• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Valentine's Day Petition

C

Chango Pelon

By adding my name to this list, I acknowledge the need to eradicate the so called "holiday" known as Valentine's Day. This list of names is a show of solidarity in disposing of a practice geared towards making men fall into paranoia, bankruptcy, the dog house, and some times even death.

Please stop this activity from destroying another generation.

Signed:

Chango

I

Israel Hands

Haha, I'll sign it, but I know Fran is going to kill you... can I have your stuff?

Mr. Hands

I

imported_lindylou

I'll sign it since it's just another day for me. I don't have a valentine.

G

\signed

Dog house especially ... the mutt won't share his #$%#$##42 bone or Alpo!

I

imported_Az of DSR

Im young enough the ladies still let me get away with ignoring this "holiday"

Can I sign it twice?

( =

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Haha, I'll sign it, but I know Fran is going to kill you... can I have your stuff?

Mr. Hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I love your name and sig, very sweet.

I'll sign this thing because V-Day is an ambush against already oh-so-wide hips and asses everywhere instigated by candy companies! And guys, don't give flowers ... I told Zeus to never give me flowers because they are a curse on a relationship, because all they do is die. Sure enough, this time last year he gave me flowers for the first time ever and now look where we are.

Then again thank god for this holiday because I'm going to be making a killing delivering the flowers that all you saps out there buy ... delivering the kiss of death to relationships everywhere mwahahaha *thinks* does that make me the angel of death?

I

imported_Fran Fury

I will sign because obviously you don't need a special holiday to make you "fall into paranoia, bankruptcy, the dog house, and some times even death".

And sorry Mr. Hands..the widow gets everything..even if she did it. Unless you would like to add your name to another list

Fran Fury

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

I will sign because obviously you don't need a special holiday to make you "fall into paranoia, bankruptcy, the dog house, and some times even death".

Fran Fury

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, marriage did that.

*sails off into the sunset... very fast*

M

MuseDeDannan

now now no having lovers quarrels on the boards you two...unless you plan to exercise the "argue naked" theory. My mom always told me that whenever I got into an argument with my significant other we should both strip naked and then we'd be too busy laughing at each other to continue the argument. one, two, three, GO

G

You do realize that there is a remote control on the scuttle valves? You are still in a lot of danger.

C

Chango Pelon

HA, but that is to my advantage. She has trouble with remotes and I will be long gone before she gets help.

Chango - 1
Fran - 0

As to the arguing naked, I like as much armor between Fran's feet and "my precious" as possible.

G

Now Chango really. I have known you and Fran for many years now. So hear me out.

Fran has bore you 5 children.
She cooks.
She cleans.
She switched shard because you wanted to (if I remember correctly)
She puts up with YOU
She puts up with YOU
She puts up with YOU
Did I mention that she puts up with YOU?

Now I'm not saying spend $30 on a dozen roses that just two weeks ago cost only $12, but come on, can't you do something nice?

As a wife and a mother I can tell you she would probably be quite pleased if you simply cooked her and the kids dinner, did the dishes (which you can probably delegate to the children) and handled the bed time/bath time routine, telling her to go relax and do something she enjoys. It would prolly be to your advantage to give her a half gallon of her favorite ice cream too.

Once she's all nice and relaxed and pleased with you she might give you a nice Valentine's day present *wink*.

G

Methinks the first time Chango (or I for that matter) walked in with flowers or candy in hand for our spouse the first question would be one of the following:

"What did you do that you're sucking up to me."

"What in H*** do you want and how much will it cost."

"What did you break?"

Been there, done it and reworded for a "G" audience.

G

30 Dollars for roses? Where the hell do you shop or live for that matter. Well it doesnt really matter now since I pay 60 dollars a dozen and got my wife three!!! Best part of it all I used her CC not mine!!!!! So I didnt mind spending the extra cash on her. ROFL

G

best Valentines" Gift of all.....and it doesnt cost a thing. Kiss on the cheeck , pat on the butt and the sight of everyone leaving the house for a few hours so i can be alone....ALONE...to do whatever the hell i want to.

I

imported_Fran Fury

That does sound nice!

And don't worry Chango...I know where you sleep

G

<blockquote><hr>

best Valentines" Gift of all.....and it doesnt cost a thing. Kiss on the cheeck , pat on the butt and the sight of everyone leaving the house for a few hours so i can be alone....ALONE...to do whatever the hell i want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got two hours of that this past weekend. Best two hours I've had in a long time!

(Ok, I kept the baby)

I told Silme, next time make it 3 hours!

M

MuseDeDannan

so much to say and so little time. Ok first off, $60 for a dozen roses????? Can you say SUCKER!!!!!

Here they're $30 during V Day and Moms day and $15 the rest of the year like O said, except if you go in late in the evening on V day you can swing a dozen for $20 because the rush is ended.

Secondly - I would SO give a "valentines day present" to someone if they cooked me dinner, bought me ice cream and gave me a kiss on the cheek and a pat on the butt.

Thirdly - this is V day not mom's day. You're supposed to be left alone to do whatever you want on moms day. You're supposed to be left alone with your sweety to do the hippity dippity 500 times in two hours until you're both swollen (or shrunken depending on gender), panting, sweating and smell so bad you can't stand to be around each other. Then take a shower together and start all over again.

Best V day I've ever had? It was just like any other day until the "he" got home. We cooked dinner together, neither of us wearing anything but an apron a piece, we sat down in front of the fireplace channel to eat it, then listened to metallica and ... ya know. Then talked till 2 in the morning, went for a walk in the snow when we got home we defrosted under the covers.

G

me other half is asthmatic ... and deathly allergic to roses, lilacs and most other flowers. Sooo, we made a bargain early on ... V-day and Mom's day are vacations ... she does NOTHING unless it's 100% absolutely required.

I cook or we go out, but it will be her choice as to which. Then throughout the year there are other days - just for grinz that we do the same. Makes for easier dealings all around.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thirdly - this is V day not mom's day. You're supposed to be left alone to do whatever you want on moms day. You're supposed to be left alone with your sweety to do the hippity dippity 500 times in two hours until you're both swollen (or shrunken depending on gender), panting, sweating and smell so bad you can't stand to be around each other. Then take a shower together and start all over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds fun! Anyone want to babysit 3 adorable children? No? I thought not. I'll take the 3 hours alone, or with the baby again is fine. He gives nice kissies.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Muse...a little too much info there girl

And O...I love ya but I don't want to hear it! Try finding a sitter for 5

G

You know darn well that if I lived anywhere near you I would watch all 5 of your kids for you!

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Muse...a little too much info there girl

And O...I love ya but I don't want to hear it! Try finding a sitter for 5

[/ QUOTE ]

and therein lays yet another reason I don't have nor will I ever have children. I only have to worry about me, myself and I ... and my dog.

I

imported_Fran Fury

We got the dog too

And O, I know you would
I would watch yours too

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

Now Chango really. I have known you and Fran for many years now. So hear me out.

Fran has bore you 5 children.
She cooks.
She cleans.
She switched shard because you wanted to (if I remember correctly)
She puts up with YOU
She puts up with YOU
She puts up with YOU
Did I mention that she puts up with YOU?

Now I'm not saying spend $30 on a dozen roses that just two weeks ago cost only $12, but come on, can't you do something nice?

As a wife and a mother I can tell you she would probably be quite pleased if you simply cooked her and the kids dinner, did the dishes (which you can probably delegate to the children) and handled the bed time/bath time routine, telling her to go relax and do something she enjoys. It would prolly be to your advantage to give her a half gallon of her favorite ice cream too.

Once she's all nice and relaxed and pleased with you she might give you a nice Valentine's day present *wink*.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do all that on:

Mother's Day
Fran's Birthday
Our Anniversary

So for MY Valentine gift, I want to be left alone... and have a second Superbowl or something like that.

Last time I took her out for V-Day, we ate and then went to see a "romantic" movie at the theater. I guess I was the only one who knew that the Titanic sunk and lots of people died. The whole theater was in tears and I stood up to laugh at them. Now that is romantic!

M

MuseDeDannan

I laughed at that movie too, especially when she's laying on the shattered piano and she says "I won't let go Jack, I'll never let you go". Soon as she has a chance to save her ass what does she do? BREAKS his hand to let his ass go ... now that's one cold, lying ho! (And for the record I only saw it once but that stuff sticks with ya, ya know?)

Someone please post on the word association thread, I'm bored.

C

Chango Pelon

On another occasion, I tried to be Rico Suave and rented City of Angels. During the movie I mentioned how true love stories had to include tragedy, and that if Meg Ryan didn't die, it would not be a good "love" movie. Immediately after my comment she plowed into that truck and Fran started hitting me for killing her.

True story.

M

MuseDeDannan

you two should stop watching stupid movies.

Try something more along the lines of Fight Club ... I mean she stays with him even after he loses his mind, accuses her of boinking his alter ego and screwing up his life, blows up an entire city, starts a cult, gets beat up to the point of losing any and all potential attractiveness and shoots himself in the head but survives. Now that's love.

C

Chango Pelon

I like movies where the good guy dies though. That makes for a lack of variety. Everybody likes the Hollywood ending, not me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last time I took her out for V-Day, we ate and then went to see a "romantic" movie at the theater. I guess I was the only one who knew that the Titanic sunk and lots of people died. The whole theater was in tears and I stood up to laugh at them. Now that is romantic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dinner at Chuck E Cheese does not count! How many times do I have to explain this to you!

C

Chango Pelon

We are not high class enough for Chuck E Cheese. Dollar menus for the win!!

And just to show how romantic I can be, I just bought Fran a nice red vacuum cleaner for Valentine's Day.

I

imported_tek

Sheesh so nice to see that romance is dead with all of you

G

<blockquote><hr>

And just to show how romantic I can be, I just bought Fran a nice red vacuum cleaner for Valentine's Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are truly one of the greatest romantics of the 21st Century.

/sarcasm

I

imported_Fran Fury

It's not totally dead...I really did want a new vac

Chango got lucky marrying someone who is perfectly happy getting something I want/need rather then flowers that will die or something like that.

And have no fear...he spoils me all year long so one silly day is not that big of a deal. And I have no doubts I will get a box of chocolates or something. I always do

G

Fran, can you or Chango send Silme/Kelly a reminder please?

While I DID tell him not to spend $30 on roses, I didn't mean don't do anything at all. He may have misunderstood me. Infact, I'm quite confident he did.

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Sheesh so nice to see that romance is dead with all of you

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh in response to this and chango's dollar menu comment I feel compelled to tell you all about my wedding ... I was 19. I wore a black skirt, purple blouse and black dress jacket. he wore black jeens, black tennis shoes, a white button up shirt and black tie he borrowed from his brother.

The guest list consisted of the bishop performing the ceremony, his wife and two missionaries. It was the most basic of basic I do's with no reception afterward, then we stopped for drive-thru, dollar menu at McDonalds, went home and I cried myself to sleep alone in the bed while he sat on the sofa in the living room watching Everybody Loves Raymond.

Romance isn't dead with us, romance is dead period. It died with chivalry and common decency... or perhaps it never really existed except in the minds of fantastical writers such as myself who long for romance even though the realist in us tells us it's impossible.

I

imported_Fran Fury

What's wrong with McDonalds after the wedding? Didn't seem to affect our marriage. Going on 12 years

Must be a little romance there somewhere...umm somewhere...

M

MuseDeDannan

there was more romance in the divorce than there was in the marriage

I

imported_Fran Fury

ouch

I don't want to go that route. Chango is a keeper for sure even if he isn't THAT guy.

I

imported_Az of DSR

<blockquote><hr>

I like movies where the good guy dies though. That makes for a lack of variety. Everybody likes the Hollywood ending, not me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why Fallen is one of the best movies ever made. Dude you are 100% right

I

imported_Az of DSR

Well im getting woke up at 6am (4:40 mins) by my lady friend, and we are going back to bed. Then gonna spend the day just hangin out I think. Im gonna try my best not to do anything typical. I am gonna cook thou, and I do have movies for us to watch..... But thats a typical hang out sometimes so definately not celebratin the holiday. No matter how my lady friend might see it....

( =

C

Cherri1980

OMG !!
I can not believe what has been posted here. Come on guys.....Valentines Day is one of the most beautiful holidays. Not only is it a time for guys to express their love but also for gals too. Doesn't matter what you get on that day as long as you say "I Love You". That is all that matters and if you waited till Valentines Day to say those three little words then you waited too long. You are doomed lol.
So Happy Valentines Day to all you lovers !!! Enjoy your day and lets see some love here !!!

I

imported_Fran Fury

But that's just it exactly. All year long I hear "I love you" and Chango expresses his love in many ways. So why do I need 1 day set aside for that?

Why does that day have to be any different? It is really just an excuse for stores to mark up their prices and a way to send guys in a panic for not getting anything or not getting the right thing, spending too much or spending too little etc.

What about the single guys and gals? Just another day to depress them.

And lets not even get started on why kids are expected to give valentines to other little kids...

I

imported_Az of DSR

lol my lady friend just went home. we spent the day laying in bed holding each other and talking.... Some food and listened to music...

Omg what a day, I think I found the perfect girl... well for me. ( =

But wasnt a valentines day thing, just so happened today was valentines day.

G

Actually, my husband USUALLY is good to me everyday. I feel loved 6 out of 7 days a week. He doesn't believe in greeting card holidays. In fact, in (almost) 8 years of marriage I have received a total of 3 Valentine/Birthday cards from the man. I have however received more roses than I can count, not to mention countless other things.

Last weekend he came home with ice cream and hot fudge because he knows I love that. The week before he bought champagne for no other reason than because I like it.

So tonight he'll be working and I'll be playing UO after the little darlings, the products of his love, go to bed.

If Baja is dead I'll log onto Lake Austin with my newbie!

Did I mention that the Lake Austin forum is much chattier and friendlier than Baja? If the whole shard is like the forums, I made need to move over here.

I

imported_Fran Fury

I'll take the everyday lovin over this show it bigger on one day

I am right there with ya O. Chango is also working this evening so I will be playing as well. So if Baja is dead come on over
When you can find people around on LA they are usually always very friendly. You know we would welcome you over.

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

Doesn't matter what you get on that day as long as you say "I Love You".

[/ QUOTE ]

And, as Fran mentioned, for those of us who will go through this day without hearing a single, heartfelt, sincere I love you from anyone? What a rotten day this is.

Proof of my insanity: I signed up to deliver flowers to happy couples all over town, just four months after ending my four year relationship. I spent the entire day taking flowers to women who a) didn't seem at all surprised to get them. b) didn't even know which guy had sent them until they opened the card (greedy annoying little cows), or c) didn't even seem all that happy to be getting flowers at all! Those are the ones I just wanted to slap silly! These women don't deserve the kinds of men who call at least one day in advance to order some absolutely stunning bouquets with messages like "Love you so much!" I hate these women for wasting dozens of perfectly good men on themselves.

There was one, out of an entire day of deliveries, one woman who deserved what she got. She wasn't overly pretty or trendy, of all office buildings I visited today and all the jealous receptionists I encountered this girl worked in a gas station ... another first and last on my delivery list. She was positively stunned the moment I said her name and then she glowed with the overjoy of being more than just a little self-conscious. She really loved him as much as he loved her and she truly deserved her bouquet (which, by the way was also the most beautiful one I delivered ... 12 long stemmed steel roses, those are the ones that are a gray lavender color). Her I was happy for but I couldn't help feeling just a little bit sorry for myself.

Talk about sadism - I don't think I'll be doing that ever again.

G

For what it's worth;

Happy Valentine's Day Muse.

I always enjoy your posts.

I

imported_raider red

Happy valentine's Muse, From one broken/lonely heart to another.

I

imported_Fran Fury

I will second that!

For what it's worth...we love you Muse!