• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vine cord sandals, obtainable?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you left out that he sells one of above and rest about every month as in seeing nut for house payment LOL and needs to protect!!!!!!!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just quoting posts and bringing them together from other forums. I'm not making accusations or assumptions as it is expressly against posting rules here. Apparently my reading comprehension and intelligence are in question, so please draw your own conclusions from my resource gathering.

F

Fayled Dhreams

because I have the time to waste ...
The ends justify the Means
(brief overveiw of the concept)

Duping and vine cord sandels
Chicken and egg

One produces the other
desire of the other, creates the one

alamand left and twirl your partner

Removing just one ... leaves the other
Removing all the other ... leaves just the one

bow to your partner and dosido right

Removing both
Same time same day
Long time dream
never seen the light of day

alamand left with your partner. bow to your corner. all join hands. now promenade.

Now!
Stomp and clap and Stomp and clap
And faster now
Stomp and clap and Stomp and clap
Faster STILL !!
Stomp-n-clap-n-Stomp-n-clap
Stomp-n-clap-n-Stomp-n-clap

*cue the pipes*

Now! River Dance!

Dance monkey DANCE !!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easies way to fix all the overpowered EM items is to introduce some pvp mods on footwares/robes and sashes. They dont have to be as powerful but everyone should be able to get some without spending billions gold (or hundreds/thousands of US dollars).

They already started putting pvm mods on ML minor arties like luck robe and Cu boots, just introduce some new arties with various mods as ML minor arties and/or make them availiable on paragon drops/THunting maps. These ways they can save some of the outdated dungeons and people might actually have fun and a reason to do treasure hunting again.

EM items are so powerful because only a few would have them, less than 5 across the shard or sometimes one of a kind. The mass dupe pwnage changed all that. Either make some comparable items for players to hunt for or turn the duped pos into monk [insert an item type] and sell them for cheap.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

...IF EA announced that items were bannable or deleteable or should or cannot be traded then the majority of this would be solved.. BUT THEY DO NOT thus making every point that you try and prove or make towards any items completely worthless..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sales of Items/Gold for RL$$ leads to more scripting, cheating and duping... and EA allows it.

Scripting, cheating and duping is why Stratics seems dead now.

D

Duke X. Winter

You sir, couldn't be more wrong.

As posted in the knowledge base:

<blockquote><hr>

In the long history of Ultima Online, there have been times when certain items were able to enter the game world due to the result of a bug or exploit. In the past we have been hesitant to post a list of such items, for some unscrupulous players might see such a list and decide to attempt to recreate such illegal items. However, in recognition of player concerns with regard to the growing inability to discern the differences between these illegal exploit/bug items and legitimate &amp; acceptable rare items, we now feel that there are certain exploit-based items that can be publicly listed and discussed in an open forum.

The items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. They are prohibited within Ultima Online, and players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.

These items are listed because they continue to exist in the world even though they are not re-creatable, but please do not consider these listed items the only ones that are unacceptable within UO. Just because an item may not be on this list does not necessarily mean it is allowed. We reserve the right to change and update this list at any time.

* Portable forges, looms, spinning wheels, or other obviously not portable add-ons
* Water or grass tiles
* Silver steeds (except for Siege Perilous, and Mugen)
* Tame ancient wyrms
* Neon sandals (not BOD reward or AoS gift sandals)
* Khaldun puzzle box
* Chyloth's Shroud (red death shroud) and/or Staff.
* Portable Mouseholes

It is critical for all players to understand the following information about this list of exploit-created items:

* There are exploit-created items within the world that are not on this list, but just because items are not on this list, does not necessarily mean they are allowed.
* We reserve the right to change this list at any time.
* This list will only note items that were created with bugs or exploit that can no longer be created.
* Game Masters will not discuss the legality of an item. The Development team reserves the right to remove any item from the game.
* The purchase, sale, and ownership of these items are at your own risk.

Please also note that we continue to look extremely unfavorably against any player who attempts to use a bug or exploit in order to create an item that should not normally exist within the game, and players who violate the rules of UO at any time may have action taken against their UO game accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turning a blind eye to illegal items because you can't find them on the list makes you just as bad at the person duping the item. If you don't want to follow the rules of the game, don't play. People who abuse the rules DO get banned. What's sad to me is that people can't even claim ignorance. Ignorant people can learn. People who turn a blind eye to these things are stupid, simply because stupid people don't ever learn.

G

Silver steeds were an exploit? That's sad to hear ... I liked the idea of there being tameables that eventually went extinct in the wild.

P

Paris_Hilton

"Please also note that we continue to look extremely unfavorably against any player who attempts to use a bug or exploit in order to create an item that should not normally exist within the game, and players who violate the rules of UO at any time may have action taken against their UO game accounts."

Problem is Mythic is too busy working on Warhammer to look up dusty old rules made by someone long gone from UO.

It's been a long while since they changed the exploit colored shrouds to brown and put them for sale cheap on npcs, since then they've dont absolutely nothing about:

exploited necromancer robes,

exploited black faction horses (though I've not seen any bulk sales of them on Pac since I got back from Wow)

exploited/dupe gold Brit guard clothing

exploit bright orange nontagged robes, ingots and other items.

Some excuse might have been made for most of those exploits and exploiters being IGNORED by Mythic, they had no mods (not a good enough excuse).

But because Mythic failed to take action players tempted to engage in illegal activities now feel free to break whatever rules they like.

The result is that now we see leather armors in a multitude of never before seen colors (leather tubs don't dye those hues normally), and players who feel that they can walk around ingame wearing something that doesn't exist ingame legally, the vine cord sandals, without fear of reprisal.

Ticks me off that I got a mark on my account for telling someone out loud how to have more than five followers a few years back (an exploit that I learned on test that no longer works), yet just about anyone can get away with anything these days.

Wake up Mythic and give marks where marks are long overdue, ANYONE in possession of this illegal item (vine cord sandals) should get a mark on their account, a warning to not be so brazen in their cheating in the future.

Of course the dupers should be permabanned, that goes without saying, unfortunately they will have done their duping on a trash account.

G

that list is why i think those iems should eather be all removed from the game or made widly available in an altered or the same form...

if they aint worth much noone will bother to dupe them

after all its mainly about the RL net worth off those items.

and no i dont have any of them and i dont need any of them. It just makses me sick thou how these dupes are beeing sold over and over by the same guys that even declare them as rare (since even the duped item itself is so rare that it is legal) and legal to sell on stratics.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did attend an event many years ago in the City of Wintermoor on Atlantic with a contest between The Black Knight and The White Knight. The White Knight rode a Silver Steed so you could still imagine that they existed but were owned only by the gods.

G

*Tagging to last*

This thread is getting full of one-on-one duels and attacks... please calm down or it will be locked.

G

"The result is that now we see leather armors in a multitude of never before seen colors"

Yep. I've seen a guy on Napa who's a buddy of the "King of Dupers" on Napa, and he wears a bright green AoF along with bright green Barbed Runic made Leather Armor. Normally, that color of Green is only attainable on the Moonglow Zoo Leather Armor Set. Not to mention the "King of Dupers" also wears illegal Glacial Blue and Neon Gold (Not Invuln Blue or Paragon Gold) clothing and carries a Glacial Blue Spellbook.

G

Ahhh, the good old days. I miss that style of font, as well as most of the other old stuff. Like Hally Whacking. Loved the sound of Broadswords when they hit too. Looks like the "Knights" are using Viking Swords in the screenshot. Funny to see the reference to "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail". One of my favorite movies.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

I did attend an event many years ago in the City of Wintermoor on Atlantic with a contest between The Black Knight and The White Knight. The White Knight rode a Silver Steed so you could still imagine that they existed but were owned only by the gods.

[/ QUOTE ]

A silver steed should be just as legal to own these days as those exploited black faction horses are.

R

rolan69vw

I say, make sandles with the same mods accesible to everyone, just name then differently. this way prices will drop dramatically, and dupes will be worth nothing. Only the original coul be worth a lot to a collector, but people who need the mods would not pay anything for dupes. most people who use items like this are not really interested in it being a rare but more on the functionality of the item. make a similar item, dupes are worth NADA.

Rolan

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

I say, make sandles with the same mods accesible to everyone, just name then differently. this way prices will drop dramatically, and dupes will be worth nothing. Only the original coul be worth a lot to a collector, but people who need the mods would not pay anything for dupes. most people who use items like this are not really interested in it being a rare but more on the functionality of the item. make a similar item, dupes are worth NADA.

Rolan

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the purpose of naming them differently?

R

rolan69vw

So that the original ones are still worth a lot, (as a collectors item) I believe a collector willing to pay hundreds of millions for the item is going to make sure they are geting the original ones. Maybe I am wrong, but thats my take on it.

Rolan

I

imported_xStrikerx

<blockquote><hr>

So that the original ones are still worth a lot, (as a collectors item) I believe a collector willing to pay hundreds of millions for the item is going to make sure they are geting the original ones. Maybe I am wrong, but thats my take on it.

Rolan

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had read the topic, you would know that there are NO MORE original ones. All the current ones that exist are duped. I think they should all be destroyed or renamed "These are duped items" and lose their resists.

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

*Tagging to last*

This thread is getting full of one-on-one duels and attacks... please calm down or it will be locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, this thread got out of control since I last posted and some people decided to put in their 2 cents as well as attack other people's thoughts. Just close it, there's no point in carrying on about this.

I

imported_revenant2

Nice looking silver horse!

They should allow horses like the two in this screenshot to spawn and be owned by everyone.

Or actually, make a horse that spawns in the bright white cu sidhe color, that's more like the color of a real white horse.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Just close it, there's no point in carrying on about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it's left open. I believe there is a point to continue to discuss it. If no one notices, cares, discusses and nothing is done about it, why bother to play this game anymore? Only EA/Mythic can answer that and we are still waiting for that answer.

M

MrMiagi

That's disgraceful, a look at the rares forum and I can see multiple people selling vine cord sandals for 400m aswell as loads of other rares, it's funny how some of them say they will accept either 400m OR other event rares as a trade, that would be great for the duper, one more rare item to dupe. It's so obvious what's going on and they get away with having these posts right here on the stratics forum.

M

MrMiagi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Just close it, there's no point in carrying on about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it's left open. I believe there is a point to continue to discuss it. If no one notices, cares, discusses and nothing is done about it, why bother to play this game anymore? Only EA/Mythic can answer that and we are still waiting for that answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it's left open to, this thread being closed is just what a duper would like to happen, because if this thread turns into a giant perhaps EA will pay some attention to it, take care of the duped vine cord sandals issue, and catch some of the dupers all at the same time. It shouldn't be hard for them to track down anyone who duped a pair.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I see it the developers have three options;

1. Delete them all
2. Make them available to everyone
3. Do nothing.

Somebody make a poll.

I for one prefer option number (2). I'd put them on most of my characters and even use a CBD on them. Make them a gold sink somehow, but affordable by all.

F

Fayled Dhreams

That's disgraceful, a look at the rares forum and I can see multiple people selling vine cord sandals for 400m aswell as loads of other rares, it's funny how some of them say they will accept either 400m OR other event rares as a trade, that would be great for the duper, one more rare item to dupe. It's so obvious what's going on and they get away with having these posts right here on the stratics forum.

I hope it's left open to, this thread being closed is just what a duper would like to happen, because if this thread turns into a giant perhaps EA will pay some attention to it, take care of the duped vine cord sandals issue, and catch some of the dupers all at the same time. It shouldn't be hard for them to track down anyone who duped a pair.

so .... close the discussion about the sales of a known dupe ...
and keep a thread open about the sales of a known dupe ...

mmmmmm ... got it!

G

hehe for once you see how we feel trying to read your posts :p

no but in all honesty stuff like that drives people away. its not just about the sandals , they are just a prime example.

Plus it seems that topics posted and discussed here makes the devs more aware of whats going on since they dont seem to check much of the other stratics forums.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

hehe for once you see how we feel trying to read your posts :p

no but in all honesty stuff like that drives people away. its not just about the sandals , they are just a prime example.

Plus it seems that topics posted and discussed here makes the devs more aware of whats going on since they dont seem to check much of the other stratics forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ... I wouldn't go so far as compare my response to his as the negitive responses to mine are ...

Its quite clear that he doesn't want stratics to host the discussion of the sales ... by the ones doing the buying and selling ...
jeez ...don't want to make it tooooo easy for EA to notice THAT ...

G

hehe well another sales add just popped up for them sandies....

i think i rest my case with that one

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

so .... close the discussion about the sales of a known dupe ...
and keep a thread open about the sales of a known dupe ...

mmmmmm ... got it!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol nice one. I was suggesting closing it as people are starting to just throw mud at each other. As long as the thread still exists it's still there to remind the developers what's up, but it'll prevent all the mud slinging. Remember, I said close, not delete.

G

If every single pair of sandals is a dupe, and we all know they are, then what would the harm be in say... removing the mods from them and selling vine cord sandals at your local monk shop?

Perhaps we are seeing so many "selling my vine cord" posts on the rares forum because people want to unload them before they become like the monk robes? *nods*
IMO if you want to sell them you should have to put in your post "This item is a dupe and may be deleted tomorrow"
*nods*

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

give you 1 gold from the brit sewer rat invasion for a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That's about what I feel they are worth myself. You gave me a good giggle this morning, Lord Kynd. *smiles*

I have to question the sanity of anyone who would pay $1,000 dollars for some pixels you really don't even own. Especially just *one* item, duped at that. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, someone actually liked one of my post's :p
i just tell it like i see it.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

totally agree as much as they been talked about its widly known that they been duped...

but deleting them may be harsh since most of them where bought for the purpose of freeing up some points to spend on other things in that uber pvp suit.

Makig an artie with close to same resists or maybe even bit more and diffrent color and name should do the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

It serves no purpose to go to the trouble to create an entirely new item equal to the latest dupe so that the dupe wearers do not suffer.

Npc selling vine cords for the same price as regular sandals or vine cords showing up as trash loot on monsters would work just fine to prevent the dupe wearers from suffering too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

moonglow MONGBAT loot , yes ?
sounds like a winner to me.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg I just checked out the trade forums.

I never go there.

Thanks for pointing them out I had a really good laugh seeing who posted that they are auctioning off their vine cords on Pac!

Hilarious stuff.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg I just checked out the trade forums.

I never go there.

Thanks for pointing them out I had a really good laugh seeing who posted that they are auctioning off their vine cords on Pac!

Hilarious stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they are a little more obtainable than we thought. I did have a good laugh as well but my god its pathetic and sad.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

I wasn't assuming, I was generalizing in an aggressive fashion. Try to get some cheap little insult out of THAT, columbo.

Allow me to deduce, you felt the need to reply to my statement, so am I to take it that you're one of the people that wants something to be done about the existing pairs in game?

If so, then what, praytell, is your half-baked excuse for caring who has what?
-"The morals of duping" is NOT an acceptable answer, here, else you'd be going after immediate remedies to the newest duping methods and lobbying for swifter, harsher ways of dealing with those that employ them; rather than bickering about the trivialities of the items that were duplicated. (I mean, that would be just about as goofy as an Animal rights activist trying to get one brand of animal tested shampoo taken off the shelves, rather than going after the legality of animal testing in general).

and If not, then please stop wasting your time replying to posts that don't concern you, kthx.

[/ QUOTE ]

his 10k post's to your 42 ?

P

Paris_Hilton

"Apparently they are a little more obtainable than we thought. I did have a good laugh as well but my god its pathetic and sad."

Well I personally haven't seen any on Pac hawking them from the street corners, so I think maybe you need to be in "the loop", in "the know", in "the club", etc., to get in on special deals like uber rare event items worth 400 million that sell for 50 million.

Luna City Vendor's Club special pricing maybe?

J

J0KING

Just tossing in my $.02 before this all gets locked...

Since there was only initially one pair and they have been duped again and again, they should either be deleted or made available to everyone... possibly make them a new artifact so they are obtainable with some effort...

Just my thinking...

Have Fun!!!

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
delete is only way to gho and a post that includes why needed!!! but think out go rares forum since this post started four are for sale is making head way and price droping, so owners of one or many tryign dump inventory seems!!!! dev look those accounts if have many ooh like burn them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

Just tossing in my $.02 before this all gets locked...

Since there was only initially one pair and they have been duped again and again, they should either be deleted or made available to everyone... possibly make them a new artifact so they are obtainable with some effort...

Just my thinking...

Have Fun!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

here's my $0.02. In KR the Vine Cord Scandals have +8 in all the resists and can macro better than UOA ever did.

O

Omg Its BBQ LOU

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know how you can justify that statement. If I'm a rares dealer, I sell a rare then that buyer decides to dupe it, how is that my fault? I didn't know they were going to dupe the item?

A real world example would be, I own a gun store. I sell a gun legally. That gun is used to murder someone. Are you going to prosecute me for accessory to a murder cause I sold someone a gun legally? Yeah, exactly... doesn't make sense does it.

But anyway, back to the point at hand. It'd be a better idea to put an item of equal value into the game instead of getting rid of it. As I pointed out, if you change vinecords, you have to change pretty much every rare out there as they have all been duped at one point, as Tomas' item dupe list in the rares forum has shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comb them beards suzzy, comb them beards.

P

Paris_Hilton

"...here's my $0.02. In KR the Vine Cord Scandals have +8 in all the resists and can macro better than UOA ever did."

Maybe they better save that line for the 2nd week of Warhammer.

In Warhammer the Vine Cord Scandals have +8 in all the resists...

If they run that game the way they run UO, they're gonna need all the props they can get.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the houses burned in Luna you could feel the hope and excitement from everyone that finally EA/Mythic was going to do something to clean up the game. It was great but it wasn't enough. We need to see more...

G

<blockquote><hr>

There are lots of speculations as to the origins of these sandles. So to educate everyone:

The original vine cords were created by a Seer on Sonoma. It was a prize that went along with an event that had to deal with swamp creatures. Other swamp creatures were made into seer armors like Aligator leather gloves etc.. The original pair of the sandles did not have any resistances on them. So it sat in a museum for many years. When AoS was published, those sandles gained resistances on them along with a self repair +1. Well the collector like most major collectors didn't pvp much and traded for a very nice event decorative item. Owner ddin't know who the trader was other than the fact that they had nice items for trade. After a few months, few pairs were out on the market for sale. Then it was quite for few years until recently a packy full of them showed up on Pacific. They were looted and sold quickly and dispersed throughout the shards. So its been sold-resold-resold some more.

The question is do they hurt the mechanics of the game? Do they create an imbalance to the game? Not sure what justifications EA/Mythic uses to warrent an action on these items or if they should at all. Because both innocent/non-innocent buyers have purchased these items by now. We're not talking about a 200k doggy dupped shroud but 200 mil+ item. Some players have worked many years go save up that kind of gp. There is no simple answer to this.

Its like the 11 million illegal immigrants here now what do we do? Some argue stop the border first and not let anymore in while others argue round up the 11 million and send them back. Each side have valid arguments.

But do nothing is the worst option. I think they should focus more on main source and hunt them down and close their operations like they did with the scriptor houses thats currently burning on many shards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Comparing this to illegal immigrants? *brain hurts trying to see the correlation*

No, this is just like buying stolen or illegal goods. It doesn't matter if you were innocent or not. You loose the items and you don't get your money back.

Sorry.

G

For a "Rares Expert", you don't seem to know what the Shroud that was duped to make the Shrouds that later became the Monk Robes. What was duped to make them was the Shroud of Tal'Keesh, a Napa Valley Event Rare which only 4 were given out, they looked similar to a Hooded Shroud of Shadows, but were the Invuln Blue color and non Blessable. They were worth at least 100+ Mill before the duping began. Prior to the Shrouds of Tal'Keesh being introduced, there were no Shrouds other than the Hooded Shroud of Shadows or Hooded Robe of Umbra. The dupes of the Shroud of Tal'Keesh had the name "Hooded Shroud of Shadows" but were dyeable with Tokuno dyes.

Ethereal looking cloaks are dupes of a Napa Valley Event Rare as well. The Cloak of Shadows was a Cloak that looked like a normal, undyed Cloak in the backpack, is non visible in a paperdoll, and when equipped it looks like a Ethereal Cloak on the character. It was looted off of Lady Morwenna during a Napa Event by a Pacific X-Sharder, who later sold the Cloak to Napa's "King of Dupers", despite people telling him not to and telling him what the "King of Dupers" was.

Napa's "King of Dupers" is highly believed to be the original source of the duped Shrouds of Tal'Keesh and Cloak of Shadows.

G

Yeah, I'm even missing the old "we'll look into it" dev response... Of course they never do, but at least they care enough to lie to us.

G

I just say they let GM+ Tailors with GM Armslore be able to craft sandals and footwear with resists on them. Problem, Solution. All those with vine cord sandals will still have their rare hued sandals with a unique name, and everyone else will be able to get sandals or foot wear with resists on them. Could even make them a recipe item or something.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For a "Rares Expert", you don't seem to know what the Shroud that was duped to make the Shrouds that later became the Monk Robes. What was duped to make them was the Shroud of Tal'Keesh, a Napa Valley Event Rare which only about 4-6 were given out, they looked similar to a Hooded Shroud of Shadows, but were the Invuln Blue color and non Blessable. They were worth at least 100+ Mill before the duping began. Prior to the Shrouds of Tal'Keesh being introduced, there were no Shrouds other than the Hooded Shroud of Shadows or Hooded Robe of Umbra. The dupes of the Shroud of Tal'Keesh had the name "Hooded

Shroud of Shadows" but were dyeable with Tokuno dyes.

Ethereal looking cloaks are dupes of a Napa Valley Event Rare as well. The Cloak of Shadows was a Cloak that looked like a normal, undyed Cloak in the backpack, is non visible in a paperdoll, and when equipped it looks like a Ethereal Cloak on the character. It was looted off of Lady Morwenna during a Napa Event by a Pacific X-Sharder, who later sold the Cloak to Napa's "King of Dupers", despite people telling him not to and telling him what the "King of Dupers" was.

Napa's "King of Dupers" is highly believed to be the original source of the duped Shrouds of Tal'Keesh and Cloak of Shadows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people insist on throwing in their opinion as fact when they really have no idea such as yourself?

At the Original event of Tal'keesh, he spawned 3 times, giving roughly 12 shrouds due to Goose's guild xfering over and killing it too fast. They could always be blessed via Item Bless deed, just not clothing bless. There were other shrouds out at the time of Tal'keesh, just not in as great of number. Lily Shroud (neon purpilish), Cebo Shroud (Dull Blue), Embroidered Oak leaf cloak(green shroud) Glourious Lady Shroud of the Champions (Original Purple Shroud, not ari or bal).

FYI, only apperance duped shrouds were taken away. All the true duped items are still in vast amounts on unnamed brokers and other dupers inactive accounts. There are many more Tal'Keesh shrouds and other high end event items than you think. Shroud of Shadows were never dyeable with tokuno dyes.

Etheral Cloak I believe was owned by Nail's warstein. It was only apperance duped, all apperance duped items minus shrouds are still in existance.

I can think of at least one person whom resides on Europa that still has massive amounts of event items and also made some Tal'keesh shrouds.

Next time, please don't spit random fictional garbage out of your mouth. Please post only when you know facts, like myself please.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

When the houses burned in Luna you could feel the hope and excitement from everyone that finally EA/Mythic was going to do something to clean up the game. It was great but it wasn't enough. We need to see more...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we would all do better posting our complaints via paging GMs ingame and using the feedack form over on UOherald.com.

The only good thing about Stratics is that we get to see exactly who the cheaters are, they don't feel that it's necessary to hide here.

So from now when I have issues with UO I am either paging ingame, going straight to Mythic and/or sometimes straight to EA...(or all three).

Skip the middleman and all.

(After I log a complaint of course!)

All who really truly care about UO please keep up the good fight! As I will, only I will be doing it in a better place.

I might have to get myself banned from Here, whoopie!

I was starting to feel itchy from the fleas anyways.

G

After reading the entire thread I thought I'd throw my hat into this ring of insanity and ask a completely different question regarding duped items in general - Vine Cord Sandals or otherwise.

A large number of people who have posted in this thread have suggested that everyone "should" know that the Vine Cord Sandals are duped if not simply because it is discussed "ad-nauseum" here on Stratics. However, isn't there a HUGE assumption that everyone who play UO also reads these forums? What if... and I know it's a huge stretch to imagine this... but what if there is an individual out there who does play UO and doesn't look at any UO-based websites other than the official website. It's possible isn't it?

So with that in mind... here's a scenario for you with a fictional character we'll call Little Jimmy. Little Jimmy has been playing UO for a few years now and has saved up all of his pennies (gold pennies) playing UO religiously whenever he has a spare moment to breathe. One day he's walking through town (any town other than Luna because he doesn't like that town) and sees the most wonderful, shiny object that he has never seen before. He asks the vendor how much for "The Cowboy Hat of Clint Eastwood" and almost chokes when he is told, matter-of-factly, 8 million gold pieces. Well... after much deliberation he decides to purchase the object of his desire and runs home to put it on display for all his neighbors to see (and envy). The next morning he wakes up and sees... "a wide brimmed hat".

Funny story? Not if you're Little Jimmy. He was minding his own business, reading the UO website as his source of information and there wasn't any information to be found about his now nerfed Cowboy Hat.

To my knowledge, and I am sure someone out there will correct me if I am wrong, there are only a few specific things listed by EA which are considered illegal. I realize that in their ToS that duping itself is illegal and that anything that is modified is illegal as well but my point is this... If EA doesn't step up to the plate and begin to list any/ all items which have been duped/ altered/ modified and "officially" inform players, the where is the fairness when they decide to nerf these items? Are they relying on other websites or word of mouth about these things? They really should take some ownership on this - at least they would have a leg to stand on if they decided to nerf or remove Vine Cord Sandals from the game.

And for the record... I could care less about them. It's more about the bigger picture and how EA needs to take ownership of the situation.