• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Valentine's Gifts

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, seems they forgot this year. ;-( Instead of something thrown together at the last second, i.e. a piece of bacon...haha...I would rather not get anything. Thoughts?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, seems they forgot this year. ;-( Instead of something thrown together at the last second, i.e. a piece of bacon...haha...I would rather not get anything. Thoughts?
Well looking at the date, I'd expect you got your wish. Nada and the 14th is already almost over in the area of the world where I am.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda disappointing...

Like they've forgotten us...I really liked those valentine boxes , chocolates and stuffy bears.

Me and Lino just returned to UO.
We were curious to see the new valentine gifts these year.

Noticed you had some nice ones the previous years.

I actualy have that box of chocolates on my bed.
I bought a valentines bear two weeks ago.
And a valentine's rose a few weeks ago.

I still have valentinecards in my bank from years ago.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are a fair number of extant art assets that could be repurposed as Valentines items. Something could have been rehued/renamed and shoved out as a clicky relatively quickly. Its presently 8:41 am EST on the 14th in Virginia...so...maybe something could happen.

Don't hold your breath though.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The red velvet box, with a new round of fresh picked roses (with our names on them) a few cards, flesh it out a bit if you want to with a normal gift items like heritage token or something. No need for art, for most of this the programming should already be there (since it's been done before).

Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, Anniversary...these should all be ready to go well ahead of time, how can those days sneak up on you, they are the same every year! Easter floats around a bit, but even at that you still know its coming.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we have to find Cupid like before? They seem to find that stuff really amusing, the searching.
So! Happy Valentine's Day UO and team persons too.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Darn--is this the first valentine Day they've missed?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think I'd rather the artist spent his time creating content rather than gifts tbh. Do we really need more valentine gifts?
You beat me to the punch Petra....THIS!
NO we don't need anymore valentine gifts......the best gift we could get is a new publish and new content...which is what they are working on rather then coding in a bit of bacon in everyone's bag.....and how much bacon do we really need??? Even though it is tradition so get Bacon on Valentine's Day in UO....sometimes traditions change.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of our Hard-working Devs! :heart:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The only issue I have with this is again the lack of communication.

@Kyronix is the only Dev willing to tackle questions and responses and what it looks like to be on his own time.

The rest could step up to the plate and be like hey, no we are not doing anything for Valentine's Day because we want to spend our time releasing a quality publish in March. Thanks for playing.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe something will happen and most likely not. Consider this... the emperor has no clothes.
Ok good news is, no more items to hoard. Good news is I can let the account that runs out in May stay out.

Bad news is one more UO tradition may die. So what? Bad news is wondering, if no gifts say so.
Under this emperor's rule I went from ten paid accounts to 4.

I will never forget Mesanna on LS deleting a cheaters home. Poof all gone. That day I found out where she got those awesome boots and heard her say "no more free stuff". Free stuff was defined as the Ems dropping stuff for us and clickys'

That day I was too afraid of her to point out that NONE of this is free.Today that fear is long gone. They could have done something nice. Maybe will, so, so, and so what. I wish all of you well.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You beat me to the punch Petra....THIS!
NO we don't need anymore valentine gifts......the best gift we could get is a new publish and new content...which is what they are working on rather then coding in a bit of bacon in everyone's bag.....and how much bacon do we really need??? Even though it is tradition so get Bacon on Valentine's Day in UO....sometimes traditions change.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of our Hard-working Devs! :heart:
Unless it was making all greater dragons spawn as rainbow kitties for the weekend... I agree. :D

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not like it's impossible to release valentine stuff AND work on new content.

Plenty of other game dev manage to do both.

Events bring people back to UO.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they have something amazing planned for us tomorrow for President's Day? Either way I'm sure they still love us... right guys?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Maybe they have something amazing planned for us tomorrow for President's Day? Either way I'm sure they still love us... right guys?
yes, because we should celebrate a US holiday in a global game that is played all over the world and not celebrate Valentines day which is celebrated pretty much everywhere. (pretty much, but not everywhere)((and just so ya know tomorrow isn't Presidents Day, its Family Day))

came in today to check and see what was up with the lack of love (physically and literally) in UO.
kinda disappointing, eh?

well at least now i know why my wife gets sad when i forget to get her something for V-day.
maybe that was the lesson we were suppose to learn today?

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been looking forward to this day for a long time!

Not because it is valentines day but because The Walking Dead returns tonight!

I still don't know why people celebrate the hallmark holiday.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't know why people celebrate the hallmark holiday.
Probably because it's something to do. The different artificial event points on the calendar can serve the break up the grey trudging monotony that is life. :cool:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not like it's impossible to release valentine stuff AND work on new content.

Plenty of other game dev manage to do both.

Events bring people back to UO.
In fairness, most other games have a lot more devs than UO has. We're down to what, 5?

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, because we should celebrate a US holiday in a global game that is played all over the world and not celebrate Valentines day which is celebrated pretty much everywhere.
Yeah I know I was only making a joke. Though in the past they've have done something for the 4th of July.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a wee bit bummed out, but I hope they are working on other things to make the game better.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah I know I was only making a joke. Though in the past they've have done something for the 4th of July.
its just the Pixil Crack Withdrawals speaking through me, don't take it to heart.
TAKE IT TO HEART, ILL KILL YOU, GIVE ME PIXEL CRACK!!!!

:)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm totally shocked that they didn't do anything. Yes there is an upcoming publish but this is something that makes this game so wonderful. Logging in to see something magically appear that could possibly have your name on it. Awesome deco that you cherish. They could have given us a "Love Boat" (pink colored Row boat deed, rare white) or some rose petals we could sprinkle on our floors or across our beds.

I personally love my holiday items and I will continue to collect them.
Just saddens me there wasn't anything.

I guess it was good that I got all those endless items and roses last year

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been so many people over the last couple of years complaining, and rather "loudly", about how horrible they think the different holiday gifts are, that maybe the Dev's got tired of hearing all of the complaints from people and just decided not to do anything. My thought on the holiday gifts have always been: If you do not like it and do not want it, just throw it away, there is no reason to bash people. There are some players that still do appreciate everything that the Dev's do for us.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do. I love the Developers Work very much. But I never complained when there was nothing (see above), nor when the items were not interesting for me. I was just criticizing this gimme-mentality.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There have been so many people over the last couple of years complaining, and rather "loudly", about how horrible they think the different holiday gifts are, that maybe the Dev's got tired of hearing all of the complaints from people and just decided not to do anything. My thought on the holiday gifts have always been: If you do not like it and do not want it, just throw it away, there is no reason to bash people. There are some players that still do appreciate everything that the Dev's do for us.
i thought the same thing.....i didnt like having to go to a statue to get the gifts last year "basically because im lazy then i always have to be at an idoc" but i loved the bubbly. i use that item in deco so much......i dunno im seriously one of those people that look forward to the little uo treats....i dont do the whole EM thing so i really like the global stuff

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She got upset when everyone was critical of repurposed halloween crap...the christmas crap that wasnt tested and TOL content like a dragon turtle that is really a dragon.....so she is spanking us like ungrateful children. Sending us to virtual bed without our candy

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These items mean absolutely nothing. It is childish and ridiculous to complain about chocolate hearts, roses and cupids. If they only would give more cleanup-points ;-)
These holiday items mean alot to me I use them to decorate my places. yes I'm bummed only cuz the cheaters made me also pay the price for their cheating.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The good thing with new pixel items for holidays, is that the older stuff is given 'turn in points' and becomes useful.
Has been this way for years, just lazy that they didn't bother this year........
......another nail.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do we really need more crap? I would rather have devs fix things and improve game, fix account management and store. I would like to see some cc improvements, its really needs some love not just ec. just my opinion. I also wish it would be one gift per account.

oh my fault, no girlfriend right now so no valentine's day for me lol.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i guess i can get past this.
as long as they dont forget about March 14th, thats a deal breaker!