• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vine cord sandals, obtainable?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for a 200m plus item i would expect a person would search for info make sure not gettting ripped off!

G

<blockquote><hr>

for a 200m plus item i would expect a person would search for info make sure not gettting ripped off!

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies if I rambled a bit and you missed the point - which is that if he DID search the "official" UO/ EA website he wouldn't find any information there about it. Getting ripped off for not doing your research is a completely different story

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
uo web site has been in acurate since i started playing and on polar bear hope that tells you something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Duke X. Winter

If others missed your point, then I got your point. But one thing I have learned in this age of Facebook, where you learn you know people who know people you know that you didn't know they knew, is that ignorance is largely an illusion.

For all the people who don't know what stratics is, I'll bet most people know someone who does know what stratics is, and could easily tell them. In fact, I would almost wager a guess that if you went into Luna and asked about an item, you'd get 5 responses at least saying "check stratics". And the journey would begin.

So to assume that people don't know about stratics is fair. But don't think that the chances of them finding out about it are small, cause they're not.

L

LAH Architect

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Add that you can't price items for more than 100m on a vendor, you have to use a trustworthy broker or do some research whether to trust seller to pass them the millions above 100. If a pair costs 300m, you have to give seller 200m first before he does a tradescreen/vendor with sandals and you do the final 100m.

I find it hard to believe that innocent John Joe scrapping for years to save his millions of gold will make a purchase that haphazardly.

I asked a guildmate that knows a lot of shady operations in UO about this guy 'P' when I was considering buying a large ticketed item. He gave this reply :

He is able to supply what you want, on any shard, at any time.

G

Just type "vine cord sandals" into google and you can see there's plenty of talk about them.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
u do know lol if have made many pixels of items if loose out on a few lol they can continue with out sense loss, if i duped 100 of and one trade bad i can live with LOL!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just type "vine cord sandals" into google and you can see there's plenty of talk about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about "The Cowboy Hat of Clint Eastwood"?

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When the houses burned in Luna you could feel the hope and excitement from everyone that finally EA/Mythic was going to do something to clean up the game. It was great but it wasn't enough. We need to see more...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we would all do better posting our complaints via paging GMs ingame and using the feedack form over on UOherald.com.

The only good thing about Stratics is that we get to see exactly who the cheaters are, they don't feel that it's necessary to hide here.

So from now when I have issues with UO I am either paging ingame, going straight to Mythic and/or sometimes straight to EA...(or all three).

Skip the middleman and all.

(After I log a complaint of course!)

All who really truly care about UO please keep up the good fight! As I will, only I will be doing it in a better place.

I might have to get myself banned from Here, whoopie!

I was starting to feel itchy from the fleas anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing to make this a multiple front attack. Submitting to EA will bring more attention to the matter and hopefully bring some type of response.

Threads like this are still important though to rattle a few cages in game. Many of the bot vendors have either been brought down or they have hidden their wares away until the attention dies down. This week alone, many of them have taken items we have pointed out off their vendors. There was a thread featuring "Ingots/Gems/Blackrock" Guy and the Barbed Kit 2.5 m Guy a few weeks ago and those vendors are still down or empty.

Threads like this one have been one of the most effective ways I've ever seen to shut down at least some of these people/vendors.

G

<blockquote><hr>

e-bay DUPE !

Clint Eastwood Hat
j/k (no sweat though ...
)

[/ QUOTE ]

AHA!! Clint Eastwood "STYLE" Leather Cowboy Hat. A bad dupe at that since they got the name all wrong. If they were smart they would have copied the name correctly. At least for this one it was easy to see it was a dupe... Thanks for pointing it out! Whew... saved everyone a bundle on that one
$39.99 = 60-80 mil?

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

After reading the entire thread I thought I'd throw my hat into this ring of insanity and ask a completely different question regarding duped items in general - Vine Cord Sandals or otherwise.

A large number of people who have posted in this thread have suggested that everyone "should" know that the Vine Cord Sandals are duped if not simply because it is discussed "ad-nauseum" here on Stratics. However, isn't there a HUGE assumption that everyone who play UO also reads these forums? What if... and I know it's a huge stretch to imagine this... but what if there is an individual out there who does play UO and doesn't look at any UO-based websites other than the official website. It's possible isn't it?

So with that in mind... here's a scenario for you with a fictional character we'll call Little Jimmy. Little Jimmy has been playing UO for a few years now and has saved up all of his pennies (gold pennies) playing UO religiously whenever he has a spare moment to breathe. One day he's walking through town (any town other than Luna because he doesn't like that town) and sees the most wonderful, shiny object that he has never seen before. He asks the vendor how much for "The Cowboy Hat of Clint Eastwood" and almost chokes when he is told, matter-of-factly, 8 million gold pieces. Well... after much deliberation he decides to purchase the object of his desire and runs home to put it on display for all his neighbors to see (and envy). The next morning he wakes up and sees... "a wide brimmed hat".

Funny story? Not if you're Little Jimmy. He was minding his own business, reading the UO website as his source of information and there wasn't any information to be found about his now nerfed Cowboy Hat.

To my knowledge, and I am sure someone out there will correct me if I am wrong, there are only a few specific things listed by EA which are considered illegal. I realize that in their ToS that duping itself is illegal and that anything that is modified is illegal as well but my point is this... If EA doesn't step up to the plate and begin to list any/ all items which have been duped/ altered/ modified and "officially" inform players, the where is the fairness when they decide to nerf these items? Are they relying on other websites or word of mouth about these things? They really should take some ownership on this - at least they would have a leg to stand on if they decided to nerf or remove Vine Cord Sandals from the game.

And for the record... I could care less about them. It's more about the bigger picture and how EA needs to take ownership of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point and I do not find it funny. Many of us have been Little Jimmy over the years in one form or the other. And like us, Little Jimmy would have every right to be angry and disappointed.

But what if, we were standing nearby and over heard Little Jimmy asking about this new shiny and we knew it was an object that could be ruined in the future because some unscruptulous person had cheated and was slowly selling them off for exorbitant prices. Is it our obligation to tell Little Jimmy? Or as some have suggested, keep quiet and let Little Jimmy risk his hard earned gold?

What if the vendor/seller of this hat is a "respected" member of the hat community who knew where the cowboy hat came from but didn't tell Jimmy?

As a matter of principle, that is exactly why the sale of "The Cowboy Hat of Clint Eastwood" should not be condoned.

We also should not have to post over and over again about the same subject until action is taken by EA/Mythic either. I absolutely agree with you on these points.

"It's more about the bigger picture and how EA needs to take ownership of the situation."

If they were proactive instead of reactive, a very great deal of these things would no longer be an issue.

Many suggestions have been offered that may yet save the "Little Jimmys" of the world but still we see no action.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Minor question ...
From where does this:"Little Jimmy would have every right to be angry and disappointed"

From where is this "right" derived?

Certainly not from: "game play subject to change "
Nor from: "As Is , As Available"

Not in the TOS, the ROC ... The EULA ... so ...

I don't see anywhere a claim "because I want it" or paid for it, or expected it ... or
"because I didn't know" ... confers THAT right ...

IF it is a right ... then surely lil jimmy ... has a "right" to act upon his disappointment and anger ...
Smash the Keyboard, the mouse the monitor, the box ... rip the internet wires from the house ...
post a spewing hatefill post ... go on a killing spree ...
I mean ... it only follows ... aye?

I think not

with your premise I disagree.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like most people here are more interested in making sure that their fellow gamers who foolishly spent money on buying known duped items get "what they deserve" instead of getting the biggest culprits punished.

So, EA will maybe convert this into some worthless item. Good. We will all clap and go home. However, keep in mind that the biggest culprits have mostly cashed in. Just like they did with the changeling duped items or countless other times. They are not going to feel a pinch even. At best some stupid reseller will be netted. Too bad there are dozens more to take his or her place.

The cycle keeps repeating partly because the community is happy when the foolish end users are punished or when couple of houses are burnt. Then we go our way and some of us buy gold from websites without ever wondering where do they get the gold on all these shards? Could the owner of this website be one of the big bad guys that we spend hours whining and moaning about on U.Hall? However, you cannot blame the gold buyers either. In the end it is EA's job to go after these people. I appreciate the complication involved but there are many of us who can really help EA with this and unless they figure out a way to use real intel from the community they will always lose this fight and we will continue to pay the price.

N

nineninefour

<blockquote><hr>

It seems like most people...

... the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

G

"Next time, please don't spit random fictional garbage out of your mouth. Please post only when you know facts, like myself please."

Lmfao, you just did what i quoted. The Shrouds of Tal'Keesh were not recieved from killing her. Look at any accurate Rare's Site that documents how many Event Items are given. Only 4 Shrouds of Tal'Keesh were given out, not 12. All of the Shrouds of Tal'Keesh you see on Broker Sites are dupes, before they were duped, there were only 4 of them in existence. I forgot about the other Shrouds, my bad. Ask anyone on Napa, Dragon Slave included, about the "King of Dupers", they can verify all of what i've said about him.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The cycle keeps repeating partly because the community is happy when the foolish end users are punished or when couple of houses are burnt. Then we go our way and some of us buy gold from websites without ever wondering where do they get the gold on all these shards? Could the owner of this website be one of the big bad guys that we spend hours whining and moaning about on U.Hall? However, you cannot blame the gold buyers either. In the end it is EA's job to go after these people. I appreciate the complication involved but there are many of us who can really help EA with this and unless they figure out a way to use real intel from the community they will always lose this fight and we will continue to pay the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you get rid of them? Selling items/gold for RL$$ is not illegal.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should kill 2 birds with one stone. Let us use our snake skins
to create snake skin sandals or boots with resists on them. They could retain the color of the skin you use to make them. We were told the snake skins would be used for something eventually, why not snake skin boots?

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Next time, please don't spit random fictional garbage out of your mouth. Please post only when you know facts, like myself please."

Lmfao, you just did what i quoted. The Shrouds of Tal'Keesh were not recieved from killing her. Look at any accurate Rare's Site that documents how many Event Items are given. Only 4 Shrouds of Tal'Keesh were given out, not 12. All of the Shrouds of Tal'Keesh you see on Broker Sites are dupes, before they were duped, there were only 4 of them in existence. I forgot about the other Shrouds, my bad. Ask anyone on Napa, Dragon Slave included, about the "King of Dupers", they can verify all of what i've said about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about it's amazing lol. Well, I guess not. This is UOhall afterall.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Minor question ...
From where does this:"Little Jimmy would have every right to be angry and disappointed"

Certainly not from: "game play subject to change "
Nor from: "As Is , As Available"

Not in the TOS, the ROC ... The EULA ... so ...

I don't see anywhere a claim "because I want it" or paid for it, or expected it ... or
"because I didn't know" ... confers THAT right ...

IF it is a right ... then surely lil jimmy ... has a "right" to act upon his disappointment and anger ...
Smash the Keyboard, the mouse the monitor, the box ... rip the internet wires from the house ...
post a spewing hatefill post ... go on a killing spree ...
I mean ... it only follows ... aye?

I think not

with your premise I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok well I know better than to argue about words with you Fayled
so let's change that to "we can empathize with Little Jimmy on his loss".

There are no guarantees in this world or the other one.

Little Jimmy has many options but going on a killing spree is not justified. Let's not give Little Jimmy ideas

D

Duke X. Winter

I disagree with the way you state things.

I disagree with your disagreement.

I do think little Jimmy would have the right to be upset. What little Jimmy does not have the right to do is take it out on others. We all DO have rights to our own thoughts, feelings, and emotions. This is a basic right, and probably the only true right we have in a world of Privledges.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Ok well I know better than to argue about words with you Fayled
so let's change that to "we can empathize with Little Jimmy on his loss".

There are no guarantees in this world or the other one.

Little Jimmy has many options but going on a killing spree is not justified. Let's not give Little Jimmy ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

empathy

Not "really" a fix though ... eh? there's quite a few ways that a "Bad Deal" can be presented ... huh?

An educated player base, would go a lot further towards where "we want to be" ... not all the way though ...
The "culprits" WILL keep working the "grey area" ... looking for a "rube". case in point ...
compare with the "bad deal" linky ...
the "grey area" being worked ... player knowlege.

NOW ... lets go back to the topic ... Vine cord's ...
... wow! little bit of research ... and STILL there's trade going on in them ... BY THE "EXPERTS" WITH OTHER EXPERTS
what the hell? They Know that a recent cache of dupes were released, They Know (should) that the majority (if not ALL) of any deals/trades in vine cords ... are with dupes ...

Should we "empathize" with the experts ... when the music stops and most of THEM "get burned"?

Maybe ... with a long long stretch of some form of "-pathy" (pity, sym-, em-) FOR "Little Timmy" ...but the "Experts" too ?
By Blameing the "problem" on EA ?
EA should have fixed it ... EA should have prevented it ... EA should be policing better, EA should be listening/responding faster, EA should be more sensitive to the cries and jumbo threads about "issue" x, or y, or z ....

Maybe ... FOR "Little Timmy" ... but FOR the "Experts" too ?

EA has been offered "options" to effect a "fix" for vine cords

Delete them all
Delete all but some
Modify them all (nerf)
Create a "new" equal or better item

For little timmy ... any of those "would do"(to prevent a repeat occurence ...)
STILL gonna have to "empathize" with the experts for getting burned ...

G

From the Avg. Player point of view, Who Cares? I mean they cost so much, that only another duper could afford to buy them

Sandal Duper: "Get your vine sandals here, only 350 million"
Gold Check Duper: "Sure, i will take 2 sets of them", transfer done, "Thanks a lot ............Sucker"
Sandal Duper:, "No, ThankYou..........Sucker".....hehehe

Oh, and not every item in the game that is a dupe cost 300 million gold. Unless you are part of the Dupe network, the Avg Joe has no idea what MAY be Duped. Anytime you buy something from another player, or their vender, or cash, you MAY end up with a duped item. Anytime you sell something in game, it MAY have been paid for with a Duped Chek.

Hell, YOU could sell your greater Dragon to someone for 1 million. Then use that 1 million check to buy 5 colored Lamp Post. But the guy you bought them from is an undercover EA guy, and says your 1 million check is a Dupe, and your are Banned. That's why it is impossible to know for sure......

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

Nah ... sorry ... appearances aside ...

The "victums" AND the "culprits"
too many parallels to
Rubes at a traveling Carnival

Well YEAH! the carnies be some cheaters ... bes' get the sherif' run them outta the county !!

where ya head'd Jo'bob an AngelJane?
Nex' county o'er ... Carnies setting up there ...

Look ... I do NOT like ... cheaters ..
but
go over to the rares forum (take careful note of this thread topic)
search on "vine cord " ...
no ... wait ...
doh!

"All buyers are warned about vine cords already and it is their prerogative to still buy an item if they chose to do so. "

yeah ... call the States Attorney (not the sherif' Call EA ) ... the carnies are back ... and they gots a "permit" this time ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts, are by far, the most irritating combination of letters .... I have .... ever ... read. Just reading it makes me want to create a device that allows me to punch people in the face over the internet.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
empathy

Not "really" a fix though ... eh? there's quite a few ways that a "Bad Deal" can be presented ... huh?

An educated player base, would go a lot further towards where "we want to be" ... not all the way though ...
The "culprits" WILL keep working the "grey area" ... looking for a "rube". case in point ...
compare with the "bad deal" linky ...
the "grey area" being worked ... player knowlege.

NOW ... lets go back to the topic ... Vine cord's ...
... wow! little bit of research ... and STILL there's trade going on in them ... BY THE "EXPERTS" WITH OTHER EXPERTS
what the hell? They Know that a recent cache of dupes were released, They Know (should) that the majority (if not ALL) of any deals/trades in vine cords ... are with dupes ...

Should we "empathize" with the experts ... when the music stops and most of THEM "get burned"?

Maybe ... with a long long stretch of some form of "-pathy" (pity, sym-, em-) FOR "Little Timmy" ...but the "Experts" too ?
By Blameing the "problem" on EA ?
EA should have fixed it ... EA should have prevented it ... EA should be policing better, EA should be listening/responding faster, EA should be more sensitive to the cries and jumbo threads about "issue" x, or y, or z ....

Maybe ... FOR "Little Timmy" ... but FOR the "Experts" too ?

EA has been offered "options" to effect a "fix" for vine cords

Delete them all
Delete all but some
Modify them all (nerf)
Create a "new" equal or better item

For little timmy ... any of those "would do"(to prevent a repeat occurence ...)
STILL gonna have to "empathize" with the experts for getting burned ...

[/ QUOTE ]

*Laughs*

Ok Empathize doesn't fit either. I told you I knew better than to mince words with you. Suggestions?

99.8% of the buyers/sellers are well informed on the Rares Forum and know exactly what they are buying and exactly what they are selling. Apparently Cowboy Hats are available by the bag full today.

Remember the Original OP said Little Jimmy didnt read Stratics, only EA's Site so didn't realize there was any controversy regarding "The Cowboy Hat of Clint Eastwood" at all.

In conclusion:

Like Tomas Bryce, I don't like nor want to see innocent people burnt by this latest fiasco. I'd like to see the original monster go up in flames but without action by EA/Mythic how can this happen?

I acknowledge your command of the english language but will still only empathize with Little Jimmy and not the "Experts".

G

<blockquote><hr>

Your posts, are by far, the most irritating combination of letters .... I have .... ever ... read. Just reading it makes me want to create a device that allows me to punch people in the face over the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

F

Fayled Dhreams

deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole eh?

"I acknowledge your command of the english language but will still only empathize with Little Jimmy and not the "Experts". "

Why still ... "Little 'immy"(losing track of J's and T's
) and not the "Experts"?

The experts seem just as lost ... more info ... sure ... still ... the info is based on opinion and conjecture ... at best ...
OH! indeed ... there Maybe some "facts" in either/both sides presentations of "the issue" ...

BUT ... they're still trading IN the item in question ... just like little 'immy could be ...

Little 'immy ... still is gonna "get burned" by lack of knowlege
The "experts" are gonna get burned "inspite of" knowing whats what
the experts are "suffering" a different form of "Lack Of Knowlege"
Huh?

They're the ones to be pitied ... Little 'immy just needs be "educated" as to the nature of the "experts" ... lack of knowlege ...
and how little they actually care about "him" ... little 'immy needs to be educated about the "experts"

The experts are saying ... in the begining ... there was only one (or many... doesn't matter ... case of one makes it "clearer")
Only "one" CBhoCE ... and it was a rare and most desirable pixel ... then somehow ... the evil ones ... stole/traded/duped it ..

oh really ..?? ...

continued trade and sales of the item ... the pixel ...
should have ended right there ... eh?
IF it was the "pixels" ....
doesn't seem to be the case ... now does it?
WHY? oh wonderful and most knowlegeable "experts?"

Need some justification for trade ... pricing ... what?

Reminds me of the common occurrence, between "older wiser siblings" and their youngers ...
Big nickle for the little dime, two! shiney dimes for the dirty quarter
as long as no 'rents catch'em ... it IS the parents responsibility ...
right?

Where we are now ... huh? wanting the 'rents(EA) to step in ...

G'luck with that ...
Seriously
Good Luck with that.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" 'Immy? Are you down there? Helllloooo.."

" Um yes actually. I fell in. " *sighs*

" Well I could find a crook maybe and get you out."

" Umm...could you find something else please. "

" Oh! Right! Perhaps a strong branch or something. But while I am looking here is something to read to pass the time. " *tosses an object*

" Ouch! What is it? "

" A book. Can you see in there? "

" If you move out of the light a bit maybe. "

" Ok.." *Moves away from the rabbit hole*

" 'Jack of Diamonds an expose ( It's all about the gold).' ??? "

" Yes it is an enlightening read. Oh look! Here come the 'Rents !
They seem to have sacks of something? Oh dear! They are chasing your brothers. Wait! They dropped one. Let me look..... "

" Well what was it? "

" Odd...tis wooden nickels! "

F

Fayled Dhreams

wtb: "wooden nickle"
offer 2m per

wtb: "Original Edition" Jack of Diamonds
the un-abridged version
offer: pm/icq ...paypal, visa, cashiers check ONLY ...
US$ conversion rate on gp available, guarunteed confidentiality

Note: Little 'immy needs to learn to watch his step ...
orange cones and yellow tape don't seem to be sufficient

*notices "experts" covering fresh holes with lattices/leaves ... carefully placing 6gp piles on center*