• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was I Just Lucky?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had been laying low for a couple months & only logging on a couple times a week to pvp.

Anyways, when I came back full-tilt just recently I dusted off some high-end items I had lying around and sold them so that I could buy some bulk runics to satisfy my never-ending crafting urge. I did at least a dozen heartwood fletch kits and another dozen or so val/ver hammers with no repercussions.

I just found out about the bannings and am wondering if maybe i was just extremely lucky??

Is it now a very bad idea to hunt down and buy bulk high-end runics off Luna vendors?

K

Kratos Aurion

I do not know how EA is handling duped items. They were suppose to be only targeting the exploiters themselves but a lot of innocent players also got the shaft.

As for your purchase. Why would you even consider buying bulk val hammers/HW fletchers kits?

I don't know if that endangers your account but it seems like you would have taken precaution to seeing so many val hammers/HW fletch kits in the open market.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya but you have to understand that I had been buying up high-end runics forever before i took a short break. The bannings are something I just started hearing about in the past couple days.

Of course I have always figured that most of the bulk runics found on vendors in Luna were suspicious but as I know for a fact that I myself have never cheated or duped I just continued to purchase them.

I certainly am no saint but ill be damned if im gonna pass up on what is a true runic because of dupers.

If there is such a problem with duping that EA wants to ban people just for buying a possibly duped item then why the hell doesnt EA just delete all said items and cancel all runic quests so that there can be no question?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course I have always figured that most of the bulk runics found on vendors in Luna were suspicious but as I know for a fact that I myself have never cheated or duped I just continued to purchase them.

So you knew there was something fishy but bought them anyway? I hope they do hit ya with the ban stick.

Its like buying stolen goods, the only thing you are doing is encouraging the thieves to steal more. Way to go..

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhh, I guess I shouldnt have assumed all repliers would have the intelligence to read the entire post and understand what I said :(

How is any buyer supposed to know exactly which are the duped ones and which are the few real ones?

So to use your uneducated line of thought nobody should ever have bought even one high-end runic because it was most likely duped? Not one legit one ever came out of Heartwood?

Bah

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhh, I guess I shouldnt have assumed all repliers would have the intelligence to read the entire post and understand what I said :(

How is any buyer supposed to know exactly which are the duped ones and which are the few real ones?

So to use your uneducated line of thought nobody should ever have bought even one high-end runic because it was most likely duped? Not one legit one ever came out of Heartwood?

Bah
Just burn em and you should be fine.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know how EA is handling duped items. They were suppose to be only targeting the exploiters themselves but a lot of innocent players also got the shaft.
As for your purchase. Why would you even consider buying bulk val hammers/HW fletchers kits?

I don't know if that endangers your account but it seems like you would have taken precaution to seeing so many val hammers/HW fletch kits in the open market.
Innocent? According to whom?

Who said they were supposed target just the dupers?

Is there a golden rule that only first hand cheaters can be banned?

What Happend to Player Responsibility?

:coco:

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bah
I did at least a dozen heartwood fletch kits and another dozen or so val/ver hammers with no repercussions.
You know dam well at BEST there should be 1 or 3 val hammer per year per shard , obtained through bods. Don't even try to act all smug and cover your butt. As usual your first line of defense is to insult.

You said you knew they were suspicious, but you bought them anyway. Sorry ...too late. You knew what you were doing was wrong and you were buying tainted goods.

So Ill answer your question...

Not one legit one ever came out of Heartwood?
yep....Im sure one did...

and another dozen or so val/ver hammers with no repercussions.
...but a dozen or so. No. You should take the time to read your own posts.

M

Mordocuo

I had been laying low for a couple months & only logging on a couple times a week to pvp.

Anyways, when I came back full-tilt just recently I dusted off some high-end items I had lying around and sold them so that I could buy some bulk runics to satisfy my never-ending crafting urge. I did at least a dozen heartwood fletch kits and another dozen or so val/ver hammers with no repercussions.

I just found out about the bannings and am wondering if maybe i was just extremely lucky??

Is it now a very bad idea to hunt down and buy bulk high-end runics off Luna vendors?

One can only hope they are not done with the bannings and go looking for you and your dozen or so dupped items.

But I am sure you will come back with an insult towards me and claim that you could not be certain you were buying exploits, because after all you didn't do the exploiting you were just taking advantage of what was already done.

Do us all a favor and quit UO for good.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally believe that Barbed Runic kits and Val runic hammers is EAs version of a gold sink.

T

Thrand Graywolf

You know dam well at BEST there should be 1 or 3 val hammer per year per shard
That in itself is the real problem.

If the game had fewer irritating repetitious stuff there would be fewer scripters and dupers because there would be less point to it. The best way to fight scripting is to just let honest players have a real chance at this stuff.

B

Beldon

I doubt if you even came up on EA/Mythic's radar screen.

U

UOKaiser

You know dam well at BEST there should be 1 or 3 val hammer per year per shard , obtained through bods.
Actually I just want to correct this part again. It used to be 1-3 val a year until the recent changes to the bod system this year now its possible to have 12 or more val per person per year. Still dont touch any val hammers right now or buy val hammer bods or verite hammer bods.Its youre own risk you take.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think probably yes, you were lucky. The most current sentiment (felt by EA) is that players need to act responsibly and not purchase or use suspect items. I think they are trying to encourage a more responsible community this way. I'm divided on this approach but that's another topic for another thread.

BTW I haven't done idocs (what used to comprise most of my game time next to deco/customizing) since january except for a week or so when I came back to do them. It's totally possible I could have grabbed a bag of something and thrown it in a chest and then gotten banned. So I consider myself a little lucky too.

B

bokke

No point in touching these items. They might as well remove them from the game.

Berym

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bah
I suggest you read a lot of the threads on here about bannings. You knowingly bought goods of a highly dubious nature, in bulk. If you do get banned you only got what you deserved.

That many Val/Ver hammers, not the mention the kits? How are they not duped?

Berym

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If the game had fewer irritating repetitious stuff there would be fewer scripters and dupers because there would be less point to it. The best way to fight scripting is to just let honest players have a real chance at this stuff.
That doesn't make it right, though.

"Oh if it was easier to make money in real life there would be less theft and robbery"

Of course, but it doesn't make theft right or moral.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I mean, sure I figured that all those stereo systems in the back of that guy's van might be hot, but I've never stolen anything so I just continued to purchase them."

S

Shanna

You all shout "player responisbility" but there's no way of knowing what is duped and what isn't.

Because the EA staff can't get their act together and get rid of these items, players who shop instead of bod, get labeled as idiots?
We should be pissed at those who duped the items rather than those who are being duped.

We should have "player sympathy."

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were very lucky. I doubt you appreciate how close you got to getting banned.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That is completely false. Exploiters exploit to make money not because things are repetitious. They go after anything and everything that can get them money. This means anything that holds value in the game.

So unless your solution is to make every character start with every possible item in the game, the exploiters will keep targeting whatever makes them the $'s. For example, honest players do have a very real shot at doom artifacts, yet artifacts are duped often. And quite frankly having everything being easy to get is over-rated and a recipe to boredom in an item-based game like Ultima Online.

M

monnie101

ROFL! The OP was like, "wowa duuuude, 10 Val hammers for the price of 4 what a good deal! These aren't stolen are they?" the man in a black hooded trench-coat with his beetle trunk open replies, "noway man of course not. I've just had a hard time selling them and you seem like such a nice guy that I'd like to give you the greatest deal in UO history" suddenly 6 more Val Hammers accidentally fall to the ground from his coat "oh err those are my friends, yeah, I'll throw those in for the price of one if you keep yer mouth shut"
:bowdown:
I thought Luna houses sold everything for the biggest rippoff price. All the sudden now people are saying they see bags of bulk val hammers for cheap there?:coco:

Berym

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all shout "player responisbility" but there's no way of knowing what is duped and what isn't.

Because the EA staff can't get their act together and get rid of these items, players who shop instead of bod, get labeled as idiots?
We should be pissed at those who duped the items rather than those who are being duped.

We should have "player sympathy."
Oh come on now. Seriously? Sympathy for this guy? He even admits they were highly suspicious when he bought them, not even going over the sheer volume he was dealing in there.

D

Desolation87

I think they are banning by shard. The first to be hit was Europa and Drachenfels. I think....

K

Karsalyn

For real sympathy, this person should not have started out with laying low. He knew he was doing wrong and hoping not to get caught.

Y

Yalp

That is completely false. Exploiters exploit to make money not because things are repetitious. They go after anything and everything that can get them money. This means anything that holds value in the game.

So unless your solution is to make every character start with every possible item in the game, the exploiters will keep targeting whatever makes them the $'s. For example, honest players do have a very real shot at doom artifacts, yet artifacts are duped often. And quite frankly having everything being easy to get is over-rated and a recipe to boredom in an item-based game like Ultima Online.
Maybe what sticks for me is.

1) the arbitrary nature of the recent bannings. the dupers were not wiped out, they never left my shard. Hammers never left the vendors pre-ban/post-ban... although.... who knows for certain what those items are? We've had first hand accounts of peeps who were banned who had NO runics. Still no official word from EA as to what the items were.

2) the arbitrary nature of the recent bannings.. *important enough to repeat* If the new action for EA is to ban players in possession of duped items, then why not ban for every duped item in game? Doom arties? Gold checks? Runics? Rares? Event items? Why not ban for having ONE item?

3) the arbitrary nature of the recent bannings.. * I did say it was important* communication from EA really stinks to high heaven. If I know items xxxx are being duped.. then you better believe I will make damn sure that if I have any of those items I got them myself or with a trusted friend. I will make damn sure I don't put out any items I haven't gotten myself on my vendors. And I will not become part of an economy that moves duped items through the game, benefiting a select few that don't give a crap about the game.

It's easy to throw stones at people for purchasing suspected dupes. It's always harder to work to solve the problem.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

R

RavenWinterHawk

I hear ya but you have to understand that I had been buying up high-end runics forever before i took a short break. The bannings are something I just started hearing about in the past couple days.

I certainly am no saint but ill be damned if im gonna pass up on what is a true runic because of dupers.

If there is such a problem with duping that EA wants to ban people just for buying a possibly duped item then why the hell doesnt EA just delete all said items and cancel all runic quests so that there can be no question?
Well maybe your account wasnt active during the dupe period.

S

Satanatra

You know what would happen if they increased the chance of getting a val hammer to a point where casual players were likely to get one?

Well.. The scripters wouldnt suddenly quit. You would have an honest player getting one per month and scripters getting one every 10mins.

Scriptors and dupers hurt the honest player because the honest player is nver capable of selling the item he received for its true value.

Just go and sell a Val hamer now for 50m.... see how fast someone buys it.

Berym

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe what sticks for me is.

1) the arbitrary nature of the recent bannings. the dupers were not wiped out, they never left my shard. Hammers never left the vendors pre-ban/post-ban... although.... who knows for certain what those items are? We've had first hand accounts of peeps who were banned who had NO runics. Still no official word from EA as to what the items were.

2) the arbitrary nature of the recent bannings.. *important enough to repeat* If the new action for EA is to ban players in possession of duped items, then why not ban for every duped item in game? Doom arties? Gold checks? Runics? Rares? Event items? Why not ban for having ONE item?

3) the arbitrary nature of the recent bannings.. * I did say it was important* communication from EA really stinks to high heaven. If I know items xxxx are being duped.. then you better believe I will make damn sure that if I have any of those items I got them myself or with a trusted friend. I will make damn sure I don't put out any items I haven't gotten myself on my vendors. And I will not become part of an economy that moves duped items through the game, benefiting a select few that don't give a crap about the game.

It's easy to throw stones at people for purchasing suspected dupes. It's always harder to work to solve the problem.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM
What do you want me to do, personally?

I don't argue that EA could go about things better here - communication wise, primarily - but I have been around long enough to find the following phrase very true:

Methinks [he/she/they] doth protest too much.

In this particular case, the guy wasn't banned, but from what he's told us alone, he should have been.

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you knew there was something fishy but bought them anyway? I hope they do hit ya with the ban stick.

Its like buying stolen goods, the only thing you are doing is encouraging the thieves to steal more. Way to go..
The only heartwood kit I ever owned, I stole.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you was inactive when the dupe happened, so the runics were clean from that point of vue.

H

Harb

Goldberg, welcome back. I was snooping around Luna prior to the Melissa event, and noted the kits for sale. In terms of playtime, until late both the wife and I kept our accounts active, I read the boards, but in terms of gameplay save "moving" a couple characters, one other character modification, and an every other day log in for GGS gains on another, we really had about a year or more worth of "no play" time due to that ugly thing known as reality.

The hammers I think were around 14 mil on Chessie, fletching kits 15 mil, and I sincerely didn't think either was especially "cheap" based on results from the kits on TC1. We have come/ gone so often in terms of play time I thought they were from one of the events we had missed, but read about where reward hammers were part of the event itself. Duping never crossed my mind, and honestly, had we had the gold laying around I would have bought some of them.

Are you lucky, I have no idea. I do know, with absolute certainty, that EA takes banning accounts/ consequent loss of short term revenue very seriously - we've all seen things over the years where bannings should have occurred and didn't. Once the legal dept at EA began getting more involved with the game, the dev folks have tightened up significantly on information. I'm still not fully accepting that players who purchased items were ever banned, though I'm equally sure errors are made occassionally. Either way, personally, I wouldn't panic or for that matter, really be concerned. If they didn't pull them off the vendors (I'll look later tonight) or remove them from condemned houses, there shouldn't be an issue. And yes, I can confirm, you were a big time crafter, some of your stuff is still in our stockpiles!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you were lucky, depending how long you had each item before you burned it might have something to do with it ... buy one burn it... buy one burn it ... not sure... Maybe they have not hit your shard yet, and you WILL be banned... hard to tell but I would lie low if you wanna keep your account... just my opinion. Seems they are being a bit heavy (thus warrented) on the ban button's latley... would probably be the safest thing to do.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!!

There are certainly alot of righteous people posting in this thread.
Good for you guys. You are 100% informed & positive when it comes to duped items so I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your total knowledge & unbiased points of view!

I wish I had the time to address all the righteous but I dont so I will limit this to one point.
To all the flamers that compare buying off Luna vendors to buying from the trunk of a car I would like to point out that when LEGIT runics first came out of Heartwood I was buying them for approx 5 million per(heart saws & fletch kits)on many different shards as they were of course hard to come by.
So please stop with the ridiculous nonsense that Luna buyers should know better when high-end runics seem low-priced(10-20 million each lately)

After reading alot of the silly replies I am now convinced that I didnt get marked because I did nothing out of the ordinary. I purchased items off vendors. Am I vet/smart enough to realize that these items are among OTHER items that have been possibly duped? Of course. But since I as the buyer have no possible way of knowing what is and isnt duped there is no fault.

Lets not forget here that EA is responsible for the entire Luna vendor system in the first place. They created it so how can they target people for simply using it? A Luna vendor is in no way a car trunk or back alley. Period!

Please take "player responsibility" and can it. If there is punishment for lack of "player responsibilty" why would we all be agreeing to TOS?
Unfortunately TOS supercedes "player responsibility" in this case.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

YOu know what gets me about this? Say you go to the cops and say "People are stealing things out of cars and houses in this neighborhood, nonstop every day and selling them" and the cops say "We cannot acknowledge that you have told us this, we cannot discuss if we are investigating, we cannot comment on this issue" and then a couple weeks later you say "Hey, officers, they are selling stolen goods at this shop, there is no way they could have thousands of legal used TV's, especially when so many have been stolen!" and the cops say "We cannot acknowledge that you have told us this, we cannot say if we are/are not investigating, we cannot confirm we are aware of the issue, we cannot confirm the items are stolen, we will not tell you anything, but we might or might not arrest you for knowing that or buying the stuff, we cant tell you that".

Weeks go by and this stuff is still there. You begin to think, "well, the cops dont care, they are not doing anything, I may as well buy that TV because apparently it is no longer illegal to sell and buy stolen things, and hey, maybe they really are legit".

Then a few more weeks later the cops show up and say "We cannot tell you what you posess that is illegal, we cannot tell you what we investigated, nor who was actually doing the illegal things, nor where they were selling illegal items. We will not confirm what ANY of the illegal items were, but somewhere in your home there is something illegal and you knew it even if you didnt know it. We are not going to let you have a lawyer or defend yourself and we will not even confirm to the community that we have arrested you, but you are now going to be hung."

Nice, eh?

And to top it off, a week after you are hung, the same people are selling the same TV's one block down, laughing that you got hung.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!!

Hi Goldy.

I shoulda warned you about these people. They cant seem to relate that some people just like to play the game when we can.

Why should it be our responsibility to determine or even verify if an item is legit. It is EA/Mythics or the GM's responsability.

Yes they can say we are part of the problem, but I agree with you. If I see an item and I can afford it, I'm going to buy it.

Funny how the "have not's" always side with honor.

I don't belive for a second that anyone in this forum wouldnt buy a Val hammer for 20 mill if they had it to spend.

Also the peeps in this forum think that every person who plays UO comes to this website, yet EA never once attmepted to communicate to the entire population by putting a message of the day in the login screen warning about the duping and not to buy items off of vendors.

Good to hear from ya.
Drag

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you know a single one of them even... was innocent?

because they told you so?

hah

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've burned about 50 or so barbed kits during the bannign spree another 20 or so days prior.

A few val hammers here and there during the time frame. My understanding is that you realllllllly needed to be swimming in the stuff for a ban. Some folks go unlucky buying gear that was duped. Others likely had hundreds of barbed kits and val runics and are just peeved they can't move that inventory.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
YOu know what gets me about this? Say you go to the cops and say "People are stealing things out of cars and houses in this neighborhood, nonstop every day and selling them" and the cops say "We cannot acknowledge that you have told us this, we cannot discuss if we are investigating, we cannot comment on this issue" and then a couple weeks later you say "Hey, officers, they are selling stolen goods at this shop, there is no way they could have thousands of legal used TV's, especially when so many have been stolen!" and the cops say "We cannot acknowledge that you have told us this, we cannot say if we are/are not investigating, we cannot confirm we are aware of the issue, we cannot confirm the items are stolen, we will not tell you anything, but we might or might not arrest you for knowing that or buying the stuff, we cant tell you that".

Weeks go by and this stuff is still there. You begin to think, "well, the cops dont care, they are not doing anything, I may as well buy that TV because apparently it is no longer illegal to sell and buy stolen things, and hey, maybe they really are legit".

Then a few more weeks later the cops show up and say "We cannot tell you what you posess that is illegal, we cannot tell you what we investigated, nor who was actually doing the illegal things, nor where they were selling illegal items. We will not confirm what ANY of the illegal items were, but somewhere in your home there is something illegal and you knew it even if you didnt know it. We are not going to let you have a lawyer or defend yourself and we will not even confirm to the community that we have arrested you, but you are now going to be hung."

Nice, eh?

And to top it off, a week after you are hung, the same people are selling the same TV's one block down, laughing that you got hung.
:D

Heh, that was so funny and so right on target. :danceb:

Y

Yalp

That is the point.. some peeps think it's runics, some peeps got banned who had none... this piggie ate porage, that piggie had none! Ok.. sorry.

The outcry coming from level headed peeps in the game and on these forums.. is that.. EA has taken action against the players based on information they hold us responsible for while withholding that information.

Anyone who can't see that is blind dumb and deft of compassion.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

R

RoycroftLS

Nice, eh?
You forgot the part where you explicitly agreed to let the police have those powers before you even moved into the community. And also the part where you could freely leave the community at any time if you decided that the police more resembled a gestapo.

C

concernedplayer

EA has absolutely no idea who is a duper and who isn't. They absolutely can't tell a duped item from a legit item. Last week the angry mob of players that are pissed off about dupes showed up at their door ready to burn the place down, and as a result EA took 5 minutes out of their busy schedules to gun down anyone who had too many of anything, to appease the masses.

Good way to tell if you're going to get banned for having something is to read stratics. If there are 20 ongoing threads about how the exact item you have is duped and everyone is angry about it, then you have a 5% chance of being banned. If there's only 2 or 3 threads then don't worry about it, EA won't be doing a thing anytime soon.

M

Mordocuo

Wow!!

Good for you guys. You are 100% informed & positive when it comes to duped items so I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your total knowledge & unbiased points of view!

I wish I had the time to address all the righteous but I dont so I will limit this to one point.
To all the flamers that compare buying off Luna vendors to buying from the trunk of a car I would like to point out that when LEGIT runics first came out of Heartwood I was buying them for approx 5 million per(heart saws & fletch kits)on many different shards as they were of course hard to come by.
So please stop with the ridiculous nonsense that Luna buyers should know better when high-end runics seem low-priced(10-20 million each lately)

After reading alot of the silly replies I am now convinced that I didnt get marked because I did nothing out of the ordinary. I purchased items off vendors. Am I vet/smart enough to realize that these items are among OTHER items that have been possibly duped? Of course. But since I as the buyer have no possible way of knowing what is and isnt duped there is no fault.

Lets not forget here that EA is responsible for the entire Luna vendor system in the first place. They created it so how can they target people for simply using it? A Luna vendor is in no way a car trunk or back alley. Period!

Please take "player responsibility" and can it. If there is punishment for lack of "player responsibilty" why would we all be agreeing to TOS?
Unfortunately TOS supercedes "player responsibility" in this case.
Oh BooHooo your such a good guy. You purchase items you know are exploited as evidenced by your post count and UHALL experience. Then you claim you were just taking advantage of the market. You did nothing wrong, your a good guy, your a saint, its EA's fault for allowing the bug, yada yada yada. How convieniently you rationalize your actions. The people that call you to task here on UHALL are all jerks. You are a great guy as evidenced by your past posts and actions.

You are a real UO special person, and when I say special I mean SPECIAL.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody got banned for just buying one or two duped items in Luna. They got banned for duping, buying LOTS of duped items, or talking about the dupe bug in game.

As for the 'trunk of a car' analogy, it certainly does apply when someone basically admits they knew the items were questionable (who has 10 val hammers or 50 barbed kits for sale at one time legitimately? come on, please!) but bought them anyways. It's a perfect analogy too. *Wink wink* *Nod nod* I won't ask too many questions as long as I can get this stuff cheap and in quantity!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh BooHooo your such a good guy. You purchase items you know are exploited as evidenced by your post count and UHALL experience. Then you claim you were just taking advantage of the market. You did nothing wrong, your a good guy, your a saint, its EA's fault for allowing the bug, yada yada yada. How convieniently you rationalize your actions. The people that call you to task here on UHALL are all jerks. You are a great guy as evidenced by your past posts and actions.

You are a real UO special person, and when I say special I mean SPECIAL.
I have absolutely never tried to claim that I am an especially good person or saint bud.

You obviously have some kind of personal issue with me as evidenced by your replies in my thread. I have no idea who you are & dont really care :)

If you had taken the time to read my OP you would have realized all I was trying to do is find out if i was lucky and whether or not I should continue to buy/burn runics.

Peace

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA has absolutely no idea who is a duper and who isn't. They absolutely can't tell a duped item from a legit item. Last week the angry mob of players that are pissed off about dupes showed up at their door ready to burn the place down, and as a result EA took 5 minutes out of their busy schedules to gun down anyone who had too many of anything, to appease the masses.
Don't pass assumptions as facts.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot the part where you explicitly agreed to let the police have those powers before you even moved into the community. And also the part where you could freely leave the community at any time if you decided that the police more resembled a gestapo.
The problem is, as someone else pointed out, what we agreed to was the possibility of being banned for duping, exploiting, or KNOWINGLY posessing dupes. With Mythic not telling us what to be careful of, no, we cannot say FOR CERTAIN than anything is or is not a dupe. Not like it has a tag. Unless you personnally dupe it or the seller tells you "hey, I duped this" you DONT know. Sure, you can SUSPECT, but what good is that?

Side note ... I did Smithy BODs for a while. I looked up a bunch of stuff and from talk I knew that high end hammers were alot of work to get. But I NEVER knew that the rate was supposed to be 1-3 per YEAR per SHARD. That is really preposterous, especially since barbed kits can be gotten so freaking easy. I still did not know it when I gave up, after watching my husband get BKit after Bkit and I still hadnt even managed a measly GOLD hammer. Yeah ... that is real rewarding. God, no wonder people wanted to dupe them.

L

Lord Kynd

You know dam well at BEST there should be 1 or 3 val hammer per year per shard , obtained through bods. Don't even try to act all smug and cover your butt. As usual your first line of defense is to insult.

You said you knew they were suspicious, but you bought them anyway. Sorry ...too late. You knew what you were doing was wrong and you were buying tainted goods.

So Ill answer your question...

yep....Im sure one did...

...but a dozen or so. No. You should take the time to read your own posts.

and how is someone who doesn't do bod's , who doesn't read stratic's suppose to know about some stupid dupe ?
you people assume alot of crap.

and i agree 1-3 per shard per year , that type of stuff needs changed.

when i go out shopping i search for the best deals, even if i have to bounce from vendor to vendor.. so your saying that we should always pay top $$ for a item and that will ensure it is not a dupe? whatever .

call me a walmart shopper i guess, i want the best deal i can get. i'm stingy when it comes to spending my gold.

i suppose non of you ever buy from garage sales or flea markets in real life?? are you sure your not buying stolen goods from them ?