• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) VvV Artifact Instatement Poll

What should be done?

• Total voters

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said an exploit against non VvV players. You guys don't want arties you want an edge in pvp.

oops I forgot I wasn't gonna post again in this thread.
Bye!

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there arguement is that the arties will create a gap between the pvpers and non pvpers.
As I said an exploit against non VvV players. You guys don't want arties you want an edge in pvp.

oops I forgot I wasn't gonna post again in this thread.
Bye!
why is so hard for you to understand no matter what gear a pvper wears they will have the upper hand on a non pvper.
the only edge a non pvper has is stealth and lets not get bo started on that crap, stealth is so over powered here it's disgusting

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there arguement is that the arties will create a gap between the pvpers and non pvpers.

why is so hard for you to understand no matter what gear a pvper wears they will have the upper hand on a non pvper.
the only edge a non pvper has is stealth and lets not get bo started on that crap, stealth is so over powered here it's disgusting
So does this mean you are against the arties since it does not matter?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't understand why people would even argue that VvV artifacts should be able to be used by people not in VvV. The People in VvV earn them by participating in fights. If you want them join VvV capture some altars and get them.
Because in the past, Faction reds was killing non factions, using their powerful factions gear. Don't do same mistake 2 times!

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So does this mean you are against the arties since it does not matter?
it doesnt matter to your point, that is what bo was commenting on. Bo's point was there is nothing to fight over in VvV, making it a useless pvp system.
have any of you people against this actually log on? hell does anyone? Cause the Bo has been a good bit as of late and its a ghost town. Dont you people think it is time for a change?

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't a bigger concern for you guys the fact that there's only 70 votes in this thread? shard is dying, no one wants to play here.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't a bigger concern for you guys the fact that there's only 70 votes in this thread? shard is dying, no one wants to play here.
and how many of those are duplicates?
It's my opinion, as a part time pvp'r at best, that the argument For VvV arties is

How many atlantic residents participate in polls on Stratics ?
how many actually people voted in this poll? and not duplicate accounts

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it doesnt matter to your point, that is what bo was commenting on. Bo's point was there is nothing to fight over in VvV, making it a useless pvp system.
You might be surprised since I am a big VvV promoter but I completely agree. Its really just a mindless merrigo round pvp with no real point in and of itself....

To make it worth playing (at least for me), I had to put alot of effort into creating some sort of RP around it. Stories, weekly events, giving guilds a chance to declare for Virtue, Vice or be Independent, creating an overall score for shard, etc

Luckily all my nonesense tends to create interest from other players and caters to many playstyles rather then a single group thus creating a community of participation rather then from a group like "pvpers", "pvmers" or "rpers" alone, etc.

Hopefully the actually game will incorporate some rp themes into VvV to get interest and faction style defenses and town control to make it worth participating long term.

have any of you people against this actually log on? hell does anyone? Cause the Bo has been a good bit as of late and its a ghost town. Dont you people think it is time for a change?
Ironically I seems like almost everyone is in favor of change, its only whether VvV artifacts should be useable by everyone or just VvV people that is causing all the issues.

One side says, everyone should be able to use because it creates an unfair edge for pkers over pvmers in a ruleset that anyone can be attacked

The other side says, Its doesn't create any advantage and so only people in VvV should have access as a bonus for extra risk in participating in VvV.

Me I hear the concerns of the community and agree with them. I have no problem letting non VvVers use artifacts from VvV. I don't feel I need an extra bonus for being in VvV outside of actually making silver to earn the artifacts, participating in town battles, having access to VvV traps, VvV mount, VvV robe and having my character and guild on the war board - that's plenty of bonus for my added risk and none of those put the rest of the player base at a disadvantage.

This isn't a situation like on prodo shards where you have all these "VvVers" in tram, using artifacts, completely insured and completely untouchable.

This is a major issue in the eyes of non VvV players but only a minor one for those in VvV - so compromise and move forward, make some positive changes for the shard and community as a whole.

-Lore

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There are dozens of folk that have not voted. Players that I know. You all know them too. (the folks that really play here do).

Do not make this a numbers game. It is 50/50 like I called. We can all drum up more votes. I think this poll has spoken volumes.

Bane Cross

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
bring back vvv arties. all you non pvp no playing noobs give us our small play time happiness. i mean plea?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't understand why people would even argue that VvV artifacts should be able to be used by people not in VvV. The People in VvV earn them by participating in fights. If you want them join VvV capture some altars and get them.
Oh then items earned by PvM should only be useable for PvM?
As long you can kill a PvM'er and use his gear for VvV, he should be able to use your VvV gear for PvM or as defense vs VvV players if he success killing you.