• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vine cord sandals, obtainable?

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

well on rares forum you pay 450 mill and the mill sells 1.75 $ if you look .... so they make close to 1k REAL LIFE $$ for the duped item....

[/ QUOTE ]

... add to that the $ from powerscrolls, stat scrolls, artefacts (duped?)... and you will find a reason to make artefacts easier to get and powerscrolls/stat scrolls obtainable on Trammel... why? because these fair gents that control felluca... do it with the purpose of making a profit in RL... and they cheat to achieve their goals... cams, speehacks, third party..etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these items should be made easier to get to make them worth zero in rl$. Server births &amp; Event Items should be made obtainable either by making them a stealable, a turn-in or a spawn based reward. Making them somewhat common ruins the appeal to cheat, script or dupe for them.

When can we expect some action on these things? The Luna house burnings were a good start. We await the house scripting changes.

EA/Mythic/Jeremy/Draconi/Anyone? Can we expect something to be done with these other items? Please? Enough is enough.

M

mdacc#one

There are lots of speculations as to the origins of these sandles. So to educate everyone:

The original vine cords were created by a Seer on Sonoma. It was a prize that went along with an event that had to deal with swamp creatures. Other swamp creatures were made into seer armors like Aligator leather gloves etc.. The original pair of the sandles did not have any resistances on them. So it sat in a museum for many years. When AoS was published, those sandles gained resistances on them along with a self repair +1. Well the collector like most major collectors didn't pvp much and traded for a very nice event decorative item. Owner ddin't know who the trader was other than the fact that they had nice items for trade. After a few months, few pairs were out on the market for sale. Then it was quite for few years until recently a packy full of them showed up on Pacific. They were looted and sold quickly and dispersed throughout the shards. So its been sold-resold-resold some more.

The question is do they hurt the mechanics of the game? Do they create an imbalance to the game? Not sure what justifications EA/Mythic uses to warrent an action on these items or if they should at all. Because both innocent/non-innocent buyers have purchased these items by now. We're not talking about a 200k doggy dupped shroud but 200 mil+ item. Some players have worked many years go save up that kind of gp. There is no simple answer to this.

Its like the 11 million illegal immigrants here now what do we do? Some argue stop the border first and not let anymore in while others argue round up the 11 million and send them back. Each side have valid arguments.

But do nothing is the worst option. I think they should focus more on main source and hunt them down and close their operations like they did with the scriptor houses thats currently burning on many shards.

C

Connor_Graham

"Do they create an imbalance to the game?"

Yes, very much so. The 25 additional resists make suit building that much easier for those that can afford them, giving them an additional edge in being able to have lower resist pieces with more mods on them than they otherwise would have been able to use.

"Because both innocent/non-innocent buyers have purchased these items by now. We're not talking about a 200k doggy dupped shroud but 200 mil+ item."

Anyone that had the 200+mil to spend on them knew exactly what they were buying.

"Not sure what justifications EA/Mythic uses to warrent an action on these items "

Uh, they're dupes. What more justification do they need than that?

"There is no simple answer to this."'

Sure there is. Either delete them all, change them into plain sandals, or make they freely and easily available to everyone.

Very simple.

G

totally agree as much as they been talked about its widly known that they been duped...

but deleting them may be harsh since most of them where bought for the purpose of freeing up some points to spend on other things in that uber pvp suit.

Makig an artie with close to same resists or maybe even bit more and diffrent color and name should do the job.

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, very much so. The 25 additional resists make suit building that much easier for those that can afford them, giving them an additional edge in being able to have lower resist pieces with more mods on them than they otherwise would have been able to use.

really? Even with all the possible artifacts, crafted barbed armor pieces out there, it still makes that much of a difference? Like to hear from some of the pvpers on this. I don't pvp so I have no idea. I go to fel in yew and see people can put together suits with less than 20 mil and are damn good at pvping.

"Because both innocent/non-innocent buyers have purchased these items by now. We're not talking about a 200k doggy dupped shroud but 200 mil+ item."

Anyone that had the 200+mil to spend on them knew exactly what they were buying. How can you be sure of that?

"Not sure what justifications EA/Mythic uses to warrent an action on these items "

Uh, they're dupes. What more justification do they need than that?

What about the original pair? You know who has them? I don't. and you are 100% beyond shadow of any doubt that a duper owns that original pair? If not, would it justify the punishing of one original pair owner to satisfy the many? Thats not the American way.

"There is no simple answer to this."'

Sure there is. Either delete them all, change them into plain sandals, or make they freely and easily available to everyone.

in other words, Either round all 11 million illegals up and send them back, or give all illegal immigrants legal status, or invite another 100 million more in to make them available to everyone? If it was that simple, why couldn't Congress come up with this plan.

Very simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

totally agree as much as they been talked about its widly known that they been duped...

but deleting them may be harsh since most of them where bought for the purpose of freeing up some points to spend on other things in that uber pvp suit.

Makig an artie with close to same resists or maybe even bit more and diffrent color and name should do the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

It serves no purpose to go to the trouble to create an entirely new item equal to the latest dupe so that the dupe wearers do not suffer.

Npc selling vine cords for the same price as regular sandals or vine cords showing up as trash loot on monsters would work just fine to prevent the dupe wearers from suffering too much.

C

Connor_Graham

You can't equate UO, which is a business, with Democracy.

That wasn't even a good attempt at refuting my point.

I

imported_Suzzy

I agree with just making vine cords a common item.

Any pvper who has a spare 300-400 mil to spend can build a top notch pvp suit without needing vinecords.

I think the misconception is that having vinecords is some huge advantage when it really isn't. I mean, sure you get 20 extra resist, not 25 fyi, but actually owning a pair is more of a statement of how rich you are as opposed to usefulness.

You don't buy a $500,000 car because of it's usefulness, you do it because it shows off your status and how rich you are.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with just making vine cords a common item.

Any pvper who has a spare 300-400 mil to spend can build a top notch pvp suit without needing vinecords.

I think the misconception is that having vinecords is some huge advantage when it really isn't. I mean, sure you get 20 extra resist, not 25 fyi, but actually owning a pair is more of a statement of how rich you are as opposed to usefulness.

You don't buy a $500,000 car because of it's usefulness, you do it because it shows off your status and how rich you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or it shows that you know how to dupe items ingame?

Lie down with dogs get up with fleas.

You wanna spend 400 mill on a dupe and proudly wear it around to show how rich you are ALSO shows how STUPID you are, or that you think you are ABOVE the rules that everyone else in UO ha(s) to obey.

The scripter collecting 4000 bods a week on Pac that got a pair recently thumbs their nose at Mythic by scripting, wearing dupes, AND displaying a well known dupers name in the Luna vendor house they sell from.

Vine cord sandal dupes are just the NEWEST symbol of EVERYTHING a CHEATER/DUPER/SCRIPTER CAN GET AWAY IN UO, and EVERY WAY THAT EA/MYTHIC FAILS AT STOPPING THEM IN THEIR TRACKS.

G

how about craftable shoes ...they could all have resists...

well all but siege ones

that be nice

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

how about craftable shoes ...they could all have resists...

well all but siege ones

that be nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not vine cord sandals raining down from the sky in UO? In rainbow colors?

AFTER they BAN all of the people who are in possession of the contraband ones of course.

If vendors MUST are required to KNOW who they are renting from in case the vendor house goes up in flames, why isn't everyone required to exercise the same level of responsiblity elsewhere in the game?

Especially when highend items such as vine cord sandals are the subject in question.

Anyone who can afford to spend 400 million on a single item in UO can afford to know what they are spending it on, or else afford to lose 400 million and/or their account as well.

It's highly unlikely they'd remove any 'innocent' people if they banned all accounts found in possession of such an expensive item that should no longer exist in the game.

I know one scripter that would get the boot for sure.

(I'm sure they'd be back the very next day though, no way they could live without their 4000 bod a week fix).

C

Connor_Graham

Not everyone that has 400mil or more they can spend is a scripter or cheater.

It would be good enough just to turn them into plain sandals, or simply put them on the monks and sell them as monk sandals for 100gp.

I

imported_Suzzy

Hmm, I keep agreeing with you in regards to making vinecords a common item, and yet you continue to argue a point that has already been made several times. Yes, vinecords have been duped, no one is disputing that. The point I was trying to make was the whole thing about Rares in general is that it seperates the haves from the have nots. We are not communists in UO. Everyone is not created equal. There is a definitive line of seperation from the rich and the poor, and that is through rares and gold in general.

Unfortunately, this is the only real line of seperation that we are capable of measuring. It sucks that all these rares have been duped, it really does. In a perfect world, there would be no duping, but it happened. I have no problem making all the rares common, go for it. However, introduce something new to replace them that I can spend my time trying to collect.

edit: In regards to your second post, now you're just being foolish. I have never scripted or cheated before to amass my wealth, and you're saying I should be banned for purchasing an item that could have been duped? You can make an arguement that ANY item of value has been duped, there is no way to tell. In fact, why don't we ban the people who buy a barbed kit/runic item, or buy a library/vesper museum item, or buy resources, since those have all been possibly scripted for which is illegal. Yeah, let's do that... You'll be banning anyone who has bought anything from anyone because there is no way to tell, even yourself.

M

MrMiagi

Hmm, i posted in this thread that i found someone selling these sandals for "450m each" and the post has been deleted, what, stratics is pro duper now?

F

Fayled Dhreams

KB
(in part)
# Game Masters will not discuss the legality of an item. The Development team reserves the right to remove any item from the game.
# The purchase, sale, and ownership of these items are at your own risk.

doesn't matter : how when who why wherefrom wherefore ifthen ipsodefacto remundo ignoramusium etcetera-ad-infintium

The Development team reserves the right to remove <font color=red>(and or alter)</font color=red> any item from <font color=red>( or in )</font color=red> the game.

THIS thread ... wants it NOW ...

maybe Leuro and/or Drac and the Missus(cute wb announcement... btw
) or an intern with a few spare days ...
MAYBE something wicked this way comes

MAYBE not ...

G

Gruster

<blockquote><hr>

really? Even with all the possible artifacts, crafted barbed armor pieces out there, it still makes that much of a difference? Like to hear from some of the pvpers on this. I don't pvp so I have no idea. I go to fel in yew and see people can put together suits with less than 20 mil and are damn good at pvping.

[/ QUOTE ]

25 extra resist is 25 extra resist. So yes it does make suit building easier. But I don't think it is a major imbalance. I sure wouldn't pay 200-400 million for them even if they were legit (and I had that kind of money). If you consider 15 resist = 1 property, these are only adding 1.33 properties. Consider a 6 piece barb kit has potentially 5 extra properties plus about 2.5 for the base resists. So a full barb kit 6 piece suit is 45 properties. Add another 10-15 potential props for jewelry, cloak/quiver/robe and the maxxed out ideal gear is around 55-65 props.

As you point out, there are people pvping competitively with much less than the ideal gear. Same on the tram side, there are people easily pvming with much less than the theoretical max ideal gear. Top pvper's have top gear, but this additional 25 resists isn't going to elevate the avg pvper to the top level. And the gear range for average pvper spans much more than a difference of 25 overall resists/1.3 props. So I don't consider the potential extra 1.33 property you get by adding these sandals to your suit all that imbalancing.

Having said all that, I'd sure like to see them take action to devalue these duped items. Making vinecords easily obtainable would be one way.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm, i posted in this thread that i found someone selling these sandals for "450m each" and the post has been deleted, what, stratics is pro duper now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Improper mention(in YOUR post) of software more likely ...
PM any mod listed in the lower left corner to be sure.

yw

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm, I keep agreeing with you in regards to making vinecords a common item, and yet you continue to argue a point that has already been made several times. Yes, vinecords have been duped, no one is disputing that. The point I was trying to make was the whole thing about Rares in general is that it seperates the haves from the have nots. We are not communists in UO. Everyone is not created equal. There is a definitive line of seperation from the rich and the poor, and that is through rares and gold in general.

Unfortunately, this is the only real line of seperation that we are capable of measuring. It sucks that all these rares have been duped, it really does. In a perfect world, there would be no duping, but it happened. I have no problem making all the rares common, go for it. However, introduce something new to replace them that I can spend my time trying to collect.

edit: In regards to your second post, now you're just being foolish. I have never scripted or cheated before to amass my wealth, and you're saying I should be banned for purchasing an item that could have been duped? You can make an arguement that ANY item of value has been duped, there is no way to tell. In fact, why don't we ban the people who buy a barbed kit/runic item, or buy a library/vesper museum item, or buy resources, since those have all been possibly scripted for which is illegal. Yeah, let's do that... You'll be banning anyone who has bought anything from anyone because there is no way to tell, even yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

"...introduce something new to replace them..."

You mean, introduce something new for the dupers to dupe don't you?

Something else valuable that "sellers" could get their hands on and sell for 400 million?

Edit: Not COULD have been duped. WAS duped. You had to have a good idea of what you were shelling out millions for, and just for the sake of argument, if you did not before, you certainly do now.

Do you still have your lovely expensive pair of dupes?

Of course you do.

N

nineninefour

EDIT: Paris this isn't directed at you at all, just the first reply button I hit.

---

Am I the only person who thinks everyone getting their own shiny pair of 4 4 4 4 4 sandals is a BAD idea? Part of the fun of crafting and buying and selling is that many of the greatest suits are just that 3 or 4 short in 1 resist.

I mean, honestly, really go ahead and make every single other form of footwear in the game useless and obsolete? No.

And the only people that even care about this are a bunch of whiners that either a) want some and can't afford them or b) keep getting pimpslapped in fel by better players who happen to be wearing a pair. Stop with the "everyone gets them or no one gets them" nonsense, you know who you are. The people that get them are the people that are lucky enough to have them, and it should be left at that.

Stop crying and go get killed in Destard some more. Jeez

---

<blockquote><hr>

edit: In regards to your second post, now you're just being foolish. I have never scripted or cheated before to... blah blah ... Yeah, let's do that... You'll be banning anyone who ... blah blah ... tell, even yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suzzy, you talk an outlandish amount of nonsense, heh.

From what i understand, there was only 1 original pair of sandals that were incidentally deleted. Is this correct? If it is, that pretty much topples your whole argument. Ouch.

---

I like "topless" much better than "topples." Toppling topless is nice, though.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

Not everyone that has 400mil or more they can spend is a scripter or cheater.

It would be good enough just to turn them into plain sandals, or simply put them on the monks and sell them as monk sandals for 100gp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just 99.9% of them?

And no, allowing the dupers to remain ingame, working on their next big moneymaking dupe, is NOT good enough.

C

Connor_Graham

"And the only people that even care about this are a bunch of whiners that either a) want some and can't afford them or b) keep getting pimpslapped in fel by better players who happen to be wearing a pair"

Don't ASSume.

Even my Smith/Tailor/Miner is wearing a 70's LRC/LMC/Mana Regen suit. I don't NEED any of those sandals for my suits to be done, and I don't PvP.

*kicks one assumption to the curb*

N

nineninefour

I wasn't assuming, I was generalizing in an aggressive fashion. Try to get some cheap little insult out of THAT, columbo.

Allow me to deduce, you felt the need to reply to my statement, so am I to take it that you're one of the people that wants something to be done about the existing pairs in game?

If so, then what, praytell, is your half-baked excuse for caring who has what?
-"The morals of duping" is NOT an acceptable answer, here, else you'd be going after immediate remedies to the newest duping methods and lobbying for swifter, harsher ways of dealing with those that employ them; rather than bickering about the trivialities of the items that were duplicated. (I mean, that would be just about as goofy as an Animal rights activist trying to get one brand of animal tested shampoo taken off the shelves, rather than going after the legality of animal testing in general).

and If not, then please stop wasting your time replying to posts that don't concern you, kthx.

P

Paris_Hilton

"The people that get them are the people that are lucky enough to have them, and it should be left at that."

The person that I know who has recently acquired some vine cord sandals was running an afk bod collecting script which had to be netting them 4000 plus bods a week. Probably still is, just shifted to another city than the one we caught them doing it in.

I could say other things that I know about this person, like them talking about scripting out loud at Luna bank, and how they advertise for a famous duper (most likely the person who pays them real life cash to script bods) from the Luna vendor house they operate from.

Luck had nothing to do with them getting the newest dupe.

Cheating did.

N

nineninefour

Alright, those that are cheat-y enough to have them, whatever. Lol. I still mean what I said.

C

Connor_Graham

"If so, then what, praytell, is your half-baked excuse for caring who has what?"

As a former chef, I can assure you, nothing I concoct is half-baked.

As to why I care....they were created by cheating. Plain and simple. Cheating, cheaters, and items made or obtained by such should be removed from the game, or in cases like this (I refer back to the robe dupes) could also simply be made easily available to everyone. In this particular case, my vote would be to delete every single one of them, or at the very least, remove the tag and properties from them so they're just plain ol' Sandals.

"else you'd be going after immediate remedies to the newest duping methods and lobbying for swifter, harsher ways of dealing with those that employ them"

There's a new dupe? If there is, I'm unaware of it.

Immediate remedies I can think of would involve high test fishing line, a tall tree, and reproductive organs tied with such, to such.

"and If not, then please stop wasting your time replying to posts that don't concern you"

As you so "carefully" noted, your statement was generalized, and generalized statements apply to everyone, in general....

Duping, and items that are duped, concern everyone, regardless of when, how and why they are brought to light.

N

nineninefour

Again, if you really truly cared about the ethics of cheating above all, you wouldn't care so much about the end product, as it's of limited consequence to the greater ethical issue. You're kind of transparent on this one, homeboy, sorry to break it to you.

So my original generalization stands. People who care about the sandals fall into one of those two categories.

However you did use a lot of smilies which is positive for the general mood. By the way, I'm sure there are some food out there, you know, the gourmet stuff, that's supposed to be only half baked, right?

G

You're wrong on this one.
A person can care about removing duping methods and still want the dupes themselves removed from the game.
If you say you care about dupers but are still willing to buy/trade in the items then you support dupers. If you do not support duping of any kind you actually want these items to be removed so that no more profit can be made off of them.

N

nineninefour

You're wrong that I'm wrong.

There's a vast crevice between a true ethical standpoint and one of material concern. Never the two shall meet.

Oh, wait, we're talking about halfassed ethical standpoints contaminated with vague material envy? Really? Oh, well excuse me. By all means I am wrong and I stand down.

C

Connor_Graham

What Flutter said.

"So my original generalization stands. People who care about the sandals fall into one of those two categories."

Yep, what Flutter said pretty much covers this. What I said pretty much does as well, as I stated I both want the cheaters gone, and the items that were created by them.

"I'm sure there are some food out there, you know, the gourmet stuff, that's supposed to be only half baked, right? "

Anything that is, would still be considered fully baked at half baked, since it's done at half baked, so is fully baked.

G

You sound like someone who just doesn't want to lose his duped items.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Anything that is, would still be considered fully baked at half baked, since it's done at half baked, so is fully baked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that like digging half a hole?

N

nineninefour

You guys are completely delusional, I swear.

Okay then:
even though the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means,
even though the money being made on the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means,
even though further production of the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means, even though without a means, there would be no end;

...people who care about the means of duplicating obviously maintain solid grounds for passionate objection toward the physical sandals in circulation, even though the money, items, and players don't directly concern them or their ethical agenda in any way. Riiiight, that's COMPLETELY ********. Are you people even reading what I'm saying??

You have to care about the money or the items to want something done about the money or the items. People who care solely about the issue are above that. DUH. I wish I could say the same about the "moral high ground" that seems to be deeper than my basement around here.

I just can't make it any simpler. Either raise up your reading comprehension levels to at least "apprentice" or I'll just have to shake my head and give up on you, leaving both of you and all your relevant peers to be jealous you're not getting a big sloppy slice of the billions being made on those sandals. That's right I said it.[/b]

N

nineninefour

<blockquote><hr>

You sound like someone who just doesn't want to loose his duped items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be an idiot, I don't own a single item worth more than a few mil. I just happen to feel those dumb sandals don't affect my daily gameplay in any way. You know, I happen to make sense.

C

Connor_Graham

"People who care solely about the issue are above that."

This is where you're gravely mistaken. People who care about the issue also care about the result of that issue, and want that taken care of as well.

"even though the money being made on the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means"

The "means" came about solely because of the money it would generate, or do you really think that 400mil isn't enough of a reason?

I know you didn't type that out with a straight face...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you are if you think the end has nothing to do with the means....
There would be no point in duping if that were so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You sound like someone who just doesn't want to lose his duped items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be an idiot, I don't own a single item worth more than a few mil. I just happen to feel those dumb sandals don't affect my daily gameplay in any way. You know, I happen to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be an idiot, I said you sound like a person would if they didn't want to lose their duped items, not that you had any. I wouldn't accuse. It's against the Stratics ROC.

U

Ultima83

<blockquote><hr>

Okay then:
even though the money being made on the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means,
even though further production of the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means, even though without a means, there would be no end;

...people who care about the means of duplicating obviously maintain solid grounds for passionate objection toward the physical sandals in circulation, even though the money, items, and players don't directly concern them or their ethical agenda in any way. Riiiight, that's COMPLETELY ********. Are you people even reading what I'm saying??

You have to care about the money or the items to want something done about the money or the items. People who care solely about the issue are above that. DUH. I wish I could say the same about the "moral high ground" that seems to be deeper than my basement around here.

I just can't make it any simpler. Either raise up your reading comprehension levels to at least "apprentice" or I'll just have to shake my head and give up on you, leaving both of you and all your relevant peers to be jealous you're not getting a big sloppy slice of the billions being made on those sandals. That's right I said it.[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, I &lt;3 you for speaking how the majority posters on these forums haven't the slightest bit of intelligence, Every argument they try and make is a mute and hypocritical point and they just ramble on about things they have NO clue about..

Its amazing how so many people sit here crying about things they dont own or care to own, then say how they NEED these items to be removed or changed because they make it unfair, but its on moral ethics that they would never own one of these items, yet they want them to create something of simliar attributes for ALL to own..

Its like a never ending argument of WAAAA WAAAA i want the item I cant afford because that guy makes more gold than me.. or that guy makes a Real life living and can pay someone real life cash to own it.. WAAAAA WAAAA

Why cant I just be handed every elite item ever created in uo and do what I want when I want and kill everyone in 1 magic arrow.. WAWAAWAAW!!

When does the constant bickering end??
When do you people who post about this stupid stuff realize you dont make the rules, you cant enforce them, and you arent changing anything by posting here, IF EA announced that items were bannable or deleteable or should or cannot be traded then the majority of this would be solved.. BUT THEY DO NOT thus making every point that you try and prove or make towards any items completely worthless..

G

cords should remain but updated with a tag that says "I was the victim of a greedy duper" and then sell em as "monks sandals" with the same resists(dyeable) on monks over in yew.

N

nineninefour

<blockquote><hr>

Don't be an idiot, I said you sound like a person would if they didn't want to lose their duped items, not that you had any. I wouldn't accuse. It's against the Stratics ROC.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very sneaky, and you know what you were implying, but you have got me there. :/

*Ceases being an idiot.

You two are just farty pantses anyway. :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

On that note, I &lt;3 you for speaking how the majority posters on these forums haven't the slightest bit of intelligence, Every argument they try and make is a mute and hypocritical point and they just ramble on about things they have NO clue about..

Its amazing how so many people sit here crying about things they dont own or care to own, then say how they NEED these items to be removed or changed because they make it unfair, but its on moral ethics that they would never own one of these items, yet they want them to create something of simliar attributes for ALL to own..

Its like a never ending argument of WAAAA WAAAA i want the item I cant afford because that guy makes more gold than me.. or that guy makes a Real life living and can pay someone real life cash to own it.. WAAAAA WAAAA

Why cant I just be handed every elite item ever created in uo and do what I want when I want and kill everyone in 1 magic arrow.. WAWAAWAAW!!

When do you people who post about this stupid stuff realize you dont make the rules, you cant enforce them, and you arent changing anything by posting here, IF EA announced that items were bannable or deleteable or should or cannot be traded then the majority of this would be solved.. BUT THEY DO NOT thus making every point that you try and prove or make towards any items completely worthless..

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly dont understand try to read a few pages realize theres only suppose to be one pair and some reports say that pair was lost with a duper banning witch means every pair is a duped item and should be changed or deleted i suggest my post above.

N

nineninefour

<blockquote><hr>

This is where you're gravely mistaken. People who care about the issue also care about the result of that issue, and want that taken care of as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) WRONG.
Taking care of the issue takes care of the result. Doing it the other way around is a hamster wheel.
2) DUH.

<blockquote><hr>

The "means" came about solely because of the money it would generate, or do you really think that 400mil isn't enough of a reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey there, **** Tracy, that's an elaborate way of saying the MEANS affects the END.
1) EVERYONE KNOWS THAT CONNOR.
I said (cause you apparently never learned how to read) that the "END doesn't affect the means." The <u>existing</u> sandals in game don't have 1 iota of influence on the current duping methods and practices.
2) DUH

<blockquote><hr>

I know you didn't type that out with a straight face...

[/ QUOTE ]

God I know how you feel.

Me: 2, you: 0. Get a grip before hitting the "quote" button.

EDIT: In fact, don't bother. This is silly and we obviously have to agree to let me be right and let you be wrong. Haha. You can reply to me again if you want others to read your breakdown and give you props, but I won't read it.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

IF EA announced that items were bannable or deleteable or should or cannot be traded then the majority of this would be solved....

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me solve it for you then. Directly from the Ultima Online Service Rules of Conduct #20
<blockquote><hr>

You will not intentionally accept an item that has been “bugged” or otherwise manipulated outside of the designed game mechanics from anyone inside or outside the game world. The Ultima Online team has the right to confiscate any such illegal items, without reparation, even if a player had no prior knowledge of the item’s origin

[/ QUOTE ]

M

Maximinus Thrax

I thought I'd sneak in a post before you reply to your own post for the 203932nd time this thread.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Okay then:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomas Bryce's Duped Item List From the Rares Forum. Please refer to the rares forum to read the entire post if you wish.

Event &amp; seer items
* Gladiator's collar
* The Most Knowledge Person 1st [Arriang]
* Lieutinent of the Royal Guard Sash (MR 2, LRC 10, Int +5)
* Djinni Ring
* Necromancer Robe
* Good Samaritan robe
* Orc chief helm (30HCI version)
* Brave knights katana (non-lightning version)
* Wind Spirit
* Shroud of Talkeesh
* Vine cord sandles
* Shroud of Ari
* Shroud of Deceit
* Wall large blood splatters
* Quell
* Pacify
* Calm
* Subdue
* Oblivian needle
* Item bless deeds
* Zombie goat boots
* Mythical detective boots with int bonus
* Wisp fragments
* Rotgut wine
* Ancient mummy wrappings
* Gauntlets of anger
* Royal guard survival knife
* Oak Leaf Shroud

Your current Sale Post From the Rares Forum "Verbatim" Icq removed

Accepting Gold or Cash on Any high population servers.. No asian or german servers please

Icq me @ *******
List includes w/ Buyout offers Listed

LT guard Sash = 1.5 billion
Vine cord sandals = 450 million
Godsman - Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard = 750m
Shroud oF Arrirang (the Most knowledge) = 900m
Shroud of Ari = 950m
Necromancer Shroud = 150m
Good Samaritan Shroud = 200m
Acid Proof Robe = 325m
Shroud of Talkeesh = 300m
Oak Leaf Shroud = 350m
Orc Chief Helm (Hci) = 450m
Orc chief Helm (Hpi)= 1 billion
Djinn ring = 150m

Marble Table = 250m
Sandstone table = 300m
WinD Spirit = 450m
Scaffolding = 450m
Two Story Statue (Talking) = 250m
Boulder = 250m
Item bless deed = 90m
Skinned Deer = 75m
Haunted Chest = 150m
Ruined painting = 95m

All these items Are available w/ xfer token if you spend over 200m in value..

Always selling gold on Available shards @ 1.75$ a Million.. JUST ICQ ME for available shards!

You very clearly understand what's at stake here

Say what you will, call us whatever you want. We are going to keep coming back and asking that something be done.

C

Connor_Graham

1) WRONG.
Taking care of the issue takes care of the result.

Wrong. Take care of the issue and the result (the duped sandals) will still exist in game. They must be taken care of as well.

"I said (cause you apparently never learned how to read)"

Apparently you need to learn to read the RoC, and hopefully follow it from here on out.

"hey there, **** Tracy, that's an elaborate way of saying the MEANS affects the END.
1) EVERYONE KNOWS THAT CONNOR."

Then why did you say exactly the opposite?

To quote you:

"even though the end has absolutely nothing to do with the means"

Maybe you should get your story straight.

"You can reply to me again if you want others to read your breakdown"

The only "breakdown" is my breakdown of your lack of logic in your posts, not to mention lack of continuity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I thought I'd sneak in a post before you reply to your own post for the 203932nd time this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting this one. Sorry. I see only a few posts by Flutter...

As far as the crazy sandals go, I say delete them so that no one else can continue to profit from ill-gotten goods. If you were one that bought them unknowing...well, buyer beware. Maybe in the future it would be best to thoroughly research the history of high-dollar items of this nature before considering a purchase. And read the Rules of Conduct you agree to follow.

EA just needs to concentrate on getting rid of cheaters of all kinds. Sure, some things are going to slip through the cracks occasionally...it's the nature of the beast. But don't hesitate to exact swift justice on those that participate. Ignorance is *not* bliss.

Delete 'em all, let the bit bucket sort 'em out!

G

Light them all on fire and smoke them!!!!!! Grape vines for the cheap buzz!!!!!

G

Here is the thing in a Nutshell. Whenever you BUY something from another player, you have no way of knowing if it is real, or it is duped? The Avg. player has no clue about sandels, or tome of knowledge, or anything else. Hell, even someone buying something from you, that 1 mil. gold check could be fake?

If possiesion is 9/10 of the law, then the buyer is guilty also.