lot more lately.

interesting question.... how many trammies have multiple accounts?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Krystal said.

I spent 3 or 4 months building Siege characters, and they are just getting to a place where I can go out and get owned by the well equipt Siege vets. Siege is a relative ghost town, but the risk makes it a lot more fun than the regular shards. Oh wait, there is not much risk, when you can go all day and not see a single soul. People do come to Siege to PvP, not to build chars for months on end!!!!!!!!
Maybe if you actually knew where the players were, you could find them...duh...la

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trust me scoundrel, i search all uo for farmers and if im lucky find around 3 :sad3:

BTW FIX ROT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Alrich

Well last time rot was mentioned by a dev they said they had it in mind, and were going to bring it to the plate after the next publish... though that more then likely means, "after this so called epic event (which noone has a clue what the purpose is STILL, 2 months later) is over" hmph

That aside, yeah, rot needs fixing. The idea was nice in concept, like 8 years ago when siege was first introduced, before powerscrolls and before people had castles full of equipment as backup and 20 soulstone accounts who can be a crafter one day and farming swoop the next. *shrug* now, rot only serves as the giant wide chasm of difference between people who have been here years, and those who want to start fresh on SP.

Also, the whole point of SP that people seem to bring up to come to siege is for the pvp. We really need all sorts of people, crafters, RPers, thieves, pkers, pk-kers, and those who go around farming all day and run away at the sight of someone with a red name :stretcher:

Ahh dunno, just my thoughts on it.

*goes back to mining and warily keeping an eye out for random reds in the area*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well last time rot was mentioned by a dev they said they had it in mind, and were going to bring it to the plate after the next publish... though that more then likely means, "after this so called epic event (which noone has a clue what the purpose is STILL, 2 months later) is over" hmph

That aside, yeah, rot needs fixing. The idea was nice in concept, like 8 years ago when siege was first introduced, before powerscrolls and before people had castles full of equipment as backup and 20 soulstone accounts who can be a crafter one day and farming swoop the next. *shrug* now, rot only serves as the giant wide chasm of difference between people who have been here years, and those who want to start fresh on SP.

Also, the whole point of SP that people seem to bring up to come to siege is for the pvp. We really need all sorts of people, crafters, RPers, thieves, pkers, pk-kers, and those who go around farming all day and run away at the sight of someone with a red name :stretcher:

Ahh dunno, just my thoughts on it.

*goes back to mining and warily keeping an eye out for random reds in the area*
*nods* That is an excellent point. There is much more to Siege than the PvP.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, the whole point of SP that people seem to bring up to come to siege is for the pvp. We really need all sorts of people, crafters, RPers, thieves, pkers, pk-kers, and those who go around farming all day and run away at the sight of someone with a red name
--------

i totally agree with this, which is why im pushing for a ROT fix. the ROT system is old and needs to be redone soon...:grouphug:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, the whole point of SP that people seem to bring up to come to siege is for the pvp. We really need all sorts of people, crafters, RPers, thieves, pkers, pk-kers, and those who go around farming all day and run away at the sight of someone with a red name
--------

i totally agree with this, which is why im pushing for a ROT fix. the ROT system is old and needs to be redone soon...:grouphug:
Ugggg, thieves are PvPers...la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Ugggg, thieves are PvPers...la
Indeed they are. That appeal has always been obvious for Siege. We also have a lot of room for PwP. Plays with Players. Crafters, Player merchants, Role players of all sorts.

It is a wild place, all sorts play there. Just like any other shard. Their will be griefers, cool folk, benefactors, and the malevolent.

If you ever wanted to play a shard where anyone could make a difference, Siege is it. We will likely be one of the lowest populated shards until the lights go out. Some are good with that. I am. I want to know my enemies and my friends.

I have only played on Siege for five years. I missed the beginning. Exciting times, from what I hear and read. I have had some awesome times in Siege, don't get me wrong. There is no other UO for me.

We are stagnating. That is just my opinion and does nessacerly reflect those of Siege as a whole or those of my mates and enemies. The players are getting fewer. Accounts get sold to each other further diluting the population.

When I first I came to Siege, even five years ago, I joined NEW guild. It is one of the longest lasting guilds on Siege. At that time their was a myriad of guilds. There was death, and treasure, and you never knew who was around the next turn.

I have helped build player run towns, seen towns built, admired towns that have stood for years. I have seen many of them fall. *sighs*

New technology has crept in over the years. The fast computers, voice chat, game peripherals, lots of things. Ping springs to mind.

Dwindling population and more power though tech and just flat out knowing how to play this led to an odd situation. Not so long ago, Siege was ruled by three gangs. This took a while as the more vocal major players gravitated Then together, creating and dissolving alliances. One upping one another.

Swapping factions, raiding players from other guilds, field alliances with a sworn enemy, all of these things I have seen. Except for a few very brave folk and small guilds, you just did not see many out there, but for the "Big Three" (my words).

That has been breaking up a bit. I do not offer an explanation for that. That is another issue.

One other thing about Siege, before I get to the damn point. *chuckles*

These are our worst days. In my five year opinion, others may say differently. Yet even as "down" as we are, I see players caring. I see attempts to create new guilds. (We need more good guys by the way).

Siege is still playing. Just as every other shard is. We have every thing every other shard has. Except for the rule set. Siege and Mu gen I suppose are the only alternative rule sets EA has.

Now to my point. We need a renaissance. A new beginning. A place folks would want to play. The old school RoT prohibits this to a certain extent. Playing Siege should definitely be a different experience.

From one extreme to another, consider us. We represent. *nods*

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed they are. That appeal has always been obvious for Siege. We also have a lot of room for PwP. Plays with Players. Crafters, Player merchants, Role players of all sorts.

It is a wild place, all sorts play there. Just like any other shard. Their will be griefers, cool folk, benefactors, and the malevolent.

If you ever wanted to play a shard where anyone could make a difference, Siege is it. We will likely be one of the lowest populated shards until the lights go out. Some are good with that. I am. I want to know my enemies and my friends.

I have only played on Siege for five years. I missed the beginning. Exciting times, from what I hear and read. I have had some awesome times in Siege, don't get me wrong. There is no other UO for me.

We are stagnating. That is just my opinion and does nessacerly reflect those of Siege as a whole or those of my mates and enemies. The players are getting fewer. Accounts get sold to each other further diluting the population.

When I first I came to Siege, even five years ago, I joined NEW guild. It is one of the longest lasting guilds on Siege. At that time their was a myriad of guilds. There was death, and treasure, and you never knew who was around the next turn.

I have helped build player run towns, seen towns built, admired towns that have stood for years. I have seen many of them fall. *sighs*

New technology has crept in over the years. The fast computers, voice chat, game peripherals, lots of things. Ping springs to mind.

Dwindling population and more power though tech and just flat out knowing how to play this led to an odd situation. Not so long ago, Siege was ruled by three gangs. This took a while as the more vocal major players gravitated Then together, creating and dissolving alliances. One upping one another.

Swapping factions, raiding players from other guilds, field alliances with a sworn enemy, all of these things I have seen. Except for a few very brave folk and small guilds, you just did not see many out there, but for the "Big Three" (my words).

That has been breaking up a bit. I do not offer an explanation for that. That is another issue.

One other thing about Siege, before I get to the damn point. *chuckles*

These are our worst days. In my five year opinion, others may say differently. Yet even as "down" as we are, I see players caring. I see attempts to create new guilds. (We need more good guys by the way).

Siege is still playing. Just as every other shard is. We have every thing every other shard has. Except for the rule set. Siege and Mu gen I suppose are the only alternative rule sets EA has.

Now to my point. We need a renaissance. A new beginning. A place folks would want to play. The old school RoT prohibits this to a certain extent. Playing Siege should definitely be a different experience.

From one extreme to another, consider us. We represent. *nods*
Wise words...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Maybe not so wise. *sighs* Too long, a thread killer.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I like this one, Krys. I typed a lot and it has 4 stars!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Did you vote? Everyone should. Does this thread get the message across? Not only for the Devs, the rest of you folks that do not play Siege. Vote early, vote often. (trite, I know) *nods*

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe not so wise. *sighs* Too long, a thread killer.
It wasn't a thread killer. I usually skip over posts that long no matter who writes it, but I read every word of yours. Wise words.

I agree that we need changes to RoT.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you vote? Everyone should. Does this thread get the message across? Not only for the Devs, the rest of you folks that do not play Siege. Vote early, vote often. (trite, I know) *nods*
And where was SP for the rest of the community as backup on our plea for giving tamers & non-tamers more stable slots..... Putting it down every time if I remember right.. Esp one "La" person :next:
And yes I play SP, have been there for almost 8 yrs now

W

Willow30

Wow Krystal is really bringing out her softer side, first with the kittens and now hearts. Your not getting soft on us are you??? :smooch

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rot should start at 80 or so not 70.

Don't do that. RoT has it's advantages when it comes to working certain skills. Crafting skills and Taming come to mind.

I still don't understand what the big problem with RoT is. Sure the daily limits could use an increase, but it only seems like people who want to powergame a char to 6x120 in a week are put off by it.

For a casual player (such as myself) working skills under the RoT system was a piece of cake. Compare working taming under the GGS system versus working it under RoT. There is no comparision.

Too many impatient "I want it now" people in this world *shrugs*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I understand how you feel. I have been working under the RoT for 5 years. I would absolutely hate to lose it. There is just a long stretch there from 98 to 120 that is a bear. *ducks* I know Masumatek is throwing things at me!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And where was SP for the rest of the community as backup on our plea for giving tamers & non-tamers more stable slots..... Putting it down every time if I remember right.. Esp one "La" person :next:
And yes I play SP, have been there for almost 8 yrs now
I do believe I joined in on that cause, as well as some other siegers. :) I would love to see more stable slots for everyone! Maybe it was some of the "less vocal" players that showed support and thus why you don't remember us. But I digress.... back to the topic.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't do that. RoT has it's advantages when it comes to working certain skills. Crafting skills and Taming come to mind.

I still don't understand what the big problem with RoT is. Sure the daily limits could use an increase, but it only seems like people who want to powergame a char to 6x120 in a week are put off by it.

For a casual player (such as myself) working skills under the RoT system was a piece of cake. Compare working taming under the GGS system versus working it under RoT. There is no comparision.

Too many impatient "I want it now" people in this world *shrugs*
Many of us want to keep RoT. We just want it tweaked. I agree, as a crafter, RoT is great. But for a PvPer that wants to get out there and compete, I understand why it is frustrating. Most of us are asking for a reduction in the timer and an increase in daily gains. We do not want it replaced with GGS.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Krystal is really bringing out her softer side, first with the kittens and now hearts. Your not getting soft on us are you??? :smooch

well i figured if i talked sweet that I'd get a response by now :fight: :cursing: