Val runic hammer??

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

What kind of weapons have you guys been able to pop out with a Val Runic hammer. And how good are the odds of it being great? would love to see some weapons or hear about the great ones that were made. Thinking of burning a hammer myself, just not sure if its worth it. thx.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
I have heard some serious nightmare stories about the val hammer. You might possibly get that 1 uber weapon you were hoping for but with the intensity changes of the other hammers, it's unlikely that you will see anything spectacular.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
Here's my best one...

It would have been nice to get some SSI or Hit Spell instead of the extra DCI, but I'm still pretty happy with that one.

G

Whats a twinkling scimitar? Is that for real a weapon choice you can craft? Looks like it has a lot of properties, pretty nice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's my best one...

It would have been nice to get some SSI or Hit Spell instead of the extra DCI, but I'm still pretty happy with that one.

[/ QUOTE ]That's the best item you got using a valorite?!?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
<blockquote><hr>

That's the best item you got using a valorite?!?

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah. I mean you can't get much better than that can you? 5 properties with 92% or higher intensities along with DI 40%. All three leeches, HLA, and max DCI. I think it's pretty good. Not saying it's perfect, but it makes my dexxor pretty much invincible.

Btw, to answer Dragon Slave's question, the Twinkling Scimitar is a Radiant Scimitar with DCI 6% that stacks with any DCI you roll. It requires a recipe and a Dark Sapphire.

G

interesting, is there any fencing weapons that require recipes?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
A list of all the recipes can be found here at uoguide.com. I'm not sure which ones are fencing, but I do know the ones based on the War Cleaver, elven spell blade, leafblade, and assassin spike are all fencing weapons.

G

I guess I need to learn what's good. I would have smelted that. I think I have!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That scimitar is totally amazing from a pvm stand point. I wouldnt suggest using it in pvp but man the leech on that and dci and hla on that fast of a weapon is pretty godly. That thing has some serious props on it. To put it into better perspective it makes a soulseeker look like trash.

G

Oh see and for PVM I think "what's the point?" if it's not a slayer type.

I

imported_lord richard

never seen one on my game window except on test

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh see and for PVM I think "what's the point?" if it's not a slayer type.

[/ QUOTE ]

True it may not be slayer but at times your better off without a slayer in your hand. Usually I carry a slayer and a normal weapon with me as a secondary. Also if your up against peerless or other monsters with no slayer type you would be better off with something like the weapon above that does not have a wasted property of slayer type on it.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

why why why !!!!!!!!!!! put that baby in the hands of a samurai vampire and he will be a tough cookie to kill

G

I need sumone to come lookit all my stuffs before I smelt them

G

In an aplication that you will understand, Flutter, that weapon would rock for a swordswoman in a champ spawn. No slayer on it means that you are not getting extra damage from anything other than the slayer type (like you do with a soulseeker). Maybe I should go snuggle up to him and see how much he wants for it since I am on Napa and conveniently so is he ... *winks*

G

I agree with Flutter. That would be a throw away where I play.

G

Id rather have a weapon with hit area and do momentum strike ;x

Plus you have to maintain 133 stamina just to swing at 1.25sps...

But then again id never work a spawn with my dexer. My necro does it alot faster, and alot safer.

G

and yea i get wpns like that from elite drops (high luck mels..). I dont even loot them. last time I did they wouldnt sell, and are of no use to myself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]*curtsies*
Not as stupid as I may let them think I am.
But if there is a market for such weapons I certainly need to know as I will stock my vendors accordingly.

G

Hrm, I never thought of the dex factor as I maintain that much dex since I am an axer. I also tend to disagree that a necro is any safer, and only marginally faster than a dexer for a champ (but the dexer outperforms when it comes to the champ itself), but then that is because I know what I am doing ... if someone did not, they would be in all sorts of trouble :p

Personally, tho I cracked the joke about wondering if he was selling it, I would rather use a Blaze and Soulseeker that I can snap with no bother.

(And yes, I do have a peace/necro AND a 6 focus weaver, and only use them for oaks and chokes.)

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain to me why you would throw a weapon away that has all three leeches over 90% intensity, HLA at 92%, max DCI, and DI 40%. On top of that, it swings at 1.25 at only 133 Stamina, which every dexxor in his/her right mind has. Show me a better weapon or explain to me why that would be thrown away rather than (at the very least) sold for millions. That's like saying every Soul Seeker in the game is useless and should be thrown away.

Not that I think it is perfect (Hit Spell or SSI would have been nice), but I've never seen a better weapon in the game.

If anyone thinks they have a better weapon, post a picture. It's funny how everyone "has a better weapon", but I'm not seeing any of them here (looted or crafted).

I guarantee you won't loot a weapon better than this one because you can't get 7 properties (actually 8) on a looted weapon. But somebody else must have burned a Val or Verite Hammer and ended up with something as good or even better than mine.

C

Connor_Graham

As I had said when you posted that in the Samurai forum, that weapon kicks a$$ for PvM. Has both offensive and defensive properties, and regardless of what people may think, HLA is way underrated in it's usefulness. You're right that SSI would have been much better than the 40 luck, but that weapon is still a very nice one, and I wouldn't mind having one like it myself. You could use the Whirlwind Attack special on that in a mob, have the HLA go off, and keep the entire mob from being able to hit you for the duration of the spell, or until they were dead. I could see using that for farming Travesty keys, especially for the red key. That HLA on it would be a massive buff when surrounded by 20 ninja types and mages.

K

Kith Kanan

aye the 133 stam is np , no dexxer I know run with less than 150 dex , and it has stam leech to keep it up , sure its not the ultimate pvp weapon , but its darn close for pvm .....

G

I only make weapons out of bronze hammers. I sell the rest.

For PvM
You can get the main 3 with bronze.

For PvP
You can get the main three with less worry about ssi by using 2 tick weapons.

Fireball/Lightning
HLD
MANA LEECH for specials.

M

Maximinus Thrax

My best was with an aga hammer:
Val War Fork:
HLA: 50
HHarm: 48
FC 1
SSI: 30
DMI: 38

I'm curious though, how many people have burned aga/ver/val hammers on making armor? I've made some really nice stuff on test, but I haven't had the guts to do it for reals.

K

Kith Kanan

never had the guts to use a Val hammer for armor , but made some sweet bloodwood pieces with heartwood saw's

G

Hi there,

when I have made my dream weapon I will start my quest for dragon armor.

But with my rl luck I guess it will take awhile.

I have already used 8 charges of Valorite hammer and 10 charges of Verite hammer.It is always a bit of pain to get lost properties like damage conversion,UBWS,any resist and mage weapon.

I have only made ONE weapon that havent had any of the properties above.
And ofcourse it was a swing from a verite hammer that only gave 4 properties.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

<blockquote><hr>

Show me a better weapon or explain to me why that would be thrown away rather than (at the very least) sold for millions. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Becuase (a guess) he plays on Seige, and pvp most of the time.
Its a VERY leet wep for PvM, but for PVP its not very good, you want. SSI, hit spell hld on those weps.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain to me why you would throw a weapon away that has all three leeches over 90% intensity, HLA at 92%, max DCI, and DI 40%. On top of that, it swings at 1.25 at only 133 Stamina, which every dexxor in his/her right mind has. Show me a better weapon or explain to me why that would be thrown away rather than (at the very least) sold for millions. That's like saying every Soul Seeker in the game is useless and should be thrown away.

Not that I think it is perfect (Hit Spell or SSI would have been nice), but I've never seen a better weapon in the game.

If anyone thinks they have a better weapon, post a picture. It's funny how everyone "has a better weapon", but I'm not seeing any of them here (looted or crafted).

I guarantee you won't loot a weapon better than this one because you can't get 7 properties (actually 8) on a looted weapon. But somebody else must have burned a Val or Verite Hammer and ended up with something as good or even better than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have yourself a PVM weapon. Thats IT.

LOL

And a val hammer for pvm, seems worth it to me!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2004
Oklahoma USA
Get on TC and you got a 30k charge valorite hammer on there. Pound to your hearts content. See if they are worth it for you.

T

Tark_Smash

He plays on siege, not much use for that weapon...

Soulseekers should be thrown away. Worthless..!!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Show me a better weapon or explain to me why that would be thrown away rather than (at the very least) sold for millions. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a VERY leet wep for PvM, but for PVP its not very good, you want. SSI, hit spell hld on those weps.

[/ QUOTE ]I actually PvP with it and I've even done 1v2 and did extremely well. SSI? Why? I already hit at 1.25 and the HSL keeps me hitting at 1.25. Hit Spell would be nice though not required. HLD is nice, but so is HLA. Basically with this weapon, they can't hit me very often (i.e. HLA and DCI), and if they do, I get the HP's and Stamina back on my next hit. The Radiant/Twinkling Scimitar has Bladeweave/whirlwind which I can spam on them thanks to the HML 57%. So they basically are mortaled, bleeding, AI'd, and then AI'd again. The whirlwind makes it ideal against Dexxor Ganks since it's an area attack where I leech off every single char I hit (i.e. insta MAX HP's, Stamina, and Mana).

No problem. I would just like to see someone post a picture of a better weapon; Siege or normal shard rather than people just saying it's junk when it obviously isn't.

I suppose it's actually too good for Siege because everyone and their brother would try to take it from me. I'd have to be in a good guild to carry it around.

I'm done defending it.

*out*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm curious though, how many people have burned aga/ver/val hammers on making armor? I've made some really nice stuff on test, but I haven't had the guts to do it for reals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've burned a couple bronze hammers on Samurai Legs &amp; Arms to fill in a couple Mage oriented suits of armor(Neck and Chest are taken with Pendant &amp; RBC, and the Samurai suit does not have gloves). I was looking, particularly, for LRC then 2 of the following: MR, LMC, Resists. I was able to upgrad most of my mages suits that way, though they will never be considered elite I'm sure.

A

Azmira Zalof

I'd say that's a pure PvM weapon. Whirlwind is mostly useless in PvP, and bladeweave, while occasionally useful, is too hit or miss to really be considered much of a force in PvP. HLA, while still good to keep you from getting disarmed, is overshadowed by the power of HLD in pvp. I'd also say that keeping up the stam to keep it swinging at cap would be difficult vs. spellusers. And weren't leeches nerfed in PvP? Even if they weren't, I've never thought of leeches as a very good modifier in pvp.

A better PvP wep? A guy on Atl has a diamond mace with 50 di 30 ssi 45-ish HLD and 48 fireball. I'd say that's FAR better than your wep, and would sell for upwards of 100m.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No slayer on it means that you are not getting extra damage from anything other than the slayer type

[/ QUOTE ]
They took that out years ago.

G

It's not "anything other", but last time we checked (last summer, I think?) creatures of the opposite slayer type do get a damage bonus to you.

G

Yeah .... as in a very bad idea to use a soulseeker in an undead spawn

I

imported_Vyrquenox

As I had said when you posted that in the Samurai forum, that weapon kicks a$$ for PvM. Has both offensive and defensive properties, and regardless of what people may think, HLA is way underrated in it's usefulness. You're right that SSI would have been much better than the 40 luck, but that weapon is still a very nice one,
--------------------------------
At some point I like my slayers but not everything is damned vulnerable to slayers, some of the ornate axes in the game would be far better for a samurai but not everyone is a samurai. Saying you would throw that sword on the ground is an insult to the guy who is obviously proud of it and a pretty low thing to say about how uber you are and how long you've played the game. It ain't a piece of trash.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

You have yourself a PVM weapon. Thats IT.

LOL

And a val hammer for pvm, seems worth it to me!

why do you people always think everybody pvps all the time and they are worthless human garbage who should be put in the hanoi hilton and have their families slaughtered if they are just pvm? Stop it. Of course it is a pvm weapon, you don't need to laugh mockingly at that.

G

Life Leech and Mana Leech aren't anything special, especially since they nerfed the [censored] out of them awhile back. Even 100% Life Leech on the Breath of the Dead is a joke. Life Leech barely leeches back anything now. Mana Leech is only useful if you're doing upwards of 80+ damage a shot, which can be done in PvM, but not PvP. Even with High Mana Leech % on a Ornate Axe, it can barely leech back enough Mana to cover the cost of a 4 Mana Lightning Strike in PvP.

Bladeweave is a waste of Mana in my opinion, too many broken or useless specials it can do. Block is broken, Double Strike is Broken, Feint makes you take 1/2 damage for 4 secs, can be useful, does Bleed/AI/Mortal alot less often than the broken specials. If i wanted to do one of them specials, i'd switch to a weapon that could do it.

This was crafted with a Valorite Runic Hammer before the new changes to their properties. Is Two-Handed, so good for Samurais. The Lightning is useful, especially with a Double Strike after i Disarm someone, the Stam Leech keeps my Stam up (Only dependable Leech nowadays IMO), enough SSI to make me swing fast, and 40% Dam Inc.
What's the difference between a Lightning Strike Critical or a Bladeweave AI? Both have a chance to go off, but Critical also gives +50% HCI and costs alot less Mana, and it's Mana use doesn't double if chained. The Mortal Strike is useful for when i wan't to keep someone from healing by bandies/spells/pots.

But yeah, i'd prefer to have HLA on my Wep than HLD, since HLD can be gotten from Mace &amp; Shield Glasses, and it doesn't stack with the HLD of a wep like you'd think it would.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I actually PvP with it and I've even done 1v2 and did extremely well. SSI? Why? I already hit at 1.25 and the HSL keeps me hitting at 1.25. Hit Spell would be nice though not required. HLD is nice, but so is HLA. Basically with this weapon, they can't hit me very often (i.e. HLA and DCI), and if they do, I get the HP's and Stamina back on my next hit. The Radiant/Twinkling Scimitar has Bladeweave/whirlwind which I can spam on them thanks to the HML 57%. So they basically are mortaled, bleeding, AI'd, and then AI'd again. The whirlwind makes it ideal against Dexxor Ganks since it's an area attack where I leech off every single char I hit (i.e. insta MAX HP's, Stamina, and Mana).

No problem. I would just like to see someone post a picture of a better weapon; Siege or normal shard rather than people just saying it's junk when it obviously isn't.

I suppose it's actually too good for Siege because everyone and their brother would try to take it from me. I'd have to be in a good guild to carry it around.

I'm done defending it.

*out*

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hla and dci just ain't doing much vs Mages and necro tbh. And leeces will help you stay at fast speed and have some mana. But you need the xtra hits/dmg from weps to kill. Stam you can get from pots or divine anyway.

C

Connor_Graham

*deleted*

Misunderstanding that's been cleared up....

G

mmm,

that weapon is very close to the dream weapon I was refering to above.
If I would make that kind of fork I will definetely try to make a dragon suit.

I need SC(penalty or not) for my very old template.

Regards
The Scandinavian

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 7, 2008
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I actually PvP with it and I've even done 1v2 and did extremely well. SSI? Why? I already hit at 1.25 and the HSL keeps me hitting at 1.25. Hit Spell would be nice though not required. HLD is nice, but so is HLA. Basically with this weapon, they can't hit me very often (i.e. HLA and DCI), and if they do, I get the HP's and Stamina back on my next hit. The Radiant/Twinkling Scimitar has Bladeweave/whirlwind which I can spam on them thanks to the HML 57%. So they basically are mortaled, bleeding, AI'd, and then AI'd again. The whirlwind makes it ideal against Dexxor Ganks since it's an area attack where I leech off every single char I hit (i.e. insta MAX HP's, Stamina, and Mana).

I'm done defending it.

*out*

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a diamond mace that blows your wep out the water. Ill post the pic when i get off work. but the stats are.

Hit Stam 40
Hit Fireball 38
Hit Lower Defense 46
Swing Speed 30
Damg Inc 46

I

imported_Cysphruo

the weapon kicks butt, its the ultimate pvm weapon i dont care what anyone says, i can solo any peerless and all of doom currently with my weapon which only has 4 properties, i could do it a lot easier with that weapon

and btw, i dont care how good you are on a dexer, i can own any spawn on a necro without dying and im sure faster then anyone could on a dexer

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 7, 2008
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done defending it.

*out*

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a diamond mace that blows your wep out the water. Ill post the pic when i get off work. but the stats are.

Hit Stam 40
Hit Fireball 38
Hit Lower Defense 46
Swing Speed 30
Damg Inc 46

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is the pic.