[Magery] wands??

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

miniciti

Can anyone explain to me what wands are good for?
They have charges like for Greater Heal and Harm. Can anyone use those spells when it is equipped? Can you recharge them? Do the spells go off randomly like on a bladed weapon with like a 23% fireball? What spells are possible to find on them? Are there any that are particularly sought after?

Thanks for your insight!

C

Chaosy

You can find them in chests. They're really only good for when you need to cast the spell and not get interrupted (anyone can use them). Greater heals are by far the most useful since you can potentially keep a heal up while withering in grinders. You can't recharge them, and you just use the wand in order to cast the spell.

Other than what you mentioned, they also come with heal, fireball, lightning, and magic arrow. The greater heals are the only sought after ones, in my experience.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 10, 2004
IMHO the most useful attribute of these relics are the large mage weapon - figures that are ideal for training. I believe they go up to -29 (Don't hold me to that, off the top oh my head), but when it comes to Magery training they are very very useful indeed and i certainly wouldn't train magery on a character without one.

Have a read of this article it covers pretty much all you need to know.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/guides/magicwands.shtml

P

Pah-uh-zahn

Question:

Do wands adjust according to the player using them? In other words, will a newb still be able to do the same amount of damage that a GM or legendary mage will do with a Fireball wand?

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 10, 2004
The power of the wands spell is affected by the wielders Evaluate Intelligence skill. Players with no or low Evaluate Intelligence skill will find that the wands power is greatly reduced.

As far as i am aware the wielders Magery skill has no affect on the damage output :gun: