• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet Age Token...

Status
Not open for further replies.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for clearly pointing out why 15 years is such a milestone deserving of special items within a system that has been in place for years and rewards all ages. You get rewards for years other then 14 and 15 bud. Deal with it :)

Just to name a coupe of examples, the Davies' Locker Table, an item very highly usefull and wanted, was infact made an 8th Year veteran Reward. Red Soulstones, are a 1st Year Veteran reward !!

Personally, I see Ultima Online's Veteran program as a very well thought out program, well assorted with desirable items all across the board and furthermore, well maintained every year with new additions not only for the oldest year but also for years below that.

Shard Shields is not a problem at all by all means, IMHO, it has been a great idea for players who have been loyal to the game for all these years maintaining their accounts as active. If there is a particular need for more players to transfer across shards, then reducing the price of regular transfer tokens (which by the way do not suffer from all of the limitations that Shard Shields have....) could be a much better choice than messing up with a very good and great Veteran Program. That's at least my view on it.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that any game should ever make anyone wait 15 years for content. Consider exactly what that means in terms of real life. A 10 year old kid playing today is probably not going to be playing at 25 years of age. He will never access that content. Hell a percentage of players will actually die, in real life, before they ever access that content.
People will buy, and pay off, brand new vehicles and homes within that span of time. There will have been at least 2 presidents in the US and probably 2 wars will have come and gone as well.
The economy will collapse and rise once, maybe even twice.

I mean do you guys even grasp how long 15 years is? I am 34 and that is almost half of everything I have experienced in life, for what? A garden shed? lol.

Top that off with the reality that most gamers don't play any game for 15 years, so the 15 year system (soon to be 16) only caters to a few people and gives them game content that no one else can access, which is unfair and bad game design.

I do not think that a Garden Shed is anything that could be considered a game needed item.
To my view, the game can be perfectly played and quite fully also without garden sheds !!
All they do is add a few extra storage, so what ?? A bigger house also adds bigger storage, and also upgrading an account can get extra storage.

The Shard Shields ? Regular Transfer Tokens (which are by the way much more flexible and better that Shard Shields...) are available to all players through purchase so Shard Shields are not the only, exclusive way to transfer across shards.

That is why I think that Ultima Online's Veteran Program is very well thought out, because the items it provides across the various years are well thought out to be desireable as it should be to motivate players to maintain their accounts as active so as to move up the ladder and yet, are not items that are needed to fully play the game.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that any game should ever make anyone wait 15 years for content....
I mean do you guys even grasp how long 15 years is? I am 34 and that is almost half of everything I have experienced in life, for what? A garden shed? lol
Lots of us had to wait 15 years for content - why can't you? Is the sole reason you're playing this game just so that one day you can have a 15th year vet reward? Why not just enjoy the 99.9% of the content to which you do have access instead of obsessing over the 0.1% that is currently out of your reach. Or is the lack of the garden shed keeping you from "winning" UO?

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lots of us had to wait 15 years for content - why can't you?
This is a poor argument. Just because you had to put up with it doesn't mean that everyone should have to.

Is the sole reason you're playing this game just so that one day you can have a 15th year vet reward?
If the vet reward isn't that big of a deal then why do you care so much about other people using it?

Why not just enjoy the 99.9% of the content to which you do have access instead of obsessing over the 0.1% that is currently out of your reach. Or is the lack of the garden shed keeping you from "winning" UO?
I've only made a few posts in this thread and I have only offered my thoughts on why the design is bad and alternative game designs that could be implemented in it's place.
I already won UO a long time ago and it didn't take me 15 years, let me know when you catch up to me :)

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for clearly pointing out why 15 years is such a milestone deserving of special items within a system that has been in place for years and rewards all ages. You get rewards for years other then 14 and 15 bud. Deal with it :)
You don't get the same rewards for all ages and that is where the fault lies.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that I have shard shields and I am not moving anything between any shards except my pvpers.

I also know that 99% of everything supposedly moving across shards to unbalance the economy is only happening in the minds of jealous players with nothing better to do then whine at the devs :)

But would you like to compare the amount of items moving month to month with tokens that have been purchased to the items that are supposedly moving month to month via shield tokens? That would be laughable bro.
And another BS attempt, you know %99, you don't know squat and that is proven everytime you open your mouth. It must be true because as you state you only use them for PvP so it must be a fact that is what they are used for. There are a lot more of these shields than you think. Just look around the low population shards to see them and then think how many are on Alt. Can't wait to see how much more utter BS you can spew. LOL

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that any game should ever make anyone wait 15 years for content. Consider exactly what that means in terms of real life.
... content that no one else can access, which is unfair and bad game design.
So the real life is unfair. I cannot access stuff now easy, which was available 15 years back or people could not access stuff back then, which is easy accessible now.
Or if we go back to game: A player starting now will never have access to shards that packed with other players, as we had back in that time, will never make the same experience as we made back in that time now and so on.

This entire discussion goes about greed - some do not like what older players have and they not, some think (or say they think) older players are greedy because they have played longer and simply wish to keep some stuff, which honors their long time playing and paying.

Last edited:

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's throw out another scenerio to make transparent the unfair advantage of shard shields being made exclusive.

Player A has 2 shard shields and transfers every month from Shard X to Shard Y. 24 Transfers a Year. Every non -14th Veteran in order to do the same thing would have to fork out for 24 transfer tokens at 45-50M per for approximately 1080M – 1200M annually to accomplish the same thing.

We’ll round it down so that a Veteran with 2 Shard Shield saves 1 Billion Gold a year on transfers. After 5 years of doing this the player has saved 5 Billion in gold. But this is in no way unfair or unbalancing to other players. :lie:

BG said it best Shard Shields allow players to manipulate the UO Economy. Listen to Global Chat..you'll here one of two things 90% of the time. People trash talkng PvP or players engaged in the selling and buying of items. It's a huge part of UO.

Soulstones are sold at the UOStore so they should be removed as well.:rolleyes2:

Every Veteran Reward should be available at the UOStore. The only reward for being a Veteran should instead of having to pay for it at the store you received free choices, and next year you get 2 more for free. End of Story.

The word Greed is an appropriate term. I don't know how you can accuse those who don't have of being greedy. We're just asking for a level playing field when items are too unfair and unbalancing.

And another BS attempt, you know %99, you don't know squat and that is proven everytime you open your mouth.
:thumbup::lol:

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't get the same rewards for all ages and that is where the fault lies.
If the rewards were all the same regardless of the account's active age, then I personally cannot see what would be the point of having a Veteran Program at all. I mean, if the rewards for year 1 were to be the same as those for year 2 and for year 3 and so on up to year 15, then maintaining an account as active past year 1 would get nothing added in regards to account's active age in terms of Veteran Rewards. As a Player, I would then deactivate the account during those times I do not want to log since I would know that if I ever come back to the game, I would still qualify to claim any existing Veteran reward regardless from what the active acocunt age of my account was (and my deactivating of the account would cause loss of monthly subscription resources to UO for all the time I would keep my account deactivated). I could not agree with a Veteran program like this as I do not think it would be usefull to Ultima Online.

I prefer more the existing Veteran Program that Ultima Online has which is, to my opinion, well thought out, well assorted across the years from 1 to 15 and also well maintaned every year that goes by with more rewards added not just for the oldest year but also for years below that.

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If the rewards were all the same regardless of the account's active age, then I personally cannot see what would be the point of having a Veteran Program at all. I mean, if the rewards for year 1 were to be the same as those for year 2 and for year 3 and so on up to year 15, then maintaining an account as active past year 1 would get nothing added in regards to account's active age in terms of Veteran Rewards. As a Player, I would then deactivate the account during those times I do not want to log since I would know that if I ever come back to the game, I would still qualify to claim any existing Veteran reward regardless from what the active acocunt age of my account was (and my deactivating of the account would cause loss of monthly subscription resources to UO for all the time I would keep my account deactivated). I could not agree with a Veteran program like this as I do not think it would be usefull to Ultima Online.

I prefer more the existing Veteran Program that Ultima Online has which is, to my opinion, well thought out, well assorted across the years from 1 to 15 and also well maintaned every year that goes by with more rewards added not just for the oldest year but also for years below that.
You don't get an unlimited amount of points each year so you're not really getting everything at year one.

btw, if you're paying for an account just to get a pixel garden shed in 15 years then just give me the 1800 ish dollars and I will build you a real shed.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There is a point where the notion of "just being patient" becomes comical, if not idiotic, and it lies somewhere this side of telling someone to wait 20% of the average human lifespan for a particular veteran reward.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Points would of been a better system. Earn points every month an account is active. Monthly points earned on an account will increase in ammount every few years of endless activation.

Garden Shed 1500 points. Running active accounts earn 10 points a month for the first three years. 5 point increase to monthly earning every three years of running activation.

And those chiming in without an active account will never get the points ................................ here.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Since a number of posters here claim those with Shard Shields are just using them to pvp and not to work the economy I went ahead and screen captured a conversation taking place on Origin last night. I blotted out the names but one of the two people involved posts on UHall a bunch. You can follow the conversation where one player obtained three items today and he will not sell to the other player because they are worth more on Atlantic and he just made 200 million doing the same thing last week. I can tell you based on other posts the player has made he does own shard shields. This is just an example , In my opinion, on how shard shields are breaking the game.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
In a follow up to my post above...

Here is the real dagger when it comes to the Shard Shields. While I have no proof I'd guess the median account age in UO is 9 years. Just from casual observation there are more people with 12+ years than 5 or less. Right now only a smal percent of UO accounts have the shard shields but in 3 or so years lets say 40% of the accounts have the ability. I think once a large enough population have the ability it will force the "not haves" out of the game. It is probably safe to say that if everyone with an account that is less than 8 years old quit the game would be over.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a follow up to my post above...

Here is the real dagger when it comes to the Shard Shields. While I have no proof I'd guess the median account age in UO is 9 years. Just from casual observation there are more people with 12+ years than 5 or less. Right now only a smal percent of UO accounts have the shard shields but in 3 or so years lets say 40% of the accounts have the ability. I think once a large enough population have the ability it will force the "not haves" out of the game. It is probably safe to say that if everyone with an account that is less than 8 years old quit the game would be over.
A random conversation about dealing that never once mentions or refers to shard shields. Wow, that's some serious detective work there bro.

Assuming that the deal was done without shard shields (since they are never mentioned and they are still extremely uncommon) your cute little conversation does nothing other then illustrate that players are making a ton of gold xsharding with store bought tokens. So what's your issue again?

I guess I could post a random conversation about pvp and then say that I know for a fact that the person in the conversation is a 14 year vet that pvps on multiple shards so he must have used shields to pvp on both shards? Huh?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a point where the notion of "just being patient" becomes comical, if not idiotic, and it lies somewhere this side of telling someone to wait 20% of the average human lifespan for a particular veteran reward.
You are correct.

"telling someone to wait 20% of the average human lifespan for a particular veteran reward" would be incorrect and comical as you actually have to wait about 80% of your life to claim social security/retirement.

Nice job bro :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A random conversation about dealing that never once mentions or refers to shard shields. Wow, that's some serious detective work there bro.

Assuming that the deal was done without shard shields (since they are never mentioned and they are still extremely uncommon) your cute little conversation does nothing other then illustrate that players are making a ton of gold xsharding with store bought tokens. So what's your issue again?

I guess I could post a random conversation about pvp and then say that I know for a fact that the person in the conversation is a 14 year vet that pvps on multiple shards so he must have used shields to pvp on both shards? Huh?
And yet another line of BS based on no facts. I know Origin has 4 people with these shields (FACT), Baja has 6 people with these shields (FACT), I stopped at 10 on Pac from Luna houses. In a short time that is 20 accounts with these and you state as a FACT that these are extremely uncommon. And you know for a fact that those players were using store bought tokens and no way could they have used Shard Shields. Awaits yet another line of BS.

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of us had to wait 15 years for content - why can't you? Is the sole reason you're playing this game just so that one day you can have a 15th year vet reward? Why not just enjoy the 99.9% of the content to which you do have access instead of obsessing over the 0.1% that is currently out of your reach. Or is the lack of the garden shed keeping you from "winning" UO?
amen

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No 15 year Veteran has had to wait for anything. Every time a new reward has been created they've had direct access to it.

"I had to wait 15 years for Shard Shields...so should you!". Shard Shields first introduced a year ago.:rolleyes:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my shields for moveing things i need to my other characters as well to sell some i have abundance of on Atlantic... Blood Ghoul has it right if that were the case on just 1 shard. The main idea here is that the OP wants to buy or get from gft from the dev a token to age their account....
I do not agree with it.
Simple reason is I played for those 15 years .. and paid.
Oh I dont mean that a new player should not have access to some rewards as is done now.. but to wait 3 years for a simple horse ethy is asking alot...or the use of a dye tub. so I do agree with the ability to use said items of perhaps year 5 on down by all players..... I do not agree that you should be able to buy your way up to the Shard Shields!
I ask you this............ if a child of 10 askes you for the car keys do you give them to them?.... no thats silly as the drivign age is 16................. soooo if that 10 year old played uo from 97 to now that same child is now 25 + and well able to drive that car....

Look
The average uo player has been gifted to death and the only thing that sets the vets apart is their gift ranges... Did that first year earn the shard sheilds? no Do they need one?
I for one do not think so. Transfer tokens are out there to move and the uo store sells them...
I paid for my game time.... and 15 years is not chicken feed... Money wise or time wise.

Vets were given this for the time they devoted to UO...

Is it fair? Yes I and many others did our time in the game to earn those rewards... I can see the flack over single account use... but I do understand its need too.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No 15 year Veteran has had to wait for anything. Every time a new reward has been created they've had direct access to it.

"I had to wait 15 years for Shard Shields...so should you!". Shard Shields first introduced a year ago.:rolleyes:
Allow me to clarify..and let's get off the shard shields since I personally have already agreed they were a horrible idea, but I also think store transfer tokens are a horrible idea and would like them to all vanish (but that's another thread).

When I and others have stated that we had to "wait" 15 years for this content, perhaps we could have phrased it better and said...

"we've played "x" number of years without this content, why can't others?"

Meaning, as I posted before, most of us played quite happily for 10+ years without a seed box, locker, etc and could have quite easily continued to play without these. But someone at EA decided that because of our loyalty (in paying our subscriptions every month for "x' number of years) they would give us some useful pixels. That's all. Funny thing is, after my last post I was thinking I should have rephrased it or else someone was going to jump on it, thanks for not disappointing me.

And the next point someone is going to make is that "these things didn't exist 1, 2, 15, etc. years ago so it's not like we were "denied" content" ...to which someone would reply, "that's right, and you weren't around back then to not enjoy that content, but now you are around to not enjoy that content, so welcome to our past, glad you're catching up" ..and yes you'll have a reply to that ( I know I do)...and around and around we go with both sides rephrasing the same arguments. Wheeeee....:gee:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my view, the Veteran program in Ultima Online is a step by step thing with players moving every year one step at a time onto the next year goodies and so on from one year to the other.

And when I say that the program is in my view very well thought out, it is because I see that with every step come rewards that are nice to have but the game can be played even without them.
Of course, some rewards might be liked by some players and some others by other players as liking a given reward may vary but personally, I see many of the low/mid years having very very nice Veteran rewards.

To my view, it is not like all Veteran rewards but the Shard Shields are junk that noone may want to get.
For example, personally I like a whole lot from Year 1 the Black, Furniture and Special Dye Tubs, any of the 14 Monster Statues offered for that year which make sounds when walked near, the Red Soulstone, the Commodity Deed Box, the Crystal and Corrupted Crystal Portals, the Greater Bracelet of Binding and the Ethereal Horse. That's a LOT of very nice rewards for just the first Year, IMHO !!

From Year 2 I like a lot the Leather Dye Tub, the Flaming Head Deed, and the Banner Deed which make very nice decorations. Year 3 I like the Cow, Llama and Zombie statues which make noice when walked nearby, the ethereal llama is my favourite ethereal mount and the Potted Cactus is also quite nice.
From Year 4 I find very usefull the Runebook Dye Tub and the Hanging Skeleton is a cool deco item, the Seed Box is a wonderfully usefull item to save up space and the Mongbat, Ophidian and Reaper statues also can be very nice to have to make sounds when one walks near them.
The Year 5 has in the list also cool and usefull items that I like such as the Metallic and Metallic Leather Dye Tubs, the Ankh and the Bloody Pentagram as well as the Fire Elemental, Gazer and Wolf statues which make noise.

And I could continue with the Years past the 5th (the Character Statue Maker, the Cannon, the Weapon Engraving Tool, Davies' Locker Table, the Ankh of Sacrifice, Mining Cart, Skull/Rose/Dolphin Rugs come to my mind among several others....) but it would just make the post longer.

I am only trying to say that as a player's account active age increases, Ultima Online's Veteran Program has very nice rewards to offer at every step. Some Years may have more like Year 1 that have lots, some years less, but the thing I like a lot is that moreless all Years have something nice to offer that may be wanted by players as their account's active age increases.

And most importantly, every Year not just the Reward for the oldest year is added, but also something nice and usefull is often added for years below. The Davies' Locker Table which was added as an 8th year Veteran Reward is just the latest example. That is, to my opinion, Ultima Online's Veteran Reward program is very well thought out, very well assorted across all years and most importantly, is well maintained as the years increase with new additions not only for the oldest year but often also for years below that, so as to make moreless all years an interesting journey in terms of rewards that one can get one step after the other, as a player's active account age increases one year after the other.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blood Ghoul

You've got it right again and we're seeing the effects exactly of what your describing over the course of the year. There's a serious inflation problem going on in the game right now. Skyrockting inflation and it's not just tokens sold at the store for the exact reasons you describe.

Why sell on your home shard when you can transfer for free and double your money? The introduction of Shard Shields has just compounded this.

Since I have to pay more for items I in turn raise the price on goods that I sell.

One month ago I saw 2 Breastplates of the Berserker siting on a GL vendor for over 2 weeks at 20M each. I wanted them very bad. It was a good deal but in order to get my hands on it it would have cost me 100M in transfers and 20M for the BoB. So 120M for a BoB.

On Atlantic they've been priced at 50M (way overpriced!). One week they're at 20M on GL the next week they're at 35M on Atlantic and then then 2 weeks later they're showing up at priced at 50M on Atlantic. Trust me I've been watching them on all shards for over a month now. Something is very wrong when an item sits on one shard at 20M for over 2 weeks and a month later turns up on Atlantic and priced at 50M.

Less items are showing up on people's homeshard and more and more items are being brought to Atlantic which is the hub of commerce.

I'm sure this is great for the gold sites but I'm not sure what the long term effects will have on Ultima Online. There is no doubt what we've been seeing over the past year is a direct result of the introduction of Shard Shields.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet another line of BS based on no facts. I know Origin has 4 people with these shields (FACT), Baja has 6 people with these shields (FACT), I stopped at 10 on Pac from Luna houses. In a short time that is 20 accounts with these and you state as a FACT that these are extremely uncommon. And you know for a fact that those players were using store bought tokens and no way could they have used Shard Shields. Awaits yet another line of BS.
20 accounts huh? That's absolutely astounding! Now I see what you have been talking about all this time. That is so unbalancing I may just quit tonight.

Or maybe we could do the math together and arrive at the % of all players that have shard shields?

It will be a very, very low % thus making them extremely uncommon as I stated. Whats your point again?

Good job though spending your game time hopping around shards to investigate shard shields.

Do you think you may have an obsession?

Btw, if I type some piece of random info on a website and bracket it in caps does it mean that it then actually becomes a (FACT)?

That's good to know Lord Frodo. Tyvm

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20 accounts huh? That's absolutely astounding! Now I see what you have been talking about all this time. That is so unbalancing I may just quit tonight.

Or maybe we could do the math together and arrive at the % of all players that have shard shields?

It will be a very, very low % thus making them extremely uncommon as I stated. Whats your point again?

Good job though spending your game time hopping around shards to investigate shard shields.

Do you think you may have an obsession?

Btw, if I type some piece of random info on a website and bracket it in caps does it mean that it then actually becomes a (FACT)?

That's good to know Lord Frodo. Tyvm
:loser: Just more utter BS from the clueless one. OMG people I have an extremely uncommon item, that must mean it is very rare. WOW anybody wanna buy (for UO gold) an extremely uncommon rare item, it has been verified by none other than Mr Goldberg. Do I have an obsession other than to show just how full of utter BS you truely are, nope. Already knowing where most of these are was no problem at all, some of us do play more than one shard and some of us know shard traders so it wasn't hard at all. Awaits yet another BS post. :lol:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I had to wait several years to play this new expansion so everyone else should have to wait too.
UO didn't come out until I was 20 years old. Everyone who wants to play UO should have to wait 20 years before being allowed to play. After all, I did, so they should too.

Boy "logic" really gets fun when you count the time before something was invented as "waiting". I'm really loving it watching these people compare veteran rewards to Social Security and stuff like that. They're doing a masterful job of sounding like irrelevant forum kooks, and not like a constituency anyone should care about.

Last edited:

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UO didn't come out until I was 20 years old. Everyone who wants to play UO should have to wait 20 years before being allowed to play. After all, I did, so they should too.

Boy "logic" really gets fun when you count the time before something was invented as "waiting". I'm really loving it watching these people compare veteran rewards to Social Security and stuff like that. They're doing a masterful job of sounding like irrelevant forum kooks, and not like a constituency anyone should care about.
Hmmm, does that mean that you technically didn't have veteran rewards for 35 years and should therefore be given over twice as much as rewards as currently exists?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just re-read this entire thread and found only one relatively young player - virtualhabitat

Here are a few of his replies:

"I have two accts. One is just over 2 years and the other is just under 2 years. the ethy mount issue was a problem at first, but I have chargers now. They were too expensive, frankly"

"Personally, I am not looking for a handout gift from the dev's. If vets feel I should not receive a vet reward for years not actually played, then I am ok with that.
I do think that a majority of vets think it is ok to sell their gifts to other players. I also think most vets don't have a problem placing some of their rewards out for public use -in fact they already are doing both.
I would like to be able to use them. That's all"

"You guys are spending too much thread-space talking about shard shields and ugly outhouse garden sheds" (my personal favorite)

Go ahead and re-read it. Nothing was misquoted or taken out of context. If you are still around virtualhabitat please chime in and tell me I am mistaken.

Everyone one of you that cant stand the idea of shard shields and garden sheds and rewards in general that you don't deserve has done nothing but try to falsely tell us that you are just trying to do the right thing by our younger players. Hell, the OP actually tried to tell us that he knows of people that aren't even trying UO because of the reward system lol. How many of you have stated that players may quit or that UO may fail over the reward system? A lot.

That's really funny though because the only young player in this gigantic thread has clearly stated a couple of times that he has no real issue with vet rewards and he specifically has no issue with shard shields or garden sheds.
All he has quite correctly stated is that he wishes that some of the rewards such as dye tubs, cloaks and seed boxes could be more accessible. And he also ofc knew that it would be wrong to not allow someone to pay full back sub fees to age up if that was ever an option. Popps is kindy kooky on that one imo

So who really has the issue with the oldest vet rewards? Uhh, our own greedy vets.
And we all know that the hardcore addicts that regularly post on these boards are not wanting for anything ingame and are certainly not quitting over something they have been aware of for years.

So what is the real issue here other then petty jealousy?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I made it to page 3...

Here´s my take on it:

There is not a single item in the vet reward selection that is actually needed to play this game. We can play it just fine without any of them.
I say let the veteran players keep and enjoy their picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.