• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vine cord sandals, obtainable?

M

MrMiagi

I saw some vine cord sandals with 5% to each resist, are these shoes obtainable in any way?

I

imported_Suzzy

It's 4% to each resist, and they are only currently attainable by buying them from a player who owns a pair.

G

Probably, but that aside, you can buy them from other people. I think they have fallen to 150m-350m area, from a billion or so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I saw some vine cord sandals with 5% to each resist, are these shoes obtainable in any way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That is if you want to buy a dupe.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated, you can certainly buy a pair for 150mil+, but be prepared for them to suddenly turn into Monk Sandals at any time in the future since all but one pair of them are dupes. There was only 1 pair of these sandals in the game, all others were created by dupers.

I do have a question though....

Didn't you JUST start playing UO? How is it you have all this gold to toss around on Heartwood runics, Barbed Kit Runics, Vine Cord Sandals, and whatever else it is that you're buying?

G

The best place to locate a seller would be the Rares Collector Forum.

There are reputable dealers there so you don't have to deal with someone you're not sure you trust, since it's a high-priced item. You can get info from the posters there about brokers too, should you need their services.

G

Maybe he didn't know what kind of a price and reputation that particular items carries.

Or, he could have lots of entertainment funds, hehe. *smiles*

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated, you can certainly buy a pair for 150mil+, but be prepared for them to suddenly turn into Monk Sandals at any time in the future since all but one pair of them are dupes. There was only 1 pair of these sandals in the game, all others were created by dupers.

Didn't you JUST start playing UO? How is it you have all this gold to toss around on Heartwood runics, Barbed Kit Runics, Vine Cord Sandals, and whatever else it is that you're buying?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a collector?

They've never destroyed duped rares except for shrouds. So I don't think it's very likely 'they' will start destroying vine cord sandies. Especially since a part of the buyers didn't know vine cord used to be unique and they can't trace back the original pair.

C

Connor_Graham

"They've never destroyed duped rares except for shrouds."

Exactly my point. That's recent, and they've now set a precedent, so it's very possible it could happen, especially considering how much of an edge those sandals give to suit building.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly my point. That's recent, and they've now set a precedent, so it's very possible it could happen, especially considering how much of an edge those sandals give to suit building.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree now that one duped object has been dealt with in such a way more could be and probably will be. I would use caution and do some research before buying anything rare and if you see a lot of people talking about it being duped all to hell and back I would avoid it until you are sure it is safe to invest in even if that means you are never certain and never end up buying the item based on that.

@ Connor isn't it possible he purchased gold online to start out? Not saying this is the case but anytime someone new to the game has a lot of gold this could easily be the case.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It will make it more likely that they will act in future dupes. Not with items that people have greatly invested in, in the past.
I really doubt they will start acting upon dupes that were year(s) ago. Especially since EA can't see which items are dupes, due to xsharding. With changeling items it was 100% obvious, due to the name.

How would you feel if your pretty item got deleted since someone else duped it? That's highly unethical and I do not think EA will do it.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

How would you feel if your pretty item got deleted since someone else duped it? That's highly unethical and I do not think EA will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
A few people's vendors got killed that were rented out of the torched script houses. One of the Devs also warned that if your vendor was on a house that was destroyed, you would lose all your stuff.
So yes, EA would destroy illegal items.

G

Vine cords were a one of a kind item. The person who originally had them sold them to someone else who either was the duper or sold them later down the line to the duper.

Since the original owner no longer is in posession of this item, then deleting them would not hurt. If you have a pair then chances are they are duped and should be destroyed or converted to "monk" sandals.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Vine cords were a one of a kind item. The person who originally had them sold them to someone else who either was the duper or sold them later down the line to the duper.

Since the original owner no longer is in posession of this item, then deleting them would not hurt. If you have a pair then chances are they are duped and should be destroyed or converted to "monk" sandals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a better option would be to either make them an anniversary gift option in the future or to make some footwear that's a special craftable with special ingredients that have the +4 to each resists on it.

Make them available to everyone who wants them or something similar.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a collector?

They've never destroyed duped rares except for shrouds. So I don't think it's very likely 'they' will start destroying vine cord sandies. Especially since a part of the buyers didn't know vine cord used to be unique and they can't trace back the original pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they don't bother with doing *anything* about the cloth dupes without mods.

Course these particular dupes have uber mods and will most certianly be the final nail in UO's pvp coffin if left unchecked.

The bod collector scripter I caught running 13 bod collectors on the hour every hour has recently obtained a pair.

Surprise, surprise. (Well no not really seeing as how she proudly displays an AOS rose named for UO's most famous duper in her Luna vendor house on Pac).

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i read on the rares collector forum that the original pair of vine chord sandles were destroyed when they banned the original owner . 6 pairs were duped. and all the existing pairs were iether one of the original 6 dupes or dupes of those dupes .

so this isnt like there are still legitimate sandles out there and who can tell if yours are duped or legit ... none are legit.

you are highly likely to have em go poof.

ill go dig up the article if you need it , but it was part of a larger discussion and others agreed with him so i thinks its true . (im not gonna spend a dime on em.)

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to the whole monk robe thing. They were able to identify which robes were dupes and which weren't, since the dog duped ones had the hue of robes but not the properties. So a change to these items wasn't a big deal. Notice how they didn't change the true duped robes since they had the properties? Same thing with vinecords. If they can't identify which ones were duped, how do they justify changing them? Atleast the dog duped ones were easy to identify, the true dupe ones... not so much.

edit: Just for further thought. If hypothetically they did change vinecords, they'd have to change Samariatan robe, Necro shroud, Shroud of Ari/Bal, Lt Guard Sash, Calm/Pacify/Quell/Subdue etc etc the list goes on, as they have been duped as well. So yea, they could do this, but then they'd have to change every duped item which you can argue is almost everything of value in the rares community.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

I think a better option would be to either make them an anniversary gift option in the future or to make some footwear that's a special craftable with special ingredients that have the +4 to each resists on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, they will wait to profits shrink again and offer them as a token for $9.95 like the Shroud of Shadows, Charger etc.

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, they will wait to profits shrink again and offer them as a token for $9.95 like the Shroud of Shadows, Charger etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a more likely scenario than changing vinecords. Just offering an item of equivalent usefulness that is easy to get. I could see that happening instead of changing vinecords.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to the whole monk robe thing. They were able to identify which robes were dupes and which weren't, since the dog duped ones had the hue of robes but not the properties. So a change to these items wasn't a big deal. Notice how they didn't change the true duped robes since they had the properties? Same thing with vinecords. If they can't identify which ones were duped, how do they justify changing them? Atleast the dog duped ones were easy to identify, the true dupe ones... not so much.

edit: Just for further thought. If hypothetically they did change vinecords, they'd have to change Samariatan robe, Necro shroud, Shroud of Ari/Bal, Lt Guard Sash, Calm/Pacify/Quell/Subdue etc etc the list goes on, as they have been duped as well. So yea, they could do this, but then they'd have to change every duped item which you can argue is almost everything of value in the rares community.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was really only ONE pair of vine cords in the game and now there are 6-100, what does that tell us?

That the owner of the originals ALLOWED the 'original' pair to be duped.

Therefore the original owner is either THE DUPER or EQUALLY GUILTY of participating in the duping which means that ALL pairs of vine cord sandals should be considered illegal at this point.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from what i gather the original owner was the one who duped the first 6 and got banned.(taking the only legit pair with him) so yeah they are all dupes at this point.

see the link 2 posts up

I

imported_Suzzy

I don't know how you can justify that statement. If I'm a rares dealer, I sell a rare then that buyer decides to dupe it, how is that my fault? I didn't know they were going to dupe the item?

A real world example would be, I own a gun store. I sell a gun legally. That gun is used to murder someone. Are you going to prosecute me for accessory to a murder cause I sold someone a gun legally? Yeah, exactly... doesn't make sense does it.

But anyway, back to the point at hand. It'd be a better idea to put an item of equal value into the game instead of getting rid of it. As I pointed out, if you change vinecords, you have to change pretty much every rare out there as they have all been duped at one point, as Tomas' item dupe list in the rares forum has shown.

G

The solution is simple, have all the old rares available with tokens in a future anniversary pack (11th anniversary edition, EA?) or an expansion (SA if it's ever released?), but change the names and/or color to keep the originals rare, or just kill the value of the rares. I don't deal in the rares business, but from reading it sounds like a lot of them are duped anyway, so lets just legally dupe them for once.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

A real world example would be, I own a gun store. I sell a gun legally. That gun is used to murder someone. Are you going to prosecute me for accessory to a murder cause I sold someone a gun legally? Yeah, exactly... doesn't make sense does it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a very good example there. IF the gun control nuts ever get their way that will be exactly the case. There are bills out there that have basically included that kind of language but luckily they got SHOT down

IMO, selling a rare to someone who is a known/suspected duper would make you just as guilty. However, we all know there are times someone sneaks under the radar who is a duper and gets their hands on one. Only guilty one then is the duper.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know how you can justify that statement. If I'm a rares dealer, I sell a rare then that buyer decides to dupe it, how is that my fault? I didn't know they were going to dupe the item?

But anyway, back to the point at hand. It'd be a better idea to put an item of equal value into the game instead of getting rid of it. As I pointed out, if you change vinecords, you have to change pretty much every rare out there as they have all been duped at one point, as Tomas' item dupe list in the rares forum has shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Value Smalue.

Use your mechant gibber gabber to impress those who buy virtual items for cash.

It has zero effect on me.

The solution for EA Mythic when faced with duping is to either regain control of their property (the game itself, UO) and punish the dupers, wipe all the dupes from the game AND/OR, if they can not beat the dupers (they haven't a clue) THEN place the newest duped item on a vendor for 500 gp so THAT all players can enjoy them and the GAME WILL BE FAIR FOR ALL PLAYERS, not just the dupers, scripters and their buddies, which is Mythic's current policy on duping.

I

imported_Suzzy

The example doesn't matter, it was just something I thought of on the fly, the point is what matters. Holding someone liable for another person's actions is blatant irresponsibility, when the person in question is completely innocent. It may not be the case in the example of the vinecords, because apparently people have already speculated that the original owner was the duper. How they've come to that determination is unknown, but that is the consensus.

The Samaritan robes have been duped... do we hold the ones who originally got those via the Clean up Britannia rewards responsible for them being duped? No, we don't.

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Value Smalue.

The solution for EA Mythic when faced with duping is to either regain control of their property (the game itself, UO) and punish the dupers, wipe all the dupes from the game AND/OR, if they can not beat the dupers (they haven't a clue) THEN place the newest duped item on a vendor for 500 gp so THAT all players can enjoy them and the GAME WILL BE FAIR FOR ALL PLAYERS, not just the dupers, scripters and their buddies, which is Mythic's current policy on duping.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my post clearly, you just agreed with my own proposal, so thanks. I bolded it for you just in case you missed it. Anyway, I'm glad we agree that putting an item of equal value into the game is a better idea than changing the duped items.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Value Smalue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my post clearly, you just agreed with my own proposal, so thanks. I bolded it for you just in case you missed it. Anyway, I'm glad we agree that putting an item of equal value into the game is a better idea than changing the duped items.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say you are a "rares" trader and you just agreed that the vine cord sandals are worth 500 gold.

I

imported_Suzzy

I don't recall ever saying I'm a rares dealer, but yes, I guess I am. And I don't mind if vinecords were bought and sold for 500 gold, I think that would help the community more than hurt it. So yes, sell it for 500 gold, that'd be great.

In fact, I'd even go so far as saying that they should sell every unique item out there for a low low price. Hell, make all types of suits and such for pvp purchaseable for a low price, then get rid of insurance so it's kinda like the old days... but I guess that's taking it too far at once. One step at a time I say.

Anyway, yes, sell em' for 500 gold. I wouldn't mind that at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the comparable real world laws and practices to consider would be possession of stolen property and copyright violation. In many systems of law, anything which can be proven to be stolen property will be confiscated without compensation. Also, the various copyright-enforcement entities like the RIAA consider possession of duped material to be grounds for a lawsuit (although this is pretty shaky ground).

Now I can't claim to know the culture and practices of rares dealers so I may be out of line here, but based on the posts I've seen over the years, much of the merchant class seems to have a very cavalier attitude towards dealing with dupers and scripters.

That having been said, I can sympathize that it is really hard for a rares dealer to know the difference between a good deal and too good a deal and although there have been a few disciplinary smackdowns, they don't seem to happen very quickly or consistently, not to mention the fact that the exploits should not have been possible in the first place. I know that I bought and ate a couple of +25 stat scrolls at a time last year when they were more common than they seem to be today, so may well be touched by the whole thing too.

(and while I'm meandering on this post ...there is no ideal world and there is a danger that as bugs and exploits are fixed, the value of rares will rise to the point where exploiters simply put in a higher level of effort finding loopholes because of the increased reward-to-risk)

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so if they delete all of the dupes who looses?? 99 percent of players have never seen or owned them!!!!!!!!

M

MrMiagi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me I wish I had 150 mill to get me some of those sandals, they would fill the last 5 to my resists.

M

MrMiagi

So these sandals are all dupes? Well this just takes the piss then, I saw someone wearing them earlier. If they're so obviously duped they should be removed from the game.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

so if they delete all of the dupes who looses?? 99 percent of players have never seen or owned them!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold sellers, dupers, scripters, cheaters and dumbasses because those are the UO players who have them.

Maybe you meant 99% of Wow players? Most Wow players have never heard of UO and we can all be fairly sure that they have never seen or owned any duped vine cord sandals in UO.

Not counting UO/WOW gold sellers who have their finger in everything and anything that spells $$ in either game.

M

MrMiagi

Haha, a lot of wow players even think wow was the first MMO...

I

imported_ParadoxUO

I read something funny...

"All there is in the game belongs to everyone... parallel economy is a fluke that will be adressed and countered... and I'll make sure that happens."

I think it was Marshal Law that said that...

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

Probably, but that aside, you can buy them from other people. I think they have fallen to 150m-350m area, from a billion or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean you can buy them from the same person over and over as in he controls the market on dupes, look on the rares forum, he has sold the same rares over and over for months which happen to be the most prized rares, there is your list of items to nerf and who needs banned...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean you can buy them from the same person over and over as in he controls the market on dupes, look on the rares forum, he has sold the same rares over and over for months which happen to be the most prized rares, there is your list of items to nerf and who needs banned...

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe that is so true

sadly the stratics team dosent mind the duped items sale on the forum even thou EA said its illigal

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a collector?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see a problem deleting the whole bunch of vine cord sandies. since there was only one to begin with and the hundreds out there now are obviously dupe's get rid of them all.

or add them to green thorn prizes
so EVERYONE can have them.

250 mil for duped sandies... whatever. give you 1 gold from the brit sewer rat invasion for a pair.

G

well on rares forum you pay 450 mill and the mill sells 1.75 $ if you look ....

so they make close to 1k REAL LIFE $$ for the duped item....

makes me sad

G

<blockquote><hr>

give you 1 gold from the brit sewer rat invasion for a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That's about what I feel they are worth myself. You gave me a good giggle this morning, Lord Kynd. *smiles*

I have to question the sanity of anyone who would pay $1,000 dollars for some pixels you really don't even own. Especially just *one* item, duped at that. *shrugs*

I

imported_ParadoxUO

<blockquote><hr>

well on rares forum you pay 450 mill and the mill sells 1.75 $ if you look .... so they make close to 1k REAL LIFE $$ for the duped item....

[/ QUOTE ]

... add to that the $ from powerscrolls, stat scrolls, artefacts (duped?)... and you will find a reason to make artefacts easier to get and powerscrolls/stat scrolls obtainable on Trammel... why? because these fair gents that control felluca... do it with the purpose of making a profit in RL... and they cheat to achieve their goals... cams, speehacks, third party..etc.

BUT... like I said many times... PVP will be the last thing the devs will adress because it will be the one thing that will CHANGE/IMPROVE/KILL/SAVE UO. No one is sure about the outcome of any PVP change... specially one that targets the cheaters.

(update: 27 characters reported, 5 removed)

G

RTLFC

To me, it's really simple.

All the existing Vine Cord Sandles are dupes. There was only one original pair, they were destroyed when the owners account was banned.

Given that knowledge, there can be only one answer. Delete them all.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Why not turn them all into horse shoes... would be a fun jest on all the dupers.

M

MrMiagi

I say it's a farse that people are still wearing these things even though they are all illegal items, originally I wanted a pair, 4-5% to each resist, who wouldn't? To be fair to all players they should all be removed from the game.

C

Connor_Graham

I think they should all be turned into stuffy-style jackass slippers with the tag "Fuzzy Jackass".

I

imported_ParadoxUO

psst, I was making a jest calling the sandal users horseshoe material...

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was really only ONE pair of vine cords in the game and now there are 6-100, what does that tell us?

Therefore the original owner is either THE DUPER or EQUALLY GUILTY of participating in the duping which means that ALL pairs of vine cord sandals should be considered illegal at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% agree!